The Deafening Silence

This is what happens when you let, 'economic nationalists' take over your party via a reality TV personality.

Pandering to angry, old white people has screwed the Republicans for a generation.

They could have learned from California, no wonder Ryan wants out of this car crash.....
By "angry old white people" you mean people with wisdom and experience who built this country for the last 50 years. You would prefer to have the country run by a lot of gullible ignorant hot heads who light cars on fire when they don't get their way.

Last edited:
On the day Trump was inaugurated, the US debt stood at $19,947,304,555,212.

11 months later, it is $20,602,414,047,303.

The GOP has owned Congress for three years.

After bitching and whining and moaning and thrashing themselves silly over the climbing debt on Obama's watch, the pseudocons have been completely silent while Trump runs up the tab.

And since Trump is pushing a fake reform tax bill which will add another $1,500,000,000,000 to the federal debt, once can't help but detect the stench of hypocrisy before a psuedocon even comes over the horizon.

Since President Obama took office, the national debt has increased by $7.4 trillion. On January 20, 2009, it stood at $10.6 trillion; on Monday, it was at $18 trillion.Jan 7, 2015
I'm confident Trump will do his level best to top Obama's record.
heh - at this rate i'd not doubt it. just spend it on something else not needed.

we're so lost in the weeds it's not even funny. we need to fix our grid, educational system, and deal with a lot of at home problems but as long as we hate each other, who really cares what we're spending the $ on.

makes you wonder if it's intentional, encouraging this hate...
Oh, it's intentional. Very deliberate. It keeps the tards from noticing what hypocrites their own side is.

It also keeps the tards from noticing they are being robbed by the very assholes they are defending.

It's good to see you calling Republicans "hypocrites" and "tards." That pretty much proves you have always been a mole in the Republican party, doesn't it?

After bitching and whining and moaning and thrashing themselves silly over the climbing debt on Obama's watch, the pseudocons have been completely silent while Trump runs up the tab.

And since Trump is pushing a fake reform tax bill which will add another $1,500,000,000,000 to the federal debt, once can't help but detect the stench of hypocrisy before a psuedocon even comes over the horizon.

Since President Obama took office, the national debt has increased by $7.4 trillion. On January 20, 2009, it stood at $10.6 trillion; on Monday, it was at $18 trillion.Jan 7, 2015
I'm confident Trump will do his level best to top Obama's record.
heh - at this rate i'd not doubt it. just spend it on something else not needed.

we're so lost in the weeds it's not even funny. we need to fix our grid, educational system, and deal with a lot of at home problems but as long as we hate each other, who really cares what we're spending the $ on.

makes you wonder if it's intentional, encouraging this hate...
Oh, it's intentional. Very deliberate. It keeps the tards from noticing what hypocrites their own side is.

It also keeps the tards from noticing they are being robbed by the very assholes they are defending.

It's good to see you calling Republicans "hypocrites" and "tards." That pretty much proves you have always been a mole in the Republican party, doesn't it?
I'd think a true mole would try n hide better.

Republicans only care about the debt when a Democrat is in the White House
Politicians in general only care when it sounds good out on the stump. They're so afraid of "cutting" spending because the media will call anything short of spending more a cut. If you give the same worthless government agency the same amount of money to waste next as last the media will claim you're cutting their budget. It's ridiculous.

The Republicans have become the party that cries like widows whenever a Democrat is president about the debt, but as soon as a Republican is president they view the national treasury as daddy's credit card that has a $4 trillion dollar limit and then they spend WAYYY over the limit for goodies for themselves and their donors.

And the absolute flakes that vote for these people are fooled over and over on this.

The Republicans have become the party that cries like widows whenever a Democrat is president about the debt, but as soon as a Republican is president they view the national treasury as daddy's credit card that has a $4 trillion dollar limit and then they spend WAYYY over the limit for goodies for themselves and their donors.

And the absolute flakes that vote for these people are fooled over and over on this.

Your hero just got done running up the credti card by $10 trillion, douchebag. You have no credibility on deficit spending.

Are you finally catching on, or are you still a partisan dupe?
I decided eight days ago to de-register as a Republican. I am going to register as an Independent.

