The Dems won’t let the collusion lie die.

To put it in simple terms...if I get a wire tap against you...it gives me permission to wire tap anyone that you call or calls you...and anyone that those people call or are called by.
i've just read a handful of articles on it.... rules were tightened on it... a few times since it began

but what I thought you implied....

-was that it was illegal- which it is NOT

-and that eaves dropping was able to hop twice- which it is not.

the hop is for meta data only, no conversations or information of anyone other than those calling the person directly under warrant.... the other data is simply phone numbers or IP addresses that call.... showing a pattern of calls or communication, but NOT the actual conversation....

Like, Manafort who has had a conversation with Page, then calls another number (like a person in the Ukraine or Russia) after every conversation with Page, or Manafort calls Kushner, after every call made to Page.... it shows a pattern of communications, if there are any at all, but not the personal conversation itself. so they can get no conversational information from the hopped once or hopped twice person.

Democrats and some Libertarians actually have joined together to object to this metadata collection, for years now.... and I believe, the NSA has actually decided to drop the LEGAL program recently because it is not really producing anything of significance...

I didn't imply that it was illegal...it's a very legal way to spy on thousands of people who have done nothing wrong! That's what makes it so dangerous!
To put it in simple terms...if I get a wire tap against you...it gives me permission to wire tap anyone that you call or calls you...and anyone that those people call or are called by.
i've just read a handful of articles on it.... rules were tightened on it... a few times since it began

the hop is for meta data only, no conversations or information of anyone other than those calling the person directly under warrant.... the other data is simply phone numbers or IP addresses that call.... showing a pattern of calls or communication, but NOT the actual conversation....

Like, Manafort who has had a conversation with Page, then calls another number (like a person in the Ukraine or Russia) after every conversation with Page, or Manafort calls Kushner, after every call made to Page.... it shows a pattern of communications, if there are any at all, but not the personal conversation itself. so they can get no conversational information from the hopped once or hopped twice person.

Democrats and some Libertarians actually have joined together to object to this metadata collection, for years now.... and I believe, the NSA has actually decided to drop the LEGAL program recently because it is not really producing anything of significance...

Through a single warrant, government agents can capture phone calls, texts, emails and bank records from people “two hops" away. That means all of the suspected spy’s direct contacts— “one hop” —and everybody who contacts those people or even visits their Facebook pages or websites—two hops.
It allows them to connect meta data on them is what the articles said, that I read... it does NOT permit them to then record their conversations or who they speak to's conversations...if American, if Foreign, then they can, I believe?

That is still or could be, an invasion of privacy, imho..... though the law right now, does not interpret it as such.

i.e. Why should the government know that I called a friend of Carter Page's, and how many times I did such, and what time of the day and the day that I did such?

The Patriot Act/FISC... or those who created it and voted for it, believe that this meta data collection of at minimum, the First hop, can be useful, in protecting us from foreign enemies...

I didn't imply that it was illegal...it's a very legal way to spy on thousands of people who have done nothing wrong! That's what makes it so dangerous!

Through a single warrant, government agents can capture phone calls, texts, emails and bank records from people “two hops" away. That means all of the suspected spy’s direct contacts— “one hop” —and everybody who contacts those people or even visits their Facebook pages or websites—two hops.
It allows them to connect meta data on them is what the articles said, that I read... it does NOT permit them to then record their conversations or who they speak to's conversations...if American, if Foreign, then they can, I believe?

That is still or could be, an invasion of privacy, imho..... though the law right now, does not interpret it as such.

i.e. Why should the government know that I called a friend of Carter Page's, and how many times I did such, and what time of the day and the day that I did such?

The Patriot Act/FISC... or those who created it and voted for it, believe that this meta data collection of at minimum, the First hop, can be useful, in protecting us from foreign enemies...

It's crucial in protecting us from terrorists...which is why it was passed! Unfortunately a bunch of assholes in the Obama Administration decided to use that law not to spy on suspected terrorists...but to try and destroy a political opponent! Samantha Powers...Susan Rice...they're part of a "the end justifies the means" crowd that abused the power they were given to keep us safe for blatantly political purposes!

