The "Brat Ban" movement - I love it

What bothers me the most about this topic are the many potential levels of interpretation it could have accordingly. 'Children' face having to become transformed according to what 'adults' see as best and fitting... Do 'adults' cry in public and in supermarkets? Absolutely... there are many levels within the mind of man and many individuals struggle more than others. We may be taught as 'adults' to not cry or throw tantrums in public, but we do other things, don't we? We bottle stress, we have sex, we over eat, we develop diseases, we do a great many other things... Perhaps the age of accountability is not at all about the number of years we have lived, bill5.

The inability to discuss this intelligently and rationally and therefore resorting to childish silliness speaks for itself. Do you cry in the supermarket too? :eusa_think:

i almost did last week.

they were out of acceptable beer.

i cried when bambi's mother died.

I cried harder when Dumbo visited his mom. :(

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7JvL2ap3Cg]Baby Mine-Dumbo & His Mommy - YouTube[/ame]

What bothers me the most about this topic are the many potential levels of interpretation it could have accordingly. 'Children' face having to become transformed according to what 'adults' see as best and fitting... Do 'adults' cry in public and in supermarkets? Absolutely... there are many levels within the mind of man and many individuals struggle more than others. We may be taught as 'adults' to not cry or throw tantrums in public, but we do other things, don't we? We bottle stress, we have sex, we over eat, we develop diseases, we do a great many other things... Perhaps the age of accountability is not at all about the number of years we have lived, bill5.

Bolded; no. Not so much. Not unless they want to be hauled in for a psych-eval.

[

You can even have your 'no breathing' day if I can have my 'no screeching children' day.

As long as you and self-absorbed fucks like you participate in 'No Breathing Day,' it's a deal.

He never even noticed that I said anything or that his kid shut up. He simply didn't care one way or the other.
Which I'm sure didn't exactly come as a shock.

I would love if even just one grocery store would have some kind of "kid free" times (say middle of the day when most parents are at work?), but I doubt it's feasible or worthwhile business-wise. Which is one heck of a shame. Again if I had a nickel for every time I went grocery shopping and had to endure some screeching brat......this is why I go in and get out as quickly as possible, knowing ahead of time what I'm getting. Gone are the days of leisurely strolling through the aisles.

Gosh, wouldn't it be great if the whole world was organized to pander to your self-centered, egotistical whims? Imagine if the real world were the TV-drama set in NY or LA where everyone moved around in dim lighting, posing like runway models, sipping cocktails and speaking in soap-opera cliches and somehow society carried on although no one had any children? Wouldn't it just be so 'edgy' and 'trendy' if your self-centered fantasies were reality?

Or would it be better if you GOT THE FUCK OVER YOURSELF and realized you live in the real world where you are one insignificant speck and had better get the fuck used to the fact that other people exist.

The inability to discuss this intelligently and rationally and therefore resorting to childish silliness speaks for itself. Do you cry in the supermarket too? :eusa_think:

If I met you in a supermarket and you gave voice to your fucked up attitude you'd sure as hell be crying, shitstain.

If I met you in a supermarket and you gave voice to your fucked up attitude you'd sure as hell be crying, shitstain.

First of all if you want your stay here to be a long one, you'll knock it the fuck off with the veiled threats.

Second of all, all you're doing is proving his point; That you can't discuss this rationally. You've got kids. GOOD FOR YOU. Nobody's talking about making your kids illegal or exempting them from all public life.

What we are discussing, is the fact that some people, myself included, like to be insulated from other peoples' little angels whenever possible. Shit, for all I care they could charge $5 at the door on no-kids day and give the $5 back to you on yes-kids day; I'd gladly pay it for making a somewhat stressful situation for me to begin with (grocery shopping) just a little easier.

I don't feel that I need to apologize for my view on the matter, and I think if a supermarket were to do so, it would be well within their rights to fill a perceived need in the market. They'd sure as hell get my business.

But you'd, what, think that doing so should be illegal?

Nobody's done anything to you to prompt these over-spirited and nearly violent responses. You want me to 'Not breathe' for a day? Eg, die? You want me to fucking die all because I don't want to be exposed to screaming children, which I think we all agree are annoying?

Dude, fuck you.

You want me to 'Not breathe' for a day? Eg, die? You want me to fucking die all because I don't want to be exposed to screaming children, which I think we all agree are annoying?.

Like, dude, like, hold on dude, like you like don't like understand, dude. Breathe all you want, just do it at home where you won't violate my unreasonable demands on the public sphere.

You want me to 'Not breathe' for a day? Eg, die? You want me to fucking die all because I don't want to be exposed to screaming children, which I think we all agree are annoying?.

Like, dude, like, hold on dude, like you like don't like understand, dude. Breathe all you want, just do it at home where you won't violate my unreasonable demands on the public sphere.

:lol:

Whoa man, we might just have a meltdown on our hands...

brat in store Condom Commercial? :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFXa4HcAb1w&feature=related]brat in store - YouTube[/ame]

As long as it's the businesses making the decisions and not the government I don't have a problem with it.

Exactly.

And to that point, I'm still waiting for a movie theater to offer African-American Free movie viewings so I can watch a movie in peace without unnecessary and uninvited narration. :thup:

He never even noticed that I said anything or that his kid shut up. He simply didn't care one way or the other.
Which I'm sure didn't exactly come as a shock.

I would love if even just one grocery store would have some kind of "kid free" times (say middle of the day when most parents are at work?), but I doubt it's feasible or worthwhile business-wise. Which is one heck of a shame. Again if I had a nickel for every time I went grocery shopping and had to endure some screeching brat......this is why I go in and get out as quickly as possible, knowing ahead of time what I'm getting. Gone are the days of leisurely strolling through the aisles.

Gosh, wouldn't it be great if the whole world was organized to pander to your self-centered, egotistical whims? Imagine if the real world were the TV-drama set in NY or LA where everyone moved around in dim lighting, posing like runway models, sipping cocktails and speaking in soap-opera cliches and somehow society carried on although no one had any children? Wouldn't it just be so 'edgy' and 'trendy' if your self-centered fantasies were reality?

Or would it be better if you GOT THE FUCK OVER YOURSELF and realized you live in the real world where you are one insignificant speck and had better get the fuck used to the fact that other people exist.

Your shorts shrank in the dryer and are giving you quite the wedgie. Amiright?

truthfully, nobody likes your kids. they're just little versions of you, and frankly, nobody likes you either.
:)

i actually don't mind a screaming kid so long as the parent is trying to take care of it - and by that i mean sternly admonishing their child and telling them to correct their behavior, not yelling like a psycopath at a toddler and using language that would make a sailor blush.

As long as it's the businesses making the decisions and not the government I don't have a problem with it.

Exactly.

And to that point, I'm still waiting for a movie theater to offer African-American Free movie viewings so I can watch a movie in peace without unnecessary and uninvited narration. :thup:

:wtf:

People who yap during a movie should also be slapped upside the head.

Forum List

Back