The biggest asshole in America

This guy is a disgrace to all of America... He cannot disappear from public life fast enough.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) said Hurricane Katrina was "nothing in comparison to what happened to the people in New York and New Jersey" from Hurricane Sandy. Katrina killed 1,833 people compared to 120 deaths from Sandy.

NOLA.com: Baton Rouge : Reid says Hurricane Katrina was 'nothing in comparison' to Sandy

Katrina killed that many people because Bush let American Citizens sit in rancid flood waters for 2 weeks.

The storm wasn't as powerful. And the 120 deaths is a testament to good governance. FEMA, Cuomo, Christie and Obama deserve a great deal of credit.

Mississippi had more deaths at 238 than what occured with Sandy along the coast, was that due to rancid flood waters too?

How anyone can say Sandy was worse than Katrina is beyond me. Reid is walking his comments back.

Katrina

$108 billion

Sandy

$50 billion

Hurricane Katrina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This guy is a disgrace to all of America... He cannot disappear from public life fast enough.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) said Hurricane Katrina was "nothing in comparison to what happened to the people in New York and New Jersey" from Hurricane Sandy. Katrina killed 1,833 people compared to 120 deaths from Sandy.

NOLA.com: Baton Rouge : Reid says Hurricane Katrina was 'nothing in comparison' to Sandy

Katrina killed that many people because Bush let American Citizens sit in rancid flood waters for 2 weeks.

The storm wasn't as powerful. And the 120 deaths is a testament to good governance. FEMA, Cuomo, Christie and Obama deserve a great deal of credit.

Those people were told for days to get the hell out of there. I don't feel sorry for the ones that stayed behind anyway thinking they could ride it through. None of that is Bush's fault......

I don't care how many times you tell someone to "get out of there", if you don't give them transportation and shoot them when they try to walk across the bridge to get out, they aren't leaving.....

Dumb fuck, they had plenty of warning to get out.

They were just too stupid to leave.

Again.

They were left to rot. The initial storm didn't kill all that many people.

Simple as that.

And almost 2000 of them died.

It's assholes like yourself that blame Americans for their own deaths due to the failings of the government.

Same assholes that block aid to places affected by natural disasters.

You people are real shitholes.

Were you on the ground in the effected area, or were you nice and cozy up there in NY. I was on the ground taking relief supplies and you don't know what the fuck your talking about. People were told to get out of there, I personally heard the warning on the local radio stations, and they refused, then cried when the found themselves in a bind. Who else should we blame.

It's assholes like yourself that blame Americans for their own deaths due to the failings of the government.

Were you on the ground in the effected area, or were you nice and cozy up there in NY. I was on the ground taking relief supplies and you don't know what the fuck your talking about. People were told to get out of there, I personally heard the warning on the local radio stations, and they refused, then cried when the found themselves in a bind. Who else should we blame.

:rolleyes:

of course you were

had the week off from seal team six, right?

asshat

of course you were

asshat

No dumb ass I was an owner operator leased to a trucking company at the time, I stopped driving in Sep 2010. did it for about 6 years. I'm sure actual work is a foreign concept to slime balls like yourself.

of course you were

asshat

No dumb ass I was an owner operator leased to a trucking company at the time, I stopped driving in Sep 2010. did it for about 6 years. I'm sure actual work is a foreign concept to slime balls like yourself.

yes, it is.

i just wait on my crazy check and then invest it in meth to sell to crackers like you.

life's good.:thup:

of course you were

asshat

yes, it is.

i just wait on my crazy check and then invest it in meth to sell to crackers like you.

Yep you must have a booming business, kind of like selling hardwood floors to a tile guy, right. Got to hit that target market.

yes, it is.

Yep you must have a booming business, kind of like selling hardwood floors to a tile guy, right. Got to hit that target market.

say maobama for me. :lol:

Those people were told for days to get the hell out of there. I don't feel sorry for the ones that stayed behind anyway thinking they could ride it through. None of that is Bush's fault......
Again.

Simple as that.

That's just mythtifying bullshit. "Days" if you mean the two leading up to landfall.

I'm a Katrinite; I was there, I don't need Wikipedia. I was first made aware of the existence of Katrina on that weekend, Saturday August 27, about 2pm. I got the clan gathered up and on the road Sunday, and the storm hit Monday the 29th. About 51 hours to assess the situation, wrap up what one's doing, secure possessions, pack, find a place to park cars, gather clan and pets, find a place to go, and sit in a parking lot of traffic.

