The Education of Palin vs Obama

What do you think qualifies a person to bve President? I'm no Palin fan, hope she doesn't run and if she does, hope she loses. But to say she's not qualified is moronic...

US Constitution, Article II, Section 1:

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

Christ, that makes millions of Americans qualified. Fuckwit.

no it makes them eligible, not necessarily qualified.

No, it makes them qualified as well. Those are the only requirements a person must meet to be President. There are no stipulations to education, experience, or breeding, nothing but the list above. It is the sheeple of this country who blindly follow their devotion to their chosen party who have made more of the qualifications than need be. I'd vote for someone who exhibited a fraction common sense before I would any of the political hacks we have today. But hey, you just keep falling for the partisan bullshit, keep believing your team has all the answers and the other is evil. It's gotten us this far...

you do realize the difference between being qualified and being eligible?

what partisan BS? i asked the questions as to why Palin is qualified to be president, as opposed to Obama based on education alone?
had i was asked if Romney or Huckabee or Gingrich was qualified, i would have answered yes.

They dont care about facts they only care about political party politics.

Oh so that's why we are responding to what you say and you are ignoring what we say to divert the discussion to completely new points such as this?

BTW have you ever voted for a Republican?

ohhh so the education during the 1930's is the exact same as in 1980? because the majority of people went to college in the 30's.
Irrelevant to the point that the the specifics one someone's education in no way inherently qualifies/disqualifies someone to be President.

M14, so you have a undergrad and a law degree? so you can practice law? if you answer no to these two questions, that you are not better educated than the president.
I am indeed better educated in that I have both, and more.
Note also that having a law degree doesnt necessarily mean that you can practice law.

and yes Obama is more educated than Palin.
Which, as you apparently simply refuse to believe, is meaningless.
As I said:
His education, as lordly as YOU may think it is, hasn't helped Him - one might even say it was lost on Him..

so why hasnt anyone since Truman been elected president without a college degree? maybe because the general public see the value of a higher education? you point out one anomaly in the last 100 years and all of a sudden that changes everything? and you have a law degree? thats like citing one specific case and claiming it as the only evidence, with the overwhelming majority of evidence claiming the opposite. i think thats a loser in the jury's eyes.

(yes i understand that you must pass the bar to actually practice law)

well if you think you are more qualified, then i challenge you to run for office and contest him. then let the public decide.

Last edited:
I never said what you claimed I said.

I did NOT say I dismiss anyone who was uneducated?

I didnt did I.

Now we have an example of ANOTHER lie by you.

But you dismissed them right there while you are claiming not to. That's the point.

Going to an Ivy league school doesnt make you intelligent. Nor does it make you educated.

Now going to an Ivy league school doesnt make you uneducated. Nor does not going to school whatsoever.

You seem to think education depends on a piece of paper or what school you went to. That's pure sophistry. Education comes from dilligent study throughout ones live. it can't be measured by pieces of paper.

By claiming that they are uneducated, you are dismissing them. And why? Because they dont meet your standards. You can't seem to look outside the cultural box you are in. Which is why you dont learn anything.

Bewilderingly ignorant. I truly don't grasp how you twisted that in your mind and put it down on the keyboard.

Yeah, it was pretty outrageous.

When there is a flat tax, everyone will be paying the same rate. As long as their are tiers, they wont be. Simple as that.

10 Presidents, 16 Executives Without College Degrees Freedom Arizona
Presidents w/o degrees;

George Washington, served as 1st President of the United States from 1789 to 1797
Andrew Jackson, served as 7th President of the United States from 1829 to 1837
Martin Van Buren, served as 8th President of the United States from 1837 to 1841
William Henry Harrison, served as 9th President of the United States in 1941*
Zachary Taylor, served as 12th President of the United States from 1849 to 1950*
Millard Fillmore, served as 13th President of the United States from 1850 to 1853
Abraham Lincoln, served as 16th President of the United States from 1861 to 1865*
Andrew Johnson, served as 17th President of the United States from 1865 to 1869
Grover Cleveland, served as 24th President of the United States from 1893 to 1897
Harry S. Truman, served as 33rd President of the United States from 1945 to 1953

The top 2 were Founders. Imagine a man being smart enough to be part of creating a country being considered to fucking unedjimuhkated to be President?

To be fair, Jackson was not a Founder

he did join the army and served in WW 1. poor eyesight prevented him from applying to West Point. When his high school buddies went off to the state university in 1901, Truman instead enrolled in a local business school, but only lasted a semester. In 1923-25 he took night courses toward a law degree at the Kansas City Law School (now the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law), but dropped out after losing his government job.

hes is the only pres since 1897 to not have a college degree. since this thread is not about truman and how qualified he was to be president, i fail to see your point. and since i did not have the opportunity to vote for him, and im pretty sure no one else on here did, you raised a meaningless argument. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You know, with your screen name, you'd think youd grasp things easier than you are.

The point is obvious. Degrees dont mean jack as a qualification for President.

