"The Color of His Presidency"

MSNBC has done extraordinary damage to the presidency, to any avowed goals of progress, to the racial temperature of the country, etc.

If tested for latent racial negativity, I would probably test more negative now than I would have in 2008. The drumbeat of accusations of racism has taken its toll on me. I am much more bitter now than I would have imagined I could be.

Last edited:
MSNBC has done extraordinary damage to the presidency, to any avowed goals of progress, to the racial temperature of the country, etc.

If tested for latent racial negativity, I would probably test more negative now than I would have in 2008. The drumbeat of accusations of racism has taken its toll on me. I am much more bitter now than I would have imagined I could be.

That's logical though. The accusation shuts off discourse. I didn't know it was - but I can see it now. As lame as everybody thought that article was, it opened my eyes.

For what it's worth. :lol:

Democrats are seeing the writing on the wall folks

A majority or the people disapprove of Obama ( I guess that make them all racist) and a majority of the people disapproves of his pos namesake, Obamainsurancescam...

So WHO didn't see this coming, time to play the BIG OLE RACE AGAIN

don't fall for, VOTE OUT all progressive/democrats in the coming elections and then NEVER put another Democrat/progressive back in as President...If you put Hillary in we are going to hear how any criticism of her SEXIST, just as we were accused of being racist for criticizing Obama policies and his ugliness
lets roll and take our country and our government out of the hands of these radicals running every agency under Obama

Last edited:

A majority or the people disapprove of Obama ( I guess that make them all racist) and a majority of the people disapproves of his pos namesake, Obamainsurancescam...

don't fall for, VOTE OUT all progressive/democrats in the coming elections and then NEVER put another Democrat/progressive back in as President...If you put Hillary in we are going to hear how any criticism of her SEXIST, just as we were accused of being racist for criticizing Obama policies and his ugliness
lets roll and take our country and our government out of the hands of these radicals running every agency under Obama
Your pleas will fall on deaf ears because we have become a nation of minorities and I'm not just referring to race. When people fall into a minority group as most of us do, and suffer the problems associated with minority status we tend to sympathize with other minorities. So gays that have been shunned for years by society are likely to support blacks who suffered from job discrimination and who are likely to sympathize with the plight of single mothers who are trying raise a family without a mate who supports efforts to help homeless families, etc...

It's a cultural change due primarily to expansion of communications and the media and it seems unlikely to change.

Last edited:
Why Race Has Been the Real Story of Obama's Presidency All Along -- New York Magazine

A different, unexpected racial argument has taken shape. Race, always the deepest and most volatile fault line in American history, has now become the primal grievance in our politics, the source of a narrative of persecution each side uses to make sense of the world. Liberals dwell in a world of paranoia of a white racism that has seeped out of American history in the Obama years and lurks everywhere, mostly undetectable. Conservatives dwell in a paranoia of their own, in which racism is used as a cudgel to delegitimize their core beliefs. And the horrible thing is that both of these forms of paranoia are right.

Excellent article, but it's seven pages long so if you're interested, you'll need to set aside some time.

By the outset of Obama’s presidency, they found, the gap in approval of the president between those with strongly liberal views on race and those with strongly conservative views on race was at least twice as large as it had been under any of the previous four administrations. As Tesler delved further into the numbers, he saw that race was bleeding into everything. People’s views on race predicted their views on health-care reform far more closely in 2009 than they did in 1993, when the president trying to reform health care was Bill Clinton. Tesler called what he saw unfurling before him a “hyperracialized era.”

In recent history, racial liberals have sometimes had conservative views on other matters, and racial conservatives have sometimes had liberal views. Consider another measure, called “anti-black affect,” a kind of thermometer that registers coldness toward African-Americans. Prior to 2009, anti-black affect did not predict an individual’s political identification (when factoring out that person’s economic, moral, and foreign-policy conservatism). Since Obama has taken office, the correlation between anti-black affect and Republican partisanship has shot up. Even people’s beliefs about whether the unemployment rate was rising or falling in 2012—which, in previous years, had stood independent of racial baggage—were now closely linked with their racial beliefs.
I think it would be a bit silly to think that the first black president who had tremendous support from the black vote would not make racial issues and important part of his presidency.

