The difference between debating "actions" and debating "solutions".

R

rdean

Too many times, right wingers don't seem to know the difference between debating "actions" and debating "solutions.

You can report on actions of the GOP leadership and USMB Republicans will say you "run away" and you "won't debate". The truth is you can debate the reason for an action, but the action itself is a "done deal". Ex-amples:

Republicans blocked this administration from investigating BP after the horrendous oil spill. They did it. Why they did it may be open to debate, the fact is, they did it. That can't be debated. It happened. (My personal feeling is they want to hurt Obama more than they care about middle class Americans. That's where the debate comes in.)

Republican Hero Zimmerman chased down and shot dead an unarmed black youth who- was walking home from a store after buying Skittles and Ice Tea. The kid, two weeks passed 17, was unarmed. He first ran off and then tried "stand your ground". That's the truth. We know that for sure from an actual tape recording from the police. Republicans give a whole host of reasons why that kid should have been shot dead. He was wearing a hoodie. He "looked" suspicious. He was in the "wrong neighborhood". Those are debate points. No matter how lame, those aren't "facts".

Other "facts":

From 2001 to 2008, more than 40,000 American factories were shut down.

From 2001 to 2008, millions of jobs were moved to China.

Republicans cut food-stamps for disabled vets and poor children while voting to give millions to farmers in a farm bill that also gave millions to more than a dozen Republicans in congress. Those are facts. The reason may be debatable, but not the facts.

We can prove the facts. That's why they are called "facts". The debate is the motivation. Unless Republicans give it away by saying the reason they do voter suppression is to win elections. Then the cat is out of the bag. We know voter suppression isn't to make elections "fair", but to create a different outcome.

Or when members of the senate said "no Bush Tax Cut extension, no un-employment benefits for millions of Americans". That's politics at it's worst. That's basically blackmail. You can't really debate the motivation after it's been stated out loud. And to say, "Obama must have liked it, he signed it" is just flat out a lie. We already had the fact and the motivation. Obama couldn't stand to Americans suffer and Republicans don't really have a problem with that. We know that from the many GOP policies that lead to suffering.

So what could you debate? There could have been a debate on how to get BP to clean up their mess. But once any investigation was blocked, they could have gotten away with doing nothing. Lucky Obama was able to get a 20 billion dollar deal with them. He must have realized that Republicans would be on the side of BP.

In fact, the reason there really isn't any debate is because Republicans aren't interested in helping vets or the poor. They don't care about the environment. They don't care about education or rebuilding the country. I suspect, there will never be a debate until we can find something the GOP is actually interested in doing.

Where do you think rdean gets this crap from?

he doesn't just pull out it his butt

he's not happy unless he's dividing us and our country

Too many times, right wingers don't seem to know the difference between debating "actions" and debating "solutions.

You can report on actions of the GOP leadership and USMB Republicans will say you "run away" and you "won't debate". The truth is you can debate the reason for an action, but the action itself is a "done deal". Ex-amples:

Republicans blocked this administration from investigating BP after the horrendous oil spill. They did it. Why they did it may be open to debate, the fact is, they did it. That can't be debated. It happened. (My personal feeling is they want to hurt Obama more than they care about middle class Americans. That's where the debate comes in.)

Republican Hero Zimmerman chased down and shot dead an unarmed black youth who- was walking home from a store after buying Skittles and Ice Tea. The kid, two weeks passed 17, was unarmed. He first ran off and then tried "stand your ground". That's the truth. We know that for sure from an actual tape recording from the police. Republicans give a whole host of reasons why that kid should have been shot dead. He was wearing a hoodie. He "looked" suspicious. He was in the "wrong neighborhood". Those are debate points. No matter how lame, those aren't "facts".

Other "facts":

From 2001 to 2008, more than 40,000 American factories were shut down.

From 2001 to 2008, millions of jobs were moved to China.

Republicans cut food-stamps for disabled vets and poor children while voting to give millions to farmers in a farm bill that also gave millions to more than a dozen Republicans in congress. Those are facts. The reason may be debatable, but not the facts.

