The biggest asshole in America

what about all those school buses just sitting in the lot?....

Mayor Nagin failed to utilize their sources.

Whenever I hear somebody bring up the school buses, three words come to mind: "hook", "line" and "sinker". You guys are the classic gullible drone-audience that TV demands.

Some news channel takes a picture of flooded school buses, tacks on a suggestive chyron, and y'all wet your pants over it. Never mind that nobody determined whether there was time to marshal those buses, find drivers for them and organize evacuation; never mind that we don't know if said buses were in working condition, or if the mayor even had the authority to commandeer them; never mind that the pictures taken might not have been within Orleans Parish-- we've got a picture and that's all we need.

Time was the biggest factor of these. Nobody knew Katrina was coming on Monday the 29th (at dawn) until Saturday the 27th.
Three more words come to mind: "Monday morning quarterback".

Don't get me wrong, Ray Nagin was a disaster himself in a lot of ways, some of which came under indictment. But try to have at least some basis before jumping to conclusions. And if you're going to slobber all over yourself every time Television commands you to, at least wear a bib.

talk about hook line and sinker......we were shown pictures out here of those buses sitting there before the worst part got there,with rain coming down but NO flooding yet....and asking why are these Buses not being used?......and time to Marshall the Buses?....they were sitting in the yard were they get parked at the end of the day.... you GET people to drive them out....we also had a clip of a 15 year old kid who grabbed a City bus, picked up a bunch of people and drove them out of the area to Texas....i think maybe you should get the Bib Pogo....

Mayor Nagin failed to utilize their sources.

Whenever I hear somebody bring up the school buses, three words come to mind: "hook", "line" and "sinker". You guys are the classic gullible drone-audience that TV demands.

Some news channel takes a picture of flooded school buses, tacks on a suggestive chyron, and y'all wet your pants over it. Never mind that nobody determined whether there was time to marshal those buses, find drivers for them and organize evacuation; never mind that we don't know if said buses were in working condition, or if the mayor even had the authority to commandeer them; never mind that the pictures taken might not have been within Orleans Parish-- we've got a picture and that's all we need.

Time was the biggest factor of these. Nobody knew Katrina was coming on Monday the 29th (at dawn) until Saturday the 27th.

Don't get me wrong, Ray Nagin was a disaster himself in a lot of ways, some of which came under indictment. But try to have at least some basis before jumping to conclusions. And if you're going to slobber all over yourself every time Television commands you to, at least wear a bib.

talk about hook line and sinker......we were shown pictures out here of those buses sitting there before the worst part got there,with rain coming down but NO flooding yet....and asking why are these Buses not being used?......and time to Marshall the Buses?....they were sitting in the yard were they get parked at the end of the day.... you GET people to drive them out....we also had a clip of a 15 year old kid who grabbed a City bus, picked up a bunch of people and drove them out of the area to Texas....i think maybe you should get the Bib Pogo....

Obviously you've never been near a hurricane, Harry-- when the rain is coming down it's already too late to evacuate and your best bet is to find a spot to ride it out. You just don't do this on the day of--- you'd be seeing pictures of those same buses floating in Lake Ponchartrain, with people drowning inside them, because the bus was blown off the road. As I said, 48 hours was the lead time. We had to scramble, and quick. Whether there was time to commandeer those buses and organize them into evacuations and get out--- and you have to get out by the day before, which means now you have only a max of 24 hours, or less-- is highly speculative and highly uncertain.

It's all very easy to look from 2000 miles away and eight years later and say "they shoulda done this, they shoulda done that"-- not so easy to actually think about how it would actually work. As if snapping one's fingers makes it happen and there are no logistics involved. Just as it's easy for a muckraker TV channel to flash a picture of buses (or people trapped on a roof, or a few looters, or an aerial shot of submerged freeways) to draw gullible viewers on a highly competitive commercial-news window. Doesn't take a lot of brain sweat.

Everything you saw on TV was a product of one commercial news network or another looking to make a buck out of a ratings bonanza. They do that through emotion. They'll play up submerged school buses; they'll play up helicopter rescues; they'll play up stories of snipers with guns stolen from Wal-Mart; they'll play up George Bush and Michael Brown. It's all part of the circus, because there's money to be made.

