The Dorner Manifesto

Doc91678

Rookie
Nov 13, 2012
Binghamton
By Richard Fernandez
February 8, 2013

Victor Davis Hanson’s essay, The New Age of Falsity, vividly describes the new requirement of the modern age. It is the requirement to lie.

The requirement is imposed by the circumstance that many institutions are already built on falsehoods. In order to keep things ticking even honest newcomers must resort to the “maintenance lie” which can be defined as the affirmation of legacy falsehoods to prevent an institutional meltdown. This is without taking into account what can be called the “capital investment lies”, which are entirely new fibs uttered for the purpose of usurping new powers.

Hanson convincingly argues that meanings in public discourse are now routinely reversed in the Orwellian sense simply to keep it self consistent. For either the lie must be contradicted by the truth or all the truths must be perverted to match.

We live in an age of falsity, in which words have lost their meanings and concepts are reinvented as the situation demands. The United States is in a jobless recovery — even if that phrase largely disappeared from the American lexicon about 2004. Good news somehow must follow from a rising unemployment rate, which itself underrepresents the actual percentage of Americans long out of work.​
At the same time, we are supposed to be relieved that we are in a contracting expansion, where fewer goods and services are proof of a resilient economy. In our debt-ridden revival, borrowing $1 trillion each year is evidence that we don’t have a spending problem​

“Minitrue, Minipax, Miniplenty, and Miniluv (Ministry of Truth, Ministry of Peace, Ministry of Plenty, and Ministry of Love, respectively – all ministries of the active government in Nineteen Eighty-Four” — are upon us. The system can no longer survive without a systematic inversion of the truth. To his credit, defense secretary nominee Chuck Hagel is holding back from making the “capital investment lie” by “refusing to detail foreign funders and disclose other necessary financial information to the Senate Armed Services Committee.” He was asked to provide it. He refused.

**snip**

Continue reading: -->
Belmont Club » The Dorner Manifesto

Kinda late don't ya think?...
:eusa_eh:
LAPD to reopen probe into fugitive ex-cop's firing
9 Feb.`13 — The hunt for a former Los Angeles police officer suspected in three killings continued in snow-covered mountains Saturday as the LAPD's chief said he would reopen the disciplinary case that led to the fugitive's firing and new details emerged of the evidence he left behind.
Officials will re-examine the allegations by Christopher Dorner, 33, that his law enforcement career was undone by racist colleagues, Police Chief Charlie Beck said. While he promised to hear out Dorner if he surrenders, Beck stressed that he was ordering a review of his 2007 case because he takes the allegation of racism in his department seriously. "I do this not to appease a murderer. I do it to reassure the public that their police department is transparent and fair in all the things we do," the chief said in a statement.

Authorities suspect Dorner in a series of attacks in Southern California over the past week that left three people dead, including a police officer. Authorities say he has vowed revenge against several former LAPD colleagues whom he blames for ending his career. The killings and threats that Dorner allegedly made in an online rant have led police to provide protection to 50 families, Beck said. A captain who was named a target in the manifesto posted on Facebook told the Orange County Register he has not stepped outside his house since he learned of the threat, and he was taking it seriously. "From what I've seen of (Dorner's) actions, he feels he can make allegations for injustice and justify killing people and that's not reasonable," said Capt. Phil Tingirides, who chaired a board that stripped Dorner of his badge. "The end never justifies the means."

Saturday was the third full day of a massive multi-agency hunt for Dorner in the San Bernardino mountains, about 80 miles northeast of downtown Los Angeles, where Dorner's burned-out pickup truck was discovered Thursday. A scaled-back search party took advantage of a break from stormy weather to search for Dorner using heat-sensing helicopters as vacationing families and weekend skiers frolicked nearby. A law enforcement officer told The Associated Press authorities found weapons in the truck. The officer spoke on condition of anonymity because the probe is ongoing.

Investigators have been examining the truck to determine if it broke down or was set ablaze as a diversion. Police say the truck had a broken axle. Investigators are trying to determine whether it was already broken when they found it, or whether it was damaged when it was towed away. Newly released surveillance video showed Dorner tossing several items into a Dumpster behind an auto parts store in National City on Monday. The store's manager told FOX5 in San Diego that an employee found a magazine full of bullets, a military belt and a military helmet. Majid Yahyai said he and the employee took the items across the street to a police station.

More LAPD to reopen probe into fugitive ex-cop's firing - Yahoo! News

hope the fat@@@ comes to Idaho.

I wonder what the over under would be on jessie jackson trying to stage a protest in Lilly white Idaho.

