The end of the autism/vaccine debate?

Tony Perkins

1.) The HPV vaccine is generally not administered in the shot series that people associate (erroneously) with autism.
2.) Tony: A vaccine is not a "drug".
3.) Of course Tony Perkins, the spokesman for the evangelical loons is going to oppose a vaccine that would prevent the spread of an STD (which he most likely feels is a well deserved punishment for "fornicators"). In fact, if you bothered to listen to his stump speech, you realize that was his entire objection. He made only one single point that was even remotely medically salient and that was along the lines of "It's so new we don't know if it's safe..." which is lame, because that same argument can be made about any drug or vaccine that is released on the open market and thus not a good reason to oppose gardasil. His entire objection to the vaccine was simply that it would prevent the spread of HPV and that it was "not like polio" because polio isn't transmitted by HPV.

In reality, the HPV vax is the one shot that people can get that will eradicate 99% of a certain type of cancer. This isn't about sex at all (at least not to anyone who isn't obsessed with other people's sex lives like Perkins), it's about preventing disease. The mission of modern medicine. This is why goofballs like Perkins with their bible thumping objections are not given any consideration by the medical community. Opposing a vaccination measure that can eradicate a form of cancer simply because you are opposed to people's lifestyle choices is asinine and illogical. Regardless of whether we have vaccines against HPV or not, people are still going to fuck around (as they have since the beginning of time) and spread HPV and cause women to get cervical cancer. So why not be pragmatic about it?

As for Holtorf, he is viewed as a quack by the medical establishment. He makes his living off of pimping treatment modalities that aren't supported by evidence based medicine and have not proven to be effective. He is also not an infectious disease expert nor does he specialize in the bullshit that he was spouting off on Fox news.

1. Oh you will have to change your mind.
2. When the medical quacks change thiers.
3. Oh yes, be fucking safe, go with the crowd.
Well, no. You see unlike your mindset that follows ideas pre-constructed by your own mind without any supporting data whatsoever, I am "listening" to the evidence. It doesn't matter who supports or denies that evidence, so long as the evidence is procured in a legitimate and scientifically sound manner.

In other words: I'm looking at everything and deciding for myself, while you look at NOTHING and decide for yourself. Clearly neither one of us wants to listen to quacks or politicians, but at the end of the day, I am knowledgeable and informed on the topic, whereas you continue to post outdated drivel that has been shown to be debunked.

4. I will not go with the crowd on this issue, never!
And that's perfectly fine. But rejecting legitimate evidence is where you cross the line into being a quack yourself, as well as a bad parent.

7. What is needed is the health departments need to slow down the exposure, no more combo drugs!!!!!
8. No combo drugs with other shots, where they pile on many shots in one day!!!!
9. This is the *CRUX* of the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And once again I ask: what study or evidence do you have that supports that combination shots, compared to spacing them out or not offering them at all is superior with regard to autism? There isn't a SINGLE published study out there that even remotely suggests such a thing.

11. The way the system is now, from a administer point of view from doctors and nurses, is, *Get The Fucking Kids In Here And Shoot The Fuck Out Of Them So We Dont Have To See Them Again For Awhile, Lets Get This Fucking Over People!!!!!*, the children get too much, and burn out.
It's clear by this quote that you know little about a medical practice, let alone the intense education and experiences required to practice medicine. Your conspiracy theories are amusing, but still completely supported only by your paranoia.

you say lack of vaccination..how vague
Not really. Lack of vaccination means not getting vaccinated. What's vague about it?

just because vaccines are able to protect against some illnesses does not mean that we sit and dine at the all you can eat vaccine buffet..and these statistics of benefits attribute all improvement in lessing the instances of these illness to vaccination when other factors may of significantly contributed to lowering rates of contraction and mortality from these illnesses
Interesting theory. What do you have to support it? Meanwhile, in children who are vaccinated, the rates of hepatitis A, B, Hib, measles, mumps, rubella, chickenpox, rotavirus, and polio essentially drop to zero, where the kids who are NOT vaccinated still can and do get these diseases. You can bitch and moan all you want that there may be some magical cure all that descended upon the United States, but the fact still remains that historically and internationally, these diseases can and DO infect people who are not immunized.