Don't be so gullible. Look up now and then and see the puppeteers.

Last edited:

Obviously you've never been near a hurricane, Harry-- when the rain is coming down it's already too late to evacuate and your best bet is to find a spot to ride it out. You just don't do this on the day of--- you'd be seeing pictures of those same buses floating in Lake Ponchartrain, with people drowning inside them, because the bus was blown off the road. As I said, 48 hours was the lead time. We had to scramble, and quick. Whether there was time to commandeer those buses and organize them into evacuations and get out--- and you have to get out by the day before, which means now you have only a max of 24 hours, or less-- is highly speculative and highly uncertain.

It's all very easy to look from 2000 miles away and eight years later and say "they shoulda done this, they shoulda done that"-- not so easy to actually think about how it would actually work. As if snapping one's fingers makes it happen and there are no logistics involved. Just as it's easy for a muckraker TV channel to flash a picture of buses (or people trapped on a roof, or a few looters, or an aerial shot of submerged freeways) to draw gullible viewers on a highly competitive commercial-news window. Doesn't take a lot of brain sweat.

Everything you saw on TV was a product of one commercial news network or another looking to make a buck out of a ratings bonanza. They do that through emotion. They'll play up submerged school buses; they'll play up helicopter rescues; they'll play up stories of snipers with guns stolen from Wal-Mart; they'll play up George Bush and Michael Brown. It's all part of the circus, because there's money to be made.

Obviously you've never been near a hurricane, Harry

ok....you are right....i never have so perhaps i should not be commenting.....i know when i see people here talking about earthquakes that have never been in a major one i kinda say to myself.....what the hell are talking about?.....so i see your point.....ill let those who live down there take the debate on....:eusa_angel:

Obviously you've never been near a hurricane, Harry

ok....you are right....i never have so perhaps i should not be commenting.....i know when i see people here talking about earthquakes that have never been in a major one i kinda say to myself.....what the hell are talking about?.....so i see your point.....ill let those who live down there take the debate on....:eusa_angel:

Harry, you are a gentleman, a scholar and a worthy opponent with class. But I already knew that. :)

Actually what's funny is how Rottgutter just makes shit up and bumps old threads that should be downright embarrassing if anybody reads what he's posted in them.

That's not "libs bashing Bush" -- that's the OP making shit up out of thin air yet again.
Notice how as soon as I challenge him to show a post that backs up his premise, he's suddenly nowhere to be found?

It's all a childish game to the troll who started this thread. All he's interested in is finding out who has a D after his name and then laying some shit on them. Even if he has to make it up. Even if he's wrong about what the letter after the name really is. Just make it up.

Another troll came in and said about the governor "he left the state", which belies his ignorance that not only was the governor IN the state throughout, but she wasn't even a he. The guy didn't even know who the governor was. Again, just making it up in hopes of swaying readers with blatant fabrications. Facts? Who needs 'em?

Projection...thanks for showing us how liberals work...the guy posted and article from black democrat stategist saying Bush was right......and I think he was......where was the local govt during that...FL gets shit done, LA diddnt do shit

Once again, for those of you just learning to read, the projection is here:
The facts just continue to pile up and embarrass Pogo...

-- now exactly how am I supposed to be "embarrassed" by this? I asked him this question and he turned tail and ran away like a little girl.
Shall I then conclude that making stuff up out of thin air and then running and hiding (and we know he read the post) is "showing how conservatives work"?

This is the same guy who posted, in this very thread, that authorities were warning people to leave New Orleans not only before it got to Florida but before it was even born.
He's got his head firmly up his ass. You may call him a "projector"; I call him a lying asshole. Semantics. Go back and read the thread before you embarrass yourself more.

So why do you care that Donna Brazile is black?

Hey dumbass, you really didnt notice liberals attacking Bush over Katrina???? is that why you negged me????

