The Concern for Global Warming in 1 Picture

You make a post claiming that the amount of deforestation that has occurred is unsustainable. I make the claim that it is sustainable and I have proof.

Who looks more serious, the guy claiming the sky is falling or the guy explaining to chicken little that it's ok the trees can grow back?

yeah except your "proof" is your eye. Personal Anecdotes have never been a valid rebuttal. Why do you keep on about trees not growing? :lol:

Who besides you said that? :lol: :lol: I bet this is where you start using the word "allude" a lot right?

Who looks more serious the guy who says clear cutting 50% of the forests in a few years is unsustainable or the guy who claims chopping down a few trees on your land is the same as clearing the amazon?

You have to have one bad ass ax Mr serious.

500x333_clear-cutting-amazon.JPG

To clear your land like that :lol:

Seriously, are you retarded?

How many years do you think it takes for seeds from those cut down trees to grow?

How dumb does someone have to be to show a photo of dirt from cut down trees and not understand that the dirt spot he's looking at will be covered in new trees a decade later?

He's pretty ignorant. Some kinds of tree seeds do not germinate until exposed to fire. That photo looks like a burn.

With the heat and rainfall in tropical Panama, new growth is remarkably fast. Within 15 years, abandoned land can contain trees more than 100 feet high. Within 20, a thick rain-forest canopy forms again. Here in the lush, misty hills, it is easy to see rain-forest destruction as part of a centuries-old cycle of human civilization and wilderness, in which each in turn is cleared and replaced by the other. The Mayans first cleared lands here that are now dense forest. The area around Gamboa, cleared when the Panama Canal was built, now looks to the untrained eye like the wildest of jungles.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/30/science/earth/30forest.html?_r=3&hp&

You make a post claiming that the amount of deforestation that has occurred is unsustainable. I make the claim that it is sustainable and I have proof.

Who looks more serious, the guy claiming the sky is falling or the guy explaining to chicken little that it's ok the trees can grow back?

yeah except your "proof" is your eye. Personal Anecdotes have never been a valid rebuttal. Why do you keep on about trees not growing? :lol:

Who besides you said that? :lol: :lol: I bet this is where you start using the word "allude" a lot right?

Who looks more serious the guy who says clear cutting 50% of the forests in a few years is unsustainable or the guy who claims chopping down a few trees on your land is the same as clearing the amazon?

How many years do you think it takes for seeds from those cut down trees to grow?

How dumb does someone have to be to show a photo of dirt from cut down trees and not understand that the dirt spot he's looking at will be covered in new trees a decade later?

20-30 years it takes I'm guessing. And it takes about 20 hours to clear it. I'm sure there is a point behind this question, right? Or you here to give general tree facts like birds live in them and beavers chew them :rofl: :rofl:

Who said new trees wont grow? Where is this guy you keep talking too?

Now tell me again how your land looks like that with your one chainsaw so I can have another laugh.

You cutting down a few trees is just like that right? right? :badgrin:

RKMBrown: Hey did you know that some animals call trees their home? What were we talking about?

20-30 years it takes I'm guessing. And it takes about 20 hours to clear it. I'm sure there is a point behind this question, right? Or you here to give general tree facts like birds live in them and beavers chew them :rofl: :rofl:

Now tell me again how your land looks like that with your one chainsaw so I can have another laugh.

I see so you guess it only takes 20-30 years for the trees to grow back (yeah we are not talking about ancient trees), yet you still maintain that cutting down trees at the rate we have been going is not sustainable? Or are you now willing to admit you got hoodwinked by the libtardian tree police?

You said: "Now tell me again how your land looks like that with your one chainsaw so I can have another laugh. " I have a couple chainsaws and a tractor with a front end loader, and sometimes my boys (young men now) help out. While I can't clear cut as fast as a bulldozer I can most certainly clear cut an acre in a days work with my tools. Processing the lumber takes more time but just clearing a space, yeah that's not that hard even with the sized equipment I have. Most small to medium sized trees I can just push over with my tractor. The largest ones go down with a couple min of effort.

You asked if I'm cutting down trees just like that. In some spots yes, in others no. Depends on why I'm clearing. If there's a reason to clear cut an area, I clear cut it. Otherwise I may leave it alone entirely or do some thinning out to my own desires.

One reason to clear cut is to create a natural barrier for root bound diseases like oak wilt. Another is to prepare the land for other uses like crops & grazing land. Yet another is for monetary gain and for generating lumber for personal use by harvesting trees.

Last edited:

I see so you guess it only takes 20-30 years for the trees to grow back (yeah we are not talking about ancient trees), yet you still maintain that cutting down trees at the rate we have been going is not sustainable? Or are you now willing to admit you got hoodwinked by the libtardian tree police?

You ask a ton of questions and continue to not have any points :lol:

You said: "Now tell me again how your land looks like that with your one chainsaw so I can have another laugh. " I have a couple chainsaws and a tractor with a front end loader, and sometimes my boys (young men now) help out. While I can't clear cut as fast as a bulldozer I can most certainly clear cut an acre in a days work with my tools. Processing the lumber takes more time but just clearing a space, yeah that's not that hard even with the sized equipment I have. Most small to medium sized trees I can just push over with my tractor. The largest ones go down with a couple min of effort.

See the bolded part. Thats the entire point and you just made it for me. Silly ass didnt see it then comes back a makes the point for me. thanks.

