The "Brat Ban" movement - I love it

Yeah, and monkeys don't understand how to drive a car, so STFU about things you are completely ignorant of.

Yeah, and monkeys don't understand how to drive a car, so STFU about things you are completely ignorant of.

No, I don't have to.

This is a whole thread dedicated to the concept of 'no children allowed' in private establishments. Restaurants, et al, where they might cause discomfort and/or inconvenience to other patrons.

I can chime in if I wanna.

You can even have your 'no breathing' day if I can have my 'no screeching children' day.

Don't have any.

But no, I don't imagine I would. What would be the point?

ARe you really as ignorant as you want us to believe you are?

Seriously?

Were you raised by a pack of wolves or something and know nothing of the human condition?

Uhhhh... Yeah, I guess I am.

I really, really don't understand why people drag their unwilling, unwanting, ill behaved children to the supermarket.

I'm responding to you being unable to imagine why YOU (if you had a child) might have to bring your child to market.

That is like totally beyond your imagination? You cannot imagine having children and having to bring them with you when you do chores?

Not liking unruly acting-out children, that we all understand.

Thinking that we must therefore banish children from public life just so people like you won't be vexed is just plain old goofy.

As long as it's the businesses making the decisions and not the government I don't have a problem with it.

I was standing in line at the grocery store yesterday. In front of me was a four year old sitting in the cart while her dad was loading up the groceries. She was "eeeeeeeeing" at an uber loud and high-pitched tone. She would go as long as she could, stop and catch her breath, then start all over again. The dad? Looked at her with zero reaction, zero comment, zero anything. The kid turned and looked at me and I quietly went "ssshhh". She shut up.

Parents who are afraid to say no to their kids ought to be slapped upside the head.

you are lucky that the parent didn't explode on you for ...:eek:... saying something to his kid.

He never even noticed that I said anything or that his kid shut up. He simply didn't care one way or the other.

As long as it's the businesses making the decisions and not the government I don't have a problem with it.

I was standing in line at the grocery store yesterday. In front of me was a four year old sitting in the cart while her dad was loading up the groceries. She was "eeeeeeeeing" at an uber loud and high-pitched tone. She would go as long as she could, stop and catch her breath, then start all over again. The dad? Looked at her with zero reaction, zero comment, zero anything. The kid turned and looked at me and I quietly went "ssshhh". She shut up.

Parents who are afraid to say no to their kids ought to be slapped upside the head.

ZOMG I would LOVE to have a grocery store enact this policy. I never ever understood why people insist upon bringing their screeching brats to the grocery store.

What a ridiculous statement. Aren't you having a kid soon? Get back to me on your statement after your kid is born, ok?

Last edited:
How about we have one day per week that you don't breathe?

What the fuck is wrong with you dude?

It's called an attention whore. Either mommy and daddy aren't paying enough attention to them so they purposely say laughably idiotic and inflammatory things as it's the only way they can get attention elsewhere, or they really are that stupid/pathetic and, being totally incapable of intelligent, adult discussion, do the only thing they are capable of: having hissies and basically spitting at people.

Either way, the more you feed that sad, desperate need for attention, the more they prattle on, so you're probably best served not doing so. This is why the the ignore feature was created.

Last edited:
He never even noticed that I said anything or that his kid shut up. He simply didn't care one way or the other.
Which I'm sure didn't exactly come as a shock.

I would love if even just one grocery store would have some kind of "kid free" times (say middle of the day when most parents are at work?), but I doubt it's feasible or worthwhile business-wise. Which is one heck of a shame. Again if I had a nickel for every time I went grocery shopping and had to endure some screeching brat......this is why I go in and get out as quickly as possible, knowing ahead of time what I'm getting. Gone are the days of leisurely strolling through the aisles.

Last edited:
Which I'm sure didn't exactly come as a shock.

I would love if even just one grocery store would have some kind of "kid free" times (say middle of the day when most parents are at work?), but I doubt it's feasible or worthwhile business-wise. Which is one heck of a shame. Again if I had a nickel for every time I went grocery shopping and had to endure some screeching brat......this is why I go in and get out as quickly as possible, knowing ahead of time what I'm getting. Gone are the days of leisurely strolling through the aisles.

One of the grocery stores near me (and one where I used to work but closed a few years back) have 'play rooms' where you can leave your kids while you shop. The kids get to play while supervised while you shop in peace. I took advantage of it when my kids were little . . . it was great!

A parent does need to take their kids someplaces in public so they can teach them how to behave in public. At least for the ones who try to teach their kids.

One of the grocery stores near me (and one where I used to work but closed a few years back) have 'play rooms' where you can leave your kids while you shop. The kids get to play while supervised while you shop in peace. I took advantage of it when my kids were little . . . it was great!
It does sound great - but of course some mindless slugs masquerading as parents wouldn't bother using it anyway :rolleyes: I always loved when churches had these and asked God's forgiveness at wanting to smack parents back into last week who didn't use them, only to have their kid screeching during the service.

It does sound great - but of course some mindless slugs masquerading as parents wouldn't bother using it anyway :rolleyes: I always loved when churches had these and asked God's forgiveness at wanting to smack parents back into last week who didn't use them, only to have their kid screeching during the service.

Jesus loves the little children.

Oh my goodness.

Somebody had to listen to somebody else's crying child in the supermarket.

The horror!

The inability to discuss this intelligently and rationally and therefore resorting to childish silliness speaks for itself. Do you cry in the supermarket too? :eusa_think:

Bill5, you are bitchin like a sassy 'needing to be smacked' medium-minded entity. Where I come from when our children are made targets we parents go after whatever will harm our children or make them less than they can be for themselves within our supervision. We don't pass the responsibility off to others easily and that is why our expectations of other adults within mainstream society is so high. BACK the FUCK off of our children. Come up with a better plan to redirect the masses by helping and teaching the 'failing parents' what methods can and should be used... A ban for all children is not logically effective. Some children set the best examples for others and prove to be more effective in reaching the more difficult children than even parents may.

Perhaps the whole issue is the fact that many parents readily understand that there is so much to be learned from and about the children and sometimes the best parenting comes from allowing the children to express themselves as freely as is logically possible and yet to maintain the balance of observance and obedience toward the laws of the land. Bill5, what other issues do you have? Be specific and do not use quotes from other sources, be direct about what concerns you have. We parents are not necessarily closed-minded.

Forum List

Back