THE DEATH OF "True" CONSERVATISM

You need glasses?????​

Eisenhower was about as Conservative as Barrack Obama. I was hoping that you had a serious answer.
I was hoping you weren't Webster-challenged:​

Conservatism

a : disposition in politics to preserve what is established

b : a political philosophy based on tradition and social stability, stressing established institutions, and preferring gradual development to abrupt change; specifically : such a philosophy calling for lower taxes, limited government regulation of business and investing, a strong national defense, and individual financial responsibility for personal needs (as retirement income or health-care coverage)

Where's the conflict with

Eisenhower??

:eusa_eh:

Last edited:
Why True Conservative Feel Betrayed By President Bush

These Republitards and rightwingers calling themselves conservatives are not the real deal conservatives, just extremist loonies who appeal to lowest common denominatorof the ignorant.

true conservatism starts with accepting the inherently wicked nature of Man as a fixed reality and progresses from there to the realisation that a civilisied Society is a multigenerational pact between those who went before, those who are the current stewards of this world and those who will follow.

the right consists of people who are willing to do the corporate bidding at the detriment of the vast majority of Americans.

I dont care what its labeled.

It is not good for America
You need to look at who is in Obamas Cabinet before you start casting aspersions.

You are correct, he's a corporatist too. That's what happens when you have butt loads of anonymous cash infused in our elections process...

true conservatism starts with accepting the inherently wicked nature of Man as a fixed reality and progresses from there to the realisation that a civilisied Society is a multigenerational pact between those who went before, those who are the current stewards of this world and those who will follow.

Exactly. Which is why True Conservatism MUST START WITH Social Conservatism, as a means to ensure that each generation passes on the understanding of the difference between Right and Wrong to the next generation with sufficient force that it gets passed on to their children as well.

True Conservatism MUST START WITH Social Conservatism, as a means to ensure that each generation passes on the understanding of the difference between Right and Wrong to the next generation with sufficient force that it gets passed on to their children as well.

Ah...the "social" conservative. And what does that all entail exactly?

Bush was never a Conservative

I find it funny that people don't get that.

I also find it funny that Bass has apparently been authorized to decide who is, or is not, a conservative. I wonder how he scored that gig? Affirmative Action? :lol:

I'll say it again, *YOU* specifically are *NOT* a conservative and yes, I can say that about *YOU* and the rest of the rightwing, partisan hacks sym-pathetic to the Teabaggers and Republitards that we have in office.

You are welcome to your *OPINION*, Charlie. But your *OPINION* ain't fact.

I respect politicians that do what the people who voted them into office want them to do. Politicians are not supposed to decide for their constituents, they are supposed to listen to their constituents and vote accordingly.

All I am quite certain of is that today's self-proclaiming conservatives AND liberals are not much like those former conservatives and liberals of my boyhood.

The leaders of two schools of political thought once actually LIKED this nation and its people.

Not so much anymore, eh?

That entails: Traditional Morals and Values, Gender Roles, the acceptance of Right and Wrong as immovable and unchanging Ideals with no "grey areas", and the ideal that what an individual SHOULD do/say/believe/etc... is vastly more important than what they CAN or WANT to do/say/believe/etc....

The leaders of two schools of political thought once actually LIKED this nation and its people. Not so much anymore, eh?

As a Conservative, I find very little in this Nation, its Citizenry, or the entire WORLD in general TO like anymore.

Then again, as a Conservative I understand that what one likes, wants, or can do generally has absolutely nothing to do with what one SHOULD do, which is the most important thing.

That entails: Traditional Morals and Values, Gender Roles, the acceptance of Right and Wrong as immovable and unchanging Ideals with no "grey areas", and the ideal that what an individual SHOULD do/say/believe/etc... is vastly more important than what they CAN or WANT to do/say/believe/etc....

Good luck with all of that. Sorry, but that sort of "conservatism" truly is dead. People have realized that we can be moral and know the difference between right and wrong and still value all the shades of grey.

Good luck with all of that. Sorry, but that sort of "conservatism" truly is dead. People have realized that we can be moral and know the difference between right and wrong and still value all the shades of grey.

Then this species no longer has any more value than the bubonic plague virus and ought to be wiped off the face of the planet just as completely as that historical menace should be.

Then this species no longer has any more value than the bubonic plague virus and ought to be wiped off the face of the planet just as completely as that historical menace should be.

Wow, aren't you a bundle of joy. It must suck to be that bitter.

Life is NOT about joy, pleasure, or happiness. It IS about Right and Wrong and always has been.

My "bitterness" comes from the fact that while my DECENT lifestyle does not adversely affect your INDECENT one; your INDECENT lifestyle most definitely DOES adversely affect my DECENT one.