But he hasn't. He has rarely even mentioned it.

Frankly, I wish he had done more but I'm glad that what he has said has mostly been to tell blacks the same as he tells whites - to work for what they want.

Now if only our society believed that.

Your pleas will fall on deaf ears because we have become a nation of minorities and I'm not just referring to race. When people fall into a minority group as most of us do, and suffer the problems associated with minority status we tend to sympathize with other minorities. So gays that have been shunned for years by society are likely to support blacks who suffered from job discrimination and who are likely to sympathize with the plight of single mothers who are trying raise a family without a mate who supports efforts to help homeless families, etc...

It's a cultural change due primarily to expansion of communications and the media and it seems unlikely to change.

And if all those minorities stick together for the greater good ...

They'd be just as bad as the white people who "stuck together."

Race should not be as important as it is.

When minorities such as Blacks and Latino stick together they make up a big voting block, but of course they don't always stick together.

Why Race Has Been the Real Story of Obama's Presidency All Along -- New York Magazine

Excellent article, but it's seven pages long so if you're interested, you'll need to set aside some time.
I think it would be a bit silly to think that the first black president who had tremendous support from the black vote would not make racial issues and important part of his presidency.

Frankly, I wish he had done more but I'm glad that what he has said has mostly been to tell blacks the same as he tells whites - to work for what they want.

One time is one time too many for most that are bothered about race. Some want to pretend there are no racial issues and that a Black POTUS should really steer clear of them. His message to Black people has always been to get to work despite any racial issues.

FACT= 95% of blacks that voted cast their vote for Obama.

The vast majority did it for one reason- because he is black.

If whites did the same would that be racist?

Seems you have a lot to learn about oppression.

Reading a little more of this garbage...it falls into the category of "predetermined study'.
In other words - "I want this to be the conclusion because I believe it to be true...now I will look for everything that supports that belief to prove me right".

Ironic. You're the same guy who predetermined in your previous post that it was a "fluff piece". Now you're reading the rest of the article to prove it.

Just sayin'.

It boggles the mind that after five hundred years we still have those walking around who have no clue what racism is.

Who defines 'greater good'?

-Geaux

A Black wanting to see a Black as President for a change does not mean that they hate the opponent for being White.

That is precisely what he has done. If there is a racial demographic that he has leaned more towards supporting through his "actions", it would be Hispanics.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/hispanic_record.pdf

As far as the black population goes there is not one quality of life metric that has improved for black citizens (as a whole) during his administration, and truth be told it is probably a good thing.

As he should, he has encouraged pursuit of education and work ethic to young black people.

It is my belief if he had actively taken a position of focusing on improving the condition of blacks in America as a priority there would have been anarchy in the streets and the fate that MLK met likely would have come to fruition for Obama.

It is my belief if he had actively taken a position of focusing on improving the condition of blacks in America as a priority there would have been anarchy in the streets and the fate that MLK met likely would have come to fruition for Obama.
My God, you think America needs another race pimp?!

You havent got a clue "what I think" Who said anything about "race pimping"? And since you interjected this witty "buzz phrase", what does it mean? Taking to the radio like Rush and making race, homophobia and hatred of women the centerpiece of ones program?

Last edited:
My God, you think America needs another race pimp?!

You havent got a clue "what I think" Who said anything about "race pimping"? And since you interjected this witty "buzz phrase", what does it mean? Taking to the radio like Rush and making race, homophobia and hatred of women the centerpiece of ones program?
"Race pimp" is a well-defined and exactly what you suggested Obama should have done. I know what you think because you wrote it. How fucking thick are you anyway?

Even Obama realized America does not need a race pimp president.

Forum List

Back