The Evidence is In!

Results are doing the talking.

Those results are not a lie.

What specifically should Obama have done that he didn't?

Am I glad you asked!

It's called Reaganomics...here, from Ferrara's book:

1. Cuts in tax rates to restore incentives for growth, first a reduction in the top rate from 70% to 50%, followed by a 25% across-the-board cut in rates for everyone. The 1986 tax reform, finally, left just two rates, 28% and 15%.

That's hilarious. The tax rates are already far lower than that.

Next?

Why does the Right keep repeating the lie that Obama didn't focus enough on the economy?

Should we have said that Obama didn't focus at all on the economy?

So now that Obama is done - and he is, you fully know; do you still get a check from the DNC to post your idiocy here?

I think they might as well lay you off and focus on the 2014 midterms.

Do you need it repeated?

Obama has signed over a trillion and half of stimulus. 3/4's of which was tax cuts.

NOW -

what should he have done that he didn't do, in regards to 'focusing'?

Be specific, or be silent.

Why does the Right keep repeating the lie that Obama didn't focus enough on the economy?

Results are doing the talking.

Those results are not a lie.

Increase domestic oil production for one. He is just POd he got burnt on sucking up to BP. After all it was his boys that hand walked it through the court, and we find out Rahm had is apt. paid for by BP.

Not allowing his boys to kill shell in Alaska after they invested billions.

This is just the tip of destroyed confidence.

Obamacare, What A CLUSTER F. Do you understand the impact on Contractors of 5 or more employees? I dont build many houses anymore, So I have had to go back to contracting. 5 or more gets you treated the same as 50 or more. Do you think I am going to hire? Or hire anyone with a family? No, Why should I increase my exposure?

He need to make the EPA back off. Cant pass it in the chambers, do it by executive order. Right?

Do you need it repeated?

Obama has signed over a trillion and half of stimulus.

Proof that Keynesian multipliers don't exist. These did little to help our economy.

3/4's of which was tax cuts.

Net loss carry forwards for General Electric, AIG, Goldman Sachs and other well connected looters are not the kind of "tax cuts" that help an economy. Obama raided the cookie jar and shared with his buddies.

NOW -

what should he have done that he didn't do, in regards to 'focusing'?

An immediate reduction in job killing regulation. Severing all federal entanglement with well connected corporations (fascism) and dissolving the federal reserve.

Why do you ask?

Am I glad you asked!

It's called Reaganomics...here, from Ferrara's book:

1. Cuts in tax rates to restore incentives for growth, first a reduction in the top rate from 70% to 50%, followed by a 25% across-the-board cut in rates for everyone. The 1986 tax reform, finally, left just two rates, 28% and 15%.

That's hilarious. The tax rates are already far lower than that.

Next?

The tax rates are lower than 28% and 15%?
Please explain further.

Last edited:
Reagan was in office at the tail end of the recession which started when Carter was in office, inflation was high during Carter. I was paying 11% fed tax rate when Reagan raised it to 15%.
Reagan also had the end of a recssion which started before he hit the office. Reagan also raised the debt limit and increased th deficit because of his massive mlitary build up.
He closed military bases in the USA while enhancing overseas bases.
Reagan cut and ran from Lebanon and was a coward to actually back up his tough talk with a war with the USSR afer the invasion of the Baltic nations when they claimed their independance from the Soviet bloc.
Reagan was a union man and was backed by the unions.
The main thing I remember that was a positive for the nation was his ability to orate the nation out of our slump from Nam and the failed US Embassy hostages in Iran.
I was in the military(1985) in D.C. when Reagan let the Beach Boys play at the park on the 4th of July,because he had trashed their music and culture. He did try his best to destroy Cheech and Chong, while his wife told us that is any of her kids were doing drugs she would kick them out.
After reagan left office he had to pay 2million for all the freebies he and his wife received illegally while in office. And his fav pshycic was sued for fraud.

Reagan was in office at the tail end of the recession which started when Carter was in office, inflation was high during Carter. I was paying 11% fed tax rate when Reagan raised it to 15%.

When Reagan was President, the 11% bracket was AGI from $3400-$5500 in 1983-1984.
AGI from $3540-$5720 in 1985

AGI from $3670-$5940 in 1986

AGI from $0-$3000 in 1987

In 1988, the bottom rate was 15% for AGI $0-$29750

You made less than $3000 in 1987?

