The Color of Crime...Report Statistics Released

dilloduck said:
:rotflmao:
Please --your not seriously trying to use Pearl Harbor as an example of Asian violence --are you???

Oh, and I suppose the Japanese occupation of China was a peaceful one? That Korea and Vietnam have been peaceful this past half-century?

Max Power said:
Oh, and I suppose the Japanese occupation of China was a peaceful one? That Korea and Vietnam have been peaceful this past half-century?

So now you are arguing that there is a genetic component? I mean at least 'within' the Asiaiatics?' Wasn't that against your point to WJ? I mean I don't agree with him, but this is confusing...:dunno:

dmp said:
That is a crock of horseshit brother. We're not talking about history - we're talking about people taking accountabilty for their TODAY actions.

:)
Their centuries of trauma will not disappear magically.

Kathianne said:
So now you are arguing that there is a genetic component? I mean at least 'within' the Asiaiatics?' Wasn't that against your point to WJ? I mean I don't agree with him, but this is confusing...:dunno:

Absolutely amazing how all those violent traits just disappeared after WWII.
If we could only bottle the solution.

Kathianne said:

Someone said that Asians are less prone to violence than anyone else.

I'm simply pointing out that historically, that is not true.

Max Power said:
Someone said that Asians are less prone to violence than anyone else.

I'm simply pointing out that historically, that is not true.
I understood that, your reply implied they were more prone to violence.

Kathianne said:
I understood that, your reply implied they were more prone to violence.

No, I don't think that.

If anywhere is more prone to violence, it's certainly the middle east.

Max Power said:
No, I don't think that.

If anywhere is more prone to violence, it's certainly the middle east.
'genetically?' :eek: Or is it the major religion of the region?

Kathianne said:
'genetically?' :eek: Or is it the major religion of the region?

It's the culture (of which, religion is a major portion).

Most cultures frown upon young boys strapping bombs to themselves and blowing themselves up along with others.

Max Power said:

Most cultures frown upon young boys strapping bombs to themselves and blowing themselves up along with others.

You ever notice how almost all the suicide bombers are young, easily influenced, often troubled, muslims or muslims-to-be?

And the guys who are telling them about arriving at the gates of Allah and having all the virgins at their feet when they become martyrs are old guys.

If their version of heaven was so great, you would think the old guys would be fighting to strap on the bombs.

Max Power said:

Other than Islamic 'cultures', please name one.

Max Power said:

exactly how long has blowing ones' self up been part if the mid-east "culture" ?

Kathianne said:
Other than Islamic 'cultures', please name one.

You see, I don't think that the religion has twisted the culture such that suicide bombing is okay, I think it's the other way around - that the culture has twisted the religion.

To demonstrate my point, see Yigal Amir... a man who was twisted by the mideast culture, but not the Islamic faith.

Max Power said:
You see, I don't think that the religion has twisted the culture such that suicide bombing is okay, I think it's the other way around - that the culture has twisted the religion.

To demonstrate my point, see Yigal Amir... a man who was twisted by the mideast culture, but not the Islamic faith.

How, suicide bombing is religiously based extremism.

And furthermore, their culture is encompassed by their religion......can't have one without the other.

Max Power said:
So you see, these genetic differences between different races are real, but are small when compared to individual variations.

Oh, and one more thing. Scientists have been debating "nature vs nurture" for many years now, with little success in pinning behavioural traits on either nature or nurture. You think you have racial differences pinned, and it's on nature. That's nonsense.

Just as I can't deny that there are genetic differences between races, you can't deny that there are cultural differences, which means that it can't be determined (at least not this day in age) whether these differences are based entirely on genetics, or upbringing.

Feh.

The more we understand genetics and DNA, the more the nature-nurture debate is tilting toward "nature." In every other realm of human existence, we know that genes are in the driver's seat: for disease, for personality, for a lot that we're even scared to own up to. What you call "culture," in fact, is often a product of genetics! This is something that in plenty of realms, liberals are all too happy to agree with, they of the science orientation. I think it's funny how, when liberals encounter the evolution-creation debate, they jump right on evolution... perhaps not realizing that evolution helps to explain racial difference. Ha!

Anyway, at some point, those who don't want their pre-conceived notions of human equality interfered with will run away from the hard science of this. They're just not going to think about it or accept it, no matter how high the data is piled. Like some on the hardcore religious right, you can't reason with them because they aren't even reasoning themselves --- they're just clinging desperately to a belief that can't withstand rational or scientific scrutiny because of a personal emotional investment.

Whatever. That's how people are, and I'm probably included. But the problem with the 1984-like insistence that All Races Are Equal is that it hurts one group in particular, and that is American whites. They are wrung of tax dollars, excluded from colleges, jobs, internships, etc., made to feel guilty and hit with a barrage of anti-white crud from every corner of the culture on factual grounds that are in error. It's like whites have been sentenced (in some respects, to death) for a crime they didn't commit. That is wrong, wrong, wrong.

There is the powerful expectation that we as whites must bear the burden of caring for blacks in perpetuity. This has got to stop. Under my view, it is certainly inappropriate. But even under yours, which posits that blacks and whites are identical people but for the happenstance of skin pigment and maybe hair texture, there must be a time limit. What is it, Max Power? It is logically inconceivable that one race must remain in a parent-child relationship with a perfectly equal race forever. Something's got to give here.

Max Power said:

What Said1 said plus more. Notice how few 'Christian Middle Easterners' are involved in the 'insurgency.' :rolleyes: They are there you know. Part of the 'culture' of the Middle East.

William Joyce said:
Feh.

The more we understand genetics and DNA, the more the nature-nurture debate is tilting toward "nature." In every other realm of human existence, we know that genes are in the driver's seat: for disease, for personality, for a lot that we're even scared to own up to. What you call "culture," in fact, is often a product of genetics!
You're still ignoring the statistics - that being that individual variation is far greater than racial variation.

Blame whatever you want on DNA, it doesn't mean anything if the genetic difference is next to nothing.

Whatever. That's how people are, and I'm probably included. But the problem with the 1984-like insistence that All Races Are Equal is that it hurts one group in particular, and that is American whites. They are wrung of tax dollars, excluded from colleges, jobs, internships, etc.,
Don't get me wrong, I'm not for affirmative action, but you're sorely mistaken if you think that white Americans have it tougher than everyone else.

And, BTW, I'm a white American, and I haven't been excluded from colleges, jobs, or anything based on race.

Max Power said:
You're still ignoring the statistics - that being that individual variation is far greater than racial variation.

Blame whatever you want on DNA, it doesn't mean anything if the genetic difference is next to nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not for affirmative action, but you're sorely mistaken if you think that white Americans have it tougher than everyone else.

And, BTW, I'm a white American, and I haven't been excluded from colleges, jobs, or anything based on race.

and what about the whites who have been---any feelings about them?

Forum List

Back