It allowed them to spy on every phone call, email, text message and financial transaction of Carter Page...anyone he communicated with...and anyone that THEY communicated with!

Think about this...the Obama Administration used not one but four FISA Court warrants to spy on Carter Page...warrants that should only have been issued with probable cause...yet he has never been charged with any crime! Not one! So what was the probable cause based on? How can one person be surveilled THAT much and not be charged with anything?

It's crucial in protecting us from terrorists...which is why it was passed! Unfortunately a bunch of assholes in the Obama Administration decided to use that law not to spy on suspected terrorists...but to try and destroy a political opponent! Samantha Powers...Susan Rice...they're part of a "the end justifies the means" crowd that abused the power they were given to keep us safe for blatantly political purposes!

It allowed them to spy on every phone call, email, text message and financial transaction of Carter Page...anyone he communicated with...and anyone that THEY communicated with!

Think about this...the Obama Administration used not one but four FISA Court warrants to spy on Carter Page...warrants that should only have been issued with probable cause...yet he has never been charged with any crime! Not one! So what was the probable cause based on? How can one person be surveilled THAT much and not be charged with anything?

No Oldstyle, you are mistaken on what the No Hop rule is, as far as spying. It does NOT involve recording any of the conversations of those that are a hop away or 2 hops away or 3 hops away, unless of course, they are Foreign agents.

This is the process, from the beginning... The FISA, if approved by the FISC, can record the subjects phone calls that he makes.

And the persons that the subject calls, can have their phone records obtained.... just the records of them, NOT a recording of them or the texts of them....

these records list the phone number they call, the time they called them, and who the phone number belongs to...

IT DOES NOT allow them to record any conversations with the person who Page called, other than the conversation they have with Page, (not the other people's on the HOPs calls).

Then it allows them to collect the phone records of anyone who the person who was called by Page, calls.

AGAIN, this is the timestamp records of who they called, and NOT recordings of any of their conversations or texts.

BELOW is a VERY GOOD ARTICLE I found on it from 2013 which explains the hop rule, in a very non partisan way... just explaining the mechanism and how it works....

the article was written around the time that the Snowden WIKILEAK came out on the two or three HOP program and congress was looking in to it.... so it has nothing at all to do with Trump, or Carter Page etc....

it is just primarily an explanatory article.

HERE IS A SMALL PART OF IT:

Testimony before Congress on Wednesday showed how easy it is for Americans with no connection to terrorism to unwittingly have their calling patterns analyzed by the government.

It hinges on what's known as "hop" or "chain" analysis. When the NSA identifies a suspect, it can look not just at his phone records, but also the records of everyone he calls, everyone who calls those people and everyone who calls those people.

The NSA has said it conducted 300 searches of its telephone database last year. Left unsaid until Wednesday was that three-hop analysis off those searches could mean scrutinizing the phone records of tens or even hundreds of millions of people.

"So what has been described as a discrete program, to go after people who would cause us harm, when you look at the reach of this program, it envelopes a substantial number of Americans," said Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois, the No. 2 Democrat in the Senate.

John Inglis, the NSA's deputy director, conceded the point but said NSA officials "try to be judicious" about conducting hop analysis.

Such reassurances have done little to quell the sharp criticism from both parties over the once-secret program. Last week saw a close vote in the House on a measure that aimed to kill the phone surveillance program.

On Wednesday, the administration acknowledged some limitations to its sweeping surveillance powers are inevitable.

"We are open to re-evaluating this program in ways that can perhaps provide greater confidence and public trust that this is in fact a program that achieves both privacy protections and national security," Robert Litt, counsel to the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, told skeptical members of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

This newest privacy-vs.-security debate was touched off when former government contract systems analyst Edward Snowden leaked classified documents exposing NSA programs that store years of phone records on every American. That revelation prompted the most significant reconsideration yet of the vast surveillance powers Congress granted the president after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

The administration(s) intended to keep the telephone program a secret, and for more than a decade few in Congress showed any interest in limiting the surveillance.

Snowden's leaks abruptly changed the calculus on Capitol Hill.

