The Executive Director of New Jersey Pride GETS IT

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Wow, good for her. She gets it. I hope that she'd invite me to her wedding.

No doubt she'll be a target of the PC Police for this, maybe lose her job:

Why I Support No Gays Allowed C.J. Prince

Frankly, I've had it with the narcissistic assumption that gay folks are dying to get into any straight club that doesn't want them. So let me be clear about a few things: I do not want to order a wedding cake from a bakery owned by a guy who thinks I'm going to hell. I have no desire to purchase bouquets from a florist who pickets Pride parades. I wouldn't serve pizza at a wedding if the owner paid me and offered to serenade my guests with an a cappella version of "Born This Way." And finally, the suggestion that I would be insane enough to want to force a homophobic clergyperson to preside over my most sacred day is beyond insulting. I'm a lesbian who was raised Orthodox Jewish and even I am not that self-hating.

So I say to Amyx and others of his ilk, be blunt. If your message is "No Gays Allowed," then put it out there, loud and proud. Let me know you don't want me in your store, and I'll steer clear. And please, hang similar signage if you dream of excluding Jews, African-Americans or any other minority group, because that will likewise inform my decisions as a consumer.

And my point exactly here:

The real problem I have is with all those underground haters. The ones who don't have a sign out front, yet silently seethe about my "lifestyle," who happily take my money and then give it to the National Organization for Marriage or the Family Research Council or some other group that will use it to try to strip me of my civil rights.

More and more lefties are showing some spine. Looks like I've been ahead of the curve.

There's nothing wrong with telling gays that their money is going straight to the Family Research Council.

Frankly, I've had it with the narcissistic assumption that gay folks are dying to get into any straight club that doesn't want them. So let me be clear about a few things: I do not want to order a wedding cake from a bakery owned by a guy who thinks I'm going to hell. I have no desire to purchase bouquets from a florist who pickets Pride parades. I wouldn't serve pizza at a wedding if the owner paid me and offered to serenade my guests with an a cappella version of "Born This Way." And finally, the suggestion that I would be insane enough to want to force a homophobic clergyperson to preside over my most sacred day is beyond insulting. I'm a lesbian who was raised Orthodox Jewish and even I am not that self-hating.

So I say to Amyx and others of his ilk, be blunt. If your message is "No Gays Allowed," then put it out there, loud and proud. Let me know you don't want me in your store, and I'll steer clear. And please, hang similar signage if you dream of excluding Jews, African-Americans or any other minority group, because that will likewise inform my decisions as a consumer.

The real problem I have is with all those underground haters. The ones who don't have a sign out front, yet silently seethe about my "lifestyle," who happily take my money and then give it to the National Organization for Marriage or the Family Research Council or some other group that will use it to try to strip me of my civil rights.

More and more lefties are showing some spine. Looks like I've been ahead of the curve.

Gosh!

Not all gays march in lockstep! :eek:

I guess that blows away your entire "pc police" meme now.

Do we need to find something else to give your life meaning or will you just take yourself off to the bottom of the garden and enjoy your diet of worms?

On the plus side not having you whining about the "pc police" anymore is definitely something to be grateful for. :D

Have nice 4th of July.

On a personal level, fine, got it. As a society, not a fucking chance in hell.

Gosh!

Do we need to find something else to give your life meaning or will you just take yourself off to the bottom of the garden and enjoy your diet of worms?

On the plus side not having you whining about the "pc police" anymore is definitely something to be grateful for. :D

Have nice 4th of July.
She's in the tiny minority on the Left, the exception to the rule.

As you know.

Glad I got your attention, that was decent deflection. Not great, not bad.

And the snarky comments I predicted.

Perfect.

Gosh!

Have nice 4th of July.

As you know.

Perfect.

I knew you were expecting them so I didn't want to disappoint you. We know how you get when things don't go your way! ;)

As far as what she said goes you might want to read it again.

She was essentially telling the homophobes to come out of their closet and deal with the consequences when informed consumers make their choices.

I am not gay but if I saw such a sign I would not patronize that establishment.

In essence she was calling them out for being cowards.

Gosh!

Have nice 4th of July.

As you know.

Perfect.

I knew you were expecting them so I didn't want to disappoint you. We know how you get when things don't go your way! ;)

She was essentially telling the homophobes to come out of their closet and deal with the consequences when informed consumers make their choices.

And I agree with her. Those who are TRULY bigoted against gays need their hearts and minds changed.

But you want to punish, I don't.

I would never think to punish you for expressing your opinion, too bad you would not return the courtesy.

Last edited:

Gosh!

Have nice 4th of July.

As you know.

Perfect.

Did you post about a 135K fine for someone who was brave enough to come out? Don't you relish the stories of lives and businesses ruined? Why yes, yes it is you who seems to get off on such stories.

Gosh!

Have nice 4th of July.

As you know.

Perfect.

And I agree with her. Those who are TRULY bigoted against gays need their hearts and minds changed.

But you want to punish, I don't.

I would never think to punish you for expressing your opinion, too bad you would not return the courtesy.

Some opinions are more equal than others...

I don't understand why those who want to intimidate and punish those who disagree with them think they're actually improving anything, or how.

Well, just kidding. I admit, they're clearly not trying to improve anything.

Tolerance stops at intolerance. As a society, we have every right to impose our collective values and morality...

I don't understand why those who want to intimidate and punish those who disagree with them think they're actually improving anything, or how.

Tolerance stops at intolerance. As a society, we have every right to impose our collective values and morality...
.... to what end? Do you think you're changing hearts and minds, making it so these people will no longer hate?

What, precisely, are you accomplishing?

Sorry, she gets nothing about the whole left wing agenda.

Getting the SCOTUS to force morality on America was just the start.

Next they will go after churches and businesses that do not bow down to their will. It is what left wingers do.

Don't get me wrong, what she posted is exactly right and what I would do. It is why the lines to Chic Fillet were so long when the liberals attacked them. The liberals won't allow common sense such as hers to be heard. Cause they know if a sign said I stand for traditional marriage was posted in a store that store would thrive without them.

But thanks for the thread I always find abnormalities interesting.

.... to what end? Do you think you're changing hearts and minds, making it so these people will no longer hate?

What, precisely, are you accomplishing?

Forcing everyone to get along well enough to get on with their day. When you got 'em by the balls their hearts and minds will follow...

Forum List

Back