THE 'EQUALITY' RACKET...by Thomas Sowell

It is neither logical nor accurate to describe Conservatives as inherently selfish and stupid. The very things that you accuse Conservatives of, i.e. needing a simplistic model of the world is EXACTLY what you do when you describe Conservatives. Read your own writing and then ponder this "There are Conservatives at least as smart as you who just happen to believe in the strength and will of the individual to achieve anything if the government would just get out of the way."

It is neither logical nor accurate to describe Conservatives as inherently selfish and stupid. The very things that you accuse Conservatives of, i.e. needing a simplistic model of the world is EXACTLY what you do when you describe Conservatives. Read your own writing and then ponder this "There are Conservatives at least as smart as you who just happen to believe in the strength and will of the individual to achieve anything if the government would just get out of the way."

conservative
adj
1. favouring the preservation of established customs, values, etc, and opposing innovation
of, characteristic of, or relating to conservatism
3. tending to be moderate or cautious: a conservative estimate.
4. conventional in style or type: a conservative suit.
5. (Medicine) med (of treatment) designed to alleviate symptoms. Compare radical4
6. (General Physics) physics a field of force, system, etc, in which the work done moving a body from one point to another is independent of the path taken between them: electrostatic fields of force are conservative.

n
7. a person who is reluctant to change or consider new ideas; conformist
conservative - definition of conservative by The Free Dictionary

Conservatism, A Radical generally meant a man who thought he could somehow pull up the root without affecting the flower. A Conservative generally meant a man who wanted to conserve everything except his own reason for conserving anything.

G.K. Chesterton, in "The Evolution of Words and Meanings" in The Illustrated London News (3 July 1920).

I never meant to say that the conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it.

John Stuart Mill, in a letter to the Conservative MP, John Pakington 1866

"Today's so-called 'conservatives' don't even know what the word means. They think I've turned liberal because I believe a woman has a right to an abortion. That's a decision that's up to the pregnant woman, not up to the pope or some do-gooders or the Religious Right. It's not a conservative issue at all." -- Barry Goldwater

ONE POLICY CONSERVATIVES HAVE EVER BEEN ON THE CORRECT SIDE OF HISTORY ON IN THE US? EVER??? PLEASE?

you-didnt-build-that-84452869145.jpeg

I think that there are plenty of smart and stupid Liberals just as there are plenty of smart and stupid Conservatives. You're "model" of a Conservative is apparently a dumb Fundamentalist Christian. There certainly are Conservatives that fit that description but there are far more that do not.

I think that there are plenty of smart and stupid Liberals just as there are plenty of smart and stupid Conservatives. You're "model" of a Conservative is apparently a dumb Fundamentalist Christian. There certainly are Conservatives that fit that description but there are far more that do not.

PLENTY of smart conservatives who sucker red staters into voting against their own best interest but again:

"ONE POLICY CONSERVATIVES HAVE EVER BEEN ON THE CORRECT SIDE OF HISTORY ON IN THE US? EVER??? PLEASE?"

Studies show that children whose parents have professional careers speak nearly twice as many words per hour to them as children with working class parents -- and several times as many words per hour as children in families on welfare. There is no way that children from these different backgrounds are going to have equal chances of economic or other success in adulthood.

So, by Sowell's judgement, we should just let poor kids remain poor and breed further poor kids, because there is no way that they might have an equal chance at economic success. Never mind the successful programs out there that address literacy gaps with kids and promote educational success. By Sowell's reasoning, we should just give up because "there is no way that children from these different backgrounds are going to have equal chances of economic or other success."

Bear in mind that his comments apply equally to non-professional whites and blacks.

In fact, we can change these educational and economic deficits and create a more just society where equality is attainable for all.

Arthur J. Rolnick of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis writes that, "Careful academic research demonstrates that tax dollars spent on early childhood development provide extraordinary returns compared with investments in the public, and even private, sector. The potential return from a focused, high-quality early childhood development program is as high as 16 percent per year. Some of these benefits are private gains for the children involved in the form of higher wages later in life. But the broader economy also benefits because individuals who participate in high-quality early childhood development programs have greater skills than they otherwise would, and they're able to contribute productively to their local economies."

Read more about Rolnick's study.

Last edited:
So, by Sowell's judgement, we should just let poor kids remain poor and breed further poor kids, because there is no way that they might have an equal chance at economic success.

