The Democrat "Pot Vote"

It only seems hypocritical, they really do care about health and reefercusions....:razz:

here's the problem. they have taxed alcohol so heavily it is now getting too expensive for them to use thier drug of choice to buy votes. so they are looking to introduce a cheaper alternative, pot, into the mix.

Pot is cheaper than alcohol? Can you talk about shit you know about for once in your life?

How much is pot these days? I've heard it is pretty expensive.

Just for comparison, pot was 20 bucks an ounce when I started out. A "dime" bag was called a dime bag because it was half an ounce that cost 10 dollars. Do they still call half an ounce a dime bag? I know a few years ago they were still calling it that.

I understand pot is far more potent these days, too. So that should be factored into the price. Sort of like the difference between beer and Everclear.

It only seems hypocritical, they really do care about health and reefercusions....:razz:

here's the problem. they have taxed alcohol so heavily it is now getting too expensive for them to use thier drug of choice to buy votes. so they are looking to introduce a cheaper alternative, pot, into the mix.

When I infrequently smoked pot in college, it made me not want to study. Plus I was a dangerous driver as I was driving so slowly, yet feeling as if I were driving fast.

I stopped smoking that stuff and got on with life in the fast lane, to entrepreneurship. I couldn't have done that, had I stayed on the weed. The people I know here, that smoke it, never have a problem buying it and are always stoned and on a couch. The one that works with me, make serious mistakes, memory related, when at work and on the road. But she is a chronic pothead and loves it for years now. She uses a bong. I like her better when she is not on it and I can tell when she is and when she isn't. Anytime I have asked her, she has been honest to tell me I am right. She cannot notice a difference in herself in both states of mind.

She is one very good human-being in all ways important to me and to those that love her, which is almost everybody. :D

i smoked a lot of pot in HS. it always made me lazy. it definitely breeds apathy. you do become content just hanging out. which is why i probably gravitated to the speed drugs and eventually coke. at least i was doing things on them.

I know a lot of stoners and they are all pretty much the same. out of it. don't give a shit. years ago, one of my stoner friends was working on his truck. he went in to eat, left the door open and the interior lights burning. ate, got stoned, eventually crashed and never got back to the truck. so eventually the battery died. the truck sat there, dead battery, door open for days, then weeks. eventually the snows came. now it sat there dead battery, door open and full of snow. in the spring the snow melted and the truck still stood there. but thats a stoner for you.

Pot is cheaper than alcohol? Can you talk about shit you know about for once in your life?

Just for comparison, pot was 20 bucks an ounce when I started out. A "dime" bag was called a dime bag because it was half an ounce that cost 10 dollars. Do they still call half an ounce a dime bag? I know a few years ago they were still calling it that.

I understand pot is far more potent these days, too. So that should be factored into the price. Sort of like the difference between beer and Everclear.

because it is so expensive now if you bu a dime, that is a lot. it is sold in smaller quantities more often. but it is also a hell of a lot more powerful. one hit today has you wasted.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

When I infrequently smoked pot in college, it made me not want to study. Plus I was a dangerous driver as I was driving so slowly, yet feeling as if I were driving fast.

I stopped smoking that stuff and got on with life in the fast lane, to entrepreneurship. I couldn't have done that, had I stayed on the weed. The people I know here, that smoke it, never have a problem buying it and are always stoned and on a couch. The one that works with me, make serious mistakes, memory related, when at work and on the road. But she is a chronic pothead and loves it for years now. She uses a bong. I like her better when she is not on it and I can tell when she is and when she isn't. Anytime I have asked her, she has been honest to tell me I am right. She cannot notice a difference in herself in both states of mind.

She is one very good human-being in all ways important to me and to those that love her, which is almost everybody. :D

i smoked a lot of pot in HS. it always made me lazy. it definitely breeds apathy. you do become content just hanging out. which is why i probably gravitated to the speed drugs and eventually coke. at least i was doing things on them.

I know a lot of stoners and they are all pretty much the same. out of it. don't give a shit. years ago, one of my stoner friends was working on his truck. he went in to eat, left the door open and the interior lights burning. ate, got stoned, eventually crashed and never got back to the truck. so eventually the battery died. the truck sat there, dead battery, door open for days, then weeks. eventually the snows came. now it sat there dead battery, door open and full of snow. in the spring the snow melted and the truck still stood there. but thats a stoner for you.

I know a lot of alkies. I wish one of my alkie friends had fallen asleep. Instead, he drove drunk and killed a mother and child. But that's an alky for you.