We can prove the facts. That's why they are called "facts". The debate is the motivation. Unless Republicans give it away by saying the reason they do voter suppression is to win elections. Then the cat is out of the bag. We know voter suppression isn't to make elections "fair", but to create a different outcome.

Or when members of the senate said "no Bush Tax Cut extension, no un-employment benefits for millions of Americans". That's politics at it's worst. That's basically blackmail. You can't really debate the motivation after it's been stated out loud. And to say, "Obama must have liked it, he signed it" is just flat out a lie. We already had the fact and the motivation. Obama couldn't stand to Americans suffer and Republicans don't really have a problem with that. We know that from the many GOP policies that lead to suffering.

So what could you debate? There could have been a debate on how to get BP to clean up their mess. But once any investigation was blocked, they could have gotten away with doing nothing. Lucky Obama was able to get a 20 billion dollar deal with them. He must have realized that Republicans would be on the side of BP.

In fact, the reason there really isn't any debate is because Republicans aren't interested in helping vets or the poor. They don't care about the environment. They don't care about education or rebuilding the country. I suspect, there will never be a debate until we can find something the GOP is actually interested in doing.

same old shit.....Dean when a TV show doesnt come up with new ideas.....it gets canceled....this is why you just get called names by most here.....your shit has already be "debated" more than once....so all that is left is to make fun of you....geezus if you are like this in real life i can imagine people suddenly saying they have to go when you show up....

Where do you think rdean gets this crap from?

he doesn't just pull out it his butt

he's not happy unless he's dividing us and our country

Where do I get it from DB? From the GOP leadership. I couldn't make this stuff up. It wouldn't occur to me.

talking to the rightwing nuts is like taling to your dog or cat The are just bitter uneducated reactionaries that don't know the definitions of words and have no intellectual capability to grasp concepts. They live in a black an white cartoonish fearful world as we see with their comment on this thread

the Left's ACTIONS AND "SOLUTIONS' HAVE RESULTED IN RECORD WELFARE AND FOOD STAMPS

libs like the ones on this board are laughable losers who lie to themselves

" same old shit.....Dean when a TV show doesnt come up with new ideas.....it gets canceled....this is why you just get called names by most here.....your shit has already be "debated" more than once....so all that is left is to make fun of you....geezus if you are like this in real life i can imagine people suddenly saying they have to go when you show up.... ""

exactly why the GOP will get canceled in 2016 again ..

the vote s in .. defund Obamacare in the House 55 times

LMAO

talking to the rightwing nuts is like taling to your dog or cat The are just bitter uneducated reactionaries that don't know the definitions of words and have no intellectual capability to grasp concepts. They live in a black an white cartoonish fearful world as we see with their comment on this thread
It goes both ways. I dont think either side is capable or willing to have an honest discussion or debate. It only takes one valid point before one side or the other reverts to name calling, generalizations, and ridiculous accusations.

No fault on either side... Apparently, that's the way we want it.

" same old shit.....Dean when a TV show doesnt come up with new ideas.....it gets canceled....this is why you just get called names by most here.....your shit has already be "debated" more than once....so all that is left is to make fun of you....geezus if you are like this in real life i can imagine people suddenly saying they have to go when you show up.... ""

LMAO

yea if only that would happen permanently....and then get the Democrats cancelled along with them.....the people who cant get along gone.....the dividers gone.....the Country can start putting the pieces together....

LMAO

yea if only that would happen permanently....and then get the Democrats cancelled along with them.....the people who cant get along gone.....the dividers gone.....the Country can start putting the pieces together....

You are one of the worst of the "dividers". You can't really not know that, right?

LMAO

You are one of the worst of the "dividers". You can't really not know that, right?

:lol:...im a divider?....i can get along with a Republican or a Democrat.....i bet you could not stand to be in a room with a bunch of Republicans....but i bet you already knew that,right Mr Unifier?....

Forum List

Back