The earth is how old?

3 Dear friends, this is now my second letter to you. I have written both of them as reminders to stimulate you to wholesome thinking. 2 I want you to recall the words spoken in the past by the holy prophets and the command given by our Lord and Savior through your apostles.

3 Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4 They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.” 5 But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6 By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.[a]

I don't know how old the Earth is, and neither do you. Hell, we can't even agree on who's timetable we're measuring with!

Yea, who cares about the debt, unemployment, wars and the growth of government? It's how old you think the earth might be that's REALLY important....:doubt:

Rubio is supposed to be the great hope of the GObP future and yet, he said this -

... I think that's a dispute amongst theologians ...

The pubs aren't gonna learn from their drubbing that they need intelligent and educated candidates to run against the intelligent and educated Ds. They're just gonna keep running the flat earther bible thumpers and prove that Santorum was right that 'they'll never get the smart ones'.

Your belief that Democrats are intelligent and educated is hysterical. Really?

StupidDem2.jpg

Nancy%2BPelosi%2B-%2BStupid.JPG

sheila-jackson-lee1.jpg

timthumb.php

God created the earth in 1956

thats what he told Jimmy Swaggert because Jimmy would not buy the 4.5 Billion years.....so he said OK....it is 6,000 years old.....Jimmy was still confused.....so he said how about 1956?......Jimmy said....fucking Falwell was right....

If Rubio knows the Earth is around 4.5 billion years old, then his response is an example of everything that is wrong with the GOP.

Coddling stupid idiots, whether they be birthers or conspiracy nutters or Young Earth Creationists, in order to get their votes while alienating the thinking population is a losing proposition. Is he so retarded that he did not get that message from the election?

I think that's exactly what he was trying to do and you're right, it was completely stupid. The number of people out there who actually believe the earth is 6,000 or 9,000 or what ever years old is such a small minority who gives a shit how they feel about his answer. Those people are still going to vote him anyway, so why is he so concerned.

wait a minute Taz,,,,Dean said just about every Republican/Conservative believes that.....he said Pat Robertson said that, so all of them must believe that....Dean knows Republicans.....:eusa_eh:

Rubio ignites debate with answer about creationism – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

SMH
Republicans better change there way of thinking if they want a shot at 2016. If you think the Earth is 6-10,000 years old, well, you are an idiot. This creationist BS is one of the reasons why I dont consider myself a Republican. I lean right, but with thinking like this(also abortion etc), why I dont brand myself Republican. I know all Republicans don't think like this, but it is also kinda "automatic"? when you think about that party. To me anyways..
Rubio made a fool of himself to appeal to the fringe of his party. I hope folks remember in 2016.

Rubio ignites debate with answer about creationism – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

SMH
Republicans better change there way of thinking if they want a shot at 2016. If you think the Earth is 6-10,000 years old, well, you are an idiot. This creationist BS is one of the reasons why I dont consider myself a Republican. I lean right, but with thinking like this(also abortion etc), why I dont brand myself Republican. I know all Republicans don't think like this, but it is also kinda "automatic"? when you think about that party. To me anyways..

Let's see, you aren't a republican because you think republicans think that the world is 10,000 years old. Another union based education success story.

It was one of my examples. I said not all republicans. Did you read what I wrote?

Well, besides religious bigotry what other examples do you have?

SMH
Rubio made a fool of himself to appeal to the fringe of his party. I hope folks remember in 2016.

My bet is that this won't be the last time he says something this stupid.

Why do you find it necessary to post deliberately misleading "information?" If you actually read the attached article, you would have found that Rubio said nothing of the kind about the earth being 6-10,000 years old. In fact, he was referring to the allegorical nature of the Bible, where a "day" could mean a billion years. (Days hadn't yet been created.)

Sadly, disseminating this kind of misinformation is typical of Obama supporters.

If you would have read what I wrote, I didnt say anything about Rubio. I was just using that article as a base. I am not an obama supporter btw. I cant stand that scum!

negged & put on ignore :cool:

why?.....because he called Obama a scum?......:eusa_eh:

His EXACT words...
“I’m not a scientist, man. I can tell you what recorded history says, I can tell you what the Bible says, but I think that’s a dispute amongst theologians and I think it has nothing to do with the gross domestic product or economic growth of the United States,” Rubio told GQ. “I think the age of the universe has zero to do with how our economy is going to grow. I’m not a scientist. I don’t think I’m qualified to answer a question like that.”

What the FUCK are you idiots going on about?

