The "Brat Ban" movement - I love it

I'd be satisfied with people actually turning off their cell phones, people not laying across the seats like they are on their living room couch, and people shutting the fuck up during the movie. I don't care what color they are.

Face it, folks, there really are places where it is inappropriate to take children under 6 (or misbehaving children of any age). A nice restaurant, where people are paying good money for a nice meal and an enjoyable evening, for example. Take the kids to McDonalds, where chaos is the norm and ambiance is not for sale. An evening movie showing... take the kiddies to an afternoon matinee. You can't take kids into a sports bar, for heaven sakes. Think age appropriate, that's all.

I don't really understand the uproar.

I agree. But at the same time, you shouldn't go to a restaurant like Friendly's and then get pissed when there are loud kids at the table next to you.

I'd be satisfied with people actually turning off their cell phones, people not laying across the seats like they are on their living room couch, and people shutting the fuck up during the movie. I don't care what color they are.

"If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater. "
-Shepherd Book

"If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater. "
-Shepherd Book

:cuckoo:

You want to clarify that.

-Shepherd Book

i guess... it's a quote, from a character in the television show Firefly, essentially saying that if someone were to take advantage of another character (not a child, but an innocent naive woman) they would not just go to hell, but a very special super hell with people who molest children and talk at the theater.

see... it's funny because it equates child molestation with theater talk, and we all know that child molestation =/= talking at the theater

i can diagram it for you if you like.

-Shepherd Book

i guess... it's a quote, from a character in the television show Firefly, essentially saying that if someone were to take advantage of another character (not a child, but an innocent naive woman) they would not just go to hell, but a very special super hell with people who molest children and talk at the theater.

see... it's funny because it equates child molestation with theater talk, and we all know that child molestation =/= talking at the theater

I think I need a diagram, if it's not too much to ask?

-Shepherd Book

Thanks but no thanks. Firefly seems like something not worth watching, based on that comparison. There are things we do not all know or agree on. This is one.

Thanks but no thanks. Firefly seems like something not worth watching, based on that comparison. There are things we do not all know or agree on. This is one.

So you didn't get the joke. Big fuck'n deal.

No reason to get all sandy vagina over it. :thup:

and to dismiss firefly that way.

:lol:

I don't suffer from Sandy Vagina. I get the joke, at least in part. I just don't find jokes about Child Molestation funny in any way. That is where I left it Mani.

I don't suffer from Sandy Vagina. I get the joke, at least in part. I just don't find jokes about Child Molestation funny in any way. That is where I left it Mani.

yeah, if you think that quote joked about child molestation, then you did not get the joke.

:lol: I just got neg'd for this post, and just so you know, it wasn't from Intense.

But it does look like he has an admirer and honor protector. :rofl:

:lol: I just got neg'd for this post, and just so you know, it wasn't from Intense.

But it does look like he has an admirer and honor protector. :rofl:

Mani, are you whining about Neg Reps again? Has not yadnar's wisdom done anything to take the sting out? Learn to embrace the pain, learn to love it. Be the Neg Rep Mani. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back