The evil 'Mr. Rogers'

It is testament to the absurdity of this thread that no one chooses to discuss Don Chance.

He wrote the Wall Street Journal story back in 2007, yet the focus here is on a six year old Fox broadcast that makes parody of that article.

Are you Liberals really this stupid?

No no no you don't.

The "R" in RCA is for "radio". Radio Corporation of America. Not "Rogers".

Are you thinking of the Canadian media company?

I am telling you I saw the photographs and the Victrola myself! The original one! It is still in the family! This was years ago when I lived in Fla. John ( Mr. Rogers son ) showed me the photographs and told me the story of his granfather being the R in RCA ( Mr. Rogers Father ) I saw the photographs, the news clippings, everything. His son worked for a bank back then and walked to work. ( by choice ) Salt of the earth people. Fox doesn't know what they are talking about and neither do you! His mother was a brilliant pianist. I don't know how she is or the rest of the family these days but I do know that this story about him is a bunch of nonsense! - Jeri

Then he was either lying or passing on a falsehood he'd been told himself. RCA has always meant Radio Corporation of America. Radio was a new invention then, and the USG, having nationalized the young industry as a resource for World War I, made a deal with General Electric to form a monopoly electronics company. This company was called, from it's beginning in 1919, the Radio Corporation of America; "RCA". It has never stood for anyone named Rogers, or anybody else.

Radio is my life's work. I think I'll take what I already know over an anecdote from some guy you met in Florida. Plus it's entirely documented. I've got an entire library here. Victrolas were a commodity that anyone could buy, and someone's mother being a brilliant pianist is not exactly a logical basis for somebody named Rogers being the R in the Radio Corporation of America.

I'm afraid what you're following is one of those pieces of family folklore that develops and gets garbled over the years. Perhaps the guy was the R in some other company, but it wasn't RCA, because that's never stood for anyone's name.

Actually, GE bought American Marconi Company and when they incorporated they became Radio Corporation of America.

It is testament to the absurdity of this thread that no one chooses to discuss Don Chance.

He wrote the Wall Street Journal story back in 2007, yet the focus here is on a six year old Fox broadcast that makes parody of that article.

Are you Liberals really this stupid?

Pretty much.

Fox Noise has always fueled itself on hate. Because it sells.

Here it is on YouTube:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29lmR_357rA]Mr. Rogers is a evil Man - YouTube[/ame]

for crying out loud, now they can't question the Mr. Rodgers or that make it HATE
you people and petty, who the hell cares about shit like this?

Mr. Rogers promoted the idea of free-loading and expecting success in life for no effort, . .

The person who posted this would have done far better in life following Mr. Rogers' attitudes toward life and people than his own misguided nonsense.

Give us a link that showed Mr. R taught "free-loading" and "no effort."

What stupidity to suggest such a thing.

But you could give us a link. If you can't, the doctrine of affirmative silence condemns your argument as nothing at all.

I am telling you I saw the photographs and the Victrola myself! The original one! It is still in the family! This was years ago when I lived in Fla. John ( Mr. Rogers son ) showed me the photographs and told me the story of his granfather being the R in RCA ( Mr. Rogers Father ) I saw the photographs, the news clippings, everything. His son worked for a bank back then and walked to work. ( by choice ) Salt of the earth people. Fox doesn't know what they are talking about and neither do you! His mother was a brilliant pianist. I don't know how she is or the rest of the family these days but I do know that this story about him is a bunch of nonsense! - Jeri

Then he was either lying or passing on a falsehood he'd been told himself. RCA has always meant Radio Corporation of America. Radio was a new invention then, and the USG, having nationalized the young industry as a resource for World War I, made a deal with General Electric to form a monopoly electronics company. This company was called, from it's beginning in 1919, the Radio Corporation of America; "RCA". It has never stood for anyone named Rogers, or anybody else.

Radio is my life's work. I think I'll take what I already know over an anecdote from some guy you met in Florida. Plus it's entirely documented. I've got an entire library here. Victrolas were a commodity that anyone could buy, and someone's mother being a brilliant pianist is not exactly a logical basis for somebody named Rogers being the R in the Radio Corporation of America.

I'm afraid what you're following is one of those pieces of family folklore that develops and gets garbled over the years. Perhaps the guy was the R in some other company, but it wasn't RCA, because that's never stood for anyone's name.

Actually, GE bought American Marconi Company and when they incorporated they became Radio Corporation of America.

That's what the part in bold means. The Marconi detail was irrelevant; the correction is what the R stands for.

But you know, I didn't spell out what phase the moon was in that way. Maybe you can look that up and let us know.

You want to see a station that dishes nothing but HATE...here ya go and it's not about Mr.Rodgers...
links in article and the hateful video at site

SNIP:
MSNBC on Voting Rights Act: Clarence Thomas is a symbolic Jew inviting a metaphorical Hitler to commit genocide

posted at 6:01 pm on June 27, 2013 by Allahpundit

Via Mediaite. If you believe Eric Holder is the Moses of our time because he’s the “chief lawgiver of the United States,” I guess you’ll believe this. We should be thankful, at least, for the creativity of the metaphor. Most of the nastier left-wing attacks on Thomas rely on lazy smears of him as an “Uncle Tom” or a “house slave.” If you’re going to go that far, you might as well go full Godwin. No sugar-coating.