SMH

My bet is that this won't be the last time he says something this stupid.

well look at how many stupid things you have said.....see your no better than anyone else,even though you think you are.....

Americans rate last in science and math. A large part of the reason is the willful ignorance of Creationists and other people who think scientific fact disproves their sky pixie.

From the looks of it there is a lot of willful ignorance to go around. Scientific fact is a rather large body of information --- 99.9999999999% of which almost all agree on, including Christians. Maybe you need to grasp reality if you really want to improve our childrens' math and science scores. Hint: Obama's assurance that more money will solve the problem is pretty lame.

But fyi, if evolution happened and not creationism, it was still done by the hand of our "sky pixie" so your argument bears no value.

No, you can really have evolution without a sky pixie.. that's my point.

If you understood science, you'd know this.

Most people or circles I am aware of who do not believe life evolved but was created as complete species by God do not ascribe to a young earth contention as well. So in all those cases you cannot call it "creationist B.S." because we all say the earth is less than 10,000 years old. In fact, I do not doubt for a second that God could not have commanded life to come about via evolution, not at all. The reasons I reject evolution is because your evidence is weak. The fossils are against you. Plus everything is so nice and tidy since man has been around... how convenient.

But like I said, I really don't care if they teach evolution in schools or not, just don't you all try to sell us there was no intelligent designer. I cannot deal with irrational thought.

And if you think abortion is another silly affair, well, I wouldn't worry to much about being wrong on evolution, that one is no sin.

(just my opinion or beliefs)

Evolutionary theory does not explain the creation of life, it can not.

Americans rate last in science and math. A large part of the reason is the willful ignorance of Creationists ...

No it's not.

Incredible, the liberals have a lock on education and when it fails they flail at others. Simply amazing. But they are winning because they have been able to dumb down so many into believing their stuff doesn't stink.

Most people or circles I am aware of who do not believe life evolved but was created as complete species by God do not ascribe to a young earth contention as well. So in all those cases you cannot call it "creationist B.S." because we all say the earth is less than 10,000 years old. In fact, I do not doubt for a second that God could not have commanded life to come about via evolution, not at all. The reasons I reject evolution is because your evidence is weak. The fossils are against you. Plus everything is so nice and tidy since man has been around... how convenient.

But like I said, I really don't care if they teach evolution in schools or not, just don't you all try to sell us there was no intelligent designer. I cannot deal with irrational thought.

And if you think abortion is another silly affair, well, I wouldn't worry to much about being wrong on evolution, that one is no sin.

But it does.

No it doesn't.

Abiogenesis explains the creation of life. That's a totally different theory.

Please show me where the THEORY of Abiogenesis has ANY supporting facts or data?

That's like saying "I had this big box of watch parts, see, and I threw it across the room against the wall, and "Voila!, I had a new Rolex!"

Last edited:
Most people or circles I am aware of who do not believe life evolved but was created as complete species by God do not ascribe to a young earth contention as well. So in all those cases you cannot call it "creationist B.S." because we all say the earth is less than 10,000 years old. In fact, I do not doubt for a second that God could not have commanded life to come about via evolution, not at all. The reasons I reject evolution is because your evidence is weak. The fossils are against you.

The problem is, why would The Sky PIxie (I refuse to call such a delusion "God") go through all that trouble. Why not just zap eeverything into being with his final model?

Plus everything is so nice and tidy since man has been around... how convenient.

Not really. We are just starting to understand man's role in evolution, actually. For instance, the American Extinction event, where Smilodons and Mastodons became extinct in North America after the first humans arrived shows that humans were a disruptive force. The same can be said of the extinction of marsupial megafauna in Australia after the first people arrived.

No, what you can't deal with is that there probably isn't anything special about you. YOu are just another animal living on this planet. You're evolutionary curse is being conscious of it. But there's no real evidence of an "intelligent designer" at all.

There is actually an atheistic argument to be made against abortion. If the fetus feels pain, abortion is cruel.

It's just trumped by the pragmatic argument. As long as you have to grow fetuses in women, they are the ultimate arbiters of the issue. Always have been, always will be.

Americans rate last in science and math. A large part of the reason is the willful ignorance of Creationists ...

No it's not.

Uh, yeah, it is.

For instance, because the State of Texas is the biggest buyer of textbooks in the country, textbook publishers downplay evolution in textbooks, lest they offend bible thumping morons living in texas.

So the whole country is dragged down by the stupidity of a state that would elect George W. Bush AND Rick Perry.

Forum List

Back