The European Parliament has passed a resolution

xomputer

Rookie
Dec 9, 2008
The European Parliament has passed a resolution which calls on the EU to support the establishment of a UN Commission of Inquiry into human rights violations in North Korea.
On June 17th, The European Parliament has also adopted a resolution condemning North Korea for the torpedo attack on the South Korean Nave corvette Cheonan. This was three weeks ago.

The resolution condemns North Korea for their public executions, kidnapping of foreigners and in particular the use of torture and labour camps against political prisoners and repatriated citizens.

The global society will continue to support human rights actions in the future.

Let us hope that North Korea reflects on this matter and bring and end to the suffering of North Korean citizens.

...to support the establishment of a UN Commission of Inquiry into human rights violations in North Korea.

How bold of them.

People are starving to death because an authoritarian nightmare government has people trapped in some kind of Orwellian nightmare.

Let's do a study of it!

That'll help!

It's feel good legislation for rich Westerners. It assuages their guilty consciences for their own self-indulgent lifestyles.

I have no sense of guilt about this.

I doubt that the players in the UN do, either.

I think this is little more than geo-political grandstanding.

the Europeans seem to be good at talking and not much else. They wanted to talk about Yugoslavia as the Serbs slaughtered the Bosnians and Croats. They wanted to talk about Iraq, while Saddam was violating sanctions. They want to talk about Iran, while it builds a nuclear bomb.
One wonders at what point they will get sick of talking and actually take some action. I am not optimistic on that count.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b49Iwfp8U-U[/ame]

H.B.: Let me inspect, or else!
L.K.: Or else what?
H.B.: We will be angry and write you a letter letting you know how angry we are!

OOOHH another resolution.

The world is getting more terrifying by the second.

The North Koreans seem pretty happy & content with their Communist Dictator loon. Let the people of North Korea decide their own futures. Maybe the EU should just mind its own business for once. I would suggest the same for my U.S. Government as well. Why are they our enemies anyway? We seem to get along just fine with Communist China no? Leave those people alone and let them decide their own fate. Aggressive Foreign Interventionism is so tiresome. Time to end that failed foreign policy.

Ask Bill Clinton.

Bill Clinton didnt make the statement, you did. So I am asking you.
If you think the statement was stupid and now regret it and see it was pointless, just say so. I'd respect you more for that than playing games like this.

Forum List

Back