The city of Charleston South Carolina formally apologizes for its role in slavery

First a formal acknowledgment of the wrong committed, then an apology.

A step in the right direction....
Now the Democratic party of slavery should apologize and pay reparations.

Blacks need to demand that the Democratic party pay them reparations. If blacks don't do that then they are political chumps.

The Democratic party was formed in 1828. Slavery was made legal in the United States in 1640. Slavery was the law for 188 years before the democratic party existed. .

The United States didn't exist in 1640.
The colonies that became the US first existed in 1607. Thats why they call it Colonial America.

Yes, the British colonies. Until the Revolution, they were all British citizens.

Blacks need to demand that the Democratic party pay them reparations. If blacks don't do that then they are political chumps.

The Democratic party was formed in 1828. Slavery was made legal in the United States in 1640. Slavery was the law for 188 years before the democratic party existed. .

You just made a stupid statement without merit.

Interesting. Do you honestly believe the United States existed in 1640? That sounds kind of ignorant.

The colonies that became the US first existed in 1607. Thats why they call it Colonial America.

Yes, the British colonies. Until the Revolution, they were all British citizens.
Not sure how that changes the fact that slavery was legal in Colonial America.

At least it's not now and never will be again. I merely objected to the obvious, glaring error in that post.

At least it's not now and never will be again. I merely objected to the obvious, glaring error in that post.
Actually youre wrong. Slavery is still legal. Read the 13th amendment to gain clarification.

Actually youre wrong. Slavery is still legal. Read the 13th amendment to gain clarification.
Oh good. I think I'll buy you. Im gonna work you hard too.

Just remember: don't give him any tasks that require thinking.

This is kinda false. Africans came to the US with most of these skills already. They were first enslaved because they (Africans) knew how to grow rice. Many were already metal workers or Blacksmiths in Africa.

Blacksmiths of western Africa - Wikipedia
:laugh:
Hurts dont it? :laugh:
Yeah man, your fake history is super painful. :laugh:
Its not my history thats fake. Its your history thats fake. We know its due to your insecurity. Thats why I know the facts hurt you.
laugh.gif
The best part is, as much as you want it to be true, even you know it isnt. That always makes me giggle.

Point of Order!!!

I checked the rule book....Liberals are allowed to lie....a subheading under 'taqiyya.'

You cant afford your lice treatment as it is. How are you going to ever be able to afford me? :laugh:

You cant afford your lice treatment as it is. How are you going to ever be able to afford me? :laugh:
Dont you worry, I've got money. I'll even buy you some work gloves, but you're gonna work HARD, and you wont be getting any breaks.
You dont even have the money to get rid of your wet dog smell. Just how in the hell do you think you going to be able to afford me?
laugh.gif

Dont you worry, I've got money. I'll even buy you some work gloves, but you're gonna work HARD, and you wont be getting any breaks.
You dont even have the money to get rid of your wet dog smell. Just how in the hell do you think you going to be able to afford me?
laugh.gif
You arent one of the expensive ones. You're in that $75-$100 range. I'm saving so much money in fact, that I might even buy some of the people you care about too. Ill keep you all together, but you're all gonna work hard, I promise.
Lets pretend I was in that range just to humor you. You still couldnt afford me. You cant even afford a bottle of lice treatment and you actually think you could afford me? You would be better off seeking employment as a overseer. You know. Those dirty white boys the actual slave owners hired and looked down on?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
You arent one of the expensive ones. You're in that $75-$100 range. I'm saving so much money in fact, that I might even buy some of the people you care about too. Ill keep you all together, but you're all gonna work hard, I promise.
Lets pretend I was in that range just to humor you. You still couldnt afford me. You cant even afford a bottle of lice treatment and you actually think you could afford me? You would be better off seeking employment as a overseer. You know. Those dirty white boys the actual slave owners hired and looked down on?
laugh.gif
Nah, I have plenty of money, in fact, I just bought a new whip, and I'll be using it a lot on you.
Sorry I dont believe you. Dont waste your time trying to convince me either. No one....and I mean absolutely no one believes that you can afford me. You are barely able to afford soap to wash away that wet dog smell.
laugh.gif

Parents are responsible for their children, but no one alive is responsible for slavery, except for Africans because they STILL practice slavery.

