The enemies of America want the United States to fail.

This is true. I've never heard an opposition party openly hoping a President to fail or the leaders of that party setting the agenda that the President will be a one term President.

Are you ever going to start paying attention?

Flashback: Carville Wanted Bush To Fail | Fox News

Wow! I didn't know Carville was an elected official!

Okay, okay, I said the same thing as you and he called me on it. He's talking about Boehner, Grahamm etc... stating their #1 goal and priority is to make Obama a 1 termer.
Of COURSE the pundits and talking head and protesters and Internet People said it but you got any Pol's??? I drew a blank when it came to politicians.

This is true. I've never heard an opposition party openly hoping a President to fail or the leaders of that party setting the agenda that the President will be a one term President.

Sallow each Party always want the other parties President to be one term so they can try and get their guy in....and if you dont believe that then you are becoming more like Dean every week....i hope the guy is one term.....because he is as shitty of a leader as Bush was......and right now this Country needs a LEADER.....

Okay, okay, I said the same thing as you and he called me on it. He's talking about Boehner, Grahamm etc... stating their #1 goal and priority is to make Obama a 1 termer.
Of COURSE the pundits and talking head and protesters and Internet People said it but you got any Pol's??? I drew a blank when it came to politicians.

There was someone in the House, I think it may have been Dick Gephardt, the minority leader, who made statements saying he was happy that the Dow was dropping because every 100 pts or so was another seat for Democrats in the House.

Bush had lied us INTO a WAR!!!@!!!!!!

Americans were dying for his lies.

Killall Burn and Loot were electrocuting soilders in their showers.

Pallets and Plallets of hundered dollare bills by the plane load were disapearing into thin air in Iraq.

All this debt you are so concerned about now was being dumped onto the American people.

PEOPLE were DYING for the BUSH LIES!

holy shit......:lol:

No it doesn't.

Elections are elections. And campaigns for elections are separate (at least they use to be) from setting domestic and foreign policy.

The criteria is simple. Find an elected Democratic Leader advocating for a policy of making the Opposition President a one term president.

Find an elected Democratic Leader advocating for the failure of the Opposition leader's policies.

I can go a bit further. 2 Democratic presidents were impeached..by the Republicans. And 2 Republican Presidents, who lost the popular vote..where put into the office by the Supreme Court.

Republicans are constantly nullifying elections and advocating for making it harder to vote.

False. There is a Constitutional Process to determine who wins the Election, should there be a problem with tabulating the Vote. DNC interfered with that process, by involving the Courts.

Pelosi and Reid both worked to undermine and Demonize Bush, they did not work alone.

Bush still lost the overall popular vote, regardless of Florida.

Bush won the election, Swallow. Get over it.

Last time I looked Rush was not an elected official either.

Not too observant today, are we?
1. He did not state Rush, Glenn etc...
2. He did state elected officials, specifically.
3. Boehner, Grahmm, Bachmann & Cantor are all elected officials who have stated specifically what he referenced.

See, I can admit when I'm wrong or I don't know. You should try it some time! Nah. Nevermind. I remember the other thread. You don't have it in ya.

Anyways, on this one, I'm wrong or at least, I don't know of any elected Dem official who did what I said and couldn't find any on Google, so as far as I know, I'm wrong.

Not too observant today, are we?
1. He did not state Rush, Glenn etc...
2. He did state elected officials, specifically.
3. Boehner, Grahmm, Bachmann & Cantor are all elected officials who have stated specifically what he referenced.

See, I can admit when I'm wrong or I don't know. You should try it some time! Nah. Nevermind. I remember the other thread. You don't have it in ya.

Anyways, on this one, I'm wrong or at least, I don't know of any elected Dem official who did what I said and couldn't find any on Google, so as far as I know, I'm wrong.

They did not say they want Obama to fail, they want his policies to fail. I think that means he actually has to prove they said what he said they said. That makes him wrong, not me.

Bush succeeded in the GOP goal of bankrupting this great nation.