Do you happen to have a site for that source? I have NEVER heard that.
I had a few links a page or two back in one of my posts of the initial studies that showed these outcomes. Let me know if you can't find it. The evidence is very clear.

Sorry bout that,

1. Seldom does a child of a medical expert get *Autism*.
2. Hummmmm,.....why is that?
3. Funny how the laws of averages don't apply to the medical fields children???:confused:
3. (a) Thats the study I want to read about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. *FUCK YOU BASTARDS!*
5. What these mother fuckers are doing is criminal!!!!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
It's no wonder when the Internet and television airwaves are full of personal stories that raise a question about the link. But the study that started the autism vaccine scare was recently retracted by the prestigious journal that published it 12 years ago, and the lead researcher had his medical license pulled.

Since that time, 18 controlled epidemiological studies have investigated the possible connection between autism and vaccines, and "they have all come back showing the same thing," says Alison Singer, founder and president of the Autism Science Foundation, and a mother of a 13-year-old with autism. "There is no link between vaccines and autism."

Those studies took up two primary theories: Wakefield's (lead publisher in the MMR/Autism study) hypothesis that the MMR vaccine was linked to autism, and another that thimerosal, a mercury-containing preservative found in some vaccines, was the culprit.

In a 2004 report analyzing the research into the possible connections, the Institute of Medicine (the organization charged with advising the nation on public health concerns) concluded: "the body of epidemiological evidence favors rejection of a causal relationship" between both the MMR vaccine and thimerosal, and autism.

That same year, 10 of the 13 authors of the Wakefield study retracted it.

The end of the autism/vaccine debate? - CNN.com

Discuss

Study after study has shown NO connection between vaccines and Autism. Yet the Debate rages.

Me thinks the end is not near.

3. Funny how the laws of averages don't apply to the medical fields children???:confused:

Once again, that's completely false. In one sentence you state a completely fabricated and unsupported claim, and in point number 3..... the second point 3 you made, you state there is no study. So if there is no investigation that determined it, from where are you drawing this paranoid fabricated conclusion?

Tony Perkins

1.) The HPV vaccine is generally not administered in the shot series that people associate (erroneously) with autism.
3.) Of course Tony Perkins, the spokesman for the evangelical loons is going to oppose a vaccine that would prevent the spread of an STD (which he most likely feels is a well deserved punishment for "fornicators"). In fact, if you bothered to listen to his stump speech, you realize that was his entire objection. He made only one single point that was even remotely medically salient and that was along the lines of "It's so new we don't know if it's safe..." which is lame, because that same argument can be made about any drug or vaccine that is released on the open market and thus not a good reason to oppose gardasil. His entire objection to the vaccine was simply that it would prevent the spread of HPV and that it was "not like polio" because polio isn't transmitted by HPV.

In reality, the HPV vax is the one shot that people can get that will eradicate 99% of a certain type of cancer. This isn't about sex at all (at least not to anyone who isn't obsessed with other people's sex lives like Perkins), it's about preventing disease. The mission of modern medicine. This is why goofballs like Perkins with their bible thumping objections are not given any consideration by the medical community. Opposing a vaccination measure that can eradicate a form of cancer simply because you are opposed to people's lifestyle choices is asinine and illogical. Regardless of whether we have vaccines against HPV or not, people are still going to fuck around (as they have since the beginning of time) and spread HPV and cause women to get cervical cancer. So why not be pragmatic about it?