You asked if I'm cutting down trees just like that. In some spots yes, in others no. Depends on why I'm clearing. If there's a reason to clear cut an area, I clear cut it. Otherwise I may leave it alone entirely or do some thinning out to my own desires.

One reason to clear cut is to create a natural barrier for root bound diseases like oak wilt. Another is to prepare the land for other uses like crops & grassing land. Yet another is for monetary gain and for generating lumber for personal use by harvesting trees.

The worlds oldest oak tree is....stfu I'm not asking you about root disease you rambling fuck :lol:

Once again you made my point you cutting trees on your land is nothing like what we are talking about in scale and scope.

Now you're going to ask 20 more questions then come back and repeat the point I already made again? Or tell me more about tree roots n shit?

See the bolded part. Thats the entire point and you just made it for me. Silly ass didnt see it then comes back a makes the point for me. thanks.

One reason to clear cut is to create a natural barrier for root bound diseases like oak wilt. Another is to prepare the land for other uses like crops & grassing land. Yet another is for monetary gain and for generating lumber for personal use by harvesting trees.

The worlds oldest oak tree is....stfu I'm not asking you about root disease you rambling fuck :lol:

Once again you made my point you cutting trees on your land is nothing like what we are talking about in scale and scope.

Now you're going to ask 20 more questions then come back and repeat the point I already made again? Or tell me more about tree roots n shit?

If I had access to a bulldozer I'd use it, dumb ass.

The EFFING POINT IS YOU ARE EFFING WRONG. The clearing of our forests with BULLDOZERS and other tree harvesting tools is SUSTAINABLE because the trees EFFING GROW BACK.

Showing a pile of dirt after it has been clear cut with a frigging tear in your eye as evidence that the sky is falling is just plain ignorant.

You say in the OP that we have destroyed 50% of the worlds forests in 46years and that is unsustainable. Yet you admit that all of the worlds forests, for the most part, can grow back in 20-30years. Are you DAFT? What part of this being sustainable is confusing you?

Last edited:

If your If were a fifth we'd be drunk too

The EFFING POINT IS YOU ARE EFFING WRONG. The clearing of our forests with BULLDOZERS and other tree harvesting tools is SUSTAINABLE because the trees EFFING GROW BACK.

Not at the same rate as it takes to cut them idiot :lol:

Showing a pile of dirt after it has been clear cut with a frigging tear in your eye as evidence that the sky is falling is just plain ignorant.

You say in the OP that we have destroyed 50% of the worlds forests in 46years and that is unsustainable. Yet you admit that all of the worlds forests, for the most part, can grow back in 20-30years. Are you DAFT? What part of this being sustainable is confusing you?

Can trees grow faster than we can cut them down? No...Thats the point.

Talking to you is like talking to a barn door.

Yes we can harvest trees faster than they can grow. No we are not harvesting trees faster than they are growing. By your own provided measurement we harvested half the forests in 50years. By your own provided estimate it only takes 20-30years for all of our harvested forests to grow back. Thus by your own provided measurements and estimates we are not harvesting our forests faster than they can grow back. If we harvest 100% of all forests every 30years we could do so indefinitely. This by your own provided estimates.

Yes we can use water faster than it can rain. No we are not using water faster than it can rain. When we over use a resource, that results in subsequent rationing, every single time. This forces the system into balance.

We are not currently over harvesting trees. Not by a long shot.

We've just entered the twilight zone!!!!

CC you are.....nuts!!!!! Welcome to the zone!

Who, besides you said that trees are global warming? The strawman army you keep by your side?

Who, besides you is saying the opposite? Anyone? No? So who are you addressing then?

The Strawmen crowd?

Your whole chicken little schtick is built on a house cards silly person. That house lapsing now that the actual facts are coming out despite your best efforts to keep them out of the publics eye.

Did someone say trees are global warming and I missed it? Who was Avatar talking too?

Could have been the title of this non-thread.. "The Concern for Global Warming in One Picture" and that picture of a tree you put in the OP.. Ya THINK????

Everyone is an enviro prophet these days..

We can cut between 5 and 7% of the world's forests/year and have sustainable forests. People know this; people that sell lumber know this and they still want to sell lumber 50 years from now.

Pardon the intrusion of facts and numbers. It makes me happy..

forest_facts_area.JPG

1.4. Introduction: East Texas Forests

Southern forests are relatively evenly balanced between hardwood and softwood dominated cover types. Forest area has remained relatively constant over the last 50 years following reforestation of cut over agricultural lands. The most significant change in southern forests over the last 50 years has been the replacement of many naturally regenerated pine stands with artificially regenerated pine plantations.

southern_forests.png

All that is typical of what you'll find about OUR forests. The Eco-Left makes a big deal about showing the decline of "VIRGIN" forest. Meaning trees that have been here since the 1600's or so.. And that is IMPORTANT to a balanced mgt approach, but 400 yr old trees have their own issues.

We can cut between 5 and 7% of the world's forests/year and have sustainable forests. People know this; people that sell lumber know this and they still want to sell lumber 50 years from now.

Id say thats thanks to tree huggers aka enviro-nuts making it an issue to begin with IMO

Id say thats thanks to tree huggers aka enviro-nuts making it an issue to begin with IMO

:lol: :itsok:

That's a party stopper right there ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Nothing worse than an ambulance chasing lawyer -- except a storm chasing racist with a death
wish for the entire planet I guess..

Forum List

Back