Anyone who defends Obama is defending multi-trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye can see. they are in no place to accuse anyone of "bankrupting this nation."

The man had just lied us into a war for gods sake.

He was lying constantly about nearly everything he said.

Today its YOU people lying about what Obama is doing.

Taxes are the lowest they have been in 50 years and you pretend they have been raised by Obama.

Your team constantly calls him things he is not and votes against laws they have written themselves to try and hurt him.

There is a differance between party members hoping the guy lying people into their graves doesnt suceede and Elected officials voting against what they stood for last week to harm a presidents chances of re election.

1.The post was in response to several of your fellow leftists decrying any who would wish a President to fail.
I showed how prevalent that opinion was on your side of the aisle.

2. I just love, love, love your posts! You make my side of the debate so very easy!!!

a. "The man had just lied us into a war for gods sake.

He was lying constantly about nearly everything he said."

I'll assume you are referring to the yellow cake from Niger...

Let's set the record straight...again:

"Joe Wilson is a liar and not a particularly good one at that. As the report, starting on p. 39 and going through p. 47 very carefully explains, the claims that Wilson during his media blitz and subsequent canonization as a representative of all that is righteous and pure within anti-war circles were every bit as misleading if not factually inaccurate as anything that one may charge that the administration had done. Even more so, I would argue, if only for the fact that he was making claims about a number of issues, for example the forged documents referring to Niger, of which he had no actual knowledge - a very polite way of saying that the man was blowing smoke out his ass.

In conventional anti-war mythology, the name of Wilson's wife was leaked to the press in order to punish him for having "debunked" the administration's claims with respect to Iraq attempting to purchase uranium from Africa. As the report very clearly indicates, this was simply not the case and while it is indeed puzzling why the administration allowed him to go on as long as he did during his 15 minutes of fame without airing some of this information to the public given the considerable damage that he did to the president's reputation during this period.The Senate Intelligence Committee Report - Winds of Change.NET

And...

"When the former ambassador spoke to Committee staff, his description of his findings differed from the DO intelligence report and his account of information provided to him by the CIA differed from the CIA officials’ accounts in some respects…Nigerien officials denied knowledge of any deals to sell uranium to any rogue states, but did not refute the possibility that Iraq had approached Niger to purchase uranium. ....Committee staff asked how the former ambassador could have come to the conclusion that the “dates were wrong and the names were wrong” when he had never seen the CIA reports and had no knowledge of what names and dates were in the reports.The former ambassador said that he may have “misspoken” to the reporter when he said he concluded the documents were “forged.”
He also said he may have become confused about his own recollection…

He said he judged that the most important fact in the report was that the Nigerien officials admitted that the Iraqi delegation had traveled there in 1999, and that the Nigerien Prime Minister believed the Iraqis were interested in purchasing uranium,http://austinbay.net/blog/?p=665

and....

"The U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence reported July 7, 2004 that the CIA had received reports from a foreign government (not named, but probably Britain) that Iraq had actually concluded a deal with Niger to supply 500 tons a year of partially processed uranium ore, or "yellowcake." That is potentially enough to produce 50 nuclear warheads
1. The Senate report said Wilson brought back denials of any Niger-Iraq uranium sale,…
2. But the Intelligence Committee report also reveals that Wilson brought back something else as well -- evidence that Iraq may well have wanted to buy uranium.
3. Based on what Wilson told them, CIA analysts wrote an intelligence report saying former Prime Minister Mayki "interpreted 'expanding commercial relations' to mean that the (Iraqi) delegation wanted to discuss uranium yellowcake sales." In fact, the Intelligence Committee report said that "for most analysts" Wilson's trip to Niger "lent more credibility to the original Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) reports on the uranium deal."
4. [T]he CIA also had received "several intelligence reports" alleging that Iraq wanted to buy uranium from the Democratic Republic of the Congo and from Somalia, as well as from Niger. The Intelligence Committee concluded that "it was reasonable for analysts to assess that Iraq may have been seeking uranium from Africa based on Central Intelligence Agency reporting and other available intelligence."
5. Soon after, on July 6, 2003, former ambassador Wilson went public in a New York Times opinion piece with his rebuttal of Bush's 16 words, saying that if the President was referring to Niger "his conclusion was not borne out by the facts as I understood them," and that "I have little choice but to conclude that some of the intelligence related to Iraq's nuclear weapons program was twisted to exaggerate the Iraqi threat." Wilson has since used much stronger language, calling Bush's 16 words a "lie" in an Internet chat sponsored by the Kerry campaign.

