The dreaded gay-wedding-cake saga ends: bakers must pay 135 K

SMH. I cannot believe someone would be proud to say they are a bigot. I would think that is something you want to avoid being. These people cannot be true Christians. If they are, then Christianity is a pretty bad thing, not a whole lot better than Islam in a lot of ways, IMO. Wonder what would happen to people if they had their way and there was nobody to stop them?

So your version of Christianity has Christians being no different than the rest of the world, and if they don't share worldly values, then they aren't Christian?

You noticed that too. It's always ironic to me when pagans claim we're not following Christian belief, and then claim we should act exactly like them.

At what point do pagans notice their own irony?

"You Christians are all hypocrites because you don't follow your own belief system.... and all you Christians which follow your belief system are terrible people."

Pagans?? Lol! :lol: You are such a dork.

Yes Pagan. That's not an insult. It's just what most people on this thread are.

They are not Christian. Not Jewish. Not Islamist.

Pagan. Infidel, or non-believer. Someone who doesn't subscribe to of the three main world religions. Or mosaic religion. (religion based on the prophet Moses).

It's not an insult. An 'atheist' is a pagan.

SMH. I cannot believe someone would be proud to say they are a bigot. I would think that is something you want to avoid being. These people cannot be true Christians. If they are, then Christianity is a pretty bad thing, not a whole lot better than Islam in a lot of ways, IMO. Wonder what would happen to people if they had their way and there was nobody to stop them?

So your version of Christianity has Christians being no different than the rest of the world, and if they don't share worldly values, then they aren't Christian?

No, I don't consider them any different. We are all human beings with emotions and feelings and problems, etc. Sorry, but your religious beliefs do not make you a better person than someone else . . . obviously.

I can't think of a single post in which anyone suggested 'we are better than you'.

I agree... we are all human beings with emotions and feelings and problems. Please explain how that justifies you dictating how I operate my business, and demanding that I provide service to people for things I religiously oppose?

I can't think of a single post in which anyone suggested 'we are better than you'.

I agree... we are all human beings with emotions and feelings and problems. Please explain how that justifies you dictating how I operate my business, and demanding that I provide service to people for things I religiously oppose?

How do I justify it? Nobody is dictating to you HOW to run your business as long as you abide by the laws of your state. States have a vested interest in creating fair business practice because not doing so affects their bottom line. Discrimination is not a religious custom or practice, and since the law applies equally to EVERYBODY, then it is fair. If you cannot handle doing business with certain portions of the public, then do not open up a business because you will NOT be allowed to discriminate.

How do I justify it? Nobody is dictating to you HOW to run your business as long as you abide by the laws of your state. States have a vested interest in creating fair business practice because not doing so affects their bottom line. Discrimination is not a religious custom or practice, and since the law applies equally to EVERYBODY, then it is fair. If you cannot handle doing business with certain portions of the public, then do not open up a business because you will NOT be allowed to discriminate.

The laws of your state violate my religious freedom. You don't get to tell me who I must serve.

And I won't. Period.

You also don't get to tell me what business I'm allowed to do. Sorry. I'm not your slave, and nor am I a second class citizen.

And you won't. Period.

Thanks.

You are discriminating against me, and trying to justify it. Who is the hypocrite now?

You noticed that too. It's always ironic to me when pagans claim we're not following Christian belief, and then claim we should act exactly like them.

"You Christians are all hypocrites because you don't follow your own belief system.... and all you Christians which follow your belief system are terrible people."

Capitalist Christian? ahhaha Jesus specifically targeted the money changers and said it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a wealthy man to get into heaven.

Christians that follow Jesus do not have wealth because they are continuously helping the poor.

Kristians that do have wealth are not Christians because they live their lives in direct opposition to Jesus Christ. They are in fact anti-Christ.

The laws of your state violate my religious freedom. You don't get to tell me who I must serve.

And I won't. Period.

You also don't get to tell me what business I'm allowed to do. Sorry. I'm not your slave, and nor am I a second class citizen.

And you won't. Period.

Thanks.

You are discriminating against me, and trying to justify it. Who is the hypocrite now?

