The Department of Education turns 40 next month. Was it worth it?

It’s a platform for democrats to indoctrinate children, destroy black lives. It should be shout down permanently

Someone is still looking for someone else to blame for his own failure.
I think millions of us are,, .....o

You fucking worthless weakling. Take responsibility for yourself.

Public education in MA is the best in the nation.
Can you explain why the great education in bos, Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago, Camden, New York , Atlanta, St. Louis leads to so many violent crimes in city’s that are in police states? lol

Abolish it.

Great idea! Schools in predominantly minority and poor areas will not to bother educating students who are the wrong color, or have little money to waste on such things!

The states can fund it. Additionally, parents can teach their children at home.

OK, I am going to assume you are a typical ignorant jackass and don't know that is exactly why the Education Department was proposed. States were ignoring minority and poor areas of their state.

It was a pervasive problem even for many years afterward. When I was in Navy Recruiting in the late 80s, we had entire high schools where not a single person was enlistment eligible. The pine trees had higher ASVAB scores.

Parents teaching their kids at home is just another way to ensure that stupidity to passed on to the next generation.

I would gander that our public education system is WORSE off now than before the DoED was created. Why shouldn't it be eradicated?

The federal government has absolutely no business in education. It's a responsibility of the various states, counties, and municipalities.

It should be defunded and ultimately done away with.

I would gander that our public education system is WORSE off now than before the DoED was created. Why shouldn't it be eradicated?

The federal government has absolutely no business in education. It's a responsibility of the various states, counties, and municipalities.

Yup. The Federal Department of Education was yet another final year boondoggle by Jimmy Carter. It has HURT students.

Yup. The Federal Department of Education was yet another final year boondoggle by Jimmy Carter. It has HURT students.

How so?

Sure! Lets go back to the time when states and localities could refuse to educate minorities, and children with disabilities.

When I attended school, we didn't have kids in wheelchairs in the classroom because they didn't "need" to be educated. If you had a learning disability, you were not forced to attend school and left to your parents to take care of you.

Sure! Lets go back to the time when states and localities could refuse to educate minorities, and children with disabilities.

When I attended school, we didn't have kids in wheelchairs in the classroom because they didn't "need" to be educated. If you had a learning disability, you were not forced to attend school and left to your parents to take care of you.

Are you saying that state and municipalities are too cold to ever consider inclusion of minorities and the disabled? You feel they are still living in the pre-50s?

Are you saying that state and municipalities are too cold to ever consider inclusion of minorities and the disabled? You feel they are still living in the pre-50s?

If you knew anything about education, you would know the Education Department changed all that.

Fundamentally, we're taking dollars from local schools to fund the DoED. Instead of hiring more teachers, we're hiring bureaucrats to work in D.C. We've spent a couple TRILLION on that bureaucracy with NOTHING to show for it. Of course, a liberal would never consider shuttering a government program, no matter how useless it is.

Those are civil rights issues that were rectified LONG ago.

Individual states can manage their own education systems. The DoED hurts our students because money is being seized from local communities in order to pay for the DoED.

If you cannot demonstrate how the DoED has improved education in America, then why do you want to continue funding it?

Individual states can manage their own education systems. The DoED hurts our students because money is being seized from local communities in order to pay for the DoED.

If you cannot demonstrate how the DoED has improved education in America, then why do you want to continue funding it?

The IDEA was a long time ago? It's predecessor was passed in 1975. Do see now that you don't know what you are talking about?

How exactly is money being seized from local communities?

BTW, the proper abbreviation is Ed.D. for Education Department. There is no Department of Education.

The IDEA was a long time ago? It's predecessor was passed in 1975. Do see now that you don't know what you are talking about?

BTW, the proper abbreviation is Ed.D. for Education Department. There is no Department of Education.

From Wiki...

The United States Department of Education (ED or DoED), also referred to as the ED for (the) Education Department, is a Cabinet-level department of the United States government. It began operating on May 4, 1980, having been created after the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare was split into the Department of Education and the Department of Health and Human Services by the Department of Education Organization Act, which President Jimmy Carter signed into law on October 17, 1979.[3][4]

Federal income taxes take money from citizens that is sent to Washington. If those taxes weren't being collected, there would be more funds available for local schools.

Why do you support the DoED?

Forum List

Back