No, Africans did not make US law. So Africans are not responsible for US slavery. Africans are not responsible for modern white racism which you are a part of.
Why is it that you only complain to people alive today about slavery that happened before we were born, but you NEVER EVER EVER say anything about Africans who are currently enslaving people TODAY? Right at this very moment, a mass scale atrocity is taking place in Africa and you dont care one iota. Why the fuck do you expect anyone to care about some shit that happened 200 years ago if YOU dont care about modern day slavery?

I talk about white racism. Not slavery. So first try to get right what I am talking about. Then do not try diverting the issue when whites are still enslaving people in Europe.
No, you talk about slavery a the time, but you never care about MODERN DAY slavery, because there arent any white people involved in it.
Most people care about the things that directly affect them. I live in WA state so I'm not that much concerned with what's going on in New York, however all of the United States is covered by our federal civil rights laws. We have no jurisdiction in African countries but even if he did why would anyone go meddling in the affairs of another country when their own is in such dire need?.

Slavery was made legal in the United States in 1640.

As an 'aspiring misanthrope', when considering the big picture relating to our ever-evolving, far too often self-destructive, imperfect human species, often I find it difficult to lay BLAME on a specific group of human beings.

Respectfully, I'm curious to learn if YOU, my American or foreign born neighbors are aware in the 1600s, during the same period of human history and evolution when UNJUST HUMAN OPPRESSION we call SLAVERY began on the North American continent, that a significant number of human beings ignorantly believed the Earth was the center of ‘everything.’

When Galileo Galilei (1564–1642) an Italian astronomer, physicist, engineer, philosopher, and mathematician who played a major role in the scientific revolution of the seventeenth century offered evidence our Sun did not revolve around the Earth, a significant population of God and Bible embracing people CHOSE TO MAINTAIN their human ignorance by oppressing and imprisoning Free-Thinking Galileo for the remainder of his life.

Galileo got off lucky, in many other instances of VIOLENT and OPPRESSIVE human behavior, the God and Bible loving people imprisoned, savagely murdered or horrifically tortured other free thinkers who attempted using their human intellect to help educate the human race about our physical world, as well as our human condition.

Giordano Bruno - Wikipedia

"Beginning in 1593, Bruno was tried for heresy by the Roman Inquisition on charges including denial of several core Catholic doctrines, including eternal damnation, the Trinity, the divinity of Christ, the virginity of Mary, and transubstantiation. Bruno's pantheism was also a matter of grave concern.[4] The Inquisition found him guilty, and he was burned at the stake in Rome's Campo de' Fiori in 1600."

Unfortunately for mankind, credible evidence reveals God and Bible loving humans embracing ignorant, illogical beliefs in divine supernatural beings not only greatly impeded the peaceful and healthy evolution of our human species.

Reliable evidence demonstrates God and Bible embracing people are responsible for UNJUSTLY oppressing, slaughtering and torturing COUNTLESS numbers of peaceful, free-thinking human beings, many sincerely wanting to educate and improve the Quality of Life for our species.

Sadly, in today's world a fading, though still significant population of freedom loving, SLOW-TO-EVOLVE, God Bible loving people continue embracing illogical beliefs in mythical supernatural beings, as well as ignorant, illogical racist beliefs that in my opinion are demeaning to human intellect.

Equally as sad are God Bible embracing, freedom loving, SLOW-TO-EVOLVE people who in today's world apparently feel a need, as well as duty to LOUDLY bully, shame, shun, demean, discriminate against ans denigrate as "C**ns, "Sell-Outs" and "Uncle Toms" our peaceful, accomplished, successful fellow black or American citizens, friends, neighbors and co-workers of African descent choosing to peacefully pursue their OWN individually unique vision for L, L, (Love) and Happiness.

Justice Clarence Thomas, Attorney Larry Elder, Dr. Thomas Sowell, Ph.D Dr. Ben Carson, M.D., Crystal Wright, Allen West, Stephen A. Smith, Stacey Dash, Herman Cain, Senator Tim Scott and Dr. Walter Williams, Ph.D, are a few PEACEFUL, accomplished, FREE THINKING American citizens targeted for HATE & DISCRIMINATION by a significant population of apparent illogical, slow-to-evolve "Pro Black" minded American people.