"We have a lot of good information out there that helps the American public understand these programs, but it all came out late," Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, D-R.I., said in a rebuke of government secrecy. "It all came out in response to a leaker. There was no organized plan for how we rationally declassify this so that the American people can participate in the debate."

The telephone program is authorized under a provision of the USA Patriot Act, which Congress hurriedly passed after 9/11. President George W. Bush's administration said then what Obama's administration says now: that in order to connect the dots, it needs to collect lots of dots.

Leahy was skeptical.

"There's always going to be dots to collect, analyze and try to connect," he said. "Government is already collecting data on millions of innocent Americans on a daily basis based on a secret legal interpretation of a statute that does not on its face appear to authorize this kind of bulk collection. So what's going to be next? When is enough enough?"

READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE HERE: (it has a lot more information on it)

With 3 'Hops,' NSA Gets Millions Of Phone Records

On a sleepy summer Saturday, after months of stonewalling, the FBI dumped 412 pages of documents related to the Carter Page FISA surveillance warrants — the applications, the certifications, and the warrants themselves. Now that we can see it all in black and white — mostly black, as they are heavily redacted — it is crystal clear that the Steele dossier, an unverified Clinton-campaign product, was the driving force behind the Trump–Russia investigation.

Based on the dossier, the FBI told the FISA court it believed that Carter Page, who had been identified by the Trump campaign as an adviser, was coordinating with the Russian government in an espionage conspiracy to influence the 2016 election.
LIAR! As usual!
There is absolutely NO mention of the Steele dossier in the 2016 FISA application, But you knew that already or you would have cited the part where the dossier was mentioned, as your own FBI link proves!!!
In fact your own FAKE NEWS National Review link admits the dossier and Steele are never mentioned, so they FABRICATE a "HYPOTHETICAL" rationalization to explain why there is no mention of the dossier or Steele!!!!!

From your own link:
"Steele. He is in the position of X in our hypothetical. He is not the source of any of the relevant information on which the court was asked to rely for its probable-cause finding that Page was a clandestine agent of Russia"
You fucking liar.

The ENTIRE foundation of the warrant application is the fraudulent Steele dossier.

You are both shameless and stupid, but this takes the cake...

Who do you think you're going to fool? Seriously?
So you think repeating your proven lie will make it less of a lie.
Again cite the part of the FISA application that mentions either the very credible dossier or Steele and prove you are not a worthless lying scum POS!

You fucking pile of shit liar.

{
The first paragraph:

On October 21, 2016, DOJ and FBI sought and received a FISA probable cause order (not under Title VII) authorizing electronic surveillance on Carter Page from the FISC. Page is a US citizen who served as a volunteer advisor to the Trump presidential campaign. Consistent with requirements under FISA, the application had to be first certified by the Director or Deputy Director of the FBI. It then required the approval of the Attorney General, Deputy Attorney General (DAG), or the Senate-confirmed Assistant Attorney General for the National Security Division.

That is accurate. The second paragraph:

The FBI and DOJ obtained one initial FISA warrant targeting Carter Page and three FISA renewals from the FISC. As required by statute (50 U.S.C. 1805 (d)(1)) a FISA order on an American citizen must be renewed by the FISC every 90 days and each renewal requires a separate finding of probable cause. Then-Director James Comey signed three FISA applications in question on behalf of the FBI, and Deputy Director Andrew McCabe signed one. Sally Yates, then-Acting DAG Dana Boente, and DAG Rod Rosenstein each signed one or more FISA applications on behalf of DOJ.

That is accurate. The third paragraph:

Due to the sensitive nature of foreign intelligence activity, FISA submissions (including renewals) before the FISC are classified. As such, the public’s confidence in the integrity of the FISA process depends on the court’s ability to hold the government to the highest standard, particularly as it relates to surveillance of American citizens. However, the FISC's rigor in protecting the rights of Americans, which is reinforced by 90-day renewals of surveillance orders, is necessarily dependent on the government’s production to the court of all material and relevant facts. This should include information potentially favorable to the target of the FISA application that is known by the government. In the case of Carter Page, the government had at least four independent opportunities before the FISC to accurately provide an accounting of the relevant facts. However, our findings indicate that, as described below, material and relevant information was omitted.

