The dreaded gay-wedding-cake saga ends: bakers must pay 135 K

I believe you can still apply for a business license after one has been revoked, but in most states, I believe there is a waiting period of at least a year when you break the law before you can request another one. :D Have fun.

NOT when you open up a business. Then you follow secular law.

Well that's too bad for you. Because we are going do business, and we will not follow your secular laws on this matter.

So now what?

No, it's too bad for you, because you will be sued and probably go out of business. Then I suppose you would be here, crying. :oops: Waaa, the government won't allow me to discriminate against the people I don't like!!! *stomps feet, takes ball and goes home*

No, not likely. Memorize Pizza collected over a million. Sweet Cakes collected over $300,000 (so far).

And they are both still in business, and continue to practice their faith.

If I go out of business, I'll just start up somewhere else.

Years ago in my parents church, there were a couple that decided to rent out an apartment over their garage. However, they decided they only wanted committed Christians in their apartment. Specifically boys and girls going to Christian colleges.

They rant that ad in the paper for years. Then some pagans complained (because the rent was really cheap). They ignored them until lawyers got involved.

Did they stop renting it out to Christians only? Nope. They just circulated the ads in Christian fliers, and churches, and Christian publications.

They never stopped practicing their faith up to the day they went home to be with the Lord.

You can't stop us darling. You never will.

Like I said... Christians have been dying for their faith for thousands of years. Your little law suits, and little fines, and such.... not a problem. We will handle that, and far more.

Well, go ahead and do what you must, but you will not change the laws, and people (no matter who they are) are going to be fined for breaking laws. That's the way we do things here in America. Just because your a Christian, we don't recognize that you have any religious right to be an asshole. :D

I have no intention of trying to tell you how to live your life.

The 'asshole' is the one trying to tell others how they must live their lives, and how they must run their business, and who they must serve.

Which one is doing that? I don't care about your laws of the land. We already covered that.

You are just a church lady. :D You and KGirl, two peas in the pod.

Well that's too bad for you. Because we are going do business, and we will not follow your secular laws on this matter.

So now what?

No, it's too bad for you, because you will be sued and probably go out of business. Then I suppose you would be here, crying. :oops: Waaa, the government won't allow me to discriminate against the people I don't like!!! *stomps feet, takes ball and goes home*

No, not likely. Memorize Pizza collected over a million. Sweet Cakes collected over $300,000 (so far).

And they are both still in business, and continue to practice their faith.

If I go out of business, I'll just start up somewhere else.

Years ago in my parents church, there were a couple that decided to rent out an apartment over their garage. However, they decided they only wanted committed Christians in their apartment. Specifically boys and girls going to Christian colleges.

They rant that ad in the paper for years. Then some pagans complained (because the rent was really cheap). They ignored them until lawyers got involved.

Did they stop renting it out to Christians only? Nope. They just circulated the ads in Christian fliers, and churches, and Christian publications.

They never stopped practicing their faith up to the day they went home to be with the Lord.

You can't stop us darling. You never will.

Like I said... Christians have been dying for their faith for thousands of years. Your little law suits, and little fines, and such.... not a problem. We will handle that, and far more.

Well, go ahead and do what you must, but you will not change the laws, and people (no matter who they are) are going to be fined for breaking laws. That's the way we do things here in America. Just because your a Christian, we don't recognize that you have any religious right to be an asshole. :D

I have no intention of trying to tell you how to live your life.

The 'asshole' is the one trying to tell others how they must live their lives, and how they must run their business, and who they must serve.

Which one is doing that? I don't care about your laws of the land. We already covered that.

Well, I certainly hope that your religion does not require you to drive on the southbound lane going northbound on the expressway....

"They have gay sex, so we hate them!" :lol: Grow up, children.
Amazing how not wanting to have one's personal lifestyle imposed on others is characterized as "hating" them. Perhaps you don't know what hate is.

I know, the pagans and the gays and the blacks, they are coming for your SOUL! Mwa-ha-ha!
giggle.gif

Amazing how not wanting to have one's personal lifestyle imposed on others is characterized as "hating" them. Perhaps you don't know what hate is.