YouTube Search Terms: 'Exposing 'Pro Black' Modus Operandi, Logic, Fvvkery, Savagery, White Supremacy' ~Mrs. Princella Clark-Carr

"'Pro-Black American' Logic Succinctly Explained By Social Commentator Mr. David Carroll"

Am I the only American believing our imperfect human species will continue evolving, learning day by day about our human condition and physical world, slowly shedding our human ignorance and adapting as we continue plodding along trying to improve the Quality of Life for all human beings!

Peace.

Citing one case of one injustice, does not reasonably allow you to judge an entire aspect of Human culture.

I'm still waiting for thIe Democrats to apologize for their Jim Crow laws

Both parties participated in Jim Crow.

Truth. Jim Crow as well as opposition to the civil rights act was endorsed by white SOUTHERN politicians in both parties.

Neither party has clean hands. They are both corrupt.
Think if you check no Republicans lived in the South.

That is untrue.

“The lily-white movement was an all-white faction of the Republican Party in the Southern United States in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It battled and usually defeated the biracial element called the Black-and-tan faction.

During Reconstruction, following the U.S. Civil War, black leaders in Texas and around the country gained increasing influence in the Republican Party by organizing blacks as an important voting bloc. Conservative whites attempted to eliminate this influence and recover white voters who had defected to the Democratic Party. The effort was largely successful in eliminating African-American influence in the Republican Party leading to black voters predominantly migrating to the Democratic Party for much of the 20th century.

The term lily-white movement was coined by Texas Republican leader Norris Wright Cuney, who used the term in an 1888 Republican convention to describe efforts by white conservatives to oust blacks from positions of Texas party leadership and incite riots to divide the party.[1] The term came to be used nationally to describe this ongoing movement as it further developed in the early 20th century,[2] including through the administration of Herbert Hoover. Localized movements began immediately after the war but by the beginning of the 20th century the effort had become national.”

“This movement is largely credited with driving blacks out of the Republican party during the early 20th century, setting the stage for their eventual support of the Democrats.”

Michael K. Fauntroy - Republicans and the Black vote

Thanks for saving me from having to address an ignorant statement.

Of course there were Republicans living in the south during that era.

I'm still waiting for thIe Democrats to apologize for their Jim Crow laws

Both parties participated in Jim Crow.

Truth. Jim Crow as well as opposition to the civil rights act was endorsed by white SOUTHERN politicians in both parties.

Neither party has clean hands. They are both corrupt.
Think if you check no Republicans lived in the South.

That is untrue.

“The lily-white movement was an all-white faction of the Republican Party in the Southern United States in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It battled and usually defeated the biracial element called the Black-and-tan faction.

During Reconstruction, following the U.S. Civil War, black leaders in Texas and around the country gained increasing influence in the Republican Party by organizing blacks as an important voting bloc. Conservative whites attempted to eliminate this influence and recover white voters who had defected to the Democratic Party. The effort was largely successful in eliminating African-American influence in the Republican Party leading to black voters predominantly migrating to the Democratic Party for much of the 20th century.

The term lily-white movement was coined by Texas Republican leader Norris Wright Cuney, who used the term in an 1888 Republican convention to describe efforts by white conservatives to oust blacks from positions of Texas party leadership and incite riots to divide the party.[1] The term came to be used nationally to describe this ongoing movement as it further developed in the early 20th century,[2] including through the administration of Herbert Hoover. Localized movements began immediately after the war but by the beginning of the 20th century the effort had become national.”

“This movement is largely credited with driving blacks out of the Republican party during the early 20th century, setting the stage for their eventual support of the Democrats.”

Michael K. Fauntroy - Republicans and the Black vote

Thanks for saving me from having to address an ignorant statement.

Of course there were Republicans living in the south during that era.

No problem. You've done it for me many times.

Charleston formally apologizes for its role in slavery

A southern city is formally apologizing for its dark past.

Charleston, South Carolina, has approved a resolution that condemns and apologizes for the centuries of human slavery that were supported and promoted by its former lawmakers. The city council's 12 members voted 7-5 to adopt the symbolic resolution Tuesday night, coinciding with "Juneteenth," the celebratory anniversary of the abolition of slavery in the United States.