That is accurate, but a reading of the last sentence, of course, depends on one's definition of "material and relevant." There is no doubt, however, that Nunes made a case that the information left out of the application, like the specific source of funding for the Steele dossier, was "material and relevant" to the Page case.

The fourth paragraph:

1) The "dossier" compiled by Christopher Steele (Steele dossier) on behalf of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and the Hillary Clinton campaign formed an essential part of the Carter Page FISA application. Steele was a longtime FBI source who was paid over $160,000 by the DNC and Clinton campaign, via the law firm Perkins Coie and research firm Fusion GPS, to obtain derogatory information on Donald Trump's ties to Russia.

That is accurate. When the Nunes memo was released, there was controversy over its assertion that the dossier formed an "essential" part of the Page FISA application. But Senate Judiciary Committee staff, who reviewed the FISA application separately from the House, concluded that the dossier allegations made up the "bulk" of the application. Even a Washington Post articleSunday purporting to debunk the Nunes memo in light of the FISA application conceded that the dossier played "a prominent role" in the FISA application. Finally, the Nunes memo's assertion, noted below, that former FBI number-two Andrew McCabe agreed that "no surveillance warrant would have been sought from the FISC without the Steele dossier information," was not challenged by Democrats when the Nunes memo was made public.

The fifth paragraph:

a) Neither the initial application in October 2016, nor any of the renewals, disclose or reference the role of the DNC, Clinton campaign, or any party/campaign in funding Steele's efforts, even though the political origins of the Steele dossier were then known to senior DOJ and FBI officials.}
FISA warrant application supports Nunes memo

... and
but you left that part out

It was right there in my screen shot, silly twat.
No, you said the HuffPo was the SOURCE, and it wasn't.
HuffPost wasn't a good enough source for you?

My screenshot from the HuffPost said the exact words you're whining about.

Are you stupid, boy?
So you knew you were LYING when you said that HuffPo was the source when you knew all along it was the Republican Senate report.
Thank you for admitting you are a premeditated LIAR!
....And still no Russian connection
The Mueller Report shows hundreds of Russian connections, try reading it sometime.

Ed the fucking liar..

{
10.5pt;font-family:Courier;color:#333333">The investigation did not, however, yield evidence sufficient to sustain any charge that any individual affiliated with the Trump Campaign acted as an agent of a foreign principal within the meaning of FARA or, in terms of Section 951, subject to the direction or control of the government of Russia, or any official thereof. In particular, the Office did not find evidence likely to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Campaign officials such as Paul Manafott, George Papadopoulos, and Carter Page acted as agents of the Russian government or at its direction, control, or request during the relevant time period.1232
}

You scumbag pile of shit. You have no honor, no integrity. You think Communism is so important that you'll lie bald faced to advance it. Traitor mother fucker that you are.

... and

Are you stupid, boy?
So you knew you were LYING when you said that HuffPo was the source when you knew all along it was the Republican Senate report.
The Mueller Report shows hundreds of Russian connections, try reading it sometime.
Lol
No trump involvement ... sorry
Trump campaign and RNC involvement, both of which Tramp controls.

Lying fuck.

{
10.5pt;font-family:Courier;color:#333333">The investigation did not, however, yield evidence sufficient to sustain any charge that any individual affiliated with the Trump Campaign acted as an agent of a foreign principal within the meaning of FARA or, in terms of Section 951, subject to the direction or control of the government of Russia, or any official thereof. In particular, the Office did not find evidence likely to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Campaign officials such as Paul Manafott, George Papadopoulos, and Carter Page acted as agents of the Russian government or at its direction, control, or request during the relevant time period.1232
}

Did you ever have integrity, you putrid pile of traitor shit?

To be quite blunt...getting a FISA warrant against a low level staffer like Carter Page was the PERFECT way to get access to most of the Trump campaign's communications!
The FISA warrant on Page only had to do with communications with Russia.
Well Oldstyle is inadvertently admitting that most of Tramp's campaign had communications with Russia.
Thank you, Oldstyle!

