The FAA was shut down today, did anyone notice?

Hey QW, I'm flying out with my family Monday from Indy to Tampa, can you tell us what this means for us? Thanks! (We already have our plane tickets, anything else I need to know or do?)

A bunch of airport construction projects are delayed.
Liberals would like you to believe planes are falling out of the sky.

Hey QW, I'm flying out with my family Monday from Indy to Tampa, can you tell us what this means for us? Thanks! (We already have our plane tickets, anything else I need to know or do?)

It doesn't mean anything. The FAA still makes sure planes, airlines, and airports are safe. They just don't have any money to spend on construction, or subsidies for smaller airports and airlines. My guess is that, if this continues, we will see some of the commuter services either stopped or the prices for those will go up dramatically. Then the smaller airports will shut down, and larger construction projects will run out of money and stop. It will be bad if it keeps up for long, but tickets prices will go down for a bit.

FAA construction workers are affected. The essential personnel will still work. So, travelers shouldn't see much of anything.

So the Democrats didn't cave to the Republicans let us screw the working man? Good for them!

OK, thanks everyone, I wasn't sure what to expect!

I haven't flown since 2002, so I'm still getting used to all the stuff I can and can't do.

OK, thanks everyone, I wasn't sure what to expect!

I haven't flown since 2002, so I'm still getting used to all the stuff I can and can't do.

I don't know if I would call myself a frequent flyer but in all the changes since 9/11 the liquids policy is the hardest to get used to.

yes and synthaholic in a thread he started made a big deal that it is was the Republicans doing, you know, BOEHNER did it!!:eek:etc etc etc..

what he fails to realize is the DOT, dept. of Transportation owns the FAA, THEY make the decisions as to whats gets funded in their dept. from their dept. budget allotment, or not.

Actually, the FAA has been running on CRs since 2007.

So we need to ask why Nancy didn't find time to get this taken care of. Oh, that's right, She got to fly personal govt. flights while speaker. Don't worry about the folks flyin' coach.

Also, The price for tickets should drop. They stopped collecting their $200,000,000.00 a WEEK today.

Forum List

Back