As for Holtorf, he is viewed as a quack by the medical establishment. He makes his living off of pimping treatment modalities that aren't supported by evidence based medicine and have not proven to be effective. He is also not an infectious disease expert nor does he specialize in the bullshit that he was spouting off on Fox news.

it is about drug companies trying to legislate themselves billions of dollars on a products they decide are good for you...but you are just fine with that..

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

Once again, that's completely false. In one sentence you state a completely fabricated and unsupported claim, and in point number 3..... the second point 3 you made, you state there is no study. So if there is no investigation that determined it, from where are you drawing this paranoid fabricated conclusion?

1. Inquiring minds want to know.
2. What you got?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

you say lack of vaccination..how vague
Not really. Lack of vaccination means not getting vaccinated. What's vague about it?

just because vaccines are able to protect against some illnesses does not mean that we sit and dine at the all you can eat vaccine buffet..and these statistics of benefits attribute all improvement in lessing the instances of these illness to vaccination when other factors may of significantly contributed to lowering rates of contraction and mortality from these illnesses
Interesting theory. What do you have to support it? Meanwhile, in children who are vaccinated, the rates of hepatitis A, B, Hib, measles, mumps, rubella, chickenpox, rotavirus, and polio essentially drop to zero, where the kids who are NOT vaccinated still can and do get these diseases. You can bitch and moan all you want that there may be some magical cure all that descended upon the United States, but the fact still remains that historically and internationally, these diseases can and DO infect people who are not immunized.

Do you happen to have a site for that source? I have NEVER heard that.
I had a few links a page or two back in one of my posts of the initial studies that showed these outcomes. Let me know if you can't find it. The evidence is very clear.

Homeless people die after bird flu vaccine trial in Poland
Three Polish doctors and six nurses are facing criminal prosecution after a number of homeless people died following medical trials for a vaccine to the H5N1 bird-flu virus.
Homeless people die after bird flu vaccine trial in Poland - Telegraph

This is a pro-vaccination website. We just want fewer of them!
A 2004 investigation has revealed that 1 in 500 are born with a problem with
their immune system that could cause serious or life-threatening reactions when vaccinated.
(Journal of Molecular Diagnostics, 2004 May, Volume 6 no 2, Pp 59-83)

1980: 9 vaccines, autism is rare
2009: 36 vaccine$ before age 5
2010: 55 vaccine$ before age 6

Death By Vaccination

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. And then there's, *THIS*
2. Link and sample:Autism News & More: The Age of Autism: One in 15,000 Amish

"Washington, DC, Jun. 8 (UPI) The autism rate for U.S. children is 1 in 166, according to the federal government. The autism rate for the Amish around Middlefield, Ohio, is 1 in 15,000, according to Dr. Heng Wang.

He means that literally: Of 15,000 Amish who live near Middlefield, Wang is aware of just one who has autism. If that figure is anywhere near correct, the autism rate in that community is astonishingly low.

Wang is the medical director, and a physician and researcher, at the DDC Clinic for Special Needs Children, created three years ago to treat the Amish in northeastern Ohio.

"I take care of all the children with special needs," he said, putting him in a unique position to observe autism. The one case Wang has identified is a 12-year-old boy.

Like stitchwork in an Amish quilt, Wang's comments extend a pattern first identified by United Press International in the Pennsylvania Dutch country around Lancaster, Pa.

-- A Lancaster doctor who has treated thousands of Amish for nearly a quarter-century said he had never seen any autism. "We're right in the heart of Amish country and seeing none -- and that's just the way it is," that doctor said last month.

-- An Amish-Mennonite mother with an adopted autistic child said she was aware of only two other children with the disorder. "It is so much more rare among our people," she said.

-- UPI also found scant evidence of autism among the Amish in Indiana and Kentucky, two other states with sizable Amish settlements.

Ohio, with the nation's largest Amish population, appears no different. Asked if he thinks the autism rate among the Amish is low, Wang said: "I would agree with that. In this country, the Amish have less autism. Why? That's a very interesting topic. I think people need to look into it to do more research. This is something we could learn from."

