The crime of false accusation

northpolarbear

Oct 3, 2015
Jury awards Indiana couple $31M over false accusation

"A federal jury has awarded more than $31 million to a northwestern Indiana couple who sued the state after being wrongfully accused of causing their daughter's death."

To my understanding, accusation requires the accuser to prove the accused. Even if that's not the case for some foreign country, a North American should not have to follow that country's law. By the laws here, the accuser is the one who has to prove.

Defendant

"In criminal cases, the defendant is the person who has been accused of committing a particular crime or offense. Since the United States Constitution specifies that anyone who is accused of a crime is innocent until proven guilty, the defendant in a criminal case is not responsible for proving that he or she is innocent. Rather, the prosecution must prove that the defendant is, in fact, guilty."

Even for the civil court, the defendant only has to provide proofs "after" the accuser successfully proves the cause for his or her claim.

"once the plaintiff successfully shows cause for his or her claim".

For the record, accusing sexual assault counts as a criminal court. The defendant does not have to prove anything even if the accuser “successfully” showed the cause for the claim. As for the criminal court, quoting, “the prosecution must prove that the defendant is, in fact, guilty.” Thought I would mention sexual assault because I seem to have a trash insisting it.

False accusation is at epidemic levels. Juries allow it by accepting justification of accusation instead of proof of guilt. Justification is easy.

As far as I know & quote, false accusation is illegal; it's not accepted; the accuser has the burden of proof to provide that the accused is guilty while the accused is given a fair open trial & notified of such going on (or being done).

As far as I know & quote, false accusation is illegal; it's not accepted; the accuser has the burden of proof to provide that the accused is guilty while the accused is given a fair open trial & notified of such going on (or being done).

Big sin too. In Jewish law if you're found out having made a false accusation you become liable for the very same punishment the crime you accused of another of commiting for doing.

To do unto false witnesses as they had purposed to do (to the accused) (Deut. 19:19)

Forum List

Back