The city of Charleston South Carolina formally apologizes for its role in slavery

Charleston formally apologizes for its role in slavery

A southern city is formally apologizing for its dark past.

Charleston, South Carolina, has approved a resolution that condemns and apologizes for the centuries of human slavery that were supported and promoted by its former lawmakers. The city council's 12 members voted 7-5 to adopt the symbolic resolution Tuesday night, coinciding with "Juneteenth," the celebratory anniversary of the abolition of slavery in the United States.

The port city played a major role in the Atlantic slave trade. Nearly half of the people who were abducted from their homes in Africa and shipped to the United States to be sold into slavery took their first steps on American soil in Charleston. Slaves made up almost half of the city's population before the start of the American Civil War, according to the International African American Museum in Charleston.

"This is the modern city council which feels the need to make an apology for the institution of slavery in the city of Charleston," Charleston councilman William Dudley Gregorie, who helped author and shepherd the resolution, told ABC News in a telephone interview before Tuesday's vote.

charleston-slavery-history-03-ap-jc-180620_hpEmbed_12x13_992.jpg
AP

This is treason. No true Confederate would ever make such an apology. I suspect Communist Jews were behind this, and not genuine White Southerners.

"-Communist Jews"? So you ARE in fact. an Aryan Supremacist.

You did not take very long to unmask yourself, did you?

Wrong again, Katz. You're too eager to categorize people, as if there's a natural law which says you must. Life isn't that simple. I don't have to believe in Social Darwinism, or the mythical "Aryan" race. I don't have to be a biological racist, or a Nazi, or anything else I'm not. The fact of heavy Jewish collusion in the rise of Communism in the West, and its enduring subterfuge against the White Christian Nation is plain enough for any independently minded person to see. I guarantee the authors of this so-called "apology" were Non-Whites, Jews, feminists and/or gays. Accordingly, it's fake. It's NONSENSE.

NO APOLOGIES. NO SURRENDER. The Confederacy will strike again.

The Civil War is over, and the Confederacy was effectively dismantled over 150 years ago. And it will not be resurrected.

That being said, what is your reason for scapegoating Jews, non whites, feminists and gays as far the city of Charleston apologizing for slavery?

Now you've outed yourself as homophobic and misogynistic. I don't need to "categorize" you.

You statements speak volumes about what you are.

Ha, ha, Katz. Yeah, heap more PC-hate-labels upon me. Go ahead. See how many you can unload. You're reading straight out of the Cultural Communist Playbook, aren't you? Don't forget "anti-tree-hugger", "anti-abortion-fascist", "Catholic child-molester", "animal abuser", "Islamophobe", "anti-Semite", "safe-space-destroyer", "Ginger-insulter", et al. And here I thought you were a sophisticated thinker.

Prove me to be wrong. There are no "PC" hate labels being heaped upon you.

Your own statements revealed what you are. All that I did was acknowledge what you stated.

Your language is clearly that of someone who does not think, but parrots extremist sentiments while justifying what you say in the name of Christianity.

That tactic is old and easily recognizable.

Anyone else find it amusing how this apology has lead to so much "racial healing", as witnessed by the warm group hug going on in these pages?

upload_2018-10-13_10-5-42.png

Charleston, South Carolina, has approved a resolution that condemns and apologizes for the centuries of human slavery that were supported and promoted by its former lawmakers. The city council's 12 members voted 7-5 to adopt the symbolic resolution Tuesday night, coinciding with "Juneteenth," the celebratory anniversary of the abolition of slavery in the United States.

The port city played a major role in the Atlantic slave trade. Nearly half of the people who were abducted from their homes in Africa and shipped to the United States to be sold into slavery took their first steps on American soil in Charleston. Slaves made up almost half of the city's population before the start of the American Civil War, according to the International African American Museum in Charleston.

"This is the modern city council which feels the need to make an apology for the institution of slavery in the city of Charleston," Charleston councilman William Dudley Gregorie, who helped author and shepherd the resolution, told ABC News in a telephone interview before Tuesday's vote.

AP
Shouldn’t the cities in Africa that helped create this apologize as well?

This is treason. No true Confederate would ever make such an apology. I suspect Communist Jews were behind this, and not genuine White Southerners.

Wrong again, Katz. You're too eager to categorize people, as if there's a natural law which says you must. Life isn't that simple. I don't have to believe in Social Darwinism, or the mythical "Aryan" race. I don't have to be a biological racist, or a Nazi, or anything else I'm not. The fact of heavy Jewish collusion in the rise of Communism in the West, and its enduring subterfuge against the White Christian Nation is plain enough for any independently minded person to see. I guarantee the authors of this so-called "apology" were Non-Whites, Jews, feminists and/or gays. Accordingly, it's fake. It's NONSENSE.

The Civil War is over, and the Confederacy was effectively dismantled over 150 years ago. And it will not be resurrected.

That being said, what is your reason for scapegoating Jews, non whites, feminists and gays as far the city of Charleston apologizing for slavery?

Now you've outed yourself as homophobic and misogynistic. I don't need to "categorize" you.

Ha, ha, Katz. Yeah, heap more PC-hate-labels upon me. Go ahead. See how many you can unload. You're reading straight out of the Cultural Communist Playbook, aren't you? Don't forget "anti-tree-hugger", "anti-abortion-fascist", "Catholic child-molester", "animal abuser", "Islamophobe", "anti-Semite", "safe-space-destroyer", "Ginger-insulter", et al. And here I thought you were a sophisticated thinker.