Sheesh...

Republicans say everything is hypocritical. They refuse to admit that everyone is a hypocrite in some way. So it seems like "wow" but really its just "meh"

Again, notice the repub forgets to include his answer and goes for the common "Dems think..." bullshit because they lack ideas

Take another hit, give up on the day, you're making excuses but not much sense.

You're a little light in the ideas department. Whats your plan? What do you believe?

Yeah, and driving while under the influence of alcohol probably makes you a dangerous driver too doesn't it? Does that mean alcohol should be illegal?

People of all wakes of life smoke pot, just like people from all wakes of life drink alcohol. If someone smokes pot and is in depression or not doing well in life it's because of other outside factors, not the pot, just like an alcoholic has other issues in life causing the alcoholism.

And actually there are studies showing pot reduces suicide rates among younger men, if anything it helps with major depression or stress.

Last edited:
And you're for huge big honking government if you agree with the war on drugs.

VERY true--we've already wasted 1 trillion dollars on the war on marijuana--that hasn't even put a dent into the flow of it.

At least Coloradoans caught onto it--by legalizing it and regulating it like alcohol--(the more dangerous drug) and the state is reaping the rewards with millions of dollars in new tax revenue coming in.

But some people just don't get the concept of that yet---:cuckoo:

Typically 1 gram of the good stuff is $20 nowadays. For a half ounce you're looking at probably $240. Which as you can see with Spoonmans knowledge is cheaper than a 40oz /sarcasm

You do know that it's not LEGAL in Colorado to smoke pot or drink alcohol for that matter when you're a minor?

Again--you're just clarifying how easy it was for you to get black market pot. And no a lot of adults that are very responsible--working taxpaying citizens do use marijuana to relax with. You just never met any.

Futhermore marijuana is not just a democrat thing. El Paso county in Colorado, considered the church capital of the United States (very conservative district) voted to legalize marijuana in this state. I know--I live here.

I know a lot of alkies. I wish one of my alkie friends had fallen asleep. Instead, he drove drunk and killed a mother and child. But that's an alky for you.

driving stoned will do that to you too.

Yes it will, which is why I keep saying whatever you have to say about people who smoke pot applies equally to people who drink alcohol. So don't make stupid generalizations, especially ones based on anedotal experience.

Sheesh...

Republicans say everything is hypocritical. They refuse to admit that everyone is a hypocrite in some way. So it seems like "wow" but really its just "meh"

Again, notice the repub forgets to include his answer and goes for the common "Dems think..." bullshit because they lack ideas

You're a little light in the ideas department. Whats your plan? What do you believe?

I started the thread to get the discussion going. I don't have a plan, I'm just interested in reading over the responses and adding my 2 cents.

My feeling is that in moderation and absolute concern for others safety pot, alcohol, prescriptions and mind manipulation drugs would be fine but that's rarely the case.

I started the thread to get the discussion going. I don't have a plan, I'm just interested in reading over the responses and adding my 2 cents.

Of course you dont have an idea. Of course you are only interested in adding your 2 cents. Thats all you have.

My feeling is that in moderation and absolute concern for others safety pot, alcohol, prescriptions and mind manipulation drugs would be fine but that's rarely the case.

But only one is illegal

Yes it will, which is why I keep saying whatever you have to say about people who smoke pot applies equally to people who drink alcohol. So don't make stupid generalizations, especially ones based on anedotal experience.

talk about making stupid generalizations, you assume everyone who drinks gets behind the wheel drunk. you also assume everyone who drinks, gets drunk. anyone you know who mokes pot just because they like the taste?

LOL, pot is MUCH more expensive than booze.

please, the government will just hand out a few care packages of seeds and say here, grow your own.

This has turned into How much is wrong in every Spoonman post?

He has at least 2 spoonfuls of wrong in each one

Pot is like anything else. To much and at the wrong time is bad.
Some have self control others dont. I would never smoke before work or at lunch yet others did and it showed in their production.
Hell I'm retired and there is no reason I couldn't smoke everyday all day but I dont because it takes away from quality of life.
Hanging out by a campfire drinking a few beers? Perfect time for a few bowl hits.
Going to see your broker...bad time.

But I'm of the mind that you cant protect everyone without denying those who are responsible. That goes for weed,alcohol and cheeseburgers and a long list of other enjoyable endeavors.

And as most of you know I'm a Conservative. But I guess I've got a little Libertarian in me as well.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back