Wang said the Amish boy's autism is of "unknown etiology," meaning the cause is undetermined.(

(CWN ALERT)****** In response to a question, he checked the medical chart and said the boy had received routine childhood immunizations.*********(CWN ALERT)

The Amish have a religious exemption from immunizations, and traditionally only a minority has allowed children to receive the shots. That number has been increasing, however, and Wang said most Amish parents in the area he serves do vaccinate their children, although that varies greatly by community.

The question arose because in Pennsylvania the Amish-Mennonite mother described what she said was a vaccine link to the cases. She suspects that her adopted daughter, who received immunizations both in China and again after arriving in the Unites States, became autistic because of the shots. She said a second child with autism in the community had "a clear vaccine reaction" and lapsed into autism.

Some parents and a minority of medical professionals think a mercury-based preservative in vaccines -- or in some cases the vaccines themselves -- triggered a huge increase in autism cases in the 1990s, leading to the 1-in-166 rate cited by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In 1999 manufacturers began phasing out that preservative, called thimerosal, at the CDC's request.

Most mainstream medical experts and federal health authorities say a link between thimerosal and autism has been discredited, although the director of the CDC told Congress she is keeping an open mind about the possibility.

(****CWN ALERT*****)
Wang said he did not want to offer an opinion about whether the Ohio boy's vaccinations might be linked to his autism."
(*******CWN ALERT*****)

3. One child who was Amish gets *AUTISM* out of 15,000, and he was one who got the vaccines!!!
4. **FUCK YOU MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!!**

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
it is about drug companies trying to legislate themselves billions of dollars on a products they decide are good for you...but you are just fine with that..
You seem very focused on "damn the man who wants profit". Good for you. But wanting money and doing good are not mutually exclusive things. You cannot disprove something is correct because someone is making money off it.

There's a one TRILLION dollar industry in the US that is mandated by the government to give to children as well. It's called FOOD.

Your error is believing that the companies who manufacture these products are the ones who regulate their use. This is simply not true. Last I checked, the FDA still exists. Doctors who independently read the scientific literature on double blind placebo or comparison drug trials ALSO have a strong hand in the matter. Or does your conspiracy theory extend to big pharma strong arming a federal organization to overlook specific data and guidelines?

Homeless people die after bird flu vaccine trial in Poland
Three Polish doctors and six nurses are facing criminal prosecution after a number of homeless people died following medical trials for a vaccine to the H5N1 bird-flu virus.
Homeless people die after bird flu vaccine trial in Poland - Telegraph

Poland? Really now? So you think the unethical abuse of untested medications on homeless people in a foreign country somehow supports your point that legitimate and ethically controlled medication trials tested through FDA regulations are bad in the US? Do you really need me to point out the stupidity of your comparison?

Hey, a doctor in England misused adrenaline on a patient who died. Maybe that means all use of this life saving drug should be banned?

Ridiculous.

eots said:
This is just laughable. Do you really need me to tell you that this site is a joke? All it needs is a bad animated gif of like fire or something to really make it super awesome.

Animated%20Gif%20Fire%20%28104%29.gif

Note how the site uses almost no sources, including but not limited to the table at the top of the one ridiculously long page. Note how the uncited "data" are misleading, such as how that top table lists 7.8 deaths per "1000 under 5 yrs old", which has nothing to do with either autism OR the diseases which we vaccinate against. Now how it makes completely unsupported claims such as "EVERY DRUG THAT HAS EVER BEEN RECALLED,
HAS BEEN PROVEN TO BE SAFE AND EFFECTIVE BY THE FDA.", which is completely false: Drug Recalls | News & Info About Drug Recalls, Warnings, Alerts & Lawsuits

Yet another ridiculous link.