I know, the pagans and the gays and the blacks, they are coming for your SOUL! Mwa-ha-ha!
giggle.gif

Which doesn't change the fact you have no idea what hate is. You think it's anyone who disagrees with you and the homosexual agenda and you don't conceive of the possibility that anyone can disagree with your political regime without any hatred. At best that makes you unsophisticated, at worst it makes you the originator of the hate you seem to see in everyone else.

Oh, I forgot. Only left-wingers can ever play the victim? Must have missed that in the forum rules.

Sorry Sensei. I'm not as experienced as you, but I'll learn.

Okay, here's the first lesson, Daniel-san. You don't get to play victim when you've created your own problem.

Here's a list of things the Kleins could have done.

1) They could have baked the fucking cake.
2) They could have come up with some other excuse for not baking the cake that didn't involve hurling homophobic epitaths at their customer.
3) They could have refrained from orchestrating a hate campaign against this couple on social media.
4) They could have gotten out of the Wedding Cake Business altogether once it was clear that gay marriage was legal.

In short, they put themselves in the position they are in. NO one put them in it.

Yes they could bowed to public pressure and violated their religious beliefs. We already know they could have done that, under the gun of public demand.

Like blaming a woman for rape. Should have just agreed to have sex. It's her fault for not just doing what she was told.

Lying is also not an option. That defeats the entire purpose. The point is to follow their religious views.

Nor should they need to come up with lies to practice their faith, in a country supposedly founded on religious freedom.

Yeah, they could have left the cake business... that's your version of religious freedom eh? You have the freedom to leave whenever we decide to violate your freedom?

In short, you came up with a dozen rationalizations to violate these people's religious freedom, and blame them for it.

Thanks, but you are dismissed. :)
Because it's bullshit ... they violate their religious beliefs all the time. Any wedding cakes they've ever sold to any non-Christian couple, violated their religious beliefs. Obviously, they used their religion to shield their bigotry against homosexuals.

Not your call, thought cop.
Tell that to the Kleins'. :lol:

giggle.gif

Which doesn't change the fact you have no idea what hate is. You think it's anyone who disagrees with you and the homosexual agenda and you don't conceive of the possibility that anyone can disagree with your political regime without any hatred. At best that makes you unsophisticated, at worst it makes you the originator of the hate you seem to see in everyone else.

Sure I do. People who think they are "too good" to serve other people because of their religious views are quite hateful human beings, and miserable too by the sounds of it.

And where in the bible does it mention homosexuals anyway? Quote it. And why do you all think God needs your help anyway? Isn't it up to God to pass judgement on people? You guys are just mere mortals. I don't think God is going to approve. :D Lol.

Oh, I forgot. Only left-wingers can ever play the victim? Must have missed that in the forum rules.

Okay, here's the first lesson, Daniel-san. You don't get to play victim when you've created your own problem.

2) They could have come up with some other excuse for not baking the cake that didn't involve hurling homophobic epitaths at their customer.
3) They could have refrained from orchestrating a hate campaign against this couple on social media.
4) They could have gotten out of the Wedding Cake Business altogether once it was clear that gay marriage was legal.

In short, they put themselves in the position they are in. NO one put them in it.

Yes they could bowed to public pressure and violated their religious beliefs. We already know they could have done that, under the gun of public demand.

Like blaming a woman for rape. Should have just agreed to have sex. It's her fault for not just doing what she was told.

Lying is also not an option. That defeats the entire purpose. The point is to follow their religious views.

Nor should they need to come up with lies to practice their faith, in a country supposedly founded on religious freedom.

Yeah, they could have left the cake business... that's your version of religious freedom eh? You have the freedom to leave whenever we decide to violate your freedom?

In short, you came up with a dozen rationalizations to violate these people's religious freedom, and blame them for it.

Because it's bullshit ... they violate their religious beliefs all the time. Any wedding cakes they've ever sold to any non-Christian couple, violated their religious beliefs. Obviously, they used their religion to shield their bigotry against homosexuals.

What violates my beliefs is between me, my Bible, my Church, and G-d.

Not some random pagan that thinks he can tell me what my faith is.

Pagan: "Your Bible is wrong, and made up, and your god is a myth.... and you are a hypocrite because I've read your Bible and you are not following it!"

Christian: "Let me get this straight.... You are mad and calling me a hypocrite, because I have not followed your private interpretation of a book you think is full of errors, completely made up, about a god you deny exists?"

