The Cappucino Corral

Who has started Christmas shopping? I bought one of those Cobra JumPacks for Mom. I'm going to buy her a new wireless doorbell that can add motion detectors, window and door alerts and even a camera. Those two gifts should make her feel safer.

My Brother and Sister-in-law tore up their wall to wall carpeting and exposed beautiful hardwood floor. They are getting a new area rug. My girlfriend likes homemade stuff, so I'll make her some Reindeer noses (little square pretzels topped with a Rollo (chocolate and caramel) with a roasted pecan on top. Assemble them, put them in a 325 oven for five minutes until the chocolate is soft and apply pressure to the pecan so everything mushes down into the pretzel. She also gets some pieces of World Famous Fiestaware china from the factory outlet store (it's right here in my hometown).

My dog Daisy the Mutt will get a 'stocking' full of dog toys because the number of dog toys she has now is still insufficient even though she has dozens of toys.

But Black Friday is a week from tomorrow. My intention is to be finished with Christmas shopping before that.

Morning Everyone. I braved the cold weather this morning and went to the store, got gas and went to the pharmacy. Home now and finally have my coffee.

Hope you're all staying safe and warm. :)
It will be 53 here today...ahhhh

Well, I'm so glad you mentioned it..........

I thought you said "I will be 53 today........damn, I was already getting ready to bake you a cake!
53 degrees.....I am 53 years old.............damn, get me the laudanum....

Maybe I'll put some in your cake.........:razz:

Who has started Christmas shopping? I bought one of those Cobra JumPacks for Mom. I'm going to buy her a new wireless doorbell that can add motion detectors, window and door alerts and even a camera. Those two gifts should make her feel safer.

My Brother and Sister-in-law tore up their wall to wall carpeting and exposed beautiful hardwood floor. They are getting a new area rug. My girlfriend likes homemade stuff, so I'll make her some Reindeer noses (little square pretzels topped with a Rollo (chocolate and caramel) with a roasted pecan on top. Assemble them, put them in a 325 oven for five minutes until the chocolate is soft and apply pressure to the pecan so everything mushes down into the pretzel. She also gets some pieces of World Famous Fiestaware china from the factory outlet store (it's right here in my hometown).

My dog Daisy the Mutt will get a 'stocking' full of dog toys because the number of dog toys she has now is still insufficient even though she has dozens of toys.

But Black Friday is a week from tomorrow. My intention is to be finished with Christmas shopping before that.

You get all the nice stuff for your GF and Daisy but your dear old Mom has to make do with utilitarian tools, doorbells and a security system? :eek:

Wouldn't surprise me if she hijacks your GF's candies and tells you to give her the Cobra JumPack instead! ;)

I have........but I've only gotten like 10......I don't know what to get my husband. Usually we decide what we want, go get it and then wrap it up. Last year I got a stationary bicycle, couldn't hardly wrap it. He got some Harley flooring for his Harley. This time he doesn't know.....argh.

That sounds like fun and not too difficult. I like the fiestaware but I already have 3 sets of dishes....one for daily use, one for company and one for special occassions, like Christmas, Easter, etc....

I suppose we should get something for the cats....they'll be staying home when we ride up to Alabama.

Gawd! I did that two or three years ago....it was awful...came home and tried to sleep after being up all night and couldn't do it with all the noise going on....I'll never do it again!

I went to
I desperately need a haircut. This is the longest my hair has been in the last several years. It has been almost 7 months since my last visit. I am getting a little shaggy looking but I wear it very well.
the barber ain't seen me in 4 years...It's past my shoulders..

Several years ago my hair reached to the middle of my back. I ended up donating it to Locks of Love when I got my hair cut short. Man alive did my mother hate my hair, she was overjoyed when I told her it had been cut. lol

Longest mine was when it reached my waist and given that I am 6'3" you can imagine how long it was. :lol:

Looking forward to retirement when I can pick up the sex, drugs and rock & roll where I left it off to play at being a responsible adult member of society. Won't cut my hair ever again!

Wow! That is pretty long.........and I don't believe you! - maybe the rock and roll, and the sex.......:badgrin:

There is a picture of me when I was still growing my hair and it was longer than yours in that picture.

post it up :)

You get all the nice stuff for your GF and Daisy but your dear old Mom has to make do with utilitarian tools, doorbells and a security system? :eek:

Wouldn't surprise me if she hijacks your GF's candies and tells you to give her the Cobra JumPack instead! ;)

Hey, sometimes those are the best gifts. I need a nice set of knives.....our son gave us a KitchenAid set 2 years ago.....I keep sharpening them and they still don't seem sharp enough for me.....that sounds like a good idea for a gift. Thanks, Deri.....for making me think of it....:)

I went to
the barber ain't seen me in 4 years...It's past my shoulders..

Several years ago my hair reached to the middle of my back. I ended up donating it to Locks of Love when I got my hair cut short. Man alive did my mother hate my hair, she was overjoyed when I told her it had been cut. lol

Longest mine was when it reached my waist and given that I am 6'3" you can imagine how long it was. :lol:

Looking forward to retirement when I can pick up the sex, drugs and rock & roll where I left it off to play at being a responsible adult member of society. Won't cut my hair ever again!

Wow! That is pretty long.........and I don't believe you! - maybe the rock and roll, and the sex.......:badgrin:

There is a picture of me when I was still growing my hair and it was longer than yours in that picture.

I already did in the thread for pictures of yourself. :)

ahh well let me go look again, I have probably seen it then :)

We're talking about an 81 year old widow still living inthe Big House all alone. If Hand Wringing in anxiety were an Olympic sport, Mom would be the Michael Phelps of that event (without the bong action of course!)

We're talking about an 81 year old widow still living inthe Big House all alone. If Hand Wringing in anxiety were an Olympic sport, Mom would be the Michael Phelps of that event (without the bong action of course!)

I think you just solved your problem of what to get your Mom for Christmas!

A different one for every room in the Big House!

all+bongs.jpg

:D

I think you just solved your problem of what to get your Mom for Christmas!

A different one for every room in the Big House!

all+bongs.jpg

:D
Mom would have to know if these bongs are dishwasher safe, made without PVC and if they are breakable, and if so do they shatter into shards or safe, wee pieces.

Good Morning, All. I don't have to go out this morning so lounging around in my robe and drinking coffee. I'll leave the cold outside for now. :)

Good morning everyone! Happy Friday! Does anybody have any fun plans for the weekend? I am going to a board game tourny at best friend's house tomorrow. It starts at 10am. Mimosas and games! I am hoping to walking away with the most wins but I expect stiff competition.

Is it too late for me to get on your Christmas list ... ?

We're done. We mostly buy for our grand kids. I hate shopping but do love shopping for them.

Does anyone else buy for their pets?

We don't dare have gifts for people but none for Czar - the dog. He knows and understands gift wrap, that you must rip the paper to shreds to get to the good stuff inside. If there's nothing for him, his feelings get hurt so we have gifts hidden in the closet so we never forget.

Hmmm ... My mother's long lost twin sister?

Good morning everyone! Happy Friday! Does anybody have any fun plans for the weekend? I am going to a board game tourny at best friend's house tomorrow. It starts at 10am. Mimosas and games! I am hoping to walking away with the most wins but I expect stiff competition.

Gotta say - you really know how to live.

What board games do you play?

ahh well let me go look again, I have probably seen it then :)

W-a-a-a- I wanna see it too and ain't no way I'll wade through that thread.

C'mon Derideo_Te

Post it again ...

Pleeeeeze?

Forum List

Back