Presidents w/o degrees;

George Washington, served as 1st President of the United States from 1789 to 1797
Martin Van Buren, served as 8th President of the United States from 1837 to 1841
Zachary Taylor, served as 12th President of the United States from 1849 to 1950*
Millard Fillmore, served as 13th President of the United States from 1850 to 1853
Abraham Lincoln, served as 16th President of the United States from 1861 to 1865*
Grover Cleveland, served as 24th President of the United States from 1893 to 1897
Harry S. Truman, served as 33rd President of the United States from 1945 to 1953

The top 2 were Founders. Imagine a man being smart enough to be part of creating a country being considered to fucking unedjimuhkated to be President?

really you just posted 9 guys who lived prior to 1900. when many people didnt even get a primary school education, let alone a high school one or college one. seeing how the world has changed in the last 150-200 years, you might want to rethink your statement.

That's the dirty little secret isn't it? The world hasnt changed. People are exactly the same as they ever were.

Honestly it just makes it all the more confusing as to why such a suppossedly smart guy is such an economic and policy idiot.

i found this really interesting:

here is Sarah Palin's education:

After graduating from high school, Palin enrolled at the University of Hawaii in Hilo. Shortly after arriving in Hawaii, Palin switched to Hawaii Pacific University for a semester in the fall of 1982 and then North Idaho College in the spring and fall of 1983. She attended the University of Idaho in the fall of 1984 and spring of 1985, and attended Matanuska-Susitna College in the fall of 1985. Palin returned to the University of Idaho in the spring of 1986, receiving her bachelor's degree in communications with an emphasis in journalism in 1987.
After graduating, she worked as a sportscaster for KTUU-TV and KTVA-TV in Anchorage, and as a sports reporter for the Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman, fulfilling an early ambition.

so to sum it up, she attended 5 (one of them twice) different colleges before getting a Communications degree.

Obama's Education:

Following high school, Obama moved to Los Angeles in 1979 to attend Occidental College.
Later in 1981 he transferred to Columbia University in New York City, where he majored in political science with a specialty in international relations and graduated with a B.A. in 1983. In late 1988, Obama entered Harvard Law School. He was selected as an editor of the Harvard Law Review at the end of his first year, and president of the journal in his second year. He graduated with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) magna cum laude from Harvard in 1991

so to sum this one up, starts at Occidental, finishes at Columbia with a degree in political science then graduates magna cum laude with a law degree (J.D.) from harvard.

not to knock the University of Idaho, but it sure as hell isnt Occidental, Columbia or Harvard.

now why do people think she is qualified to be president????? :cuckoo:

Her education is easy to "prove". You can get access to "her records".
Her experience: join PTA, not satisfied with changes
get elected mayor (not by sneaky disqualification of opponent in court)
get elected governor
True, she is not "textbook" qualified. Unfortunately, she seems to be the only one out there that is even trying to communicate with the working people of this country. Other "politicians" (from both sides) are busy looking down their noses at the masses and declaring 'they know' what is best for all. Palin doesn't do that.

Now explain to mean how Obama 'was' qualified to become President: there is no access to any of his past records
he hated working in public (that is the producing) sector
he stated if there was a confrontation between citizens and muslims, he would be on the muslims side (no questions, no qualifiers), in his book
he was a community organizer: he threatened people with bodily harm and destruction of property thru rioters if he didn't get his way
he was a state politician that voted "present" rather than make a statement of who he was (except when he voted to force medical providers to leave abortion survivors to die, because that was the mother's wish)
he used the court to eliminate his competition, sneaky, sneaky
he lied about who he was and is to the American people to win the election (not just about his campaign promises)
Based on his qualifications, he has proven himself to be a liar and a fraud, yet, the 'ivy league' voters and the ones with very low reading levels came to agreement, and said yes, this is the man we can believe in, he is everything we believe in: lies (maybe the requirement to get thru ivy league) and a fraud (maybe the requirement to suck off the American taxpayer thru handouts)?

Yes, Palin is lacking, but she looks like a giant standing next to the one holding the office.

Presidents w/o degrees;

really you just posted 9 guys who lived prior to 1900. when many people didnt even get a primary school education, let alone a high school one or college one. seeing how the world has changed in the last 150-200 years, you might want to rethink your statement.

That's the dirty little secret isn't it? The world hasnt changed. People are exactly the same as they ever were.

the world hasnt changed? What world do you live in?

the world hasnt changed? What world do you live in?

The real one

Jesus Christ is my only Savior.

I simply refuse to treat people differently because they have or don't have money.

Class warfare divides our nation on artificial lines because of greed, covetousness, and pride. Promoting those principles is wrong. If we believe in equality by law, we must treat all people equally.

We are all citizens. We should all pay the same tax rate. We shouldnt be taxing others more and some not at all.

You seem to think the rich are evil, yet you throw them power. I don't think they are good or evil. I think they are merely people and are thus entitled to the same rights I have. I want them to be as empowered as the poor of this nation. Because empowered individuals will save this country.

Yes they should pay the same and they do.

When a wealthy person files their taxes they pay the same amount of their taxes as a poor person, If they only make as much as the poor person.

If the poor person made as much as the wealthy they would pay that amount too.

Bewilderingly ignorant. I truly don't grasp how you twisted that in your mind and put it down on the keyboard.