The times they are a-changin'...
:eusa_eh:
Dorner's LAPD is on the way out
February 9, 2013, There are decades of work still to be done, but the culture of the LAPD is changing.
There won't be a happy ending to Christopher Dorner's quest for vengeance against the Los Angeles Police Department. Nothing justifies his murder of innocents or his threats against LAPD personnel and their families. The only positive thing that can possibly be said at the moment is that today's LAPD is in the hands of new leaders who are slowly but surely ending the old subculture that Dorner describes in his online manifesto. I am talking about the department's former tradition of systematically mistreating black officers. For more than 20 years I have represented dozens of black LAPD officers, interviewed hundreds of officers of all races, and know the history of the old LAPD's — the Blue Grip's — deep-seated hostility to black officers. Up until the 1968 riots, LAPD officers called the white head of South Bureau "The ****** Inspector." And it was the early 1960s before Chief William Parker ended the mandatory segregation of squad cars in which black and white officers were forbidden to ride together to ensure that no white officer would have to follow the orders of a black man.

I remember like it was yesterday when Deputy Chief Jesse Brewer, the wise and classy African American who became the first black president of the Los Angeles Police Commission, came to my law office in 1990. He described to me his own ordeals on the force, in which white officers illegally blocked his entrance to the Police Academy, tried to plant false evidence on him, blocked all of his promotions and set him up for ambush in the field. He also described how viciously the department retaliated against him and other officers who tried to stand up for fellow officers or civilians who suffered abuse from cops. The LAPD never did allow whistle-blowers of any kind to survive, no matter how righteous they were. Brewer explained that black officers just had to take the abuse and outsmart the white officers trying to deep-six them. "If you let them get to you, you'll become homicidal," he said.

I have no idea whether, as Dorner alleges, the LAPD falsely accused Dorner and retaliated against him for reporting the abuse of a civilian. But I know many black officers who received nothing but vicious retaliation for trying to report the same kind of abuse. And I know what my clients, Myrna Lewis, Terry Tipton and others suffered for reporting their racially abusive mistreatment and the sabotage they endured for demanding the end of the LAPD's hostile mistreatment of minority women. I don't know whether Dorner was wrongfully terminated, but I do know that my clients were unfairly forced out of the LAPD because they chose to fight the racism and sexism of the Blue Grip. It is important to acknowledge this history if we are to understand and overcome the disturbing support for Dorner's manifesto from the black community on the Internet and on black radio, and if we are to ever free ourselves from the toxic wake of the LAPD's past.

Dorner is absolutely wrong when he states in the manifesto that "the department has not changed since the Rampart and Rodney King days." It's not surprising that someone who feels he has unjustly lost everything would want to lash out, but in this case he is demonstrably wrong. The LAPD has definitely changed at the top and is currently in the process of changing its old guard culture. We're not done; there are decades still of work to be done to change the institutional culture, but since Judge Gary Feess took the reins of the LAPD with the consent decree, since William Bratton and Charlie Beck, respectively, were appointed chief, and since John Mack, Andrea Ordin and Rick Drooyan have headed the police commission, the LAPD has completely changed direction at the top, from the brutal, shock and awe, we-are-above-the-law Blue Grip cowboys of the Darryl Gates era to the constitutional policing, public-trust-seeking era of Bill Bratton and Charlie Beck. The good guys are now in charge of LAPD culture; it is a huge change and the right beginning to real police reform. Anyone who can't see the difference between a chief who callously defended the brutal beating of Rodney King and a chief who leads a majority of color police force that seeks the trust of the poor black and poor Latino communities has lost his way.

Source

See also:

Christopher Dorner hunt: $1m reward for ex-LAPD officer
10 February 2013 - A manhunt is underway in the San Bernadino Mountains, east of Los Angeles
Authorities in Los Angeles have offered a $1m (£630,000) reward for information leading to the arrest of a fugitive ex-policeman suspected of three murders. Christopher Dorner, 33, has been on the run for the past week, following the attacks in southern California. Announcing the reward, Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said his "reign of terror" must end.

In an online manifesto, he swore to take revenge on police officers he blamed for his firing in 2008. "We will not tolerate anyone undermining the security, the tranquillity of our neighbourhoods," Mr Villaraigosa said at a news conference announcing the reward on Sunday. "We will not tolerate this reign of terror that has robbed us of the peace of mind that residents of southern California deserve," he added.

Burnt-out truck

Mr Dorner, a former officer of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD), is suspected of killing three people, including the daughter of a retired captain who represented him in a disciplinary procedure. Police are now protecting 50 families, many belonging to former LAPD colleagues, against whom Mr Dorner has vowed revenge for ruining his career.

In his online manifesto, Mr Dorner suggested that some were motivated by racism. Police are combing an area near Big Bear Lake, 80 miles (130 km) east of Los Angeles, after finding the suspect's burned-out truck near a ski area.

Mr Dorner is suspected of:

Last edited:
seems like they should have caught him by now ... maybe there is more to the story than presently known.

Forum List

Back