The earth is how old?

Yea, who cares about the debt, unemployment, wars and the growth of government? It's how old you think the earth might be that's REALLY important....:doubt:

Actually, It does say a lot.

it tells me about the man's reasoning skills.

To be a Young Earth Creationist, you have to ignore a LOT of evidence to validate your world-view.

You pretty much have to pretend there were no dinosaurs.

So if Rubio isn't just sucking up to the Rubes and really, really thinks the world is only 6000 years old, then I have to honestly wonder how he is going to address other issues... Ones that require looking at data, analyzing evidence and making decisions.

Now if he had actually said any of what you just spewed you would be on to something but he did not quit the fucking lying. Here is the quote from the OP, and remember this is the Huffy post which ain't exactly non-partisan.

"I'm not a scientist, man. I can tell you what recorded history says, I can tell you what the Bible says, but I think that's a dispute amongst theologians and I think it has nothing to do with the gross domestic product or economic growth of the United States," Rubio told GQ's Michael Hainey. "I don't think I'm qualified to answer a question like that. At the end of the day, I think there are multiple theories out there on how the universe was created and I think this is a country where people should have the opportunity to teach them all."

Rubio continued, refusing to take a stance on the planet's age, which scientists have long estimated at 4.54 billion years.

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that," he said. "It's one of the great mysteries."

Now what exactly do you find so damn damnable? Now let me ask you how old the Earth really is. Not what you read on some Internet site but how old do YOU know the Earth to be. Science says 4.5 billion but that only holds is everything we know about radiometric dating is absolutely true, maybe the world is only 3 billion years old, you got proof it is not? Rubio never put a time line on the answer.

Americans rate last in science and math. A large part of the reason is the willful ignorance of Creationists ...

No it's not.

Uh, yeah, it is.

For instance, because the State of Texas is the biggest buyer of textbooks in the country, textbook publishers downplay evolution in textbooks, lest they offend bible thumping morons living in texas.

So the whole country is dragged down by the stupidity of a state that would elect George W. Bush AND Rick Perry.

You are quite the religious bigot but thas seems to be the way with the liberal left. Closed mindedness seems to be the order of the day for liberals.

Evolution is not a science it is a theory. It serves absolutely no purpose, it is merely an attempt to explain the diversity of life, not the creation of life. The fact that the liberal left tries to twist the theory into what they demand everyone to believe is disingenuous.

If you don't like what Texas teaches then just stay out of Texas.

Americans rate last in science and math. A large part of the reason is the willful ignorance of Creationists ...

No it's not.

Uh, yeah, it is.

For instance, because the State of Texas is the biggest buyer of textbooks in the country, textbook publishers downplay evolution in textbooks, lest they offend bible thumping morons living in texas.

So the whole country is dragged down by the stupidity of a state that would elect George W. Bush AND Rick Perry.

Evolution is not downplayed in the textbooks used by the vast majority of students in public schools in the US. Now prove, if you can, that American students' ranking in math and science relative to students in other countries is attributable to creationists. Go ahead.

Most people or circles I am aware of who do not believe life evolved but was created as complete species by God do not ascribe to a young earth contention as well. So in all those cases you cannot call it "creationist B.S." because we all say the earth is less than 10,000 years old. In fact, I do not doubt for a second that God could not have commanded life to come about via evolution, not at all. The reasons I reject evolution is because your evidence is weak. The fossils are against you. Plus everything is so nice and tidy since man has been around... how convenient.

This is the post of someone who has never studied evolution or the scientific method. It's a blast of ignorance.

But like I said, I really don't care if they teach evolution in schools or not, just don't you all try to sell us there was no intelligent designer. I cannot deal with irrational thought.

God theology belongs in Church, not in a beaker.

Most people or circles I am aware of who do not believe life evolved but was created as complete species by God do not ascribe to a young earth contention as well. So in all those cases you cannot call it "creationist B.S." because we all say the earth is less than 10,000 years old. In fact, I do not doubt for a second that God could not have commanded life to come about via evolution, not at all. The reasons I reject evolution is because your evidence is weak. The fossils are against you. Plus everything is so nice and tidy since man has been around... how convenient.

But like I said, I really don't care if they teach evolution in schools or not, just don't you all try to sell us there was no intelligent designer. I cannot deal with irrational thought.

And if you think abortion is another silly affair, well, I wouldn't worry to much about being wrong on evolution, that one is no sin.

(just my opinion or beliefs)

Evolutionary theory does not explain the creation of life, it can not.

No it doesn't.

Abiogenesis explains the creation of life. That's a totally different theory.

Are you seriously tell me that Abiogenesis, TODAY, explains the creation of life without doubt? You must believe that because that is what you just posted. Of course you know that is completely wrong. Abiogenesis is and ATTEMPT to explain the creation of life, but so far it does not.

Panspermia makes more sense.

One of the truly great things about America is that I don't have to believe in your God, and you don't have to believe in mine.

