The Education of Palin vs Obama

Common Sense

Rookie
Nov 2, 2010
i found this really interesting:

here is Sarah Palin's education:

After graduating from high school, Palin enrolled at the University of Hawaii in Hilo. Shortly after arriving in Hawaii, Palin switched to Hawaii Pacific University for a semester in the fall of 1982 and then North Idaho College in the spring and fall of 1983. She attended the University of Idaho in the fall of 1984 and spring of 1985, and attended Matanuska-Susitna College in the fall of 1985. Palin returned to the University of Idaho in the spring of 1986, receiving her bachelor's degree in communications with an emphasis in journalism in 1987.
After graduating, she worked as a sportscaster for KTUU-TV and KTVA-TV in Anchorage, and as a sports reporter for the Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman, fulfilling an early ambition.

so to sum it up, she attended 5 (one of them twice) different colleges before getting a Communications degree.

Obama's Education:

Following high school, Obama moved to Los Angeles in 1979 to attend Occidental College.
Later in 1981 he transferred to Columbia University in New York City, where he majored in political science with a specialty in international relations and graduated with a B.A. in 1983. In late 1988, Obama entered Harvard Law School. He was selected as an editor of the Harvard Law Review at the end of his first year, and president of the journal in his second year. He graduated with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) magna cum laude from Harvard in 1991

so to sum this one up, starts at Occidental, finishes at Columbia with a degree in political science then graduates magna cum laude with a law degree (J.D.) from harvard.

not to knock the University of Idaho, but it sure as hell isnt Occidental, Columbia or Harvard.

now why do people think she is qualified to be president????? :cuckoo:

It just makes them hate him more.

They dont like higher education and think it rots the brain

Wow. For somebody who recently ranted in a thread about people who spend $7 per day on food being Rich, it's fascinating to see CS genuflect at the altar of Ivy League Education Elitism.

Obama's education and job experience prior to becoming president were in a hermetically sealed academic and progressive bubble. He has no real experience in the real world, has never created a real job, never had to meet payroll, never had to comply with the mass of regulations that he and his egghead theoreticians impose on the private sector while exempting themselves.

I'm not a Palin fan, but between the two, she is much more in touch with real America, and would make far better decisions than the Epic Fail performed by Obama.

No one really believes her to be qualified. They just don't care because she parrots what the loony base wants to hear.

Frankly, any person who thinks there are 'pro america parts of the country' should be bounced out of politics.

see they like stupid and uneducated.

Now I wonder what they would say if the credentials were reversed?

The ONLY education the respect is on a cons resume

i found this really interesting:

here is Sarah Palin's education:

After graduating from high school, Palin enrolled at the University of Hawaii in Hilo. Shortly after arriving in Hawaii, Palin switched to Hawaii Pacific University for a semester in the fall of 1982 and then North Idaho College in the spring and fall of 1983. She attended the University of Idaho in the fall of 1984 and spring of 1985, and attended Matanuska-Susitna College in the fall of 1985. Palin returned to the University of Idaho in the spring of 1986, receiving her bachelor's degree in communications with an emphasis in journalism in 1987.
After graduating, she worked as a sportscaster for KTUU-TV and KTVA-TV in Anchorage, and as a sports reporter for the Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman, fulfilling an early ambition.

so to sum it up, she attended 5 (one of them twice) different colleges before getting a Communications degree.

Obama's Education:

Following high school, Obama moved to Los Angeles in 1979 to attend Occidental College.
Later in 1981 he transferred to Columbia University in New York City, where he majored in political science with a specialty in international relations and graduated with a B.A. in 1983. In late 1988, Obama entered Harvard Law School. He was selected as an editor of the Harvard Law Review at the end of his first year, and president of the journal in his second year. He graduated with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) magna cum laude from Harvard in 1991

so to sum this one up, starts at Occidental, finishes at Columbia with a degree in political science then graduates magna cum laude with a law degree (J.D.) from harvard.

not to knock the University of Idaho, but it sure as hell isnt Occidental, Columbia or Harvard.

now why do people think she is qualified to be president????? :cuckoo:

Not that I'm a Palin for Pres person, I just despise elitist snobs that think education is everything.

Age and Citizenship requirements - US Constitution, Article II, Section 1

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

A large number of men, each far wiser than you, detemined that these are the requirements.

But hey, fuck the comon man right? What does the everyday person know, we should give up our right to vote since many of us don't have no book lernin.

arrogant jackass.

Wow. For somebody who recently ranted in a thread about people who spend $7 per day on food being Rich, it's fascinating to see CS genuflect at the altar of Ivy League Education Elitism.

Obama's education and job experience prior to becoming president were in a hermetically sealed academic and progressive bubble. He has no real experience in the real world, has never created a real job, never had to meet payroll, never had to comply with the mass of regulations that he and his egghead theoreticians impose on the private sector while exempting themselves.

I'm not a Palin fan, but between the two, she is much more in touch with real America, and would make far better decisions than the Epic Fail performed by Obama.

Not to mention, aren't we in the mess we are in thanks to a bunch of "Ivy Leaguers"?

And to prove your point you post this semi-literate drek?

Oh... the irony.

You clearly have never been to an institute of higher education.

Having a piece of paper from an institution isn't education.

And to prove your point you post this semi-literate drek?

Oh... the irony.

Hmm, which recent president had an actual Ivy League education?
Bush finished his high school years at Phillips Academy, a boarding school (then all-male) in Andover, Massachusetts, where he played baseball and during his senior year was the head cheerleader.[27] Bush attended Yale University from 1964 to 1968, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree in history.[28] During this time, he was a member of Delta Kappa Epsilon, being elected the fraternity's president during his senior year.[29][30] Bush also became a member of the Skull and Bones society as a senior.[31] Bush was a keen rugby union player, and was on Yale's 1st XV.[32] He characterized himself as an average student.[33]

Beginning in the fall of 1973, Bush attended the Harvard Business School, where he earned an MBA. He is the only U.S. President to have earned an MBA.[34]

you and your $7 a day on food. Which i have since proved withing the norms of society. :cuckoo:

Palin left Wasilla $20M in debt when she left office
PolitiFact | Numbers right, context missing

She left the state of Alaska with 70% GDP to debt ratio:
Post-Palin Alaska has largest debt burden in US // Current

even the people of her fair city and state think shes a bad politican:
A Wasillan On Sarah Palin - The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

she actually doesnt make good decisions as evidenced here.

You just had two Ivy Leaguers as Presidents. How did that work out?

Besides, the Constitution only says "Natural Born Citizen" and "At least 35 years of age". I see no edumacation requirement there. Nor do I see "Professional Politician" requirement either.

Plenty of people without college degrees or who have just been to Community College would be great Presidents if given the chance.

Would you say TM that I'm not qualified to be President because it took me nearly 20 years to get my B/S? (I'm over 35 and a natural born citizen)

Forum List

Back