Nope, you have NO religious freedom to discriminate against those who do not follow your religion when doing business. NONE. Claiming it is your religious right to restrict where other people do business is nothing but dishonest. People like yourself have already tried this angle back years and years ago to challenge the civil rights of black people to shop and do business freely. You lost. It has been determined that so-called "religious freedom to discriminate" does not trump another's civil rights, nor does it trump the business laws that have been set and enforced by your respective state. When you apply for a business permit or license in your city/state/locality, you are agreeing to abide by the laws.

And I won't. Period.

And you won't. Period.

Thanks.

Nope, you have NO religious freedom to discriminate against those who do not follow your religion when doing business. NONE. Claiming it is your religious right to restrict where other people do business is nothing but dishonest. People like yourself have already tried this angle back years and years ago to challenge the civil rights of black people to shop and do business freely. You lost. It has been determined that so-called "religious freedom to discriminate" does not trump another's civil rights, nor does it trump the business laws that have been set and enforced by your respective state. When you apply for a business permit or license in your city/state/locality, you are agreeing to abide by the laws.

You don't get it darling. I don't care what you think. You can say I don't have religious freedom until the day I die. I don't care. Have I ever cared what others thought of my faith?

Never.

I am going to practice my faith, because I do have religious freedom, and I will prove it by doing it no matter what you do, or say, or think, or what laws you make, or what people you elect.

See these men darling? They had religious freedom right up to the moment they were killed. Some are on video praying the moment the sword struck them down. Stories say that some of them were singing to G-d, when they were shot dead.

I'm not asking your permission ChrisL. I'm not getting your blessing to have religious freedom.

I will be a Christian from this day forward, until my death. I will practice my faith, as my Bible directs me, until the end of my life.

So you can do whatever you want, but if required, I'll be singing praises until I'm strapped into the electric chair, the power is switched on.

Your laws will not stop me. Your fines will not stop me. Your jails, prisons, regulations, and everything else will not stop me.

You have to make a choice. You either practice what you yourself preach, and be tolerant... or you best pass a law to kill me, because we Christians are not going away, and we're not changing.

ISIS understands that Christians will not give up, and we won't capitulate. That's why they resorted to kill Christians for their faith.

If those men will die for their faith, what do you think you are going to do to me, to stop me?

Capitalist Christian? ahhaha Jesus specifically targeted the money changers and said it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a wealthy man to get into heaven.

Christians that follow Jesus do not have wealth because they are continuously helping the poor.

Kristians that do have wealth are not Christians because they live their lives in direct opposition to Jesus Christ. They are in fact anti-Christ.
That's not for you to dictate, sadly.

And I won't. Period.

And you won't. Period.

Thanks.

You don't get it darling. I don't care what you think. You can say I don't have religious freedom until the day I die. I don't care. Have I ever cared what others thought of my faith?

Never.

I am going to practice my faith, because I do have religious freedom, and I will prove it by doing it no matter what you do, or say, or think, or what laws you make, or what people you elect.

See these men darling? They had religious freedom right up to the moment they were killed. Some are on video praying the moment the sword struck them down. Stories say that some of them were singing to G-d, when they were shot dead.

I'm not asking your permission ChrisL. I'm not getting your blessing to have religious freedom.

I will be a Christian from this day forward, until my death. I will practice my faith, as my Bible directs me, until the end of my life.

So you can do whatever you want, but if required, I'll be singing praises until I'm strapped into the electric chair, the power is switched on.

Your laws will not stop me. Your fines will not stop me. Your jails, prisons, regulations, and everything else will not stop me.

You have to make a choice. You either practice what you yourself preach, and be tolerant... or you best pass a law to kill me, because we Christians are not going away, and we're not changing.

ISIS understands that Christians will not give up, and we won't capitulate. That's why they resorted to kill Christians for their faith.

If those men will die for their faith, what do you think you are going to do to me, to stop me?

Look, go ahead and open a business. You will be sued. :dunno: You can cry about it all day long, and it isn't going to change anything. The government is never going to recognize it to be your religious right to discriminate.

Oh, I forgot. Only left-wingers can ever play the victim? Must have missed that in the forum rules.

Sorry Sensei. I'm not as experienced as you, but I'll learn.

Okay, here's the first lesson, Daniel-san. You don't get to play victim when you've created your own problem.

Here's a list of things the Kleins could have done.