If you don't have falsifiable, repeatable evidence, keep your brand out of where it does not belong.

And if you think abortion is another silly affair, well, I wouldn't worry to much about being wrong on evolution, that one is no sin.

(just my opinion or beliefs)

Evolutionary theory does not explain the creation of life, it can not.
But it does.

Your liberal buddy seems to disagree, as did Darwin.

One of the truly great things about America is that I don't have to believe in your God, and you don't have to believe in mine.

If you don't have falsifiable, repeatable evidence, keep your brand out of where it does not belong.

Hmmm does evolutionary theory have falsifiable, repeatable evidence (proof)?

If Rubio knows the Earth is around 4.5 billion years old, then his response is an example of everything that is wrong with the GOP.

Coddling stupid idiots, whether they be birthers or conspiracy nutters or Young Earth Creationists, in order to get their votes while alienating the thinking population is a losing proposition. Is he so retarded that he did not get that message from the election?

I think that's exactly what he was trying to do and you're right, it was completely stupid. The number of people out there who actually believe the earth is 6,000 or 9,000 or what ever years old is such a small minority who gives a shit how they feel about his answer. Those people are still going to vote him anyway, so why is he so concerned.

56% of Americans think the earth is about 10,000 years old.

B. Creationism, that is, the idea that God created human beings pretty much in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years

Definitely true 39%

Probably true 17%

Probably alse 16%

Definitely false 15%

No opinion 3%

2007 Jun 1-3

Evolution, Creationism, Intelligent Design

If Rubio knows the Earth is around 4.5 billion years old, then his response is an example of everything that is wrong with the GOP.

Coddling stupid idiots, whether they be birthers or conspiracy nutters or Young Earth Creationists, in order to get their votes while alienating the thinking population is a losing proposition. Is he so retarded that he did not get that message from the election?

I think that's exactly what he was trying to do and you're right, it was completely stupid. The number of people out there who actually believe the earth is 6,000 or 9,000 or what ever years old is such a small minority who gives a shit how they feel about his answer. Those people are still going to vote him anyway, so why is he so concerned.

56% of Americans think the earth is about 10,000 years old.

B. Creationism, that is, the idea that God created human beings pretty much in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years

Definitely true 39%

Probably true 17%

Probably alse 16%

Definitely false 15%

No opinion 3%

2007 Jun 1-3

Evolution, Creationism, Intelligent Design

Did you read what you posted and what the questions below what you posted asked? They are not the same.

Rubio was dancing around the question because he doesn't want to offend the fundies. One thing I have to agree with is that the Republican Party doesn't need any more fundies running for office. They are going to destroy the party with their idiocies about creationism and abortion.

pretending?

or does he not want to offend normal people by not acknowledging how old the earth is?

either way.... it isn't pretty.

time for you guys to cut loose your radical religious right loony toons.

Maybe you should do little Torah studying yourself, what are years? Who determines that? My own beliefs and that of many Jews is that Adam and Eve was the beginning of civilization, the ability of man to choose between right and wrong. There are many other views, the way we calculate the years etc...

Last edited:
How exactly does the age of the earth influence someones knowledge in economics, politics, and government?

How exactly does the age of the earth influence someones knowledge in economics, politics, and government?

It's just a means of attack and discredit they are starting on Rubio already, it won't work on him though, Rubio is real conservative and can articulate it and explain it better than most

Last edited:

No it's not.

You're correct. We're 25th in Math and 17th in Science.
South Korea is 1st in Math, Finland is 1st in Science.

We're not the worst, we're basically middle of the road. I don't like that. I think we can do better.

SOURCE: World education rankings: which country does best at reading, maths and science? | News | guardian.co.uk

It isn't the age of the earth that influences such ability. It is the inability to grasp or unwillingness to accept facts.

The earth was not created by any god. If you believe it was, you are not to be trusted with making decisions of any real importance.

No it's not.

You're correct. We're 25th in Math and 17th in Science.
South Korea is 1st in Math, Finland is 1st in Science.

We're not the worst, we're basically middle of the road. I don't like that. I think we can do better.

SOURCE: World education rankings: which country does best at reading, maths and science? | News | guardian.co.uk

Yep, and we used to lead the world in both, BEFORE the Godless liberals infested the education system with their atheistic crap.

It isn't the age of the earth that influences such ability. It is the inability to grasp or unwillingness to accept facts.

The earth was not created by any god. If you believe it was, you are not to be trusted with making decisions of any real importance.

So in your 'enlightened' mind, only atheists can be 'trusted'?

You do know that Obama believes the Earth was created by God, don't you?

Last edited:

Cut the stupid fucks loose. They will either catch up or evolution will take care of them.

If Rubio believes the Earth is 6,000 years old, then we are even more fucked.

And this, in essence, is what’s wrong with the GOP:

Relatively normal, intelligent people intimidated by morons.

Forum List

Back