What I'm pointing out is that the Obama Administration used the FISA Court to legally spy on it's political opposition! Something that goes far beyond the crude break in at Democratic headquarters in the Watergate building! This was a deliberate abuse of the laws that were put in place to spy on terrorists...to spy on an Administration's political enemies! It a far bigger scandal than Watergate ever was!
And what I'm pointing out is that is utter bullshit!

... and
Lol
No trump involvement ... sorry
Trump campaign and RNC involvement, both of which Tramp controls.

Lying fuck.

{
}

Did you ever have integrity, you putrid pile of traitor shit?
Total BULLSHIT. Tramp's obstruction is what blocked getting the sufficient evidence. But you knew that already!

On a sleepy summer Saturday, after months of stonewalling, the FBI dumped 412 pages of documents related to the Carter Page FISA surveillance warrants — the applications, the certifications, and the warrants themselves. Now that we can see it all in black and white — mostly black, as they are heavily redacted — it is crystal clear that the Steele dossier, an unverified Clinton-campaign product, was the driving force behind the Trump–Russia investigation.

Based on the dossier, the FBI told the FISA court it believed that Carter Page, who had been identified by the Trump campaign as an adviser, was coordinating with the Russian government in an espionage conspiracy to influence the 2016 election.
LIAR! As usual!
There is absolutely NO mention of the Steele dossier in the 2016 FISA application, But you knew that already or you would have cited the part where the dossier was mentioned, as your own FBI link proves!!!
In fact your own FAKE NEWS National Review link admits the dossier and Steele are never mentioned, so they FABRICATE a "HYPOTHETICAL" rationalization to explain why there is no mention of the dossier or Steele!!!!!

From your own link:
"Steele. He is in the position of X in our hypothetical. He is not the source of any of the relevant information on which the court was asked to rely for its probable-cause finding that Page was a clandestine agent of Russia"
You fucking liar.

The ENTIRE foundation of the warrant application is the fraudulent Steele dossier.

You are both shameless and stupid, but this takes the cake...

Who do you think you're going to fool? Seriously?
So you think repeating your proven lie will make it less of a lie.
Again cite the part of the FISA application that mentions either the very credible dossier or Steele and prove you are not a worthless lying scum POS!

You fucking pile of shit liar.

{
The first paragraph:

On October 21, 2016, DOJ and FBI sought and received a FISA probable cause order (not under Title VII) authorizing electronic surveillance on Carter Page from the FISC. Page is a US citizen who served as a volunteer advisor to the Trump presidential campaign. Consistent with requirements under FISA, the application had to be first certified by the Director or Deputy Director of the FBI. It then required the approval of the Attorney General, Deputy Attorney General (DAG), or the Senate-confirmed Assistant Attorney General for the National Security Division.

That is accurate. The second paragraph:

The FBI and DOJ obtained one initial FISA warrant targeting Carter Page and three FISA renewals from the FISC. As required by statute (50 U.S.C. 1805 (d)(1)) a FISA order on an American citizen must be renewed by the FISC every 90 days and each renewal requires a separate finding of probable cause. Then-Director James Comey signed three FISA applications in question on behalf of the FBI, and Deputy Director Andrew McCabe signed one. Sally Yates, then-Acting DAG Dana Boente, and DAG Rod Rosenstein each signed one or more FISA applications on behalf of DOJ.

That is accurate. The third paragraph:

Due to the sensitive nature of foreign intelligence activity, FISA submissions (including renewals) before the FISC are classified. As such, the public’s confidence in the integrity of the FISA process depends on the court’s ability to hold the government to the highest standard, particularly as it relates to surveillance of American citizens. However, the FISC's rigor in protecting the rights of Americans, which is reinforced by 90-day renewals of surveillance orders, is necessarily dependent on the government’s production to the court of all material and relevant facts. This should include information potentially favorable to the target of the FISA application that is known by the government. In the case of Carter Page, the government had at least four independent opportunities before the FISC to accurately provide an accounting of the relevant facts. However, our findings indicate that, as described below, material and relevant information was omitted.