Am I the only one that finds that funny? :p

Here... Look up this phrase "Credibility gap"
No, what's funny is you think I'm a pagan. :cuckoo:

Not your call, thought cop.
Tell that to the Kleins'. :lol:

The Kleins haven't paid a cent so far and their business continues. :laugh:

giggle.gif

Sure I do. People who think they are "too good" to serve other people because of their religious views are quite hateful human beings, and miserable too by the sounds of it.

That's your misguided opinion fueled by your own bigotry and hatred. From their point of view, they don't hate anybody but cannot do something that violates their conscience. That isn't hate. What you're doing is hate.

Pagan: "Your Bible is wrong, and made up, and your god is a myth.... and you are a hypocrite because I've read your Bible and you are not following it!"

Christian: "Let me get this straight.... You are mad and calling me a hypocrite, because I have not followed your private interpretation of a book you think is full of errors, completely made up, about a god you deny exists?"

So now what?

Translation: Waaaaa!!!!! Somebody doesn't agree with me so the Government needs to Make Them Think Like I Do, or DESTROY them. Waaaaa!!!!! I can't handle any viewpoints different than my own. Waaaaa!!!!!! I can't be bothered to find another bakery so Waaa!!!!! The Government should shut down the bakery that doesn't agree with me. Waaaaaa!!!!!

Hey, the point here is that government doesn't recognize discrimination as a religious custom or practice. In the eyes of the law, we are ALL Americans. Gay people are taxpaying American citizens, and you don't have any "right" to limit or restrict where they do business.

No, the point here is that anyone who doesn't kowtow to the proper Government Approved GroupThink will be beaten into submission.

You loons recognize NO INDIVIDUAL BOUNDARIES FOR OTHERS. So, it will be quite a spectacle of Karmic Justice when you offend the Protected Class du Jour, as will inevitably happen given the current trajectory.

What makes you think your interpretation is any better?

Doesn't matter. You are a pagan. I couldn't possibly care less what you think about my faith. On a list of authority about Christian faith, you don't even exist.

If a Christian preacher were to talk to me, I'd have to consider it. You? I just laugh. Leave a smiley face :D and move on!

Jesus Christ as god on Earth and the trinity. Are these things that have been normal part of Christianity since the beginning?

Doesn't matter. You are a pagan. I couldn't possibly care less what you think about my faith. On a list of authority about Christian faith, you don't even exist.

If a Christian preacher were to talk to me, I'd have to consider it. You? I just laugh. Leave a smiley face :D and move on!

Jesus Christ as god on Earth and the trinity. Are these things that have been normal part of Christianity since the beginning?

Yes.

Yes.

No. There were many beliefs in the first 300-400 years of Christianity regarding Jesus and the so-called 'trinity'. Many didn't believe this at all. Many in the church thought Jesus was just a human that spoke well.

Roman emporer Constantine, in 325 AD (the Council of Nicea), gathered together Bishops from around the Roman empire because there were so many varying beliefs on whether Jesus was the 'son of god' or just a man and many other questions regarding deity re Jesus.

These Bishops then VOTED on what would be Christian dogma, i.e. that Jesus would be thought of as deity rather than a man. It was rule of the majority. It had nothing to do with 'godly inspiration'. The views of the minority were crushed and expelled.

It would be similar to Bishops from Protestants, Catholics, Baptists, Prebyterians, Calvinists and every other Christian sect having a meeting and voting on which single sect would be the winner and be taught as the official dogma of the church. The losers views discarded as rubbish. It was worse then because different sects would actually war on each other for their differing beliefs. More like what we see in the split in Islam in the middle east today.

Made absolute law by a Roman emporer, voted on by human beings. It wasn't divinely inspired. It was human politics, and the losers beliefs were crushed.

Add to this that there were many books that were left out of the bible. If they are inspired by god, what would you call it when humans reject god's word and decide what is and isn't contained in the bible?

This is what you believe is rock solid and has always been. It hasn't. Christianity is a mess of political forcing and compromise all along the way, as are all religions.

Many atheists know more about your religion than you ever will.

And I'm not a pagan, that seems to be your pet word for 'other'. I'm an agnostic.

It took the church over 300 years to figure out how God could be One (as declared by Jews) and the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, all at once. They finally just decided to call God the "Trinity", which means that he is one, and three all at once, which, of course, makes no sense at all..

Forum List

Back