The cat is now out of the bag....

Lets just go along with the premis that Iran did indeed one day to have its own nukes. Does the owning of nukes make Iran any more likely or not to use them or more so than any other nuke Nation. Given that the MAD system appeared to work what could Iran or its leaders hope to gain by using such weapons.

Knowing that the use of them especially in an unprovoked attack would no doubt lead to the complete destruction of that Iran and its people is it likely it would use them or could it just be that it wishes to have at least some form of counter balance against the many nukes that are aimed at Iran right now.

Its all about risk is it not, could a preemptive strike on Iran actually lead to the very thing that we don't want to happen, a full scale nuke engagement. Or would it be far better to let Iran develope the weapons but only with the full agreement that such weapons are monitored and Iran itself is part of existing treaties etc. Something that even Israel is not a part of at the moment.

Indeed would not such moves actually move towards stablisng the ME, with Israel opening up to inspections and being part of the same trreaties as the other nuke Nations. Would such action not form the basis of trust rather than the fear and hate that exists at the moment.

Irespective of what Israeli hard liners say of what the Pentagon wants to cook up against Iran a strike on Iran could bring about the total destruction of the ME including Israel and a conflict that could very easily get out of control. But perhaps thats what the perps want.

Lets just go along with the premis that Iran did indeed one day to have its own nukes. Does the owning of nukes make Iran any more likely or not to use them or more so than any other nuke Nation. Given that the MAD system appeared to work what could Iran or its leaders hope to gain by using such weapons.

This is the typical leftist blurring of the lines.

First its denial they have a nuclear program, then when the program was exposed it was "so what, why are they not allowed to have nuclear power?"

Then the accusations and mounting evidence that the iranians are building nuclear weapons, and again its "show me proof."

Then when the proof is made, the left apologists start with the nonsense: "welllll....why aren't they allowed to have nuclear weapons?/doesn't israel have them/is it really such a bad thing"?

At what point will some people just swallow their pride, admit they were wrong and finally say, "yes iran fucking sucks, and it should be attacked for all of the terrorism and violence it has conducted?"

Knowing that the use of them especially in an unprovoked attack would no doubt lead to the complete destruction of that Iran and its people is it likely it would use them or could it just be that it wishes to have at least some form of counter balance against the many nukes that are aimed at Iran right now.

I should just start the tape recorder, i must have repeated this like 25 times on this forum:

1-how can you trace back nuclear material to a nation who will not allow inspections?
2-how can you prevent iran from handing a nuclear weapon to one of its terrorist proxies?

Its all about risk is it not, could a preemptive strike on Iran actually lead to the very thing that we don't want to happen, a full scale nuke engagement. Or would it be far better to let Iran develope the weapons but only with the full agreement that such weapons are monitored and Iran itself is part of existing treaties etc.

Pointless, since iran has not even followed the treaties it has ALREADY signed, like the NPT protocols...

Something that even Israel is not a part of at the moment.

What does israel have to do with this topic? And where does israel have any obligation since it has not signed the NPT to allow any inspections? And where on the map are the multiple terrorist proxies that israel has created/funded that have 60,000 rockets pointed at iranian cities, or have conducted suicide bombings in iran?

Irespective of what Israeli hard liners say of what the Pentagon wants to cook up against Iran a strike on Iran could bring about the total destruction of the ME including Israel and a conflict that could very easily get out of control. But perhaps thats what the perps want.

Iran's military infrastructure HAS to be destroyed, sooner rather than later.

Here is yet another terrorist campaign/nation it is working to de-stabilize in the middle east:

Along with Lebanon, Gaza, Iraq, and Afghanistan, we now can add Yemen to the list of nations that the iranian fascist animals are working to de-stabilize through violence, terrorism and murder:

http://www.debka.com...le.php?aid=1402

Eventually, the West will wake up to the reality of the necessity of a war to destroy iran's military and terrorist infrastructure, the question is really how many nations and human lives are they willing to sacrifice through appeasement before finally doing the obvious?

What does israel have to do with this topic? And where does israel have any obligation since it has not signed the NPT to allow any inspections? And where on the map are the multiple terrorist proxies that israel has created/funded that have 60,000 rockets pointed at iranian cities, or have conducted suicide bombings in iran?

the irony embedded in this statement is funny as hell. He asks where are the rockets pointed at Iran WHILE INSISTING THAT IRAN'S PROPERTY MUST BE BOMBED. hilarious.

and... to top it off.. pretends that israel is above the law because it wasn't forced to sign and play by the same rules as everyone else. Typically classic of this zionist type.

