The biggest asshole in America

About the time Katrina was west of Ft. Myers I'd be boarding windows and raising what I could. I'd rather put it up unnecessarily than to have to rush it with 8 hours til landfall. There wouldn't be any 'rounding up' people, my family knows where to be in an emergency. Documents live in a portable, fireproof safe.

It's called "The Rule of Seven 'P's...

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

None of this is in question here. I and other people I knew simply got ready and evacuated. There were no issues, nothing forgotten or anything like that. It was just the Rottenshiller here who was making up fake timelines and fake scenarios eight years later that I corrected.

It's not even what the thread was about; the thread was supposedly about Harry Reid. Strangely enough in the beginning Rottenheimer was defending Katrinites, and now he's turned completely around 180º. He's got no clue what he's howling about.

Actually, it was idiot liberals like YOU who changed this thread (claiming Bush was "the biggest asshole in America" and citing the deaths of Hurrican Katrina, as if they were his fault). It's a damn shame you're too lazy to read from the beginning so you can get your facts straight.

But then again, as we can see from your posts, you really don't care about facts anyway. The reality is, you're getting your ass handed to you as people step forward with more and more facts that are proving everything you've been claiming is bullshit - so you're trying to backpedal and change the subject yet again.

A man can admit when he was wrong. Says a lot about you, doesn't it?

Funny, I never brought up Bush except to note that Katrina was not his fault. By the time I first posted here (69) the shark had been jumped to Katrina evacuation timelines already. And since I'm in a position to actually know about those timelines, as opposed to pulling posts out of my ass, I responded to correct the record. You can't stand that? Oh well.

Both of which make you a fucking liar btw. It's on the record and verifiable. Dumb shit.

This is your thread, fuckwit. You started out trashing Harry Reid for his minimizing of the severity of Katrina -- and since then you've been minimizing the severity of Katrina. You start out barking at Harry Reid, now you're slobbering all over his lap talking about how you'd be gone 20 minutes before the storm even generated. You are entirely and transparently full of shit. That you'd resurrect this sorry thread after a month only to come up with no answer tells me you're self-destructive too. I'm just helping you with that. You're welcome.

Last edited:
I think a whole lot of my fellow Nevadans are regretting the fact that they re-elected Dingy Harry. Now, hi kid's doing everything he can to make another run for a federal job.:evil:

Yep, we who lived through it have quite a different memory of it than the retards who are trying to revise history.

All of the weather wizards had it going to Mobile or Pensacola until about 30 hours before it hit NOLA.

Even as bad as it was, it would have been no big deal if the levees had held---we can thank the corps of engineers for that.

you seem to think you are exclusive to who lived through it. Revise history? I guess you haven't ever seen a storm change course within 3 days have you? And if you haven't then you are definitely not paying enough attention, living in a hurricane zone. Personal responsibility is to know what is happening with one when it gets anywhere near your neck of the woods. Pensicola is 199 miles from New Orleans. Equal to the span of the storm before it grew. Seems since the cones western edge if the center chose to go there would have had you in its cross hairs. You would have known that if you had educated yourself. That cone represents a body of error only. Not where the center will definitively go.

Definition of the NHC Track Forecast Cone
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definition:

The cone represents the probable track of the center of a tropical cyclone, and is formed by enclosing the area swept out by a set of circles (not shown) along the forecast track (at 12, 24, 36 hours, etc). The size of each circle is set so that two-thirds of historical official forecast errors over a 5-year sample fall within the circle. The circle radii defining the cones in 2011 for the Atlantic and eastern North Pacific basins are given in the table below.

One can also examine historical tracks to determine how often the entire 5-day path of a cyclone remains completely within the area of the cone. This is a different perspective that ignores most timing errors. For example, a storm moving very slowly but in the expected direction would still be within the area of the cone, even though the track forecast error could be very large. Based on forecasts over the previous 5 years, the entire track of the tropical cyclone can be expected to remain within the cone roughly 60-70% of the time.

Radii of NHC forecast cone circles for 2011, based on error statistics from 2006-2010:

2/3 Probability Circle,

Forecast Period
(hours)

12 24 36 48 72 96 120
Atlantic Basin
(nautical miles)
36 59 79 98 144 190 239

So if the center decides to go to that western edge the forecast could still be off by 190 miles at 5 days. At 5 days you were forecast to be in the hurricane wind span if it indeed did hit that western most point.

I am well aware of the cone of probability and all that crap. The facts on Katrina are that the cone did not even include New Orleans until it was at the mouth of the river. Then the incompetent Blanco and the criminal Nagin screwed up every aspect of trying to save the city and its residents, the corps of engineers and the levee boards were negligent in maintaining the levees and pumping stations.

I lived through the storm and the aftermath, so don't try to get cute with me on the facts.

the left edge of the cone was just east of New Orleans. If the center hit there (without including the margin of error they had at that point) and you extrapolate the wind span - New Orleans would still be hit and the wall of water being pushed would be hitting the coastline there. The cone does not encompass the storm - only a general idea of form left to right where the think the eye of the hurricane might hit. The eye is the calm, it's eyewall is generally the most powerful aspect but does not encompass the full aspect of the storm. If the eye is 25 miles across then then the eyewall will hit 25 miles away from the center.

