The cry of a true Republican...a must read!

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/23/o...l=1&adxnnlx=1382523460-UpPfZvOmafr08mqKRGAgeQ

This recent display of bomb-throwing obstructionism by Republicans in Congress evokes another painful, historically embarrassing chapter in the Republican Party — that of Senator Joseph McCarthy, chairman of the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, whose anti-Communist crusade was allowed by Republican elders to expand unchecked, unnecessarily and unfairly tarnishing the reputations of thousands of people with “Red Scare” accusations of Communist affiliation. Finally Senator McCarthy was brought up short during the questioning of the United States Army’s chief counsel, Joseph N. Welch, who at one point demanded the senator’s attention, then said: “Until this moment, Senator, I think I never really gauged your cruelty or your recklessness.” He later added: “Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?”

This should be a wakeup call for the GOP. Will it? Or will it be dismissed as just another RINO or Democrat planted antagonist? What wil it be?

The snivel of a true Democrat..

The roll-out of Dem-O-care is a far greater wake-up call, I'd worry about that and Dem-O-Care's inevitable failure if'n I was You.

The success of the Democrat Party absolutely depends on it...

What your talking about is liberal re-written history from what 65ish years ago (most could care less about ) and yesterdays news.

Last edited:
So you did not read it? It is written by a life long republican and relative of a republican president.

Eac time you RWers close your eyes and look the other way....you lose a little more. Shouln't you begin noticing that?

The roll-out of Dem-O-care is a far greater wake-up call, I'd worry about that and Dem-O-Care's inevitable failure if'n I was You.

What your talking about is liberal re-written history from what 65ish years ago (most could care less about ) and yesterdays news.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6cIVThPxNs]Mark Levin Show - Ronald Reagan vs. Liberals - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/23/o...l=1&adxnnlx=1382523460-UpPfZvOmafr08mqKRGAgeQ

This recent display of bomb-throwing obstructionism by Republicans in Congress evokes another painful, historically embarrassing chapter in the Republican Party — that of Senator Joseph McCarthy, chairman of the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, whose anti-Communist crusade was allowed by Republican elders to expand unchecked, unnecessarily and unfairly tarnishing the reputations of thousands of people with “Red Scare” accusations of Communist affiliation. Finally Senator McCarthy was brought up short during the questioning of the United States Army’s chief counsel, Joseph N. Welch, who at one point demanded the senator’s attention, then said: “Until this moment, Senator, I think I never really gauged your cruelty or your recklessness.” He later added: “Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?”

This should be a wakeup call for the GOP. Will it? Or will it be dismissed as just another RINO or Democrat planted antagonist? What wil it be?

I see the lwing are still hysterical fools.

So you did not read it? It is written by a life long republican and relative of a republican president.

Eac time you RWers close your eyes and look the other way....you lose a little more. Shouln't you begin noticing that?

Who the fuck cares? Your attempts to stereotype Republicans will fall on deaf ears.

Taft eh?

A true Republican doesn't need to declare himself one. But then again, I think we may be conflating Republican and Conservative.

McCarthy was understated, more people in the FDR White House reported to Stalin than to FDR

The ultimate irony is that the "no decency" comment was because McCarthy questioned the loyalty of one of the Senatorial staffers, who, as it turns out, take a guess, come on one guess, guess what the staffer was a member of...?

Last edited:
You bastards. Liberals trying to tell me what a liberal is. You progressives and I do understand the difference fuck off man.

Shouldn't Democrats worry more about America than walking/voting in lock step with their political party?

Who gives a flying rat's patoot if they claim to be a "Life Long Republican" or not? And don't forget, two of Ronald Reagan's children were flaming Liberals. Being a related to Republican President doesn't make you a Republican or a Conservative.

He may well be a "Life Long Republican"... But that doesn't make him a Conservative. Nor does that make him right. Look at some of the people who claimed to be "Republicans" in the past few years...

Jumping Jim Jeffords..

Arlen Specter..

Charlie Crist...

Lincoln Chaffee ..

these guys were real winners to start with.

It's just health care reform. It isn't the luxury of national health care, or even a single pay system. It's just reform.

For god's sake, let it go. It's not like American workers will finally have freedom or anything.

You repubs are like the ostrich that sticks its head in the sand. Sooner or later the fox (Baggers) come along and kill the big dumb bird. They will enjoy the meal!

It's just health care reform. It isn't the luxury of national health care, or even a single pay system. It's just reform.

For god's sake, let it go. It's not like American workers will finally have freedom or anything.

Yes indeed.. 1/6 th of the economy and government screwing over the healthcare system means nothing..:lol:

Americans should wake up to both Globalist parties.

Constitution Party > Home

America could have been in an Icelandic type recovery right now had we elected the Constitution Party members and Chuck Baldwin as President back in 2008.

:cool:

Forum List

Back