The Executive Director of New Jersey Pride GETS IT

The only folks trying
Noting intolerant about outlawing bigotry. And I have no problem with religion; my problem is with those, like you, who pervert it to be a weapon to be used against those who don't share your particular faith. God is real. The one you think you pray to, however, is not. You created your God in your image and he is one ugly bastard.
"Nothing intolerant about outlawing bigotry."

I see.

Do you understand that you're being a bigot right now?

I understand that you have no clue what bigotry is.
Bigotry Define Bigotry at Dictionary.com

bigotry

[big-uh-tree]

noun, plural bigotries.
stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.
the actions, beliefs, prejudices, etc., of a bigot.

This is just too easy.

Cutting a pasting a definition does not equate with comprehension. I have complete tolerance of others beliefs. It is with their actions that I have a problem. You can believe that blacks are inferior or gay people are inferior, but you cannot refuse to do business with them. That is forcing them to abide by your beliefs and is the very definition of bigotry.
You tell me that I don't know what the definition of bigotry is and then chafe when I provide it.

So you don't understand that you're a bigot.

Okay, that was my guess anyway.

Anyone can copy something from another site. You did that well. Congratulations. What you lack is comprehension. Intolerance is when you demand that others abide by your beliefs. Demanding the ability to discriminate against people because they are gay is demanding that they abide by your belief that they are somehow not equal to others. That is bigotry. Not that you are remotely bright enough to understand the difference between being able to find a definition on the internet and actually understanding what the definition means.

It is no burden to bake a cake.

It is if you are forced to do so under penalty of going against your moral code, or go out of business. On the other hand, going to another baker is definitely not a burden, and the hurt feelings that result are not "harm".
And, as we all know, the couple would have to CHOOSE to file the complaint that leads ultimately to the fine.

When that couple files a complaint about an illegal alien, perhaps this whole meme won't be so transparent.

You are fighting an uphill battle here. The people that want everyone to conform to their moral code come more from your side these days than my side. Such is the nature of cultural/moral arguments. The cyclical nature is often overlooked by people who think everything always goes "forward".
The only folks trying
It is no burden to bake a cake.

It is if you are forced to do so under penalty of going against your moral code, or go out of business. On the other hand, going to another baker is definitely not a burden, and the hurt feelings that result are not "harm".
But you are not. It is not moral to refuse to allow a person to patronize your store or business because of your bigotry. There is no burden. Babe the fucking cake and then pray to your fake God to save your soul.

it's amazing you don't realize you are merely exchanging one form of intolerance for another. The only bigot in the thread is you. You are an anti-religious nutter.

Noting intolerant about outlawing bigotry. And I have no problem with religion; my problem is with those, like you, who pervert it to be a weapon to be used against those who don't share your particular faith. God is real. The one you think you pray to, however, is not. You created your God in your image and he is one ugly bastard.

Again, Lapsed Catholic at best here, so saying I pervert faith doesn't work, because at this point of my life I don't have much of it.

My issue is solely with government being able to force others to comply or else, and my main issue is that should only happen when there is a compelling government interest due to actual harm caused when said force is not applied.
There is actual harm in allowing businesses to refuse to serve, hire or accommodate gay people.

"Nothing intolerant about outlawing bigotry."

I see.

Do you understand that you're being a bigot right now?

bigotry

[big-uh-tree]

noun, plural bigotries.
stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

This is just too easy.

Cutting a pasting a definition does not equate with comprehension. I have complete tolerance of others beliefs. It is with their actions that I have a problem. You can believe that blacks are inferior or gay people are inferior, but you cannot refuse to do business with them. That is forcing them to abide by your beliefs and is the very definition of bigotry.
You tell me that I don't know what the definition of bigotry is and then chafe when I provide it.

Anyone can copy something from another site. You did that well. Congratulations. What you lack is comprehension. Intolerance is when you demand that others abide by your beliefs. Demanding the ability to discriminate against people because they are gay is demanding that they abide by your belief that they are somehow not equal to others. That is bigotry. Not that you are remotely bright enough to understand the difference between being able to find a definition on the internet and actually understanding what the definition means.
Back to the "you're dumb" argument so effective in grade school playgrounds. As I recall.

There's no rule that says you have to admit your bigotry. Please play with someone else, thanks.

If I were to see a sign like this hanging on a business I would definitely enter it. And spend as much money there as I can. Any business should be allowed to serve whomever they choose to.

bigotry

[big-uh-tree]

noun, plural bigotries.

This is just too easy.

Back to the "you're dumb" argument so effective in grade school playgrounds. As I recall.

There's no rule that says you have to admit your bigotry. Please play with someone else, thanks.

You had to go out and cut and paste a definition; you could not define it yourself, using what you know about the term. The most asinine defense bigots like you offer is the "you don't tolerate my bigotry so you are the bigot". Speaking of grade school. That is your version of "I know what you are, but what am I." You learned how to debate from the Pee Wee Herman school.

bigotry

[big-uh-tree]

noun, plural bigotries.

This is just too easy.

You had to go out and cut and paste a definition; you could not define it yourself, using what you know about the term. The most asinine defense bigots like you offer is the "you don't tolerate my bigotry so you are the bigot". Speaking of grade school. That is your version of "I know what you are, but what am I." You learned how to debate from the Pee Wee Herman school.
Tissue?

When I first read the article it made sense to some degree but it didn't seem right to defer to bigots in any way. This issue has been around for a while now. The case has been before the SC for months. The outcome has always been a real possibility. It's not a surprise. We all saw it coming. Grow up and move on. All this angst is really about the ruling and not really about the PA laws. The PA laws have been around for decades. There is no change to them with this ruling unless you statechooses now to include gays in their laws.

Open and willful bigotry must be challenged wherever and whenever it happens. As adults we all know how to behave. We all know it's not only wrong but illegal. As an adult, if you choose to act on your bigotry then don't cry foul when that decision bites you on the ass. It's not your victim's fault you chose to victimize them. They have every right to hold you to account. This issue isn't just about gays. Blacks still face these abuses even today. That fact shows that this is an ongoing struggle and it must be addressed as they happen and never accepted. We are all adults. Attacking the victim for seeking damages is simply childish. The perpetrator deserves the ire from society. Not the victim.

Public Accommodations Civil Rights Litigation Relman Dane Colfax PLLC

Archives Civil Rights Litigation Relman Dane Colfax PLLC

Forum List

Back