The Civil War brewing among Democrats

obama is quite centrist. the left wanted single payer, he settled for a muddled private/public insurance deal. the left wanted gitmo closed, patrito act repealed, and iraq war ended pronto. none of that happened. left wanted prosecution of bush/cheney. that didn't even come close to happening. there are tons more examples, but Obama is quite centrist, he just looks far left after having GW around for 8 years.

What kind of messed up world do we live in where the government takeover of 70% of our economy isn't going far enough for people?

which radio commentator convinced you the gov took over 70% of the economy?

My guess is Beck....

He is still selling how the insurance companies running our healthcare system is a government takeover

obama is quite centrist. the left wanted single payer, he settled for a muddled private/public insurance deal. the left wanted gitmo closed, patrito act repealed, and iraq war ended pronto. none of that happened. left wanted prosecution of bush/cheney. that didn't even come close to happening. there are tons more examples, but Obama is quite centrist, he just looks far left after having GW around for 8 years.

What kind of messed up world do we live in where the government takeover of 70% of our economy isn't going far enough for people?

So far it's one 6th of the economy.

My guess is Beck....

He is still selling how the insurance companies running our healthcare system is a government takeover

It is....biggest takeover in US history.

It just won't happen over night and it's gonna be spread over about 10 years.

Democrats' Civil War: The Fight Within the Party - The Daily Beast

Yes, the GOP is certainly seeing grand divides among its ranks, with Tea Party supporters pulling in different directions, but now the liberal wing of the Democrats are beginning to show intolerance for the centrist direction of this administration....????? HUH?

The health care bill was designed to regulate the industry so that insurance companies won't be able to afford to stay in business. By the first of the year they'll have to raise premiums to pay for all of the new government requirements.

Then Obama will demonize them for raising their rates.

Then they'll fold within a year or two and he'll take over the insurance industry and then whoopsie......you'll have your single-payer system in place....

You see Obama tries to talk like a Centrist when in fact he's as far left as they come. He just pays lip-service to the center.

this will only happen to ins companies if they let it. they don't have to write policies in states where they can't get rates to an affordable level. they already did this in Massachusetts. also, it would be hard to convince me that a company will go out of business when every person in the country is required to use their service or face the IRS and possible jail time.

My guess is Beck....

Obviously you didn't read the link I posted for you a few posts ago, leftwinger. It will be a government takeover in a few years....things like this don't happen over night, it takes a little time.

"Centrist" administration.....**chortle**

Does the hilarity ever end with these stooges?
roflolrhard.gif

It's amazing. An adminsitration made up of and advised by marxist revolutionaries and it's "centrist"

I would bet my car you never even read Marx's work as its obvious from your posting and "understanding" of marxism
I bet you people like Cass Sunstein, Andy Stern and Anita Dunn have and do.

The health care bill was designed to regulate the industry so that insurance companies won't be able to afford to stay in business. By the first of the year they'll have to raise premiums to pay for all of the new government requirements.

Then they'll fold within a year or two and he'll take over the insurance industry and then whoopsie......you'll have your single-payer system in place....

You see Obama tries to talk like a Centrist when in fact he's as far left as they come. He just pays lip-service to the center.

this will only happen to ins companies if they let it. they don't have to write policies in states where they can't get rates to an affordable level. they already did this in Massachusetts. also, it would be hard to convince me that a company will go out of business when every person in the country is required to use their service or face the IRS and possible jail time.

Or pay a fine....

Paying the fine is cheaper then buying insurance.

Or pay a fine....

Paying the fine is cheaper then buying insurance.

you think enough people will pay the fine to put insurance companies out of business?

It's amazing. An adminsitration made up of and advised by marxist revolutionaries and it's "centrist"

I would bet my car you never even read Marx's work as its obvious from your posting and "understanding" of marxism

most educated people read works from all different spectrums

Is that really the best excuse you can devise for spinning the fact that there are committed Marxists advising the president?

Is that really the best excuse you can devise for spinning the fact that there are committed Marxists advising the president?

I wasn't spinning anything and its common knowledge that far left people advise him, but the results of his efforts have so far produced centrist policies and george bush type foreign policy, so to say that he is ruling as a marxist or w/e is completely off.

I wasn't spinning anything and its common knowledge that far left people advise him, but the results of his efforts have so far produced centrist policies and george bush type foreign policy, so to say that he is ruling as a marxist or w/e is completely off.
You can tell the man who boozes by the friends he chooses.

BTW...Chimpola's foreign policy was closer to arch leftist LBJ than anyone else's.

You can tell the man who boozes by the friends he chooses.

and? this thread is about how he is governing, not his thoughts or what he would implement if made dictator.

He's governing as a Chicago machine goon, with a borderline Marxist agenda.

The way he has used his toadies to badger and push around members of his own party, he may as well be a dictator.

so marx would have forced all people to buy a service from private companies with the threat of jailtime?

My guess is Beck....

It is....biggest takeover in US history.

It just won't happen over night and it's gonna be spread over about 10 years.

What was taken over?

There was no Government Option in the bill. Don't give me this slippery slope nonsense. Show me what in the bill amounted to a "Government Takeover"??

The way he has used his toadies to badger and push around members of his own party, he may as well be a dictator.

In good form tonight Dude....

Bit extremist even for you.......

so marx would have forced all people to buy a service from private companies with the threat of jailtime?
You're mistaking from for substance.

The ends justify the means...The state knows all and you know nothing.

I think centrist is a relative term.

In much of the Euro group, their idea of a centrist would be to the left of ours. In our Republican-Democrat paradigm, where both parties of any consequence are to the left of old-school conservatism--a philosophy that gets more way more lip service than action--a Democrat's centrist creds are gaged by its similarity to Republican policies, and vice-versa.

I think Obama is center left, because most of the policies that have already been mentioned in this thread are policies that many Republicans support or at the very least tolerate; but he does lean left, just not as far as the hysteria suggests.

You want to see far left? Go to Sweden!

Forum List

Back