The F-35 goes FMC this month

Daryl Hunt

Your Worst Nightmare
Oct 22, 2014
O.D. (Stands for Out Dere
Well, here it is. With the latest mods being installed this month on all F-35s then it goes FMC. What does that mean?

It means that the F-35 can carry and use external stores.
The Radar has enough oomph to fry out ground installations without firing a shot
It can now do some pretty nasty things since the G rating has been increased

And, not to mention, it will be already in place in the hotspots of the world. If you think the F-35 didn't scare the living hell yesterday, tomarrow should be interesting and make the world a safer place. Or make the danger easier to handle.

• Banned
While you mentioned (your laziness is noted) some really bad countries that are constantly changing governments, you left off Russia and China from your URL. And just how many governmental changes has all of them (including Russia and China) gone through to our ONE change since 1778? The US ends up being one of the oldest governments on the face of the earth. Could it be that the US spends a lot but it keeps our Country afloat.

So we build the best and the rest of the world doesn't. The Investment keeps the rest of the world from carving up the US as it wishes. Both the F-22 and the F-35 (as they are right now) will be the best for the next decade. The rest of the world may catch up in 10 years but by then, the F-22 and F-35 will have progressed even further. The same BS was said about the F-15 and it was the dominate fighter for about 30+ years. You get what you pay for. And stay a free nation in the process.

Well, here it is. With the latest mods being installed this month on all F-35s then it goes FMC. What does that mean?

The Radar has enough oomph to fry out ground installations without firing a shot

And, not to mention, it will be already in place in the hotspots of the world. If you think the F-35 didn't scare the living hell yesterday, tomarrow should be interesting and make the world a safer place. Or make the danger easier to handle.

Carrying external stores defeats the Stealth technology, so why?

Radars on a Stealth platform are a big sign saying "Here I am!" Also, how do they "fry out ground installations"?

What is the source of your information, because it is not making sense?

• Banned

Radars on a Stealth platform are a big sign saying "Here I am!" Also, how do they "fry out ground installations"?

On the first wave, no external stores. AFter it makes a nice corridor, it can then return with external stores.

It's called "Electronic Attack" and already in the F-35.
F-35 Software Development | F-35 Lightning II

What is does is hit the other persons radar with a very powerful burst that either flash blinds them or overloads them. Only the F-35 has the excess power to do this.

Hate to break your bubble but as of this month, the F-35 goes to Full Mission Capability. And that should scare the hell out of quite a few of our enemies including North Korea. In order to fire those missiles, they need targeting data. In order to even fire the Artillery, they need to have some form of tracking unless they already had it dialed in. Not much can be done about the pre dialed in but everything else is in huge jeapordy.

There is a lot of both the F-22 and F-35 that doesn't make sense. It just is. Using yesterdays thought means you will be caught with your pants down.

Welcome to the 21st century.

On the first wave, no external stores. AFter it makes a nice corridor, it can then return with external stores.

What is does is hit the other persons radar with a very powerful burst that either flash blinds them or overloads them. Only the F-35 has the excess power to do this.

Hate to break your bubble but as of this month, the F-35 goes to Full Mission Capability. And that should scare the hell out of quite a few of our enemies including North Korea. In order to fire those missiles, they need targeting data. In order to even fire the Artillery, they need to have some form of tracking unless they already had it dialed in. Not much can be done about the pre dialed in but everything else is in huge jeapordy.

There is a lot of both the F-22 and F-35 that doesn't make sense. It just is. Using yesterdays thought means you will be caught with your pants down.

With all due respect, you apparently don't know much about air warfare.

Make a corridor? I'm sorry! There are not enough F-35s available to do the job.

As to "Electronic Attack", that is Electronic Warfare and started in the 1950s. Any emission from a Stealth aircraft gives way it's position. My Navy missile systems built in the 1960s had a Home On Jam mode that if you tried to jam the missile frequency it would just follow the jamming to the source and blow you out of the sky.

Artillery doesn't need targeting data. They have had 64 years to figure it out.

I'm sorry, but you have bought the hype but don't understand the problem.

• Banned

As to "Electronic Attack", that is Electronic Warfare and started in the 1950s. Any emission from a Stealth aircraft gives way it's position. My Navy missile systems built in the 1960s had a Home On Jam mode that if you tried to jam the missile frequency it would just follow the jamming to the source and blow you out of the sky.

You are thinking in a very small box from the 20th Century or the first 10 years of the 21st century. I suggest you get a bigger box.

You are thinking in a very small box from the 20th Century or the first 10 years of the 21st century. I suggest you get a bigger box.

