The Dumpster Rapist is sorry: Blames 'Party Culture' for Sexual Assault

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Brock Turner, the former Stanford University swimmer who was convicted last week of sexually assaulting an unconscious woman on campus, blamed the “party culture” of “college life” for his actions.

Ex–Stanford Student Blames ‘Party Culture’ for Sexual Assault

And why did the media run with this picture

stanford.jpg

Instead of this one:

Brock_20Turner_20mug_20shot.0.jpg

OH, you forgot to mention the "victim" drank herself unconscious. :lmao:

Yep this story is awful.

It's why Democrats should never be allowed to appoint judges:

Judge Aaron Persky: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

So? He was appointed to the chair by Davis as a result of the previous judge leaving for the 6th Circuit Court. He has been elected to his position unopposed ever since. Let's be real: You do not really care either way. You just want to play partisan politics.

HAR HAR (not sure what that has to do with the rape part but...) HAR HAR

I agree, it's awful.

However, when kids drink with reckless abandon, worse things happen. I'm not sure that this guy was in complete control of his actions either.

We tend to blame boys, and absolve girls of all responsibility. Let's just be glad no one was driving.

Teen's Sentence in Fatal DWI Crash Sparks Ire

I agree, it's awful.

However, when kids drink with reckless abandon, worse things happen. I'm not sure that this guy was in complete control of his actions either.

We tend to blame boys, and absolve girls of all responsibility. Let's just be glad no one was driving.

I can tell you thought it was awful from your laughing. She was unconscious so she's not at fault for him being a rapist. Whether or not he was in complete control doesn't mean jack. He was in control enough to rape her behind a dumpster and run when caught.

But everyone runs when they don't know what they are doing right? Riiight

Doesn't matter, once a person is unconscious, that's that.

How "conscious" was the guy? Does he remember what was going on that night?

Conscious enough to run when confronted by the two graduate students whom decided to intercede.
In my days of youth, I've been around some serious partiers that have done some serious wacked stuff. When confronted, they also ran or ducked out. Nothing like watching freshman run from cops while holding their beers. :badgrin:

The next day, when confronted, they had hazy memories. I'm sure that his unconscious probably knew what he was doing was terrible.

I'm not defending it at all.

Please don't get me wrong.

I just don't know what went on between the two of them while they were getting tanked. I have no idea what triggered, or turned on his unconscious mind.

When terrible things happen, the boys are all to blame. A drunk girl gets tanks, leads on a guy that is blitzed out of his mind, yada yada yada. Same old song and dance.

Of course it is no excuse for this sort of action. He is being punished. She gets to act like a completely irresponsible whore. Whatever.

However, folks want to completely absolve her of irresponsible decision making, and destroy his future. Bullocks.

He's being punished, his reputation is shot.

That's not enough. Folks want blood.

How about the name of this harlot that led him on and drank herself silly? Shouldn't other men on campus know her name so they can know to avoid partying with her? She is toxic and dangerous for guys that can't hold their booze or control themselves. . . obviously.

I agree, it's awful.

I can tell you thought it was awful from your laughing. She was unconscious so she's not at fault for him being a rapist. Whether or not he was in complete control doesn't mean jack. He was in control enough to rape her behind a dumpster and run when caught.

But everyone runs when they don't know what they are doing right? Riiight

I was laughing because the way the story is presented, it is one sided.

He was WRONG.

I agree with you.

That does not however absolve her of bad decision making and immorality of her actions. Men and women are different. When alcohol is thrown into the mix, things get all thrown out of whack. Folks don't think correctly, everything is foggy. Assigning culpability becomes a dicey situation, and folks like you wish to politicize it.

You wish to apply the law and the same standards of behavior we have for sober folks, to the drunken haze that is college party life. Sorry, I just don't think it should work that way.

These kids need to grow up and not put themselves in those positions if they are going to drink. Girls, as well as boys.

I was laughing because the way the story is presented, it is one sided.

Of course it is, he was caught raping someone. Did you want information from someone other than the 2 involved? How about the guys who chased him off? There were 2 of them. Thats 4 sides.

That does not however absolve her of bad decision making and immorality of her actions.

What punishment should she face for being raped in her sleep?

Doesn't matter, once a person is unconscious, that's that.

How "conscious" was the guy? Does he remember what was going on that night?

He was conscious enough that when two guys came up to stop him, he ran away and had to be tackled. So he was sober enough to know he was wrong, and sober enough to be able to run.

When folks are blitzed, they can still drive. Often times they don't remember driving home. These same folks, when they are sober, will oft times be the same ones that tell you drinking and driving is wrong. What folks do when they are sober, and what they do when they are FUBAR is often completely at odds.

See my previous post if you don't remember the drinking scene on college campuses.

Forum List

Back