The earth is how old?

[

To worship God. Not to badger Him for what you want. Read the Bible once in a while. It is quite clear on what Christians are supposed to do. God does not exist as your geni in a bottle to give you things. YOU exist to please God, not the other way around. God does not run around the world saying "I better start giving humanity what it wants or they won't like me anymore".

Honestly, God sounds awfully insecure in your estimation.

Why would an eternal, omnipotent, omniscient being feel the need to be "worshipped"? It's like me wanting to be worshipped by the microbes on my ass.

But yet these are the Abrahamic Religions in a nutshell. I'm God, I'm insecure, and I expect my followers to slaughter anyone who displeases me.

My only problem with Atheism is that it implicitly assumes that human beings are the highest form of intelligence in the universe.

where does it do that?

It is axiomatic that human beings are unable to comprehend an intelligence greater than their own. Aside from the fantasy of science fiction writers, we have no more idea of what a superior intelligence would be than does a dog of its master. Whether it might be 10 times or 10 million times greater than our own intelligence is indistinguishable to us.

Religion assumes the existence of a greater intelligence, which is called God. God is omnipotent and, by definition, beyond human understanding. Atheists reject the idea of omnipotence and, deductively, the existence of any intelligence greater than their own. If there was such intelligence, it would have to be considered a god, and that would defeat their original premise.

Being of a greater intelligence does not make one "God".

The Aztec thought the Spainards were Gods whenthey first arrived. They weren't. Neither would some hypothetically more advanced race.

They'd just be someone with better technology.

where does it do that?

It is axiomatic that human beings are unable to comprehend an intelligence greater than their own. Aside from the fantasy of science fiction writers, we have no more idea of what a superior intelligence would be than does a dog of its master. Whether it might be 10 times or 10 million times greater than our own intelligence is indistinguishable to us.

Religion assumes the existence of a greater intelligence, which is called God. God is omnipotent and, by definition, beyond human understanding. Atheists reject the idea of omnipotence and, deductively, the existence of any intelligence greater than their own. If there was such intelligence, it would have to be considered a god, and that would defeat their original premise.

Being of a greater intelligence does not make one "God".

The Aztec thought the Spainards were Gods whenthey first arrived. They weren't. Neither would some hypothetically more advanced race.

They'd just be someone with better technology.

Nonresponsive. Let me ask a question: Do you believe that there is a greater intelligence in the universe than that of human beings? (Not just greater technology.) If so, please describe...

Last edited:
[

Nonresponsive. Let me ask a question: Do you believe that there is a greater intelligence in the universe than that of human beings? (Not just greater technology.) If so, please describe...

Don't know.

In fact, I don't know if there is life ANYWHERE else in the universe, for that matter. It might have only happened here. It would really depend how often the chemical reactions that create life might have happened elsewhere. I suspect it is rare, though.

I think UFO sightings - all of them - are frauds.

I don't find technology and intelligence to separate, BTW. If you popped back in time and kidnapped a baby Cro-magnon, and raised him in a nice suburban family, he'd probably turn out as smart as his classmates.

Actually, I've got a pretty good beed on things.

Didn't when I used to fall for bullshit, like voting Republican... but I think I've got it figured out.

For someone who can't spell 'bead', anyway...

Oooh, correcting my rare spelling error more than makes up for your weak arguments and dishonestly trying to make Einstein a religionist.

A sure sign of liberal dysfunction, clinging to a previously disproved accusation in order to somehow make yourself 'superior'.

Pathetic, really...

For someone who can't spell 'bead', anyway...

Oooh, correcting my rare spelling error more than makes up for your weak arguments and dishonestly trying to make Einstein a religionist.

A sure sign of liberal dysfunction, clinging to a previously disproved accusation in order to somehow make yourself 'superior'.

Pathetic, really...

You're the one who posted that idiot story trying to make Einstein a religionist, and I busted you in about four minutes.

that's what's pathetic.

Pathetic, really...

You're the one who posted that idiot story trying to make Einstein a religionist, and I busted you in about four minutes.

that's what's pathetic.

Cold = the absence of heat

Darkness = the absence of light

Evil = the absence of God

Nothing idiotic about it, Joe.

And just for the record, you lying hack piece of shit, I discounted the attribution in the original post.

Now go fuck yourself, you ignorant bitch!

[

Cold = the absence of heat

Darkness = the absence of light

Evil = the absence of God

Nothing idiotic about it, Joe.

And just for the record, you lying hack piece of shit, I discounted the attribution in the original post.

Now go fuck yourself, you ignorant bitch!

You mean after trying to attribute a fallacy to a smart person, you hedged your bets...

Because your argument is a fallacy. The absense of a Sky Pixie is not "evil".

Frankly, given how much evil has been committed in the name of God over the centuries - Jihads, Crusades, Inquisitions, Witch-burnings, etc - clearly the presense of God was actually the SOURCE of evil, not the absense of God.

Forum List

Back