http://www.factcheck.org/bushs_16_words_on_iraq_uranium.html

How about this:

"The famous “16 words” in President Bush’s Jan. 28, 2003 State of the Union address turn out to have a basis in fact after all, according to two recently released investigations in the US and Britain."
•A separate report by the US Senate Intelligence Committee said July 7 that the US also had similar information from “a number of intelligence reports,” a fact that was classified at the time Bush spoke.
•Ironically, former Ambassador Joseph Wilson, who later called Bush’s 16 words a “lie”, supplied information that the Central Intelligence Agency took as confirmation that Iraq may indeed have been seeking uranium from Niger. "

FactCheck.org: Bush's "16 Words" on Iraq & Uranium: He May Have Been Wrong But He Wasn't Lying
FactCheck.org : Search Results
FactCheck.org: Bush's "16 Words" on Iraq & Uranium: He May Have Been Wrong But He Wasn't Lying

Now, I understand how abashed you must feel, having made such ridiculous charges...you should be more carefull, 'else folks may think you to be a dummy.

But...but...that's not on the list of left-wing talking points!

He may have been wrong, but he wasn't lying.

After Bush Sr. drove Saddam out of Kuwait, and after being the former head of the CIA and a military officer during WWII, it's not possible that he told US intel to turn their backs on Saddam. Get it? IT'S NOT POSSIBLE! And to suggest it was is slander.

The US knew everything that was going on in Iraq. You can bet they had permanent satellites parked over Iraq not to mention the sanctions.

You can't turn an obvious lie into the truth. And stop slandering Bush Sr. If Bush Jr. wanted to know what was going on in Iraq, he should have asked his father. But he didn't.

1.The post was in response to several of your fellow leftists decrying any who would wish a President to fail.
I showed how prevalent that opinion was on your side of the aisle.

2. I just love, love, love your posts! You make my side of the debate so very easy!!!

a. "The man had just lied us into a war for gods sake.

He was lying constantly about nearly everything he said."

I'll assume you are referring to the yellow cake from Niger...

Let's set the record straight...again:

"Joe Wilson is a liar and not a particularly good one at that. As the report, starting on p. 39 and going through p. 47 very carefully explains, the claims that Wilson during his media blitz and subsequent canonization as a representative of all that is righteous and pure within anti-war circles were every bit as misleading if not factually inaccurate as anything that one may charge that the administration had done. Even more so, I would argue, if only for the fact that he was making claims about a number of issues, for example the forged documents referring to Niger, of which he had no actual knowledge - a very polite way of saying that the man was blowing smoke out his ass.

In conventional anti-war mythology, the name of Wilson's wife was leaked to the press in order to punish him for having "debunked" the administration's claims with respect to Iraq attempting to purchase uranium from Africa. As the report very clearly indicates, this was simply not the case and while it is indeed puzzling why the administration allowed him to go on as long as he did during his 15 minutes of fame without airing some of this information to the public given the considerable damage that he did to the president's reputation during this period.The Senate Intelligence Committee Report - Winds of Change.NET

And...