I knew several people who stayed in. Some just went on and dealt with it, a couple got rescued when their building took eight feet of water. The storm didn't chase them; the flooding did. The blame is on the Army Corps of Engineers for letting the levees go. Without that failure before the fact, Katrina is just another hurricane.

To the point of the OP... it continues to boggle my mind that a man like Harry Reid is the leader of anything. He must have naked pictures of somebody.

Last edited:
yes, it is.

say maobama for me. :lol:

Poor commie slime ball, going broke trying to sell meth to crack dealers, may be you should go back to business school.

Hold on here. Katrina was tracked for close to a week before it hit. I sat there and watched the news and the warnings, that was all anyone had to do was relay the information to the people. It's the individuals job to get the f*ck out of the way. What did you expect? Government moving companies to relocate the welfare people before a storm hit?

I think what we gained from Katrina was about 2,000 people that were too f*cking stupid to be in the gene pool got eliminated. Darwin awards all around.

In the end I would think something like Katrina would actually teach you people the government can't and won't be able to baby sit your dumb *ss in all situations. Sitting back and waiting for the government to take care of you means you will die. Anyone that thought that and died? Well we won't miss them.

Nope, wrong again. It's true Katrina had a long life-- actually hit Florida first, which has become trivia -- but its path was completely unpredictable until Saturday August 27. As I said that's when I first even heard of the storm, that's when the buzz started to go around, and it hit in the dawn hours of Monday the 29th. As long as these "they had plenty of time" myths get mongered, I'll be here to drown them in the bathtub. Because it's utter bullshit.

Sandy by contrast followed the path that was forecast days before, with no surprises.

Which one was stronger, I'd be hesitant to say. Having seen and walked through Katrina's aftermath, I wouldn't bet against her.

I've got pictures somewhere, I should post them...

Last edited:

While the Governor of Louisiana was where?

Oh, that's right - he fled the State.

Thanks

Oh that's wrong -- the governor was a she, and she stayed right where she was, in Baton Rouge.
Dumbass.

Blanco made plenty of mistakes and in fact told everyone less than 48 hours before the storm hit that she was able to BRAG about how prepared they were.

Governor Kathleen Blanco (D-LA): "I believe that we are really prepared. That's the one thing that I've always been able to brag about."

How much blame does Gov. Blanco deserve? - NBCNightlyNews - NBC News Investigates | NBC News

They knew it would take 2 days to evacuate and they did not.

Blanco and the mayor waited until Sunday, Aug. 28 — only 20 hours before Katrina came ashore — to order a mandatory evacuation, the first of what disaster experts and Louisiana insiders say were serious mistakes by the governor.

And she did not ask for federal assistance until days after the storm made landfall. They should have evacuated and waited until it was far too late.

The governor would not say whether she made the decision not to use those troops and tells NBC News her state's response to Katrina was "very well planned and executed with great precision and effectiveness."

How much blame does Gov. Blanco deserve? - NBCNightlyNews - NBC News Investigates | NBC News

Again.

Simple as that.

In addition to that, Sallow is fucking lying. They were NOT left to rot.

This is how they manipulate people.

Hold on here. Katrina was tracked for close to a week before it hit. I sat there and watched the news and the warnings, that was all anyone had to do was relay the information to the people. It's the individuals job to get the f*ck out of the way. What did you expect? Government moving companies to relocate the welfare people before a storm hit?

I think what we gained from Katrina was about 2,000 people that were too f*cking stupid to be in the gene pool got eliminated. Darwin awards all around.

In the end I would think something like Katrina would actually teach you people the government can't and won't be able to baby sit your dumb *ss in all situations. Sitting back and waiting for the government to take care of you means you will die. Anyone that thought that and died? Well we won't miss them.

Nope, wrong again. It's true Katrina had a long life-- actually hit Florida first, which has become trivia -- but its path was completely unpredictable until Saturday August 27. As I said that's when I first even heard of the storm, that's when the buzz started to go around, and it hit in the dawn hours of Monday the 29th. As long as these "they had plenty of time" myths get mongered, I'll be here to drown them in the bathtub. Because it's utter bullshit.

Sandy by contrast followed the path that was forecast days before, with no surprises.

Which one was stronger, I'd be hesitant to say. Having seen and walked through Katrina's aftermath, I wouldn't bet against her.

They did have plenty of time, why did Blanco declare a state of Emergency on the 26th if what you say is true, they knew what was coming days before that.

KATRINA TIMELINE | ThinkProgress

CaféAuLait;6618831 said:
While the Governor of Louisiana was where?

Oh, that's right - he fled the State.

Thanks

Oh that's wrong -- the governor was a she, and she stayed right where she was, in Baton Rouge.
Dumbass.