Is that what Sowell said? Is your cut & paste from the hate site addressing the the content of what was posted, of merely building a straw man?

Try something here, first off - try to hatch a thought. You do this not by logging on to a hate site and posting a meme, but by reading what Dr. Sowell wrote and thinking about it.

Then see if YOU can formulate an objection to what Sowell wrote - again this does not involve you logging on to KOS or the other hate sites and cutting a meme to paste, but actually employing logic against the presented argument.

Do this, have an actual thought, and you will no longer be a democrat - but oh how liberating it will be to actually think.

So, by Sowell's judgement, we should just let poor kids remain poor and breed further poor kids, because there is no way that they might have an equal chance at economic success.

Is that what Sowell said? Is your cut & paste from the hate site addressing the the content of what was posted, of merely building a straw man?

Try something here, first off - try to hatch a thought. You do this not by logging on to a hate site and posting a meme, but by reading what Dr. Sowell wrote and thinking about it.

Then see if YOU can formulate an objection to what Sowell wrote - again this does not involve you logging on to KOS or the other hate sites and cutting a meme to paste, but actually employing logic against the presented argument.

Do this, have an actual thought, and you will no longer be a democrat - but oh how liberating it will be to actually think.

What sowell actually said:

there is no way that children from these different backgrounds are going to have equal chances of economic or other success

That's a direct quote.

As stated in my post, indeed there are many ways where children from different backgrounds can be provided with equal chances of economic success. Sowell is simply wrong.

What sowell actually said:

there is no way that children from these different backgrounds are going to have equal chances of economic or other success

That's a direct quote.

Especially when the parents are missing from the get go.

Especially when the parents are missing from the get go.

1. Kids can't help the family they're born into.
2. Early childhood learning programs and other types of support programs can help to narrow the success gap.
3. We can't afford to become a society where the gap between wealth and poverty is fixed and inescapable. That way lies madness.
4. We need as many kids as possible to do well in school, graduate, and become gainfully employed. Writing them off isn't going to lead anywhere productive for us as a society.

[QUOTE

Another internet tough guy. :lame2:

Yeah, guys like you and ME are a dime a dozen...but the ones from Texas always smell like steer shit.

I smell bacon.
Take a bath and you wont smell like that.

I don't take baths like you women do. I take showers.
You evidently dont take showers either. You dont smell bacon if you clean yourself.

[QUOTE

Another internet tough guy. :lame2:

Yeah, guys like you and ME are a dime a dozen...but the ones from Texas always smell like steer shit.

I smell bacon.

You evidently dont take showers either. You dont smell bacon if you clean yourself.

Stay on topic dumbass.

I smell bacon.

Stay on topic dumbass.
Then you get your ass on topic and dont tell everyone what you smell like again.

It is Liberal policies like LBJ's the "Great Society" that keeps poor kids poor. Look at the track record, it speaks for itself. All the Great society did was create an underclass and then hooked them on government assistance. As for an example of a successful Conservative US policy, study how Reagan's economic policies turned around Carter's train wreck of an economy in the early 80s

If Dr. Sowell ran for President I'd vote for him in a heartbeat. He's genuine, intelligent and straight up with his thoughts. I like that. he's nothing like that fraud that Obama is

If Dr. Sowell ran for President I'd vote for him in a heartbeat. He's genuine, intelligent and straight up with his thoughts. I like that. he's nothing like that fraud that Obama is
If you support him then that pretty much clenches it. I pretty much thought he attracted idiots. Now I am convinced.

I smell bacon.

Stay on topic dumbass.
Then you get your ass on topic and dont tell everyone what you smell like again.

Does that internet tough guy act ever get old?

You would piss all over yourself in fear if you ever faced me in person. You best just stick to the internet tough guy act, since it's the only act you have boy.

Stay on topic dumbass.

You would piss all over yourself in fear if you ever faced me in person. You best just stick to the internet tough guy act, since it's the only act you have boy.
I would laugh at you as you turned red and then pink with fear if you ever met me in person. Thats why you would only talk on the internet. You know good and well you would get your ass beat. Come on white boy. Everybody knows that. :laugh:

Stay on topic dumbass.

I would laugh at you as you turned red and then pink with fear if you ever met me in person. Thats why you would only talk on the internet. You know good and well you would get your ass beat. Come on white boy. Everybody knows that. :laugh:

Keep dreaming tough guy.

Forum List

Back