The "Brat Ban" movement - I love it

As long as it's the businesses making the decisions and not the government I don't have a problem with it.

I was standing in line at the grocery store yesterday. In front of me was a four year old sitting in the cart while her dad was loading up the groceries. She was "eeeeeeeeing" at an uber loud and high-pitched tone. She would go as long as she could, stop and catch her breath, then start all over again. The dad? Looked at her with zero reaction, zero comment, zero anything. The kid turned and looked at me and I quietly went "ssshhh". She shut up.

Parents who are afraid to say no to their kids ought to be slapped upside the head.

ZOMG I would LOVE to have a grocery store enact this policy. I never ever understood why people insist upon bringing their screeching brats to the grocery store.

First question.... do you enjoy going out to eat in a restaurant?

I have no problem with well behaved children in restaurants. I DO have a problem with the ones who will not stay in their seats..are having tantrums...crying... and oblivious parents.

When i go out to eat in a restaurant i am there to enjoy myself...just as the parents are. Inflicting your brats on others is not appropriate behavior for adults. Get a babysitter and leave them home.

OR...when they act up... parents should pick it up...and take it out of the restaurant and deal with it outside.

...but by then it's too late; the damage is done. Not that I disagree w/anything you said at all, but this ban seeks to proactively address the problem, which is so needed. It's so logical I'm amazed it's actually happening.

Maybe they could have special restaurants just for assholes and you could eat there.

You've never taken your children to the grocery store?

Don't have any.

Oh, so you HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

Sheesh, I didn't realize people felt so passionately about their need to bring their kids to the grocery store. :eusa_hand:

That's fine, as important as it seems to be, I'm sure there will continue to be supermarkets that will cater to your child-toting needs. I'm just asking for one to cater to my not-hearing-your-screeching-child needs.

Even a no-kids day would suit me just fine. Say, no-brat Thursdays? :dunno:

Last edited:
First question.... do you enjoy going out to eat in a restaurant?

I have no problem with well behaved children in restaurants. I DO have a problem with the ones who will not stay in their seats..are having tantrums...crying... and oblivious parents.

When i go out to eat in a restaurant i am there to enjoy myself...just as the parents are. Inflicting your brats on others is not appropriate behavior for adults. Get a babysitter and leave them home.

OR...when they act up... parents should pick it up...and take it out of the restaurant and deal with it outside.

...but by then it's too late; the damage is done. Not that I disagree w/anything you said at all, but this ban seeks to proactively address the problem, which is so needed. It's so logical I'm amazed it's actually happening.

If bad parenting was something that was not an existing problem... then something like this would never have come to pass.

Yes... children and their oblivious parents need to be addressed proactively.

If parents were not so damn touchy about someone commenting on their badly behaving children and their subsequent oblivious behavior....things like this would never be necessary.

Are you saying you've never taken your young children to a restaurant?

First question.... do you enjoy going out to eat in a restaurant? ]

Don't answer a question with a question. Answer mine first.

Sure i have. They know that certain behavior is expected. If that does not happen..we leave. The are not allowed to come out with us for several times and stay home with a sitter...fuming. Its called not rewarding bad behavior....and rewarding good.

As long as it's the businesses making the decisions and not the government I don't have a problem with it.

I was standing in line at the grocery store yesterday. In front of me was a four year old sitting in the cart while her dad was loading up the groceries. She was "eeeeeeeeing" at an uber loud and high-pitched tone. She would go as long as she could, stop and catch her breath, then start all over again. The dad? Looked at her with zero reaction, zero comment, zero anything. The kid turned and looked at me and I quietly went "ssshhh". She shut up.

Parents who are afraid to say no to their kids ought to be slapped upside the head.

ZOMG I would LOVE to have a grocery store enact this policy. I never ever understood why people insist upon bringing their screeching brats to the grocery store.

4am at a 24 hour grocery is AWESOME... if not when the doors open. No kids.... shelves are stocked...isles are empty...no lines at check out. :)

4am at a 24 hour grocery is AWESOME... if not when the doors open. No kids.... shelves are stocked...isles are empty...no lines at check out. :)

Making the wife go while I sit in my office, talk to you guys, and claim I'm "Working Late" works wonders too! :lol:

Nah I don't do that, but she does do most of the shopping because I work so much.

Don't have any.

Sheesh, I didn't realize people felt so passionately about their need to bring their kids to the grocery store. :eusa_hand:

That's fine, as important as it seems to be, I'm sure there will continue to be supermarkets that will cater to your child-toting needs. I'm just asking for one to cater to my not-hearing-your-screeching-child needs.

How about we have one day per week that you don't breathe?

What the fuck is wrong with you dude?

What the fuck is wrong with you dude?

What? I find that other people breathing in public really annoys me. Try to be considerate.

[ I never ever understood why people insist upon bringing their screeching brats to the grocery store.

Don't have any.

But no, I don't imagine I would. What would be the point?

ARe you really as ignorant as you want us to believe you are?

Seriously?

Were you raised by a pack of wolves or something and know nothing of the human condition?

Don't have any.

But no, I don't imagine I would. What would be the point?

ARe you really as ignorant as you want us to believe you are?

Seriously?

Were you raised by a pack of wolves or something and know nothing of the human condition?

Uhhhh... Yeah, I guess I am.

I really, really don't understand why people drag their unwilling, unwanting, ill behaved children to the supermarket.

As such, I would really, really prefer to shop in an atmosphere that doesn't contain any.

And I'm really, really shocked at the austerity of the response to that.:confused:

So to answer your question - No, it's not an act. As far as being raised by wolves, err... No, I don't believe so.

Forum List

Back