No you are just to stupid to figure out the point.

Its not the people its the money we are taxing.

When you only make enough to barely stay warm and fed taxing you would do more harm than good to the economy.

When you make well more than enough to survive and thrive ( because pof the American infrastructure) then you should pay more to maintain it.

You just refuse to understand the basic facts.

i found this really interesting:

here is Sarah Palin's education:

After graduating from high school, Palin enrolled at the University of Hawaii in Hilo. Shortly after arriving in Hawaii, Palin switched to Hawaii Pacific University for a semester in the fall of 1982 and then North Idaho College in the spring and fall of 1983. She attended the University of Idaho in the fall of 1984 and spring of 1985, and attended Matanuska-Susitna College in the fall of 1985. Palin returned to the University of Idaho in the spring of 1986, receiving her bachelor's degree in communications with an emphasis in journalism in 1987.
After graduating, she worked as a sportscaster for KTUU-TV and KTVA-TV in Anchorage, and as a sports reporter for the Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman, fulfilling an early ambition.

so to sum it up, she attended 5 (one of them twice) different colleges before getting a Communications degree.

Obama's Education:

Following high school, Obama moved to Los Angeles in 1979 to attend Occidental College.
Later in 1981 he transferred to Columbia University in New York City, where he majored in political science with a specialty in international relations and graduated with a B.A. in 1983. In late 1988, Obama entered Harvard Law School. He was selected as an editor of the Harvard Law Review at the end of his first year, and president of the journal in his second year. He graduated with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) magna cum laude from Harvard in 1991

so to sum this one up, starts at Occidental, finishes at Columbia with a degree in political science then graduates magna cum laude with a law degree (J.D.) from harvard.

not to knock the University of Idaho, but it sure as hell isnt Occidental, Columbia or Harvard.

now why do people think she is qualified to be president????? :cuckoo:

Her education is easy to "prove". You can get access to "her records".
Her experience: join PTA, not satisfied with changes
get elected mayor (not by sneaky disqualification of opponent in court)
get elected governor
True, she is not "textbook" qualified. Unfortunately, she seems to be the only one out there that is even trying to communicate with the working people of this country. Other "politicians" (from both sides) are busy looking down their noses at the masses and declaring 'they know' what is best for all. Palin doesn't do that.

Now explain to mean how Obama 'was' qualified to become President: there is no access to any of his past records
he hated working in public (that is the producing) sector
he stated if there was a confrontation between citizens and muslims, he would be on the muslims side (no questions, no qualifiers), in his book
he was a community organizer: he threatened people with bodily harm and destruction of property thru rioters if he didn't get his way
he was a state politician that voted "present" rather than make a statement of who he was (except when he voted to force medical providers to leave abortion survivors to die, because that was the mother's wish)
he used the court to eliminate his competition, sneaky, sneaky
he lied about who he was and is to the American people to win the election (not just about his campaign promises)
Based on his qualifications, he has proven himself to be a liar and a fraud, yet, the 'ivy league' voters and the ones with very low reading levels came to agreement, and said yes, this is the man we can believe in, he is everything we believe in: lies (maybe the requirement to get thru ivy league) and a fraud (maybe the requirement to suck off the American taxpayer thru handouts)?

Yes, Palin is lacking, but she looks like a giant standing next to the one holding the office.

President's are not required to release transcripts. but did you not realize he graduated magna cum lade from Harvard law? do you even know what the means? and W did not release his either. does that all of a sudden make him unqualified to be president? were you crying back then because he didnt do the same?

now go back and read my post about how Palin left Wasilla with a $20M debt when she left office. and how she left the state of Alaska with a 70% GDP to Debt ratio when "quit" as governor without even completing one term. yeah that the person i want to lead my country. someone who quits when things get difficult.

this line is a flat out lie. nice propaganda. (and seeing as how ive actually read his book, maybe you would be wise to educate yourself and read it as well)
"he stated if there was a confrontation between citizens and muslims, he would be on the muslims side (no questions, no qualifiers), in his book"

KSFO's Rodgers: Obama "admits in one of his own books" that he would "stand with the Muslims" against "the Western world." Repeating a false allegation from a chain email, Lee Rodgers falsely claimed Obama "admits in one of his own books" that "in case of a confrontation between the Western world and the Islamic world, he will stand with the Muslims." In fact, what Obama wrote in his 2006 book, The Audacity of Hope, according to FactCheck.org, "is that he would stand with American immigrants from Pakistan or Arab countries should they be faced with something like the forced detention of Japanese-American families in World War II."
Behind the Obama Muslim myth stands the right wing

so why hasnt anyone since Truman been elected president without a college degree?
Irrelevant to the point that where you went to school doesnt make in any way necessarily make you qualified to be President, in relative or absolute terms.

way to ignore the entire rest of my post and argument. and you have a law degree? i pity your clients. that is if you actually have any.

way to ignore the entire rest of my post and argument...
Your argument is that becae The Obama went to Harvard Law, he is, on that alone, necessarily better qualified to be Predient than Palin.

Hogwash. The Obama's education was -wasted- on HIm.
You should try to be less impressed by bright shiny object.s

Forum List

Back