The port city played a major role in the Atlantic slave trade. Nearly half of the people who were abducted from their homes in Africa and shipped to the United States to be sold into slavery took their first steps on American soil in Charleston. Slaves made up almost half of the city's population before the start of the American Civil War, according to the International African American Museum in Charleston.

"This is the modern city council which feels the need to make an apology for the institution of slavery in the city of Charleston," Charleston councilman William Dudley Gregorie, who helped author and shepherd the resolution, told ABC News in a telephone interview before Tuesday's vote.

charleston-slavery-history-03-ap-jc-180620_hpEmbed_12x13_992.jpg
AP

This is treason. No true Confederate would ever make such an apology. I suspect Communist Jews were behind this, and not genuine White Southerners.

Charleston, South Carolina, has approved a resolution that condemns and apologizes for the centuries of human slavery that were supported and promoted by its former lawmakers. The city council's 12 members voted 7-5 to adopt the symbolic resolution Tuesday night, coinciding with "Juneteenth," the celebratory anniversary of the abolition of slavery in the United States.

The port city played a major role in the Atlantic slave trade. Nearly half of the people who were abducted from their homes in Africa and shipped to the United States to be sold into slavery took their first steps on American soil in Charleston. Slaves made up almost half of the city's population before the start of the American Civil War, according to the International African American Museum in Charleston.

"This is the modern city council which feels the need to make an apology for the institution of slavery in the city of Charleston," Charleston councilman William Dudley Gregorie, who helped author and shepherd the resolution, told ABC News in a telephone interview before Tuesday's vote.

AP

This is treason. No true Confederate would ever make such an apology. I suspect Communist Jews were behind this, and not genuine White Southerners.

"-Communist Jews"? So you ARE in fact. an Aryan Supremacist.

You did not take very long to unmask yourself, did you?

AP

Wrong again, Katz. You're too eager to categorize people, as if there's a natural law which says you must. Life isn't that simple. I don't have to believe in Social Darwinism, or the mythical "Aryan" race. I don't have to be a biological racist, or a Nazi, or anything else I'm not. The fact of heavy Jewish collusion in the rise of Communism in the West, and its enduring subterfuge against the White Christian Nation is plain enough for any independently minded person to see. I guarantee the authors of this so-called "apology" were Non-Whites, Jews, feminists and/or gays. Accordingly, it's fake. It's NONSENSE.

NO APOLOGIES. NO SURRENDER. The Confederacy will strike again.

AP

Wrong again, Katz. You're too eager to categorize people, as if there's a natural law which says you must. Life isn't that simple. I don't have to believe in Social Darwinism, or the mythical "Aryan" race. I don't have to be a biological racist, or a Nazi, or anything else I'm not. The fact of heavy Jewish collusion in the rise of Communism in the West, and its enduring subterfuge against the White Christian Nation is plain enough for any independently minded person to see. I guarantee the authors of this so-called "apology" were Non-Whites, Jews, feminists and/or gays. Accordingly, it's fake. It's NONSENSE.

The Civil War is over, and the Confederacy was effectively dismantled over 150 years ago. And it will not be resurrected.

That being said, what is your reason for scapegoating Jews, non whites, feminists and gays as far the city of Charleston apologizing for slavery?

Now you've outed yourself as homophobic and misogynistic. I don't need to "categorize" you.

You statements speak volumes about what you are.

AP

The Civil War is over, and the Confederacy was effectively dismantled over 150 years ago. And it will not be resurrected.

That being said, what is your reason for scapegoating Jews, non whites, feminists and gays as far the city of Charleston apologizing for slavery?

Now you've outed yourself as homophobic and misogynistic. I don't need to "categorize" you.

You statements speak volumes about what you are.

Ha, ha, Katz. Yeah, heap more PC-hate-labels upon me. Go ahead. See how many you can unload. You're reading straight out of the Cultural Communist Playbook, aren't you? Don't forget "anti-tree-hugger", "anti-abortion-fascist", "Catholic child-molester", "animal abuser", "Islamophobe", "anti-Semite", "safe-space-destroyer", "Ginger-insulter", et al. And here I thought you were a sophisticated thinker.

Forum List

Back