The enemies of America want the United States to fail.

R

rdean

If the president fails, the country fails. In my entire life, only the enemies of this country want America to fail.

This is true. I've never heard an opposition party openly hoping a President to fail or the leaders of that party setting the agenda that the President will be a one term President.

If the president fails, the country fails. In my entire life, only the enemies of this country want America to fail.

Ya' ever think the President and the 'enemies' might be one and the same!!??

Lots of circumstancial evidence....
No, the enemies of America are the scum who hope Americans will suffer the loss of their jobs.

November 5, 2008
RUSH: I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.

October 31, 2008
RUSH: Joe the Plumber. Now, Joe the Plumber is an average citizen

Obama is an enemy of America. So wanting him to fail is actually patriotic. Rock n Roll deal with it.

So then, If you are ready to turn yourselves in, I'm for it. The President, The Attorney General? Who should they turn themselves into though? Who should take their confessions? Should C-Span cover the event?

This is true. I've never heard an opposition party openly hoping a President to fail or the leaders of that party setting the agenda that the President will be a one term President.

You must not have watched any TV, listened to a Radio, or read a News Paper for your whole life then, or you may just have selective memory loss. ;)

You're gettin' the spanking you so richy deserve, puppy:

If it's unpatriotic and supposedly treasonous for conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh to want Barack Obama's policies to fail in the middle of a serious recession, is it similarly so for Democrats who wished President Bush wouldn't succeed while the nation was at war?

In August 2006, a Fox News/Opinion Dynamics poll asked the following of 900 registered voters:

Regardless of how you voted in the presidential election, would you say you want President Bush to succeed or not?

Here are the stunning results (h/t Patterico via NB reader Thomas Stewart):

[Democrats: 51% fail]

Yes, that says 51 percent of Democrats and 34 percent of Independents didn't want President Bush to succeed...even though our nation was at war in Iraq and Afghanistan.

When these Democrats say they want Bush to fail, might this mean that they simply reject what they see as his far-right religious and corporate agenda? If so, it’s hard to see why independents—hardly right-wing zealots—hope he succeeds by 63 percent to 34 percent. Sadly, much of the Democratic Party wants to see this president crash and burn. [...]

Read more: Most Democrats Wanted Bush to Fail in 2006 Poll, Will Media Care? | NewsBusters.org

Ya' ever think the President and the 'enemies' might be one and the same!!??

Lots of circumstancial evidence....
No, the enemies of America are the scum who hope Americans will suffer the loss of their jobs.

November 5, 2008
RUSH: I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.

October 31, 2008
RUSH: Joe the Plumber. Now, Joe the Plumber is an average citizen

See post #12....

Still scum?

If it's unpatriotic and supposedly treasonous for conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh to want Barack Obama's policies to fail in the middle of a serious recession, is it similarly so for Democrats who wished President Bush wouldn't succeed while the nation was at war?

In August 2006, a Fox News/Opinion Dynamics poll asked the following of 900 registered voters:

Regardless of how you voted in the presidential election, would you say you want President Bush to succeed or not?

Yes, that says 51 percent of Democrats and 34 percent of Independents didn't want President Bush to succeed...even though our nation was at war in Iraq and Afghanistan.

When these Democrats say they want Bush to fail, might this mean that they simply reject what they see as his far-right religious and corporate agenda? If so, it’s hard to see why independents—hardly right-wing zealots—hope he succeeds by 63 percent to 34 percent. Sadly, much of the Democratic Party wants to see this president crash and burn. [...]

Read more: Most Democrats Wanted Bush to Fail in 2006 Poll, Will Media Care? | NewsBusters.org

I say Heads, a trip to the Vet.
Tails, a trip to the Pound.
Call it in the air.

/thread

yes the democrats wanted Bush to fail. i hate it when people have these type of anti progress ideas. We should not want our presidents to fail. When we want our president to fail we are undermining the cause of the US of A

I want America to succeed. Problem is we have a President that doesn't want that.

By the way the President isn't the country, he's merely the elected representative. And right now he's sorta' like that shirt you buy while on vacation when you're happy everything looks good but you get it back home and you realize you've made a mistake so you never wear it, but you're stuck with it.

Then in later years you'll look back and make fun of it: "You guys remember that stupid shirt I bought when I was in Bali? Seemed like a cool shirt at the time but it fit poorly and was uncomfortable and didn't go with anything else I had. I never wore it again and it still hangs in my closet. I should probably give it to Good Will or something".

Barack Obama is that shirt. You can shange your pants, get a new pair of shoes, new haircut. But the shirt still sucks. Nothing will ever go with it and you will never get over you embarrassment for having bought it.

You just have to admit it and move on.

You must have an extremely short memory.

The Democrats said the exact same things about President Bush

The thing about making these sorts of statements...is you are going to be called on them.

Print some links..or anything where a Democratic Leader openly hoped for the failure of President Bush or that their agenda moving forward was that he be a one term President.

I'll help out here..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHV4nDS501Y]Sen. Jim DeMint calls defeating Obama like Waterloo - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gM-1HbK4qU]Mitch McConnell Reaffirms His Top Priority To Limit Barack Obama To One Term - YouTube[/ame]

Find something like those statements. And I am talking about direct sources..on record. Not "unamed sources say..".

yes the democrats wanted Bush to fail. i hate it when people have these type of anti progress ideas. We should not want our presidents to fail. When we want our president to fail we are undermining the cause of the US of A

I must admit that I have difficulty reading your posts with that juvenile avi...but you require a correction here...or at least a variation of your post.

There are two ' US of A's' in this discussion.

There is the one created by the Founders, and memorialized in the D of I and the Constitution, and there is the one has been pressed upon this nation over the last century...the one that tosses aside the Constitution, shreds federalism, and values the collective over the individual.

It is no misdemeanor to wish the latter, Progressive America to fail in favor of the restoration of the original.

Forum List

Back