The "Czar" Debate settled once and for all.

"A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right." - Thomas Paine

Just because other Presidents have had Czars doesn't mean it's right or constitutional.

Many of the "czars" are people working in the Executive Office of the President. Is the existence of the EOP unconstitutional?

The Czars aren't confirmed by the Senate, and are therefore unconstitutional.

Go back and read earlier on this very page.

"A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right." - Thomas Paine

Just because other Presidents have had Czars doesn't mean it's right or constitutional.

Many of the "czars" are people working in the Executive Office of the President. Is the existence of the EOP unconstitutional?

They were calling them Czars back then. Even with confirmation hearings.

Published: February 15, 1989 <---
Federal File: The drug czar's status; Transitions

People tapped for high-level federal posts usually decline to talk to reporters until after the Senate acts on their nomination.

But William J. Bennett granted a few interviews last week to try to stem criticism of the decision by President Bush that he will not have full Cabinet status if confirmed as the first federal "drug czar."

The former Secretary of Education, whose confirmation hearings are set for March, told reporters the decision did not bother him and that he had "the President's confidence." He also said he would not discuss his priorities until after he has prepared the plan for governmentwide anti-drug efforts that he is required to complete within 180...
http://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/1...les/1989/02/15/08170028.h08.html&levelId=2100

the point is, some of the people that are being CALLED Czars, are normal cabinet posts that HAVE been confirmed

And the ones that aren't in confirmed positions lack real authority. They're basically people who write reports and give suggestions to the president.

Czar has a catchy ring to it and then you don't have to remember so many names.......

why? he has to stand by what he posts,, wiki doesn't ..not to mention Beck's list was created way before this controversy arose.. so suck a lemon

Beck's list would also want to not include the huge number of Bush Czars. Why? Because it would make Beck look bad.

Recently Glenn Beck posted a picture of all Obama's Czars and ended up posting the same picture twice of the same person in the poster. So much for accuracy.
I've not found Beck to be particularly favorable towards Mr. Bush. In fact, I find that he is not particularly favorable to any party.

What is it that you find objectionable? The fact that the GOP'ers did not show outrage at Mr. Bush's czars; that the Democrats did were not vocal enough in objecting to Mr. Bush's czars or the fact that Glenn Beck has the audacity to actually question our politicians and their motives?

And the ones that aren't in confirmed positions lack real authority. They're basically people who write reports and give suggestions to the president.
Ah.

So we are paying them a lot of money to basically do nothing that other think tanks provide to the government for free.

Ah.

So we are paying them a lot of money to basically do nothing that other think tanks provide to the government for free.

You act as if in-house expertise is a bad thing.

Ah.

You act as if in-house expertise is a bad thing.
I act in no such way.

I made an observation and will ask a few questions.

Why are they being paid if all they do is write reports on things that can be gleaned else where for free or a substantially lower cost?

Why are we not questioning this no matter who is the President? Why are we not questioning the motives of ALL of our elected officials?

the point is, some of the people that are being CALLED Czars, are normal cabinet posts that HAVE been confirmed

True. I was trying to point out that I don't consider someone a Czar unless they have not been confirmed by the Senate. While we may object to an adviser that has been confirmed, to call them a Czar, in my opinion, is dishonest.

That's assuming that there are think tanks working on the specific policy items the administration is looking to address. Sure, there are groups writing papers on the broad headings, but what about specific items?

God bless Van Jones. He fought hard for clean Green stuff that would help make the world cleaner and of course the racist extremists aka kkk "Republicans" could not stand to see a smart black man in charge of the new economy that Obama will enact for the good of all the world.

Go get your marching orders from Boss Limbaugh you nutjob idiots!

That's assuming that there are think tanks working on the specific policy items the administration is looking to address. Sure, there are groups writing papers on the broad headings, but what about specific items?
All of the high end think tanks (both left and right) detail just about every issue that rises to the level of the legislative and executive branches. You know this as well as I do.

The real concern here is twofold.

We've been talking about one of them. Costs.

But the other is power. Think tanks don't have any real power to levy against any citizens.

How much power do these czars wield? Having the President's ear entails the parting of some power. So, how much?

God bless Van Jones. He fought hard for clean Green stuff that would help make the world cleaner and of course the racist extremists aka kkk "Republicans" could not stand to see a smart black man in charge of the new economy that Obama will enact for the good of all the world.

Prozac is your friend.

Prozac is your friend.

HEY. Some people need Prozac to function A-HOLE.

How dare you conservative nut jobs make fun of people with disabilities.

I can't wait until Obama puts you all where you belong - in the nuthouse!!!!!!! :lol::lol:

Ah, the old standby that Obama himself loves, 'you can't criticize me if I do what Bush did.'

In case you haven't noticed, Bush left office with about a 22% approval rating, and is reviled by most people.

This entire OP is childish, saying 'nobody cared' for 8 years of Bush.

Of course we cared, and we fought it as we do with your new god.

The current support of the incumbent party seems to operate on a maturity level of a 7 year old, whenever critized they throw fits and say 'mommy mommy, they did it too!'

Well bad news, we went after Chimpola and we are going after Obama.

This is NOT the 'change' that lying fucktard promised.

Prozac is your friend.

I can't wait until Obama puts you all where you belong - in the nuthouse!!!!!!! :lol::lol:
Really? I would never have guessed.

:lol:

Why not ask some of your friends for a hit or three, eh?

Prozac is your friend.

A HIT.

Did you just threaten my life??

Oh, you are reported BIG TIME A-HOLE.

BIG TIME.

A HIT.

Did you just threaten my life??

Oh, you are reported BIG TIME A-HOLE.

BIG TIME.
Yeah, why don't you do that. I think that the board moderators need to see just how unstable you really are.

Forum List

Back