The "blue check marks" on Twitter are losing their minds over Elon Musk’s new verification plan

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Looks like Musk is lookin' to put Twitter on a payin' basis. You want extra, then you have to pay.

Introduced in June 2009, the Twitter verification system provides the site's readers with a means to distinguish genuine notable account holders, such as celebrities and organizations, from impostors or parodies.

A blue check mark displayed against an account name indicates that Twitter has taken steps to ensure that the account is actually owned by the person or organization whom it is claimed to represent.

Reactions from those with previous ownership check marks:

I am not paying any money, especially $20 a month, for this dumb blue check mark https://t.co/NCQsy4qyin
Imran Khan (@imranzomg) October 31, 2022

Lmao. Im not giving Elon Musty a fucking penny for this blue check mark. Boy bye https://t.co/umgCuT00ko
Blanche Deverheaux (@kelleent) October 31, 2022

Hilarious thing is, I’m a current twitter Blue subscriber, but I’ll need to unsubscribe if they make verification conditional to having a Twitter Blue subscription because paying for a check mark is 100% cringe. @TwitterBlue https://t.co/i3XmiF66TF
Hank Green (@hankgreen) October 30, 2022

Apparently @elonmusk greatly overestimates how much I care about my blue check mark! Twitter is planning to start charging $20 per month for verification
Phil Williams (@NC5PhilWilliams) October 31, 2022

Honestly, you can have this stupid blue check mark. Take it. It does not spark joy. https://t.co/m8zcyFEqKB
Tessa Duvall (@TessaDuvall) October 30, 2022

You can have my blue check mark. No way I’m paying anything to twitter right now. https://t.co/Oe8nupakAb
— Cora Carmack \uD83C\uDF2A is writing again \uD83E\uDD70? (@CoraCarmack) October 31, 2022

OIF.ydOlSys6b2Nlzp7NIrcC9A

LOL...

You guys are setting yourselves up for massive disappointment. It will be fun to watch.

As for the folks mentioned? Never heard of any of them....Why in the world would a blue check mark mean anything anyway

Looks like Musk is lookin' to put Twitter on a payin' basis. You want extra, then you have to pay.

Introduced in June 2009, the Twitter verification system provides the site's readers with a means to distinguish genuine notable account holders, such as celebrities and organizations, from impostors or parodies.

A blue check mark displayed against an account name indicates that Twitter has taken steps to ensure that the account is actually owned by the person or organization whom it is claimed to represent.

Reactions from those with previous ownership check marks:

OIF.ydOlSys6b2Nlzp7NIrcC9A

fake news

There is not one, thus it is fake news. Until such time as Twitter puts out an official statement saying this will happen, it is fake news.

The same basic story used to get floated around about FB every few years.

It would be quite funny to see a bunch of these programs let their blue checkmarks slip, only to have imposters troll the shit out of their accounts...

It IS happening, Oblivious one.

Link to an actual announcement from Twitter, not just rumors. Then it will no longer be fake news.

This same BS gets spread around about FB every few years and all you rubes fall for it every time

Link to an actual announcement from Twitter, not just rumors. Then it will no longer be fake news.

This same BS gets spread around about FB every few years and all you rubes fall for it every time
There's a thread on it here already, DerpyDoodle. :rolleyes-41:

There's a thread on it here already, DerpyDoodle. :rolleyes-41:

Yep, and not a damn thing from the company about 20 bucks.

You rubes never learn.

LOL...

You guys are setting yourselves up for massive disappointment. It will be fun to watch.

As for the folks mentioned? Never heard of any of them....Why in the world would a blue check mark mean anything anyway
To the assholes that have them they mean everything. This is hilarious. The liars are being challenged and they are going to lose.

According to The Verge, that's what's happening. Are you saying Musk could sue them for libel?

Would it be libel? Could he prove they knew it was false? Could he prove it did his company damage?

Would it be libel? Could he prove they knew it was false? Could he prove it did his company damage?
STFU. You lost and you know it. :funnyface:

Can you prove what they're saying is false? Well, they're a news outlet, therefore their word carries more weight than yours and you can fuck off.

STFU. You lost and you know it. :funnyface:

Can you prove what they're saying is false? Well, they're a news outlet, therefore their word carries more weight than yours and you can fuck off.

Until the company makes it official it is nothing but fake news.

That you are such a rube you buy into it is not really my problem

LOL...

You can go start your own social media company and run it however you want, right?

Forum List

Back