Hurricane Katrina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However, the President and Secretary Chertoff initially came under harsh criticism for what some perceived as a lack of planning and coordination. Brown claimed that Governor Blanco resisted their efforts and was unhelpful. Governor Blanco and her staff disputed this

During A Concert for Hurricane Relief, a benefit concert for victims of the hurricane, rapper Kanye West veered off script and harshly criticized the government's response to the crisis, stating that "George Bush doesn't care about black people

and yeah NOOOO liberals criticized Bush.....oh wait

Will the Bush library whitewash Hurricane Katrina? ? MSNBC

As Melissa Harris-Perry and I wrote in 2009, it was Bush’s failure around Katrina that gave media the backbone to question his performance, caused Republicans to lose the House of Representatives in the 2008 mid-term elections and made way for the American people to vote a Democrat into the White House.

and then stuff like this

ecoEnquirer: Did Bush Jets Influence Hurricane Katrina?

Seriouslly???? the left has blamed him for causing Katrina (through global warming), manipulating katrina (above article) and for the response (even though it's a state and local problem)

It's a fucking hurricane, how does someone get blamed for that????

Projection...thanks for showing us how liberals work...the guy posted and article from black democrat stategist saying Bush was right......and I think he was......where was the local govt during that...FL gets shit done, LA diddnt do shit

Once again, for those of you just learning to read, the projection is here:
The facts just continue to pile up and embarrass Pogo...

-- now exactly how am I supposed to be "embarrassed" by this? I asked him this question and he turned tail and ran away like a little girl.
Shall I then conclude that making stuff up out of thin air and then running and hiding (and we know he read the post) is "showing how conservatives work"?

This is the same guy who posted, in this very thread, that authorities were warning people to leave New Orleans not only before it got to Florida but before it was even born.
He's got his head firmly up his ass. You may call him a "projector"; I call him a lying asshole. Semantics. Go back and read the thread before you embarrass yourself more.

So why do you care that Donna Brazile is black?

Hey dumbass, you really didnt notice liberals attacking Bush over Katrina???? is that why you negged me????

Hurricane Katrina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However, the President and Secretary Chertoff initially came under harsh criticism for what some perceived as a lack of planning and coordination. Brown claimed that Governor Blanco resisted their efforts and was unhelpful. Governor Blanco and her staff disputed this

During A Concert for Hurricane Relief, a benefit concert for victims of the hurricane, rapper Kanye West veered off script and harshly criticized the government's response to the crisis, stating that "George Bush doesn't care about black people

and yeah NOOOO liberals criticized Bush.....oh wait

Will the Bush library whitewash Hurricane Katrina? ? MSNBC

As Melissa Harris-Perry and I wrote in 2009, it was Bush’s failure around Katrina that gave media the backbone to question his performance, caused Republicans to lose the House of Representatives in the 2008 mid-term elections and made way for the American people to vote a Democrat into the White House.

and then stuff like this

ecoEnquirer: Did Bush Jets Influence Hurricane Katrina?

Seriouslly???? the left has blamed him for causing Katrina (through global warming), manipulating katrina (above article) and for the response (even though it's a state and local problem)

It's a fucking hurricane, how does someone get blamed for that????

You write with Melissa Harris-Perry huh? What's that like?

Now what do any of those links have to do with me??
Lotta work to go through to prove nothing.

Dumb shit.

Once again, your two questions are these:
- On what basis should I be "embarrassed" that Donna Brazile gave this interview? And...
- Why is it important that Donna Brazile is black?

Last edited:
uhhhh.... dog, you're the same wag (hee hee) that was insisting in this very thread that warnings to evacuate for Katrina came "a week out" -- before Katrina even existed.
As I’ve argued with the ignorant dill-hole Pogo for years now - Hurricane Katrina was no last minute surprise. Everyone had a notice more than 4 days in advance. Being the childish ignorant dill-hole, he attempted to lie about it.

Well Pogo - here is some really bad news for you. This article was from Monday (09/10/18) warning of the hurricane set to hit this Thursday (09/12/18). It’s a warning 4 days in advance, just as I stated about Katrina. Of course, you’re next pitiful and pathetic lie will be that we didn’t have these capabilities “back then”. Well, in 2005 we absolutely had sophisticated satellites/radar/etc. Everyone knew about Hurricane Katrina 4 to 5 days in advance. It’s just that lazy liberals like yourself refused to take any personal responsibility.

Proved you wrong yet again (I do every time)! How does it feel to be my personal bitch on USMB?

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Hurricane Florence Could Drop 40 Inches of Rain When It Makes Landfall in North Carolina

Forum List

Back