Your own statements revealed what you are. All that I did was acknowledge what you stated.

Your language is clearly that of someone who does not think, but parrots extremist sentiments while justifying what you say in the name of Christianity.

What you said is there for all to see. And remember, WE elected Donald Trump. Your guy had eight, miserable years to destroy America, and now our guy will rebuild it. How do you like them apples, Katz?

AP

Shouldn't Black Americans apologize for all the crimes they've committed?

AP

What does that have to do with the conversation?

AP

What does that have to do with the conversation?

Well, you make a good point. Blacks enslaved Blacks. Therefore, as you astutely pointed out, they should apologize. You reminded me of another related issue: Black crime. Blacks should apologize for that, too.

AP
How about telling the truth, those in most cases, were culled out of the tribe as trouble makers, and pains in the axx to the chiefs. Now about the city the people on the City commission are blk. This is why they said they were sorry. Not that is self serving or wrong. But most people could care less. Live for the day and be free don't be a slave to the past. It worked for me.

AP
Brings to mind when the Southern Baptist Convention passed a resolution apologizing for supporting racism for much of its history. It reads in part, "We unwaveringly denounce racism in all its forms as deplorable sin: and that we lament and repudiate historic acts of evil such as slavery from which WE CONTINUE TO REAP A BITTER HARVEST."
Well I am waiting for the Quakers to say they are sorry next.

AP
How about telling the truth, those in most cases, were culled out of the tribe as trouble makers, and pains in the axx to the chiefs. Now about the city the people on the City commistion are blk. This is why they said they were sorry. Not that is self serving or wrong. But most people could care less. Live for the day and be free don't be a slave to the past. I worked for me.

So, yes.... The Black City Council apologized. I suspected as much. I lived in Atlanta, GA, for three years. The City Council was mostly Black. It was as corrupt as the day is long. One of the fabled Abernathy's on the board (a younger guy) was arrested smuggling a marijuana-joint, hidden in his underwear, into the country, on his return from a vacation in Belize. On local, Atlanta TV, when asked if he should resign from the Council, he said, "No. I'm maturing." What a farce....

AP

White Americans have committed way more crime than Blacks could ever dream of. Have they apologized?

Anyone else find it amusing how this apology has lead to so much "racial healing", as witnessed by the warm group hug going on in these pages?

View attachment 222376

They can take this fake apology and flush it straight down the toilet. THE CONFEDERACY WILL RISE AGAIN.
I personally guarantee you that every lice ridden confederate will be euthanized like the ferals they are if they ever dared to even dream of rising again.

What you said is there for all to see. And remember, WE elected Donald Trump. Your guy had eight, miserable years to destroy America, and now our guy will rebuild it. How do you like them apples, Katz?

Yes indeed what I "said" IS there "for all to see", nor do I care, because my comments are directed specifically at YOU.....no one else.

Frankly, I didn't even vote for Obama, because I knew what type of obstruction he would encounter, plus this country, in the context of it's history is not that far removed from the Jim Crow era, so I was actually concerned about him losing his life if he ran, let alone, actually elected.

I was far more concerned about his family losing him, due to
the hostility that he would face, because of the undercurrent of wackos like you that are still out there.

All of the so called "great things" that "your guy" is currently doing are only the residual effect of what was already put into motion and showing results by his predecessor.

#45 has not magically fixed unemployment. The trend was already well underway when he walked into office.

He did not fix the economy or implement any policies that have created record job growth, the growth was already in progress when he walked into office.

He ran a campaign based on fear mongering and a proposal for a "WALL" that people like you believed Mexico was going to pay for that would actually help keep out illegal immigrants....ROFLMAO!

But, as far as "your guy" goes are you also saying that he is the "ONE" who who will also facillitate the coming to fruition of your illusion about the "Confederacy" returning?

As well as the constitutional rights of women, non whites and others being lawfully dismantled?

Is that what those like you, believe will "Make America Great Again"?

It certainly appears that way.

Your "apples" are rotten and they stink.

Last edited:

AP
How about telling the truth, those in most cases, were culled out of the tribe as trouble makers, and pains in the axx to the chiefs. Now about the city the people on the City commistion are blk. This is why they said they were sorry. Not that is self serving or wrong. But most people could care less. Live for the day and be free don't be a slave to the past. I worked for me.

So, yes.... The Black City Council apologized. I suspected as much. I lived in Atlanta, GA, for three years. The City Council was mostly Black. It was as corrupt as the day is long. One of the fabled Abernathy's on the board (a younger guy) was arrested smuggling a marijuana-joint, hidden in his underwear, into the country, on his return from a vacation in Belize. On local, Atlanta TV, when asked if he should resign from the Council, he said, "No. I'm maturing." What a farce....

I know some people ther, and there is no "Black City Council", you liar.

There are 9 council members of which four are black. And of those four, two were opposed to the apology, and preferred to focus on other initiatives such as economic development and flood control.

Because of 'the atrocities of the past,' Charleston officially apologizes for slavery

AP

Even most people who live in the south don't believe that.

AP

White Americans have committed way more crime than Blacks could ever dream of. Have they apologized?

Wrong. Black-crime statistics are sky-high.

AP

Wrong. Black-crime statistics are sky-high.
False. Whites commit the vast majority of crimes. Its not even close.

AP

Even most people who live in the south don't believe that.

I know some who do.

Forum List

Back