1) They could have baked the fucking cake.
2) They could have come up with some other excuse for not baking the cake that didn't involve hurling homophobic epitaths at their customer.
3) They could have refrained from orchestrating a hate campaign against this couple on social media.
4) They could have gotten out of the Wedding Cake Business altogether once it was clear that gay marriage was legal.

In short, they put themselves in the position they are in. NO one put them in it.

Yes they could bowed to public pressure and violated their religious beliefs. We already know they could have done that, under the gun of public demand.

Like blaming a woman for rape. Should have just agreed to have sex. It's her fault for not just doing what she was told.

Lying is also not an option. That defeats the entire purpose. The point is to follow their religious views.

Nor should they need to come up with lies to practice their faith, in a country supposedly founded on religious freedom.

Yeah, they could have left the cake business... that's your version of religious freedom eh? You have the freedom to leave whenever we decide to violate your freedom?

In short, you came up with a dozen rationalizations to violate these people's religious freedom, and blame them for it.

Thanks, but you are dismissed. :)
Because it's bullshit ... they violate their religious beliefs all the time. Any wedding cakes they've ever sold to any non-Christian couple, violated their religious beliefs. Obviously, they used their religion to shield their bigotry against homosexuals.

Usually when people want to prove their point they offer, well, proof. Like a verse citation or something. Anything, really.
The only reason not to do that is because you are wrong and of course too arrogant and stupid to admit it. So you look like the moron you are, while you tapdance around. You arent fooling anyone, Mohammed.
:dance:

But I already did. And I doesn't matter what I write, you will go stuff your head in the pillow, you know, the one you usually bite when you are getting popped by some BBC, and you will cry. And then you will cry and you will cry and you will cry.

The story of Onan is in the the Torah, or?

And how was this story interpreted by Rabbis for how many thousands of years, you stupid fuck?

And then there is Proverbs 31:3

And then there is Maimonides commentary on this:

“Semen constitutes the strength of the body, its life, and the light of the eyes. Its emission to excess causes physical decay, debility, and diminished vitality. Thus Solomon, in his wisdom, says: ‘Do not give your strength to women’ (Proverbs 31:3). Whoever indulges in sexual dissipation becomes prematurely aged; his strength fails; his eyes become dim; a foul odor proceeds from his mouth and armpits; the hair of his head, eyebrows, and eyelashes drop out; the hair of his beard, armpits, and legs grow abnormally; his teeth fall out; and besides these, he becomes subject to numerous other diseases. Medical authorities have stated that for each one who dies of other maladies, a thousand are the victims of sexual excess.”

Back to Onan:

Taking their cue from this biblical phrase, the mystics asserted that since a man who masturbates prevents the use of that semen for conceiving a child, he is guilty not only of murder but of the murder of his own (potential) children. He is therefore a criminal more reprehensible than any other. On the other hand, ejaculation is prized in heterosexual relations, even in those that do not lead to procreation, and no “murder” is said to take place, nor are the forces of evil enhanced.

The mystics also claimed that even involuntary emissions of semen created demons, which were a danger not only to the man who masturbated but to the entire community. Such notions appear in folk literature as well as in rabbinic mystical texts. Thus the narrator in I.B. Singer’s short story, “From the Diary of One Not Born,” says: “I was not born. My father, a yeshivah student, sinned as did Onan, and from his seed I was created‑half spirit, half‑demon…I am and I am not.”

Masturbation A Touchy Subject - My Jewish Learning

So, you are sticking your fingers in your ears and acting as if masturbation was never a subject in the Torah and in the teachings of the last 5,700+ years, when it is. I never said that I agreed with the interpretation. I said that the verses and the admonitions exist.

Your lack of comprehension and your inability to build context can mean only one thing: you are a worthless Conservative.

:D
OK so you cannot show that the Bible condemns masturbation as a sin. This is of a piece with your other contention, all of which you fail to support after shooting your mouth off.
You are an arrogant, ignorant piece of shit and this becomes apparent the more you post.

It was shown to you repeatedly. The passage dealing with Onan has been interpreted for centuries to be a prohibition on masturbation. That's what people do with the bible, interpret it to fit their prejudices.

Just like the prohibitions on blacks marrying whites and gays marrying each other. Some interpret the bible to prohibit them...others don't.