1. Inquiring minds want to know.
2. What you got?
On the topic of doctor's children and autism? NOTHING! You just made that up! I have never come across an article which even remotely suggests doctor's children are somehow magically less susceptible to autism than matched counterparts. I just did a quick search and found nothing that supports it either.

But YOU made the claim. Even if it's completely made up, it's your responsibility to support it, not mine. So inquiring minds want to know, what YOU got?

We've gone over this before. This is called "anecdote". It means no actual study has been done. It means the uncomfirmed testimony of a single person does not outweigh the actual scientific controlled examination of this issue. Have you even tried to look up Dr. Heng Wang? He's a real doctor, but you can't find a SINGLE paper or comment from him that supports the article you just provided.

In fact, EVERY link on the topic that you've ever read has come from a SINGLE person: Dan Olmsted, who is not a doctor, researcher, or has any medical experience, and who has been completely disgraced and disproven as a reporter.

Quote from: http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/?p=4621

In fact, there has even been research that showed [URL="http://photoninthedarkness.com/?p=69"]there is a genetic predisposition to autism in the Amish population. So how is it that Olmsted found no autism at all, despite known genes and an entire clinic which treats Amish autism?

Nonetheless, you're still looking at a completely different population. The Amish, for example, have completely different rates of certain cancers. Is that because of vaccinations too? Well, no. They lead COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LIFESTYLES, which as a whole contribute to their health in different ways and produces different results.

With that being said, as I've shown from the MORE RECENT LINKS than the older ones you continue to provide all from the same one person, studies that actually systemically document autism by defining medical criteria find autism in the same rates in the Amish. The more important study is looking at populations of average American children who have and have not been vaccinated. As my previous link showed without any doubt, the rate of autism is the SAME between these two groups.

I'm guessing you still haven't read that article though.

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. No way, and no fucking how!
2. I need actual numbers from studies that support that those who are Amish children, and not taking vaccines do infact get Autism, I am sure those taking the vaccines do infact get Autism at some rate, but at the same time, I know its less than 1 out of 150 children.
3. Not some blah, blah, blah,...its all the same because we just said it is.
4. Fuck you and fuck the medical community!!!!
5. I read those links, and its just bullshit, some so called researchers making claims, and not providing any solid proof, FUCK THAT!!!!!
6. All these stdies are going to be biased, because there's a whole bunch riding on these studies, and it had just better come back supporting the fucking vaccines!!!!
7. If not, then all the mother fucking *Junk Doctors* come out calling it a fraud!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You seem very focused on "damn the man who wants profit". Good for you. But wanting money and doing good are not mutually exclusive things. You cannot disprove something is correct because someone is making money off it.

There's a one TRILLION dollar industry in the US that is mandated by the government to give to children as well. It's called FOOD.

Your error is believing that the companies who manufacture these products are the ones who regulate their use. This is simply not true. Last I checked, the FDA still exists. Doctors who independently read the scientific literature on double blind placebo or comparison drug trials ALSO have a strong hand in the matter. Or does your conspiracy theory extend to big pharma strong arming a federal organization to overlook specific data and guidelines?

you're funny..you make me laugh

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ5OxdIq5DY]YouTube - Monsanto: Extinction[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuK1t474ei4]YouTube - St. Petersburg Times Reports on Zyprexa[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISVlEb8P20Y]YouTube - Get the facts!!!FDA exposed!!![/ame]

So it looks like you provided a news story that shows a drug company paying millions of dollars in damages when it was found their drug had a bad side effect. And you think this somehow shows that the system is bad?

Unfortunately, the world is not perfect, and drugs which appear to be safe enough in trials can later be found to cause problems and are pulled or regulated accordingly. The problem is NOT that these companies pay for their mistakes and drugs are pulled when mistakes do occur. A problem would be the drug companies being allowed to continue harming people knowingly without repercussion after the evidence has presented itself. What do you suppose happens to doctor's prescribing habits if evidence came to light that showed a drug had horrible harmful side effects?

