The DaVinci Code

stoor

Rookie
Nov 9, 2004
I am reading it now and I can see how this book can be offensive. It has been said that there are alot of historic facts in this book but obviously there are also of fiction in the book. What is true and what is false, or is this something I need to research for myself. Thoughts on the book? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

stoor said:
I am reading it now and I can see how this book can be offensive. It has been said that there are alot of historic facts in this book but obviously there are also of fiction in the book. What is true and what is false, or is this something I need to research for myself. Thoughts on the book? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

well it is a work of fiction .... as you are reading it and i assume have not finished it then i am hesitant to say much because i do not want to spoil it for you ... i would suggest you finish it then do the research ... i will say this .... all of the places exist ... all of the various sects exist or are alledeged to ... how they are all intertwined is a work of fiction .... still i really enjoyed the book and the matriarchal themes

This book paves the way for the antichrist to return to earth, presenting himself as a blood descendant of christ, or so some claim. :)

stoor said:

There was a History Channel report on this. There is no empirical evidence of truth in the Da Vinci code. Much of the information has been shown to be inaccurate. It is one theory being presented as a fictional story, it should not be taken without a grain of salt.

no1tovote4 said:
There was a History Channel report on this. There is no empirical evidence of truth in the Da Vinci code. Much of the information has been shown to be inaccurate. It is one theory being presented as a fictional story, it should not be taken without a grain of salt.

I thought it was a good read though.

rtwngAvngr said:
This book paves the way for the antichrist to return to earth, presenting himself as a blood descendant of christ, or so some claim. :)

if the antichrist is a blood descendent would he or she already be here?

manu1959 said:
if the antichrist is a blood descendent would he or she already be here?

Possibly. But then again, perhaps through the years those that think they hold the bloodline haven't tried to abuse that knowledge as the AC eventually will (under this theory).

rtwngAvngr said:

Does this mean the Antichrist will be French? :)

gop_jeff said:
I like Musicman's retort... but actually the Bible shows that the Antichrist will be of Roman decent.

Some of the French are definitely of Roman decent. It is still a possibility.

Actually, the AC comes forth out of the revived Roman Empire

Reference: Dan 9:26

However, he will be Assyrian as he is referred to as the Assyrian.

Reference: Isa 30:31 also Mic 5:6

freeandfun1 said:
Actually, the AC comes forth out of the revived Roman Empire

Reference: Dan 9:26

However, he will be Assyrian as he is referred to as the Assyrian.

Reference: Isa 30:31 also Mic 5:6

Revived Roman Empire? Hmmmm...... Sounds like the EU to me.

I was just having some fun with the premise of The DaVinci Code that Jesus got married and his family and decendants lived in France following his crucifixion. I was jesting that the Antichrist might come from that country as well. But as Musicman pointed out, the Antichrist will have great power and influence, so I guess that leaves Frenchmen out!

Adam's Apple said:
I was just having some fun with the premise of The DaVinci Code that Jesus got married and his family and decendants lived in France following his crucifixion. I was jesting that the Antichrist might come from that country as well. But as Musicman pointed out, the Antichrist will have great power and influence, so I guess that leaves Frenchmen out!

LOL....i will give three to one odds that the french will surrender first

freeandfun1 said:
that is what many think.

Bible scholars speak of "the ten toes of Daniel", meaning that, at the time of the great conflagration, the nations in the EU will number ten.

Forum List

Back