"When the former ambassador spoke to Committee staff, his description of his findings differed from the DO intelligence report and his account of information provided to him by the CIA differed from the CIA officials’ accounts in some respects…Nigerien officials denied knowledge of any deals to sell uranium to any rogue states, but did not refute the possibility that Iraq had approached Niger to purchase uranium. ....Committee staff asked how the former ambassador could have come to the conclusion that the “dates were wrong and the names were wrong” when he had never seen the CIA reports and had no knowledge of what names and dates were in the reports.The former ambassador said that he may have “misspoken” to the reporter when he said he concluded the documents were “forged.”
He also said he may have become confused about his own recollection…

He said he judged that the most important fact in the report was that the Nigerien officials admitted that the Iraqi delegation had traveled there in 1999, and that the Nigerien Prime Minister believed the Iraqis were interested in purchasing uranium,http://austinbay.net/blog/?p=665

and....

"The U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence reported July 7, 2004 that the CIA had received reports from a foreign government (not named, but probably Britain) that Iraq had actually concluded a deal with Niger to supply 500 tons a year of partially processed uranium ore, or "yellowcake." That is potentially enough to produce 50 nuclear warheads
1. The Senate report said Wilson brought back denials of any Niger-Iraq uranium sale,…
2. But the Intelligence Committee report also reveals that Wilson brought back something else as well -- evidence that Iraq may well have wanted to buy uranium.
3. Based on what Wilson told them, CIA analysts wrote an intelligence report saying former Prime Minister Mayki "interpreted 'expanding commercial relations' to mean that the (Iraqi) delegation wanted to discuss uranium yellowcake sales." In fact, the Intelligence Committee report said that "for most analysts" Wilson's trip to Niger "lent more credibility to the original Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) reports on the uranium deal."
4. [T]he CIA also had received "several intelligence reports" alleging that Iraq wanted to buy uranium from the Democratic Republic of the Congo and from Somalia, as well as from Niger. The Intelligence Committee concluded that "it was reasonable for analysts to assess that Iraq may have been seeking uranium from Africa based on Central Intelligence Agency reporting and other available intelligence."
5. Soon after, on July 6, 2003, former ambassador Wilson went public in a New York Times opinion piece with his rebuttal of Bush's 16 words, saying that if the President was referring to Niger "his conclusion was not borne out by the facts as I understood them," and that "I have little choice but to conclude that some of the intelligence related to Iraq's nuclear weapons program was twisted to exaggerate the Iraqi threat." Wilson has since used much stronger language, calling Bush's 16 words a "lie" in an Internet chat sponsored by the Kerry campaign.

http://www.factcheck.org/bushs_16_words_on_iraq_uranium.html

How about this:

"The famous “16 words” in President Bush’s Jan. 28, 2003 State of the Union address turn out to have a basis in fact after all, according to two recently released investigations in the US and Britain."
•A separate report by the US Senate Intelligence Committee said July 7 that the US also had similar information from “a number of intelligence reports,” a fact that was classified at the time Bush spoke.
•Ironically, former Ambassador Joseph Wilson, who later called Bush’s 16 words a “lie”, supplied information that the Central Intelligence Agency took as confirmation that Iraq may indeed have been seeking uranium from Niger. "

FactCheck.org : Search Results

Now, I understand how abashed you must feel, having made such ridiculous charges...you should be more carefull, 'else folks may think you to be a dummy.

But...but...that's not on the list of left-wing talking points!

He may have been wrong, but he wasn't lying.

After Bush Sr. drove Saddam out of Kuwait, and after being the former head of the CIA and a military officer during WWII, it's not possible that he told US intel to turn their backs on Saddam. Get it? IT'S NOT POSSIBLE! And to suggest it was is slander.

The US knew everything that was going on in Iraq. You can bet they had permanent satellites parked over Iraq not to mention the sanctions.

You can't turn an obvious lie into the truth. And stop slandering Bush Sr. If Bush Jr. wanted to know what was going on in Iraq, he should have asked his father. But he didn't.

You are painfully stupid.

Last time I looked the Voice of the GOP was an HONORARY GOP Congressman.

Speaking of irrelevant blather, along comes edthesickdick.

Right on schedule.

Last time I looked your head was up your ass.

It still is.

Forum List

Back