That is accurate, but a reading of the last sentence, of course, depends on one's definition of "material and relevant." There is no doubt, however, that Nunes made a case that the information left out of the application, like the specific source of funding for the Steele dossier, was "material and relevant" to the Page case.

The fourth paragraph:

1) The "dossier" compiled by Christopher Steele (Steele dossier) on behalf of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and the Hillary Clinton campaign formed an essential part of the Carter Page FISA application. Steele was a longtime FBI source who was paid over $160,000 by the DNC and Clinton campaign, via the law firm Perkins Coie and research firm Fusion GPS, to obtain derogatory information on Donald Trump's ties to Russia.

That is accurate. When the Nunes memo was released, there was controversy over its assertion that the dossier formed an "essential" part of the Page FISA application. But Senate Judiciary Committee staff, who reviewed the FISA application separately from the House, concluded that the dossier allegations made up the "bulk" of the application. Even a Washington Post articleSunday purporting to debunk the Nunes memo in light of the FISA application conceded that the dossier played "a prominent role" in the FISA application. Finally, the Nunes memo's assertion, noted below, that former FBI number-two Andrew McCabe agreed that "no surveillance warrant would have been sought from the FISC without the Steele dossier information," was not challenged by Democrats when the Nunes memo was made public.

The fifth paragraph:

a) Neither the initial application in October 2016, nor any of the renewals, disclose or reference the role of the DNC, Clinton campaign, or any party/campaign in funding Steele's efforts, even though the political origins of the Steele dossier were then known to senior DOJ and FBI officials.}
FISA warrant application supports Nunes memo
Gee what a surprise, you didn't cite the actual FISA application, just as I predicted. You cited the FAKE NEWS Washington Examiner citing the lying scum Nunes' worthless opinion.

... and
No, you said the HuffPo was the SOURCE, and it wasn't.

Are you stupid, boy?

Ed the fucking liar..

{
}

You scumbag pile of shit. You have no honor, no integrity. You think Communism is so important that you'll lie bald faced to advance it. Traitor mother fucker that you are.
Grow up :asshole:

To be quite blunt...getting a FISA warrant against a low level staffer like Carter Page was the PERFECT way to get access to most of the Trump campaign's communications!
The FISA warrant on Page only had to do with communications with Russia.
Well Oldstyle is inadvertently admitting that most of Tramp's campaign had communications with Russia.
Thank you, Oldstyle!

What I'm pointing out is that the Obama Administration used the FISA Court to legally spy on it's political opposition! Something that goes far beyond the crude break in at Democratic headquarters in the Watergate building! This was a deliberate abuse of the laws that were put in place to spy on terrorists...to spy on an Administration's political enemies! It a far bigger scandal than Watergate ever was!
Obama and Trump never ran against each other. Obama was never Trump's opposition. Hillary was.
If Obama's admin had made public during the campaign details about Russian influence in Trump campaign, that could have been seen as putting his thumb on the election. But instead, Comey announced re-opening of Hillary's email investigation, which probably cost her the election.
FBI warned Trump campaign about Russian efforts. Since the Trump campaign knew what FBI was up to, and spying is something that can only happen covertly, there was no spying.

Obama and Trump never ran against each other. Obama was never Trump's opposition. Hillary was.
If Obama's admin had made public during the campaign details about Russian influence in Trump campaign, that could have been seen as putting his thumb on the election. But instead, Comey announced re-opening of Hillary's email investigation, which probably cost her the election.
FBI warned Trump campaign about Russian efforts. Since the Trump campaign knew what FBI was up to, and spying is something that can only happen covertly, there was no spying.

Potentate Obamugabe used the full power and resources of the federal government to influence and alter the 2016 election, including former KGB agent John Brennan providing Glenn Simpson contacts within the Kremlin to craft the dossier used to spy on the opposition candidate and provided to the party press with the intent of influencing and altering the election.

Potentate Obamugabe used the full power and resources of the federal government to influence and alter the 2016 election, including former KGB agent John Brennan providing Glenn Simpson contacts within the Kremlin to craft the dossier used to spy on the opposition candidate and provided to the party press with the intent of influencing and altering the election.
Great fantasy you got going there.

Forum List

Back