The entire state of Florida was just evacuated for a cat-2 hurricane

Like I said, a glorified thunderstorm. Who evacuates the seagulls, and if no one how do they survive? If I was there I would be boogie boarding................................

In some dumbasses living room

FIVE DEAD, 350 rescued from floods not more than 35 miles from where I live, some evacuated 10 miles away. Not a THINDERSTORM kid.
So the 350 people were not expecting floods? Again anyone living on the Keys is stupid or can afford to build a new home every 10 years.

You do know that the storm surge NEVER HAPPENED RIGHT?

We had a 40 feet of water in NJ with Sandy and that wasn't even a hurricane. If the Keys got that there would not be one structure remaining on them, concrete or not. Thus you had a thunderstorm

Like I said, a glorified thunderstorm. Who evacuates the seagulls, and if no one how do they survive? If I was there I would be boogie boarding................................

FIVE DEAD, 350 rescued from floods not more than 35 miles from where I live, some evacuated 10 miles away. Not a THINDERSTORM kid.
So the 350 people were not expecting floods? Again anyone living on the Keys is stupid or can afford to build a new home every 10 years.

We had a 40 feet of water in NJ with Sandy and that wasn't even a hurricane. If the Keys got that there would not be one structure remaining on them, concrete or not. Thus you had a thunderstorm

The 350 people live in Jacksonville.

Doesn't matter, the places that get flooded never change, and should not be inhabited in the first place. Tell me are they going to spend all their money fixing the damage so they can enjoy the next storm?

Here in Orlando, things were rather mild actually. Yes, some oak trees fell, yes, many are without power but here in Orlando where most of us have Duke Energy, if a squirrel farts while standing on a power line, people lose power.

It was more than a glorified storm, but it did not live up to the hype.

Personally, I had no damage and never lost power. I just have a yard to rake.

We don't wanna hear about your raking. We wanna hear about how you shot Irma down, you he-man.
Where'd you hit her? In the eye, like Bin Laden?
Pogo please take your pills

Doesn't matter, the places that get flooded never change, and should not be inhabited in the first place. Tell me are they going to spend all their money fixing the damage so they can enjoy the next storm?

Watch the outcry when regulations are enacted making building by the oceans, rivers, and lakes.

This is like saying that no one should live in south Alaska, California, Japan, etc. because of "earthquake hazards"

Jacksonville isn't in the Keys, it is in Northeast Florida. I know Sandy was a monster also. 25% of homes in the Keys are destroyed, 65% damaged.

Jacksonville isn't in the Keys, it is in Northeast Florida. I know Sandy was a monster also. 25% of homes in the Keys are destroyed, 65% damaged.
I know where Jacksonville is, if it is flooded then it is low lying, or the water would drain. Common sense, what I can't figure out is why old people want to move to Florida and end their lives this way

This is like saying that no one should live in south Alaska, California, Japan, etc. because of "earthquake hazards"

It's like saying "never go outside because you could get hit by a meteorite". Easy to do for wankers with no life with a desperate need for attention stirring up shit on a message board.

Florida must be in some REALLY bad shape. On my drive home on I-75 south I passed over 20 Electric bucket trucks.

When I evacuated to Mississippi (inland) to wait out Katrina, that area lost its power, and when trucks eventually arrived to put Humpty Dumpty back together again they came from Arkansas.

You are a moron, there really is just no other answer. Not even a troll is as stupid as you.
I am old enough to remember hurricane Andrew that wiped out a large part of the state. Who allowed that to be rebuilt, just so it can be wiped out again. Seems pretty fucking dumb to be.

Florida should be a National Park, at least the bottom half and the keys.....................

So I guess Houston should be left as a park also?

BTW, you can drown in a Cat 2 hurricane just the same as you can in a Cat 5 or a tropical storm for that matter.

I live in KY, which for those geographically challenged among us, is about 500 miles to either the Atlantic or Gulf. A few years back, the entire area was hit by 70 mph winds from the remains of a hurricane and closed schools for about a week because no one had power and a small part of my roofing blew off. I moved here from FL where I rode out two hurricanes and sustained nothing more than broken tree limbs.

Hurricanes due as they please and are very unpredictable..................So it's better to haul ass than to be wrong. Unless you think this is a game.

Well over a thousand people died in Katrina from the Op's blindness to possible consequences.

goklany_hurrfatal2.png

Exactly...thank you for stating the obvious...it's a pity you had to.

There were a lot of lessons learned from Katrina and as a result there has been surprising little loss of life from Harvey, and it remains to be seen from Irma.

Interestingly, and fortunately one of the lessons they learned was people wouldn't leave in Katrina because they did not want to leave their pets behind. Shelters did not allow pets. That has changed now - they evacuate pets with the people and certain shelters are designated for people with pets.

