The Duggar Family Welcomes 18th Child!!!

We had another thread on a family nearly this large and several of our prominent Liberal friends INSISTED it was child abuse to have so many. That is was mental torture to have so many and that a family could not possibly be run with that many children. Some of them would be ignored or unloved.

Notice a trend? They want to control the names people can give their children and want to control how many children a family can have, resorting to claiming it is a crime to name a child what they do not like or to have more than some magic number they get to pick.

I'd like to view the craziness. Where can I find that thread?

1) I don't see how it is pathetic
2) Humans don't have litters.. they have children not animals... they have families
3) It is inherently HARDER to raise more kids... but with commitment, strong values, etc a parent of 10 can be as good to their children as a parent of 1 can be to their single child
4) I do applaud ones who have more kids and do a good job raising them to be good adults. I would not approve ones that have multiple children or huge families and do not have the commitment necessary to that family. Ones who abuse their kids, ones that have them for additional entitlement benefits etc, those are the ones to withhold applause from. Not just simply because a couple choose to have a large family that they love and enjoy.

I'm not talking about five or six kids. I have friends who have five kids and it's no issue because they can afford to maintain them, love them and give them everything a family needs. But, in this thread, we're talking about 18 kids. And it's posted as if that, in and of itself, is something to admire. I don't think it is. And I think someone who feels the need to have 18 children has something seriously wrong with them in this day and age. I do. I can't help it. It's how I feel.

That said, you are correct that someone having a small family is not guaranteed to be a great parent... or can be abusive... or neglectful. They aren't immune.

But this isn't the 1800's. That many kids isn't needed to work the land or because kids die, etc.

They want to control the names people can give their children and want to control how many children a family can have, resorting to claiming it is a crime to name a child what they do not like or to have more than some magic number they get to pick.

Can you point me to the thread where Liberals wanted to pass laws about what you could name your child?

Or, did you just imagine a thread like that existed, after a crack binge?

As long as they are not on public assistance and using a uterus as a way to increase subsidized income I couldn't give the first rats ass about how many kids this family has. if they can remain autonomous while pumping out that many kids then more power to em.

As long as they are not on public assistance and using a uterus as a way to increase subsidized income I couldn't give the first rats ass about how many kids this family has. if they can remain autonomous while pumping out that many kids then more power to em.

Spoken like a man who probably doesn't have kids of his own.

Spoken like a man who probably doesn't have kids of his own.

You are right, I don't choose to create babies for the sake of larger subsidized housing.

oh, and just so you know, babies are not gifts from god; they are the product of a sperm and an egg becoming a zygote. Every piece of human trash can manage to get, or get someone, pregnant. It's not like this is some kind of fucking miracle. It's about as miraculous as the jelly not falling out of the jar after you screw the lid back on. Breeders are no more special than any other citizen even if it makes your tits lactate to hear as much.

But, AGAIN, as long as they can stay off of government subsidies then they can have 30 more for all I care. There can be a proverbial nest of cockroach-like progeny scampering this way and that on the family compound and it wouldn't interest me in the slightest. So some chick got pregnant after fucking her husband. WOW. Someone save me a fucking newspaper headline for keepsakes.

You are right, I don't choose to create babies for the sake of larger subsidized housing.

oh, and just so you know, babies are not gifts from god; they are the product of a sperm and an egg becoming a zygote. Every piece of human trash can manage to get, or get someone, pregnant. It's not like this is some kind of fucking miracle. It's about as miraculous as the jelly not falling out of the jar after you screw the lid back on. Breeders are no more special than any other citizen even if it makes your tits lactate to hear as much.

But, AGAIN, as long as they can stay off of government subsidies then they can have 30 more for all I care. There can be a proverbial nest of cockroach-like progeny scampering this way and that on the family compound and it wouldn't interest me in the slightest. So some chick got pregnant after fucking her husband. WOW. Someone save me a fucking newspaper headline for keepsakes.

So much anger... so little time.

And if you had kids, you'd know they ARE miracles.

It's the cheapening of it by having 18 that I find so discomfiting.

It is a tragedy that you weren't a product of a loving family, even without spelling out the details of your misfortunes and your Oliver Twist-like upbringing, I can hear the anger, sadness, misery and self-deprecation that leads you to refer to children as "cockroaches" and "human trash." Oh, how many times these terms must have been applied to you by people who should have loved you. Oh, the humanity, the humanity!

It is so difficult to read what is someone's heart, but from all that is evident, it seems to be a loving family where the coin of the realm is love in every permutation and combination.

I don't get the feeling that this family has children just so you and I can give our opinions of the event.

Well, I lean more left than right, but........

If I had the money and resources I would buy a huge mansion and have all the unwanted, abused and negleted children come live with me. Seriously.

What does that make me?

A masochist?

Unless you set your wards upon the world in a petty crime spree, of course, then that makes you Fagin.

dodger-and-fagin1.jpg

And if one more homeless teen moves in with me, I might have to resort to that modus operandi myself.

Come on Jillian!!! What greater purpose in life is there than having 18 kids to score brownie points with God?

:rofl:

It is a tragedy that you weren't a product of a loving family, even without spelling out the details of your misfortunes and your Oliver Twist-like upbringing, I can hear the anger, sadness, misery and self-deprecation that leads you to refer to children as "cockroaches" and "human trash." Oh, how many times these terms must have been applied to you by people who should have loved you. Oh, the humanity, the humanity!

you can spare me the dimestore psych. To imagine that every human who fucks is a marvel of humanity is a crazy leap of faith. Again, it doesn't take much to get pregnant or to get someone pregnant. Less people can build their own computer than can manage to stick a dick into a receiving pussy. If you don't comprehend the cockroach analogy in regards to the amount of kids these people chose to have then so be it. Would you have felt better if I referred to something soft and furry like rabbits? If you don't think there is such a thing as human trash, trash that can manage to get pregnant even, then you might wanna step out of your bubble and discover reality. We are not all noble, worthwhile creatures that quest like Odysseus to get preggers.

It is so difficult to read what is someone's heart, but from all that is evident, it seems to be a loving family where the coin of the realm is love in every permutation and combination.

I don't get the feeling that this family has children just so you and I can give our opinions of the event.

You wouldn't know from an article what their coin of the realm is. I can tell you I've never been involved in anything that was covered by a newspaper that got it's facts right.

And you obviously feel that you wanted to state a positive opinion, or you wouldn't have created a thread on it. Now, that's fine. You're certainly entitled to your opinion. But that also opens it up for me to give my opinion of the event.

And I guess I don't feel someone having an 18th child is anything to be applauded.

Forum List

Back