On this board we regularly and continuously argue about Ronald Reagan, and the efficacy of conservative versus liberal economomic policy...but, thank to Barack Obama, the evidence is in, and it is definitive.

Nobody dices and slices better than George Will...and this is a must-read:

1. "The debt-ceiling impasse has, as things generally do, ended, and a post-mortem validates conservatives’ portrayal of Barack Obama and their dismay about the dangers and incompetence of liberalism’s legacy, the regulatory state.

2. For weeks, you could not fling a brick in Washington without hitting someone with a debt-reduction plan — unless you hit Obama, whose plan, which he intimated was terrifically brave, was never put on paper.

3. By affirming liberalism’s lodestar — the principle that government’s grasp on national resources must constantly increase — Obama made himself a spectator in a Washington more conservative than it was during the Reagan presidency.

4. Obama annoyed liberals. They indict him for apostasy from their one-word catechism, “More!” ...said that failure to raise the ceiling would mean apocalypse...

5. Panic-mongers warned, “Raise the ceiling lest the stock market experience a TARP convulsion.” Yes, the market declined almost 778 points when the House rejected the Troubled Assets Relief Program. But who remembered that after TARP was quickly enacted, in the next five months the market lost an additional 3,800 points?

6. ...the Tea Party has demonstrated that the limits are elastic under the pressure of disciplined and durable passion. As Tom Brokaw said in Washington on “Meet the Press” last Sunday, the debt-ceiling drama ended as it did because the Tea Party got angry, got organized and got here.

7. Obama’s presidency may last 17 or 65 more months, but it has been irreversibly neutered by two historic blunders made at its outset. It defined itself by health-care reform most Americans did not desire, rather than by economic recovery. And it allowed, even encouraged, self-indulgent liberal majorities in Congress to create a stimulus that confirmed conservatism’s portrayal of liberalism as an undisciplined agglomeration of parochial appetites. This sterile stimulus discredited stimulus as a policy.

8. Obama’s 2012 problem is that he dare not run as a liberal but cannot run from his liberalism."The debt deal and Obama’s 2012 problem - The Washington Post

Honestly, I believe the majority of this post only makes sense to conservative idealogues.

It's pretty much nonsense to anyone else. It's like when Theologians discuss scripture. They're just so familiar with their own little language that the points of reference and idioms are lost on outsiders.

I'll address what points I do actually see anything that resembles non-right-wing-speak, points 5 and 7.

Point 5. TARP was enacted under George W Bush. Not Obama.

The market declined 7,500 points from it's high point in late 2007, to it's low point in early March of 2009, (one mere month after Obama took office) at which point it went on a continuous rise of about 6,000 points.

http://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=INDEXDJX:DJI

and

Point 7. At this point in 1983, Reagan had the exact same job approval rating that Obama has now.

Presidential Approval Ratings History - Interactive Comparison Graph - WSJ.com

Last edited:
did you guys watch Morning Joe today? the liberals were all in tears cause "civillity" is gone in America. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes I did. Scarborough said anyone who blames Obamacare for the current problems in the economy is nuts.

btw, any of my liberal friends also notice how often the 'nuts around here are referencing MSNBC,

the channel no one watches?

lol

they sure did a lot of whining. typical librturds

Honestly, I believe the majority of this post only makes sense to conservative idealogues.

It's pretty much nonsense to anyone else. It's like when Theologians discuss scripture. They're just so familiar with their own little language that the points of reference and idioms are lost on outsiders.

I'll address what points I do actually see anything that resembles non-right-wing-speak, points 5 and 7.

The market declined 7,500 points from it's high point in late 2007, to it's low point in early March of 2009, (one mere month after Obama took office) at which point it went on a continuous rise of about 6,000 points.

Dow Jones Industrial Average: INDEXDJX:.DJI quotes & news - Google Finance

and

Point 7. At this point in 1983, Reagan had the exact same job approval rating that Obama has now.

There are some important differences between Obama and Reagan 2.5 years into their term. In 1983, unemployment had been trending down and would be about 7.2% before the 1984 election.
Reagan also had GDP growth of 4.5% in 1983 and 7.2% in 1984. So far Obama has less than 0.9% GDP growth this year with unemployment trending up.

BEA National Economic Accounts

Hey PC, Paul Ryan has an excellent column in today's WSJ op-ed pages, entitled "Where's Your Budget, Mr President?". The hard truth is that Obama and the dems are and always will be tax and spend big gov't liberals. But they lack the courage to come out and say so, virtually nothing that can be scored by the CBO that this is where we stand and this is what we want to do. Just bunch of pretty speeches demagoguing the repubs.