I interpret the Bible to be nonsense from cover to cover. If it were filmed, it would be at least rated R. I respect people's right to base their life decisions on it, but, to me, it is kind of like finding inspiration in Grimm's Fairy Tales. Isn't that where kids were taught that there are times when ugly old women should be burned alive in their ovens?
Yes. When they try to cook and eat children, they should be thrown into the oven instead.

ignored

Then they should pay the damned money. Not seeing a problem here, they raised twice that from bigots on line.

I would refuse. They should do what their religious convictions lead them to do.
Or perhaps they will pay the fine, and yet continue to practice their faith.

Regardless, that isn't the point. The point is they are in fact being threatened in losing their home. As much as you leftist claim to never try and punish people of faith, here is a clear example that you are.

Does their faith require them to publish the name and addresses of the two lesbians on Facebook, and through the press, subjecting them and their families' to stalking and death threats?

The moment the lesbos decided to make a stink about it they gave up any right to privacy

Sorry, Sas, but I really should have put you on ignore long ago. Your pride in your bigotry is hateful and I have no need to be sucked into your world of negativity. Adios.....

Is that a real ignore?

ignored

Oh, I forgot. Only left-wingers can ever play the victim? Must have missed that in the forum rules.

Okay, here's the first lesson, Daniel-san. You don't get to play victim when you've created your own problem.

2) They could have come up with some other excuse for not baking the cake that didn't involve hurling homophobic epitaths at their customer.
3) They could have refrained from orchestrating a hate campaign against this couple on social media.
4) They could have gotten out of the Wedding Cake Business altogether once it was clear that gay marriage was legal.

In short, they put themselves in the position they are in. NO one put them in it.

Yes they could bowed to public pressure and violated their religious beliefs. We already know they could have done that, under the gun of public demand.

Like blaming a woman for rape. Should have just agreed to have sex. It's her fault for not just doing what she was told.

Lying is also not an option. That defeats the entire purpose. The point is to follow their religious views.

Nor should they need to come up with lies to practice their faith, in a country supposedly founded on religious freedom.

Yeah, they could have left the cake business... that's your version of religious freedom eh? You have the freedom to leave whenever we decide to violate your freedom?

In short, you came up with a dozen rationalizations to violate these people's religious freedom, and blame them for it.

Because it's bullshit ... they violate their religious beliefs all the time. Any wedding cakes they've ever sold to any non-Christian couple, violated their religious beliefs. Obviously, they used their religion to shield their bigotry against homosexuals.

Not your call, thought cop.

What violates my beliefs is between me, my Bible, my Church, and G-d.

Not some random pagan that thinks he can tell me what my faith is.

Pagan: "Your Bible is wrong, and made up, and your god is a myth.... and you are a hypocrite because I've read your Bible and you are not following it!"

Christian: "Let me get this straight.... You are mad and calling me a hypocrite, because I have not followed your private interpretation of a book you think is full of errors, completely made up, about a god you deny exists?"

Am I the only one that finds that funny? :p

Here... Look up this phrase "Credibility gap"

And I won't. Period.

And you won't. Period.

Thanks.

Never.

Look, go ahead and open a business. You will be sued. :dunno: You can cry about it all day long, and it isn't going to change anything. The government is never going to recognize it to be your religious right to discriminate.

And I'll still practice my faith. Now what?

Pagan: "Your Bible is wrong, and made up, and your god is a myth.... and you are a hypocrite because I've read your Bible and you are not following it!"

Christian: "Let me get this straight.... You are mad and calling me a hypocrite, because I have not followed your private interpretation of a book you think is full of errors, completely made up, about a god you deny exists?"

What makes you think your interpretation is any better?

What makes you think your interpretation is any better?

Doesn't matter. You are a pagan. I couldn't possibly care less what you think about my faith. On a list of authority about Christian faith, you don't even exist.

If a Christian preacher were to talk to me, I'd have to consider it. You? I just laugh. Leave a smiley face :D and move on!

And I won't. Period.

And you won't. Period.

Thanks.

Never.

Now what? Well, for starters, you might need a second job.....

And I won't. Period.

And you won't. Period.

Thanks.

Never.

Now what? Well, for starters, you might need a second job.....

Because you believe in persecuting him for his faith? Removing his livelihood, imprisoning him, etc?

Forum List

Back