RHODESCHOLAR, well it did not take long did it, with the profanity and the abuse. I guess when you said you would try another tact that was just a lie then was it.

And why is it people like you have to label a person oh your left ,centre right or whatever.

As far as I am concerned if Iran wants nukes then it can have them. Everyone else wants them so whats so special about Iran, nothing.

And as for terrorism how about looking at your own nation, its committed plenty of terrorists acts. Unlike you I am not selective in my views or thinking. I see good and bad in every person/nation but with you its just all one sided. If the media says Iran or whomever is a threat then people like you believe it.

What are you going to say when people start saying America is a threat and we should attack the US. I don't think you would agree with that would you.

No lets be honest this matter is about Israel and no one else. Just the mere fact that Iran may pose a threat to your beloved Israel gets you in a tissy. If they had threatened anyone else I don't think you would even care would you, no you would not.

Thats all its about under the guise of a thread about Iran its still about Israel is it not. I'm sure your obssession can be treated.

Sources: UN watchdog hiding evidence of Iran nukes program - Haaretz - Israel News

Sources: UN watchdog hiding evidence of Iran nukes program

By Barak Ravid, Haaretz Correspondent

The world's nuclear weapons watchdog is hiding data on Iran's drive to obtain nuclear arms, senior Western diplomats and Israeli officials told Haaretz.

The officials and diplomats said that the International Atomic Energy Agency under Director General Mohamed ElBaradei was refraining from publishing evidence obtained by its inspectors over the past few months that indicate Iran was pursuing information about weaponization efforts and a military nuclear program.

ElBaradei, who will soon vacate his post, has said that the agency does not have any evidence that suggests Iran is developing a nuclear weapon.

But the sources told Haaretz that the new evidence was submitted to the IAEA in a classified annex written by its inspectors in the Islamic Republic. The report was said to have been signed by the head of the IAEA team in Iran.

The classified report, according to the sources, was not incorporated into the agency's published reports. The details, they said, were censored by senior officials of the IAEA in the organization's Vienna headquarters.

Edited to comply with USMB copyright policy.

~A15

--------------------------

KevinKenndy posted a thread about the alleged lack of evidence that iran is building nuclear weapons. He might want to retract that claim, and if this story is true, then ElBaradei is a bonafide fraud and potential criminal.

Why is it my duty to retract the claim that somebody else made?

I am really interested how the next sessions in September will play.

Baradei is on his way to retirement.

Iran is on the way to a nuclear weapon. (my opinion)

What will the European and US politicians put on the table?

I don't know about Obama, but Clinton wrote the religious guidelines for public school with a man currently in jail for terrorism. Along with Clinton's appointed judge Hamilton, teachers can now have our kids on their hands and knees praying and worshipping Allah *in demonstration*, but memorized by heart just the same.

That was worth more than 100 suicide bombers.

:lol:

yea, sure, dogma junkie. SURE. Public schools are WARPING NUBILE BRAINS AND FORCING PRAYER TO ALLAH!!!!!

:rofl:

seriously.. EVERY TIME I see your posts it becomes clearer how Geraldo was able to whip up the devil worshiping frenzy of the 80s.

Sounds like a raging brain damage to me ... her posts make me wonder about the mysteries of brain activity again and again ...

It's pretty obvious that the Iranians are chasing a weapon, not just peaceful nuclear technology.

Whether or not they would use the weapon offensively is a totally different question. And indeed, they would never finalize a weapon, but instead be "one screwdriver away" from the bomb as it were, using it only as a deterrent.

The reality of the matter is that Iran is beyond the point of no return at this point in its defense industry. Their weapons are nothing special, and in fact are basic modifications on cold war era weapons; but they mass manufacture them. That is a tremendous difference from having to purchase weapons from the outside. They could literally have thousands of missiles to use against Israel and US troops in Iraq who would be sitting ducks.

Furthermore, Iran demonstrated during the Iraq war that it could call up 20 million volunteers, ready to be martyred in the Shia tradition (not suicide bomb martyred, but killed in war)

On top of everything else, the geography of the nation makes full on invasion essentially impossible. The US and Israel would have to commit only to air-strikes, and that in itself is not easy considering that the nuclear sites are numerous and no real intelligence exists on all the whereabouts

And then there's Russia

So all in all, it's virtually impossible to attack Iran without causing a tremendous amount of damage to the region and keeping other foreign powers out of the situation.

Which is a shame, because of the way this government treats its people, it has more of an interest in enriching Mullahs with oil money than re-investing in the domestic economy. It has the potential to be a mini-China, but it refuses to build coffee-makers so it can build missiles.

Forum List

Back