Life is NOT about joy, pleasure, or happiness. It IS about Right and Wrong and always has been.

You must be REALLY fun at parties. Do you flog yourself too?

My "bitterness" comes from the fact that while my DECENT lifestyle does not adversely affect your INDECENT one; your INDECENT lifestyle most definitely DOES adversely affect my DECENT one.

My "indecent" lifestyle? For example? How does my "lifestyle" (whatever that means) have any affect on YOU what-so-ever?
:cuckoo:

You must be REALLY fun at parties. Do you flog yourself too?

I don't do a whole lot of partying. Most of it is a massive waste of time and an invitation to those things which are generally WRONG in society.

As for the flogging.... Only on the mental level for the most part. Though some people would probably consider my gym workouts to be almost self-abusive at times as well.

My "indecent" lifestyle? For example? How does my "lifestyle" (whatever that means) have any affect on YOU what-so-ever? :cuckoo:

It was more a general descriptor than a personal admonishment, but I'm fairly certain you agree with many of the things I'll comment on...

Having to go to three different banks on a Saturday morning to find a MALE teller to do my banking with. Likewise, having to take a half day off of work to get a male tax preparer to work with at my local office (3 women, 1 man in the office). Having to be prepared to defend myself at all times because your indecent society fails to properly incarcerate or eliminate violent criminals. Paying higher taxes to support the lazy and worthless sacks of garbage on our welfare system. Having to see two men (or women) walk down the street holding hands because our society no longer enforces ANY form of sexual morality.

Should I go on, or do you get the idea?

My "indecent" lifestyle? For example? How does my "lifestyle" (whatever that means) have any affect on YOU what-so-ever? :cuckoo:

It was more a general descriptor than a personal admonishment, but I'm fairly certain you agree with many of the things I'll comment on...

Having to go to three different banks on a Saturday morning to find a MALE teller to do my banking with. Likewise, having to take a half day off of work to get a male tax preparer to work with at my local office (3 women, 1 man in the office). Having to be prepared to defend myself at all times because your indecent society fails to properly incarcerate or eliminate violent criminals. Paying higher taxes to support the lazy and worthless sacks of garbage on our welfare system. Having to see two men (or women) walk down the street holding hands because our society no longer enforces ANY form of sexual morality.

Should I go on, or do you get the idea?

Oh we get the idea...and are laughing as a result.

The jist...women belong in the home, barefoot and pregnant and the only welfare should be corporate welfare. How am I doing so far?

How does two men or two women holding hands have ANY "affect" on you? You think they should be forbidden from doing so? Sounds like some extremist Muslim countries...

A young monk arrives at the monastery.
He is assigned to helping the other monks in copying
the old canons and laws of the church by hand.

He notices, however, that all of the monks are
copying from copies, not from the original manuscript.
So, the new monk goes to the head abbot to question this,

Pointing out that if someone made even a small error
in the first copy, it would never be picked up!
In fact, that error would be continued in all of the subsequent copies.

The head monk, says, 'We have been copying from the
copies for centuries, but you make a good point, my son.'
He goes down into the dark caves underneath the monastery
where the original manuscripts are held as archives in a
locked vault that hasn't been opened for hundreds of years.
Hours go by and nobody sees the old abbot.

So, the young monk gets worried and goes down to look for him.
He finds him banging his head against the wall and wailing,
'We missed the R!
We missed the R!
We missed the R!'
His forehead is all bloody and bruised and he is crying uncontrollably.
The young monk asks the old abbot, 'What's wrong, father?'

With A choking voice, the old abbot replies,

'The word was...

CELEBRATE!

Egos are indecent and affect others.

Geez, what did an Eggo ever do to you?

fcb_eggo_web.jpg

Oh we get the idea...and are laughing as a result.

Laugh all you want. Your eternal "reward" awaits you and I feel quite confident that you will not be laughing when you receive it.

The jist...women belong in the home, barefoot and pregnant and the only welfare should be corporate welfare. How am I doing so far?

Close but no cigar. Women belong in their proper place, as do men. That's not always "barefoot and pregnant"; but it is definitely not on the masthead of a Fortune 500 company. There should be NO WELFARE OF ANY SORT. Not personal, not international or disaster aid, not corporate.

How does two men or two women holding hands have ANY "affect" on you? You think they should be forbidden from doing so? Sounds like some extremist Muslim countries...

The acceptability of such acts degrades the overall expectations of morality and decency in society. I think they should definitely be forbidden from doing so in any public place. What they do in PRIVATE is another story. Yes it does sound very close to some Muslim countries.

what a load of crap. social conservatives are the exact opposite of true conservatism. To be a social con is to want larger government, Larger control, Its just YOUR control.

Then obviously we have nothing further to discuss. Welcome to the Ignore List.

Forum List

Back