I held out hope for far too long that the GOP could come back to the conservative reservation, but I have now lost all hope that will ever happen.
Sure, Jake. You were a real Republican

The silence is that the pro-Trump supporters are loath to consider the tax bills are premised upon "deficits don't matter... Reagan taught us that."

And indeed, if we somehow magically average 3% growth over inflation for ten, twenty years, the added debt won't amount to much having an effect on the overall economy. Ayn Ryan promises us we'll learn to love the tax bills.

The Treasury Department will have to take extraordinary measures, including borrowing from the Thrift Savings Plan’s G fund, for the next few months in order to keep the federal government from defaulting on its debts.

As the federal government comes close to reaching its current borrowing limit of nearly $20.5 trillion, the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, which manages the TSP, announced on Dec. 13 that the Treasury Department would temporarily suspend investments into the TSP until Congress votes to extend the government’s debt limit.

“As of today, December 13, 2017, the U.S. Treasury was unable to fully invest the Government Securities Investment (G) Fund due to the statutory ceiling on the federal debt,” the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board posted online. “However, G Fund investors remain fully protected and G Fund earnings are fully guaranteed by the federal government. This statutory guarantee has effectively protected G Fund investors many times over the past 25 years. G Fund account balances will continue to accrue earnings and will be updated each business day, and loans and withdrawals will be unaffected.”

Even though the federal government maxed out its “debt ceiling” limit to borrow new funds on or around Dec. 9, according to Congressional Budget Office estimates, the Treasury Department can continue to borrow through these extraordinary measures until it runs out of cash in March or April 2018. Congress is expected to vote on extending the debt ceiling around that time.

https://federalnewsradio.com/tsp/2017/12/treasury-eyes-g-fund-as-stopgap-way-to-avoid-debt-ceiling/

https://marketing.federalnewsradio....amai and Carahsoft&utm_source=inarticle_promo

Speaking of deafening silences, I wonder how Collins will react when the Turtle tells her thanks for your tax vote, but the WH and Ryan aren't interested in my promise to you about stabilizing Obamacare markets. LOL

I decided eight days ago to de-register as a Republican. I am going to register as an Independent.

I held out hope for far too long that the GOP could come back to the conservative reservation, but I have now lost all hope that will ever happen.
There is an Independent party in some states. If you want to be unaffiliated, do NOT tell them you want to be an Independent. If you are registered in the Independent party, you can't vote in the primaries.

This is what happens when you let, 'economic nationalists' take over your party via a reality TV personality.

Pandering to angry, old white people has screwed the Republicans for a generation.

They could have learned from California, no wonder Ryan wants out of this car crash.....
Paul Ryan looked REALLY happy when he brought the gavel down on that House vote. Years of wishing, finally fulfilled.
He's happy as a clam.

There is an Independent party in some states. If you want to be unaffiliated, do NOT tell them you want to be an Independent. If you are registered in the Independent party, you can't vote in the primaries.
In my state there is an Independent Party, but there is also an option for ""Not a member of a party". I chose the latter.

Sure, Jake. You were a real Republican
That's right. I am a conservative. I believe in telling the truth, not running up debt, small government, and morality.

You and the GOP no longer believe in any of those things.

"My first day in office, I'm going to ask Congress to put a bill on my desk getting rid of this disastrous law, and replacing it with reforms that expand choice, freedom, affordability. You're going to have such great health care at a tiny fraction of the cost, and it's going to be so easy."

Demonstrating that Republican outrage over debt was a scam (what ever happened to the Tea Party?)

Rather than oppose popular programs like healthcare, education and infrastructure, Republicans wrapped it all up in a concern over debt

We just can't afford it

But borrowing $1.5 trillion to provide tax cuts to billionaires?
No problem

Debt means much more when economic growth is stagnant. Much less in a thriving economy.

Which would you rather own?

A house with a mortgage of $20K on a house you can sell for 100k

Or a house with a 25k mortgage you can sell for $125k?

I’ll take door #2

The hypocritical pseudocons can only jeer and laugh nervously when confronted with the harsh light of truth.

Their souls are dead.

It's the only way they can utter what they know to be lies. It's the only way they can parrot the manufactured hypocritical outrage over the debt and rising health care costs and moral turpitude. It's the only way they can vote for a big spending, lying, incredibly sinful and corrupt deceiver.

Forum List

Back