What you point to is the exception, NOT the rule. You point to the few that have caused drama instead of the majority which are safe and effective. Perhaps you believe all golfers are cheating bastards because you saw a news special on Tiger Woods? Perhaps all eggs everywhere in the world for the rest of time are infected with Salmonella because of the recent FDA recall?

So once again, you seem to be drawing conclusion from outliers, tangents, and poor reasoning. You assert that all vaccinations are bad because someone profits, when the two have nothing to do with one another. You assert that the FDA and drugs are bad because of specific case studies in the past which do NOT represent the norm. Lucky for me, paranoid conspiracy theories such as yours do NOT affect the reason and logic of this country's medical regulations.

So it looks like you provided a news story that shows a drug company paying millions of dollars in damages when it was found their drug had a bad side effect. And you think this somehow shows that the system is bad?

yes they were well aware of the dangers and sold it anyway

Unfortunately, the world is not perfect, and drugs which appear to be safe enough in trials can later be found to cause problems and are pulled or regulated accordingly. The problem is NOT that these companies pay for their mistakes and drugs are pulled when mistakes do occur. A problem would be the drug companies being allowed to continue harming people knowingly without repercussion after the evidence has presented itself. What do you suppose happens to doctor's prescribing habits if evidence came to light that showed a drug had horrible harmful side effects?

they got fined a billion and made 5.2 its like paying the paper boy

What you point to is the exception, NOT the rule. You point to the few that have caused drama instead of the majority which are safe and effective. Perhaps you believe all golfers are cheating bastards because you saw a news special on Tiger Woods? Perhaps all eggs everywhere in the world for the rest of time are infected with Salmonella because of the recent FDA recall?

the list of harmful drugs and substances sold knowingly is a lengthy one

So once again, you seem to be drawing conclusion from outliers, tangents, and poor reasoning. You assert that all vaccinations are bad because someone profits, when the two have nothing to do with one another. You assert that the FDA and drugs are bad because of specific case studies in the past which do NOT represent the norm. Lucky for me, paranoid conspiracy theories such as yours do NOT affect the reason and logic of this country's medical regulations

they have a healthier paranoia of drug companies in Europe and are healthier for it and btw I nevr made such a simplistic statement as all vaccines are "bad"

Last edited:
At some point you need to realize that all drugs have potentially harmful side effects. It's as if you're citing a story about the police catching a criminal, and claiming the police system is bad. NO! They CAUGHT the bad thing.

The system would be bad if it had no system of checks or balances in place. Don't point to Europe as an answer, as their healthcare is different for a myriad of reasons, drug use not being one of them.

the list of harmful drugs and substances sold knowingly is a lengthy one
Oh? I'd very much like to see this list. Could you link to it please?

Tony Perkins

All the big pharma magic in the world can't change the pathology of HPV and the fact that it causes almost 100% of cervical cancers.

I'll bet you wouldn't be bitching if they were pushing for a vaccine to prevent some virus from causing men's dicks to turn black and fall off.

Sorry bout that,

1. Lets sum up.
2. Up until the late 1980's no one every really heard of *AUTISM*, and it wasn't because of some quack doctor didn't name the illness either.
2. (a) They had to give it a name because so many children were getting it.
3. Before then it was not heard of because it was almost never seen.
4. Seeing it was nearly never seen, it didn't have a name.
5. But during this time of the mid to late 1980's the medical trades changed how they gave vaccinations to the school children, which then we began to see these *AUTISTIC* children show up.
6. So the medical trades kept doing what they were doing and adding more shots on top of more shots, over loading the children even more, till they have run it up too 1 in 150 children will likely get *AUTISM* now, GREAT JOB!!!!!!!
7. I hear they are shooting for 1 in 100, in the next five years.
8. AND THEY PROJECT TO GET EVER CHILD BY THE YEAR 2030 1 IN EVERY 1.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:

Forum List

Back