Blanco made plenty of mistakes and in fact told everyone less than 48 hours before the storm hit that she was able to BRAG about how prepared they were.

Sure she made mistakes, as you did right there, because that statement refers to Jefferson Parish. As it happens, Jefferson was indeed prepared, because when we finally were allowed back into the city in early October five weeks later, the entire city was still dark, covered with rubble, under curfew and lawless. If you went in to clean up your place, you worked by daylight and went to Jefferson at sunset -- where they had electricity, running water and restaurants open to eat.

Anyway my point to the clueless one was that he had the governor fleeing the state with a sex change, which shows he knows jack squat of what he's talking about, or as the rest of the world calls it, "Tuesday".

CaféAuLait;6618831 said:

The hell they didn't. Why do you think I left on Sunday? And once again, "two days" was the absolute maximum anybody had, and that's if they were the first to hear the forecast path and dropped everything. And when we did that evacuation, the entire I-10 was contraflowed westbound-- who do you think set that up? And in that contraflow we sat for hours, crawling a few feet at a time, due to the volume of traffic. Where the hell did all those cars come from if nobody told them to evacuate??

Once again, real slowly, I wasn't even aware of the existence of the storm until Saturday afternoon. There was absolutely no time to lollygag around thinking about whether you wanted to go or not.

CaféAuLait;6618831 said:
And she did not ask for federal assistance until days after the storm made landfall. They should have evacuated and waited until it was far too late.

Wrong yet again. Blanco asked for federal assistance on that same Saturday August 27 (and got it from Bush). And that's the same day I, using myself as a typical resident, was even made aware of the storm by a phone call from a friend. If you don't have a clue what you're talking about, then just STFU, because I do. You're embarrassing yourself. I'm not getting this from fucking Wikipedia and Google searches; I went through it. I'm an eyewitness.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;6618836 said:

They did have plenty of time, why did Blanco declare a state of Emergency on the 26th if what you say is true, they knew what was coming days before that.

Again, when you say "they" you mean me, because I am the one of us who was there.

A state of emergency is an earlier stage step, that's why it's issued on the 26th. And the reason it was issued, you'll be thrilled to know, was to support the state evacuation plan.
I'm not even going to bother opening your link because this is the fact: NOBODY knew what was going to happen on the 26th. By the 27th it looked very likely; by the 28th, definite. All this fucking bullshit about people having had "plenty of time" is exactly that.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;6618831 said:
Dumbass.

Sure she made mistakes, as you did right there, because that statement refers to Jefferson Parish. As it happens, Jefferson was indeed prepared, because when we finally were allowed back into the city in early October five weeks later, the entire city was still dark, covered with rubble, under curfew and lawless. If you went in to clean up your place, you worked by daylight and went to Jefferson at sunset -- where they had electricity, running water and restaurants open to eat.

Anyway my point to the clueless one was that he had the governor fleeing the state with a sex change, which shows he knows jack squat of what he's talking about, or as the rest of the world calls it, "Tuesday".

CaféAuLait;6618831 said:

The hell they didn't. Why do you think I left on Sunday? And once again, "two days" was the absolute maximum anybody had, and that's if they were the first to hear the forecast path and dropped everything. And when we did that evacuation, the entire I-10 was contraflowed westbound-- who do you think set that up? And in that contraflow we sat for hours, crawling a few feet at a time, due to the volume of traffic. Where the hell did all those cars come from if nobody told them to evacuate??

Once again, real slowly, I wasn't even aware of the existence of the storm until Saturday afternoon. There was absolutely no time to lollygag around thinking about whether you wanted to go or not.

CaféAuLait;6618831 said:

Wrong yet again. Blanco asked for federal assistance on that same Saturday August 27 (and got it from Bush). And that's the same day I, using myself as a typical resident, was even made aware of the storm by a phone call from a friend. If you don't have a clue what you're talking about, then just STFU, because I do. You're embarrassing yourself. I'm not getting this from fucking Wikipedia and Google searches; I went through it.

Blanco declared a state of Emergency on the 26th of August. Which shows she made in INFORMED decision about a disaster which everyone had been following days before she called for the intial state of emergency:

26th August:

GOV. KATHLEEN BLANCO DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY IN LOUISIANA [Office of the Governor]

Memory fails and this is why I am supplying you with the timelines and news reports.

Here is another article with her own quotes and more of the timeline

I blame Reaganomics and their putting off improvements to the levees the corps of engineers wanted to do. See Harry Shearer.

and all the other infrastructure they've let fall apart the last 30 years...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back