I suggest you provide a link showing where you got this fairy tale.

• Banned

Already did. Just because it differs from your own personal opinions doesn't make it a lie. I only post a link once. You need to read it once instead of ignoring anything that might differ from your own views.

Already did. Just because it differs from your own personal opinions doesn't make it a lie. I only post a link once. You need to read it once instead of ignoring anything that might differ from your own views.

I see one link and it doesn't address your claims because it is from the aircraft's designer and builder.

Want to try again?

If you believe all of that, I have a bridge to sell you, because you are just the gullible type to post crap like that.

I see one link and it doesn't address your claims because it is from the aircraft's designer and builder.

Want to try again?

If you believe all of that, I have a bridge to sell you, because you are just the gullible type to post crap like that.

You will say the same to any link I give. So, since you won't accept facts, so be it. This conversation is over.

Want to try again?

You will say the same to any link I give. So, since you won't accept facts, so be it. This conversation is over.

So, because you cannot back up the assertions you made, I am the bad guy?

You know as much about logic as you do about air warfare.

Loser.

FMC tee hee hee...I wonder what their current man hr/flt hr looks like. The 22's were up around 60/flt hr for a couple years. So much technology, so many bugs. Shit, I worked B-1's back in 2010 at Ellsworth and that was Old tech and they were up around 35/flt hour and a 40% MC rate, when at home station. Of course they flew them like fighters to satisfy aircrew training req's but still...PoS. B-2's never got their shit together. We shall see. We shall see. The rumor mill is rife with bad news in the AF Mx community about the 35. New air frame, gotta give it time.

FMC tee hee hee...I wonder what their current man hr/flt hr looks like. The 22's were up around 60/flt hr for a couple years. So much technology, so many bugs. Shit, I worked B-1's back in 2010 at Ellsworth and that was Old tech and they were up around 35/flt hour and a 40% MC rate, when at home station. Of course they flew them like fighters to satisfy aircrew training req's but still...PoS. B-2's never got their shit together. We shall see. We shall see. The rumor mill is rife with bad news in the AF Mx community about the 35. New air frame, gotta give it time.

getasset.aspx

And it's gone down 17K in 2016 making the F-35A about what the F-16 is. The F-35A is a bit different to work on. On most AC, you have to pull panels with Zerc Fittings. On the F-35A, you open a panel on hinges and the components are staring you in the face. This type of construction was first used on the F-22A and you can see that the break rate is lower since it takes less time to fix it.

The biggest headache on the F-22A is the spray on stealth paint. It cracks and peals and has to be fixed on almost a daily basis. But the F-35A has the stealth cover baked into the skin making it last much longer. In the end, the F-35A should be comparable to the F-16C overall.

With these stealth fighters, will we now be able to finally defeat the Taliban farmers? .... :dunno:

Yes, but only the ones with the S-400 Surface to Air Missile Complexes. All Soldiers are Farmers to begin with. But they change quickly when they feel the necessity. Those "Farmers" that you think exist, stopped being farmers the second they became soldiers. And those "Farmers" make some pretty good soldiers. And those "Farmers" are pretty well equipped these days.

getasset.aspx

And it's gone down 17K in 2016 making the F-35A about what the F-16 is. The F-35A is a bit different to work on. On most AC, you have to pull panels with Zerc Fittings. On the F-35A, you open a panel on hinges and the components are staring you in the face. This type of construction was first used on the F-22A and you can see that the break rate is lower since it takes less time to fix it.

The biggest headache on the F-22A is the spray on stealth paint. It cracks and peals and has to be fixed on almost a daily basis. But the F-35A has the stealth cover baked into the skin making it last much longer. In the end, the F-35A should be comparable to the F-16C overall.

You do realize that the F-35A, F-35B, and F-35C are basically all different aircraft.

getasset.aspx

You do realize that the F-35A, F-35B, and F-35C are basically all different aircraft.
Thank

Thank you for pointing that out, Mr. Obvious. Care to try and talk down to me just a little more?

getasset.aspx

Thank you for pointing that out, Mr. Obvious. Care to try and talk down to me just a little more?

I was talking to you. If you consider your ignorance worth talking down to, so be it!

You haven't shown much intelligence on this thread.

Actually, Mr Obvious, there are many similarities between all 3

Between the B and the A over 70 percent of the components are the same. Between the A and the C almost 90 percent of the parts interchange.

The A has a longer weapons bay since it doesn't require the lift fan of the B or the extra fuel of the C. The C gets longer wings with the landing gear strengthened. All 3 came off the same drawing board. To say that they are completely different AC is just gumming jaws.

Forum List

Back