Paul Ryan: Where's Your Budget, Mr. President? - WSJ.com

Where's the House's budget? Passing some DOA nonsense authored by a clueless radical like Paul Ryan is not a budget.

I am sure glad you mentioned clueless.

The Obama administration proposed his 2012 budget on February 14, 2011.

A competing plan, called The Path to Prosperity, was announced by House Republicans, led by Representative Paul Ryan, on April 5, 2011.

The House Republican plan was defeated in the Senate by a margin of 40-57 votes on May 25, 2011, the same day that the Obama plan was defeated 0-97.

The bill you called clueless got 40 more votes than the real clueless bill that got 0 votes.

On this board we regularly and continuously argue about Ronald Reagan, and the efficacy of conservative versus liberal economomic policy...but, thank to Barack Obama, the evidence is in, and it is definitive.

Nobody dices and slices better than George Will...and this is a must-read:

1. "The debt-ceiling impasse has, as things generally do, ended, and a post-mortem validates conservatives’ portrayal of Barack Obama and their dismay about the dangers and incompetence of liberalism’s legacy, the regulatory state.

2. For weeks, you could not fling a brick in Washington without hitting someone with a debt-reduction plan — unless you hit Obama, whose plan, which he intimated was terrifically brave, was never put on paper.

3. By affirming liberalism’s lodestar — the principle that government’s grasp on national resources must constantly increase — Obama made himself a spectator in a Washington more conservative than it was during the Reagan presidency.

4. Obama annoyed liberals. They indict him for apostasy from their one-word catechism, “More!” ...said that failure to raise the ceiling would mean apocalypse...

5. Panic-mongers warned, “Raise the ceiling lest the stock market experience a TARP convulsion.” Yes, the market declined almost 778 points when the House rejected the Troubled Assets Relief Program. But who remembered that after TARP was quickly enacted, in the next five months the market lost an additional 3,800 points?

6. ...the Tea Party has demonstrated that the limits are elastic under the pressure of disciplined and durable passion. As Tom Brokaw said in Washington on “Meet the Press” last Sunday, the debt-ceiling drama ended as it did because the Tea Party got angry, got organized and got here.

7. Obama’s presidency may last 17 or 65 more months, but it has been irreversibly neutered by two historic blunders made at its outset. It defined itself by health-care reform most Americans did not desire, rather than by economic recovery. And it allowed, even encouraged, self-indulgent liberal majorities in Congress to create a stimulus that confirmed conservatism’s portrayal of liberalism as an undisciplined agglomeration of parochial appetites. This sterile stimulus discredited stimulus as a policy.

8. Obama’s 2012 problem is that he dare not run as a liberal but cannot run from his liberalism."The debt deal and Obama’s 2012 problem - The Washington Post

Dow Jones Industrial Average: INDEXDJX:.DJI quotes & news - Google Finance

and

1. "It's pretty much nonsense to anyone else."
The OpEd is an understanding based on the terrible situation we find ourselves in economically.
Would you argue the opposite is true?
No...then it's pretty much not nonsense.

2. You might re-read the thread...and you will note that most folks, on both sides, have no trouble dealing with the import....and are hardly "conservative idealogues (sic)."
Perhaps Shakespeare can explain the problem: "The fault, dear Brutus, lies not in our stars, but in ourselves (yoursefl)..."

3. "TARP was enacted under George W Bush. Not Obama."
Clearly this note was over your head....let me help. Mr. Will did not say
that TARP was enacted by Obama...
...read again, and you will note same.
He is pointing out that warnings of impending disaster, i.e., if the Debt Ceiling were not raised, is as much a fraud.
Got it? Those who cried disaster in either case are prevaricators.
Was that too nuanced?

4. "At this point in 1983, Reagan ...blah, blah, blah...."
Did you find a reference to Presidnet Reagan? Well, re-read. Still no?
To poll numbers? No?
Do you realize that when one looks up "incoherent" in the dictionary, one finds your
picture.

5. So, re-read item #7, and you will find it deals with the said "blunders," healthcare, a fabricated crisis, and the 'stimulus,' which failed miserably.
Would you claim that Obamacare is a popular legislation?
No?
Would you claim that the 'stimulus' proved successful?
No?

Well, then, what have we learned?
a) You have misjudged the OP.
b) Your attentiveness and/or reading skills could use a bit of brushing up.

Forum List

Back