There were no lessons learned from Katrina, they just rebuilt in areas that are below sea level again. The ocean will just go around the levy built and come in from the back, the damage is done in ten seconds before any pump can work. That said the pumps are meaningless because you can't pump back into an ocean that is above the fucking pump. Major government fuckup.....................

Are you serious?

You don't know how pumps work?

Do a Google search and find out why you are such an idiot!

Hurricanes due as they please and are very unpredictable..................So it's better to haul ass than to be wrong. Unless you think this is a game.

Well over a thousand people died in Katrina from the Op's blindness to possible consequences.

goklany_hurrfatal2.png

Exactly...thank you for stating the obvious...it's a pity you had to.

There were a lot of lessons learned from Katrina and as a result there has been surprising little loss of life from Harvey, and it remains to be seen from Irma.

Interestingly, and fortunately one of the lessons they learned was people wouldn't leave in Katrina because they did not want to leave their pets behind. Shelters did not allow pets. That has changed now - they evacuate pets with the people and certain shelters are designated for people with pets.

There were no lessons learned from Katrina, they just rebuilt in areas that are below sea level again. The ocean will just go around the levy built and come in from the back, the damage is done in ten seconds before any pump can work. That said the pumps are meaningless because you can't pump back into an ocean that is above the fucking pump. Major government fuckup.....................

Actually - the whole rebuilding issue - I agree with you on.

One of the reason's I'm so pissed when Trump cancelled one of the Obama era regulations that basically said IF they were going to rebuild - it was going to have to meet stronger standards in order to hold up in hurricanes. A lot of flood prone areas simply should not be rebuilt in.

So Houston, which has never flooded like this before, should be abandoned?

You really have not thought about this, have you?

Obviously you enjoy being a total fucking idiot Rustic. Next time we have a Cat 4 or higher storm coming ashore, I really believe that you should stand on the beach where the eye is going to pass through, and show us all what fools the media and government are. Yessiree Bob, that'll show 'em.
Except for Miami never did see the category 4 hurricane... they essentially had tropical storm conditions… That most anybody could ride out.

Yes, because the storm went up the west coast of the state. Why do you people just continually lie and lie? Rush Limpballs said it was a climate change hoax, but the fat ass got in his plane and left the area. So the little girl ran from a "hoax?"

Now you have started lying. Is this thread simply a competition to see who can post the biggest whopper?

Evacuation should be a personal choice... i'd be fucking pissed if it's not my choice…
It IS a personal choice! The mandatory evacuations are not, actually, mandatory - nobody was dragged from their homes, they were merely warned that there would be no emergency services once winds reached 35-40mph and they'd be riding out whatever happened on their own.

The only people who were made to evacuate by the state were mentally ill homeless people who were sectioned for their own safety because they did not have the capacity to make a rational decision to risk death over an attachment to property and possessions.
That must be the OP's issue....he wants the choice to stay AND have the emergency services come rescue him from his stupid choices.
The Miami area could've been easily ridden out and was, evacuation was unnecessary there.

One slight right hand turn and Miami would have been toast.

Are you that stupid or must you continue posting in this thread to prove it to everyone?

Evacuation should be a personal choice... i'd be fucking pissed if it's not my choice…
It IS a personal choice! The mandatory evacuations are not, actually, mandatory - nobody was dragged from their homes, they were merely warned that there would be no emergency services once winds reached 35-40mph and they'd be riding out whatever happened on their own.

The only people who were made to evacuate by the state were mentally ill homeless people who were sectioned for their own safety because they did not have the capacity to make a rational decision to risk death over an attachment to property and possessions.
That must be the OP's issue....he wants the choice to stay AND have the emergency services come rescue him from his stupid choices.
The Miami area could've been easily ridden out and was, evacuation was unnecessary there.
That was their call, was it not? And they are certainly free to consider people like you who have no clue what an angry ocean can do.....idiots.
There is no reason to evacuate because of a tropical storm, Other than ones choice… LOL

Everyone had a choice, moron!

Really motherfucker?

Check out the videos in this article - from Miami:

Moment Irma's 130mph winds rips roof off Miami home | Daily Mail Online
Miami did not have 130 mph winds. Jack weed
Maybe 100… LOL

I'll rely on the National Weather Service when they release the numbers, but she was Category 4 when she hit and even if winds were not sustained at 130mph in Miami, there were sporadic wind gusts and there were also tornado warnings - I've been in touch with my uncle who is in Ft. Lauderdale and he's been under tornado warning more than once since the storm hit.

Construction cranes are built, by law, to withstand 145mph hurricane winds - they didn't:

Three cranes at South Florida construction sites have snapped in Irma’s howling winds

Any crane not taken down prior to this deserves to fall

Another moronic statement! It takes about 2 weeks to dismantle one of those cranes. Can we borrow your crystal ball to determine when they need to be removed?

You are a moron and an ass!

Forum List

Back