Semi-related:

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 51% of Likely U.S. Voters consider radical Muslims to be the bigger threat to the United States today. Thirteen percent (13%) view the Tea Party that way, and another 13% consider other political and religious extremists to be the larger danger. Six percent (6%) point to local militia groups. Two percent (2%) see the Occupy Wall Street movement as the bigger terrorist threat. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

However, among those who approve of the president’s job performance, just 29% see radical Muslims as the bigger threat. Twenty-six percent (26%) say it’s the Tea Party that concerns them most. Among those who Strongly Approve of the president, more fear the Tea Party than radical Muslims.

all of it here
MSNBC on Voting Rights Act: Clarence Thomas is a symbolic Jew inviting a metaphorical Hitler to commit genocide « Hot Air

His son and daughter in law are friends of mine. This is really ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous. Mr. Rogers was not an evil man. Mr. Rogers was the son of one of the founders of RCA Victrola. His father was the R in the RCA. When Mr. Rogers father died the entire city came out to line the streets and bid him farewell - he was known as a generous man who paid the way for many waitresses and others in the community to go to college.

He was fabulously wealthy and owned a 200 yr old home in Nantucket. His sons were very humble men, not flashy, neither was Mr. Rogers, he drove a Chevy Cavalier - I saw it. The problem with Fox News is that they feel they are justified in reporting such lies under the guise of entertainment. It is bitterly cruel and my sympathy goes out to his family and his especially his wife who certainly doesn't need to learn of such nonsense. Very trashy. Fox has no class. - Jeri

No no no you don't.

That's all I can think of. Rogers is huge in the market up here, but not the same Rogers at all.

No, and the Canadian Rogers isn't nearly old enough. I think the guy in the anecdote must be the R in some other company and it got conflated with the vicrola in Jeri's memory.

An ironic coincidence that Fred Rogers' show started on CBC, but unrelated to Rogers Canada.

Mr. Rogers promoted the idea of free-loading and expecting success in life for no effort, . .

The person who posted this would have done far better in life following Mr. Rogers' attitudes toward life and people than his own misguided nonsense.

But you could give us a link. If you can't, the doctrine of affirmative silence condemns your argument as nothing at all.

I posted that and firmly stand by it.

When some naive do-gooder, with the best intentions in the world, promotes the idea that one is "SPECIAL", simply because one was born, it leads to the mentality that one just be there, do nothing, earn nothing, expect everything, and wealth and fame will automatically will fall on one's lap.

As one who worked for everything I have, I know that life ain't like that. What Mr. Rogers promoted, i.e. that one is "SPECIAL" with no effort, no ambition, no desire, no results, will only result in success if it's backed up and supported by the biggest failure of mankind, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION.

When one relies on affirmative action, one is a free-loader.

Well, I did read that he was--on the internet.

Man, that busts me up that Mr. Rogers wasn't a sharpshooter in Vietnam. A war hero that did his duty, then turned his attentions to making young kids feel good about themselves.

He was one of my heroes. Man it stings.

I also read on the internet that Captain Kangaroo was pretty much a bad-ass at Iwo Jima with the actor Lee Marvin. Marvin said Captain Kangaroo was a hero too.

Is that more internet B. S.?

If I can't believe the internet, what am I to do? Rely on the Federal Government for my info?

What about Santa Claus? Please don't tell me he is an internet legend too.

Santa Claus actually was a sharpshooter in Vietnam, and several other wars. For him it all started when the Nazis invaded the north of Pole-land.

He's been a CIA agent longer than that. Unlimited chimney access-- what as asset that is.

No no no you don't.

That's all I can think of. Rogers is huge in the market up here, but not the same Rogers at all.

No, and the Canadian Rogers isn't nearly old enough. I think the guy in the anecdote must be the R in some other company and it got conflated with the vicrola in Jeri's memory.

An ironic coincidence that Fred Rogers' show started on CBC, but unrelated to Rogers Canada.

I fell into a Mr. Rogers website the other day via Buzzfeed and man oh man I never knew how much he rocked in advocating for people to be allowed to record television shows.

I posted that and firmly stand by it.

When some naive do-gooder, with the best intentions in the world, promotes the idea that one is "SPECIAL", simply because one was born, it leads to the mentality that one just be there, do nothing, earn nothing, expect everything, and wealth and fame will automatically will fall on one's lap.

As one who worked for everything I have, I know that life ain't like that. What Mr. Rogers promoted, i.e. that one is "SPECIAL" with no effort, no ambition, no desire, no results, will only result in success if it's backed up and supported by the biggest failure of mankind, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION.

When one relies on affirmative action, one is a free-loader.

When one stands on lack of knowledge like you, he falls for a smear job, like on Mr. Rogers. He would support much of what you support, but he would say, "Why did you not bother to research the lies about me, so you could get to the truth? And try to be kind on the way."

Notice a theme?

Liberal "Intellectuals" can't tell the difference between Fox News and Fox & Friends

....and they think Tina Fey on SNL was really Sarah Palin

... uh, aren't you behind on your homework already? :link:

It's harder to tell what's funnier: that Fox & Friends did that in the first place, or that the Liberal "Intellectuals" still think F&F is a news show

Really. Uh, can you point me to the post where anybody said that?

Thanks in advance.

Strawman strike two.

Forum List

Back