The Education of Palin vs Obama

see they like stupid and uneducated.

Now I wonder what they would say if the credentials were reversed?

The ONLY education the respect is on a cons resume
You just had two Ivy Leaguers as Presidents. How did that work out?

Besides, the Constitution only says "Natural Born Citizen" and "At least 35 years of age". I see no edumacation requirement there. Nor do I see "Professional Politician" requirement either.

Plenty of people without college degrees or who have just been to Community College would be great Presidents if given the chance.

Would you say TM that I'm not qualified to be President because it took me nearly 20 years to get my B/S? (I'm over 35 and a natural born citizen)

I never said that you did.

Not to mention, aren't we in the mess we are in thanks to a bunch of "Ivy Leaguers"?

Yep.

But they are the wealthy, I thought you guys think the wealthy are our saviors?

Jesus Christ is my only Savior.

I simply refuse to treat people differently because they have or don't have money.

Class warfare divides our nation on artificial lines because of greed, covetousness, and pride. Promoting those principles is wrong. If we believe in equality by law, we must treat all people equally.

We are all citizens. We should all pay the same tax rate. We shouldnt be taxing others more and some not at all.

You seem to think the rich are evil, yet you throw them power. I don't think they are good or evil. I think they are merely people and are thus entitled to the same rights I have. I want them to be as empowered as the poor of this nation. Because empowered individuals will save this country.

wow, this thread blew up on the idea that an ivy league college education and law degree makes you less qualified to be president than a communications degree from public university?

im sure everyone strives to send their children to the University of Idaho instead of Columbia or Harvard.

I think they forget how much a corporation PAYS for such an education in a prospective employee

wow, this thread blew up on the idea that an ivy league college education and law degree makes you less qualified to be president than a communications degree from public university?

im sure everyone strives to send their children to the University of Idaho instead of Columbia or Harvard.

I wouldn't want my kids near a Harvard, or a Columbia, or a Yale... look what comes outta there that passes as "smart".

I think we simply disagree with the flawed premise that degrees are a sign of someones intelligence.

How does a degree measure life experience? How does it measure how well read someone is?

Do we measure intelligence by the pieces of paper next to their name? Or the results of their actions? The actual decisions they make in life?

I simply refuse to treat people differently because they have or don't have money.

Class warfare divides our nation on artificial lines because of greed, covetousness, and pride. Promoting those principles is wrong. If we believe in equality by law, we must treat all people equally.

We are all citizens. We should all pay the same tax rate. We shouldnt be taxing others more and some not at all.

You seem to think the rich are evil, yet you throw them power. I don't think they are good or evil. I think they are merely people and are thus entitled to the same rights I have. I want them to be as empowered as the poor of this nation. Because empowered individuals will save this country.

Yes they should pay the same and they do.

When a wealthy person files their taxes they pay the same amount of their taxes as a poor person, If they only make as much as the poor person.

If the poor person made as much as the wealthy they would pay that amount too.

I wouldn't want my kids near a Harvard, or a Columbia, or a Yale... look what comes outta there that passes as "smart".

I think it depends on the program. Alot of them, i certainly wouldnt send them to. Wharton Business School at UofP is pretty good though.

But it isnt about degrees. its about quality of education

And we all know how much money a top flight education is worth to a prosepective employer.

Here they are trashing higher education.

My point is proven.

I think it depends on the program. Alot of them, i certainly wouldnt send them to. Wharton Business School at UofP is pretty good though.

I wanted to go to Tulane, didn't have $10,000/semester, so I went to the University of New Orleans. I do better than a bud with a MS from Tulane.

I guess it all depends. I just don't like all the snootyness.

I think we simply disagree with the flawed premise that degrees are a sign of someones intelligence.

How does a degree measure life experience? How does it measure how well read someone is?

Do we measure intelligence by the pieces of paper next to their name? Or the results of their actions? The actual decisions they make in life?

so with that argument, why does anyone go to college? why do corporations pay more money for someone with a college education? why such the huge earnings disparity between those with a HS education vs a college education vs a graduate degree?

and for the record, i never said GW wasnt qualified to be president, i dont agree with a lot of things he did. But he was "qualified". Much more so than Palin.

And we all know how much money a top flight education is worth to a prosepective employer.

Here they are trashing higher education.

My point is proven.

No you little twit, we're trashing the imbecilic notion that because you went to Yale you are more qualified and smarter than somebody who went to LSU.

And btw... higher education isn't for everybody. Look at you.

They only hate higher education when it fits their political perspective.

In other worlds they are partisan hypocrites

ohhh Penn good ol #12, right behind Columbia. oh and Harvard is #2 in the worlds best universities.

World's Best Universities: Top 400 - US News and World Report

see they like stupid and uneducated.

Now I wonder what they would say if the credentials were reversed?

The ONLY education the respect is on a cons resume

You clearly have never been to an institute of higher education.

Having a piece of paper from an institution isn't education.

There you go Cali

But, he has a point. A degree is one part of education... it does not make one person better than or smarter than another. I view education as a life long process... I learn shit all the time. It didn't stop when I left University.

I am one of those cons that you constantly refer to. I am college educated, have a Masters, and still learning. You get your ass kicked because you constantly lie about 'cons'. Idiot.

And... for the record... I know many people who have not been to college. And they are pretty smart people... they just chose a different road. Why do you constantly have to dismiss anyone who chooses a different path? Perhaps if you showed a little less arrogance and stopped ridiculing anyone who doesn't fit within your world view, you would develop a better understanding of people. Or... you could just carry on lying and labeling everyone who disagrees with you as a 'liar'.

ohhh Penn good ol #12, right behind Columbia. oh and Harvard is #2 in the worlds best universities.

World's Best Universities: Top 400 - US News and World Report

You gotta love this, read this wonderfully constructed sentence as an argument for the virtues of higher education.

I think most parents would be happy to get thier kids in and through college.

My daughter is planning on going to Penn State.

In your eyes, that makes her a lesser person, b/c someone else went to an Ivy league college.

And you don't see the arrogance in your fucked up way of thinking?

pfft

Heaven forbid a former enlisted man ran for Office! All that knowledge, training, and know how is meaningless b/c he lacks a degree.

You clearly have never been to an institute of higher education.

Having a piece of paper from an institution isn't education.

There you go Cali

But, he has a point. A degree is one part of education... it does not make one person better than or smarter than another. I view education as a life long process... I learn shit all the time. It didn't stop when I left University.

I am one of those cons that you constantly refer to. I am college educated, have a Masters, and still learning. You get your ass kicked because you constantly lie about 'cons'. Idiot. Go get one lie

And... for the record... I know many people who have not been to college. And they are pretty smart people... they just chose a different road. Why do you constantly have to dismiss anyone who chooses a different path? Perhaps if you showed a little less arrogance and stopped ridiculing anyone who doesn't fit within your world view, you would develop a better understanding of people. Or... you could just carry on lying and labeling everyone who disagrees with you as a 'liar'.

I never said what you claimed I said.

I did NOT say I dismiss anyone who was uneducated?

I didnt did I.

Now we have an example of ANOTHER lie by you.

Yes they should pay the same and they do.

When a wealthy person files their taxes they pay the same amount of their taxes as a poor person, If they only make as much as the poor person.

If the poor person made as much as the wealthy they would pay that amount too.

Bewilderingly ignorant. I truly don't grasp how you twisted that in your mind and put it down on the keyboard.

Forum List

Back