This is your thread, fuckwit. You started out trashing Harry Reid for his minimizing of the severity of Katrina -- and since then you've been minimizing the severity of Katrina.

You've become so unhinged by my truth's exposing your ignorance, you're just making up shit now.

At no point did I ever "minimize the severity of Katrina". What I did do was expose how asshole liberals like you can't take care of yourselves in the face of a catastrophe and rely on government to wipe your little hind end and provide everything for you.

Katrina was devastating to the city (ie buildings, facilities, infrastructure, etc.). But not one person had to die, because they had plenty of fucking time to get the fuck out of dodge. They had a week to do something I could do in 20 minutes. You're just pissed off that I proved your a lazy liberal who can't take care of themselves.

This is your thread, fuckwit. You started out trashing Harry Reid for his minimizing of the severity of Katrina -- and since then you've been minimizing the severity of Katrina.

You've become so unhinged by my truth's exposing your ignorance, you're just making up shit now.

At no point did I ever "minimize the severity of Katrina". What I did do was expose how asshole liberals like you can't take care of yourselves in the face of a catastrophe and rely on government to wipe your little hind end and provide everything for you.

Katrina was devastating to the city (ie buildings, facilities, infrastructure, etc.). But not one person had to die, because they had plenty of fucking time to get the fuck out of dodge. They had a week to do something I could do in 20 minutes. You're just pissed off that I proved your a lazy liberal who can't take care of themselves.

Once again ............. you cannot respond to a situation a week before it exists. I have to wonder who's helping you type these posts if you really are this stupid. And why.

The facts just continue to pile up and embarrass Pogo...

Donna Brazile, CNN contributor and former chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, was born in New Orleans and much of her family was still in the city when Hurricane Katrina hit in 2005. In a column for CNN.com, she says Bush was “as good as his word” in responding to the disaster.

Brazile writes:

He visited the Gulf states 17 times; went 13 times to New Orleans. Laura Bush made 24 trips. Bush saw that $126 billion in aid was sent to the Gulf’s residents, as some members of his own party in Congress balked.

Bush put a special emphasis on rebuilding schools and universities. He didn’t forget African-Americans: Bush provided $400 million to the historically black colleges, now integrated, that remain a pride, and magnet for African-American students. Laura Bush, a librarian, saw to it that thousands of books ruined by the floods were replaced. To this day, there are many local libraries with tributes devoted to her efforts. …

Our recovery can be credited to the civility and tireless efforts of President Bush and other Americans, who united and worked together to help rebuild the Gulf and the place of my birth, New Orleans.

At the time (and still today) the Bush administration was widely criticized in the media as being ineffective in its relief response to the Katrina aftermath.

CNN?s Donna Brazile says Bush got Katrina response right | TheBlaze.com

Donna Brazile, CNN contributor and former chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, was born in New Orleans and much of her family was still in the city when Hurricane Katrina hit in 2005. In a column for CNN.com, she says Bush was “as good as his word” in responding to the disaster.

Brazile writes:

He visited the Gulf states 17 times; went 13 times to New Orleans. Laura Bush made 24 trips. Bush saw that $126 billion in aid was sent to the Gulf’s residents, as some members of his own party in Congress balked.

Bush put a special emphasis on rebuilding schools and universities. He didn’t forget African-Americans: Bush provided $400 million to the historically black colleges, now integrated, that remain a pride, and magnet for African-American students. Laura Bush, a librarian, saw to it that thousands of books ruined by the floods were replaced. To this day, there are many local libraries with tributes devoted to her efforts. …

Our recovery can be credited to the civility and tireless efforts of President Bush and other Americans, who united and worked together to help rebuild the Gulf and the place of my birth, New Orleans.

At the time (and still today) the Bush administration was widely criticized in the media as being ineffective in its relief response to the Katrina aftermath.

What in the blue fuck does that have to do with anything I've posted?
:cuckoo:

Say, aren't you the shining star of intellect who kept insisting in this thread that authorities were warning people to evacuate for Katrina -- before Katrina even existed? :lol:

Last edited:
This guy is a disgrace to all of America... He cannot disappear from public life fast enough.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) said Hurricane Katrina was "nothing in comparison to what happened to the people in New York and New Jersey" from Hurricane Sandy. Katrina killed 1,833 people compared to 120 deaths from Sandy.

New Orleans, LA Local News, Breaking News, Sports & Weather - NOLA.com

Damn I was hoping for the title.....but Harry Reid has me beat....again liberals make the present the worst of anything......they have no concept of the past, history and anything......everything happens in a vaccum and so Sandy was the worst thing ever!!!!!!!! until the next school shooting or hurricane.

This guy is a disgrace to all of America... He cannot disappear from public life fast enough.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) said Hurricane Katrina was "nothing in comparison to what happened to the people in New York and New Jersey" from Hurricane Sandy. Katrina killed 1,833 people compared to 120 deaths from Sandy.

Damn I was hoping for the title.....but Harry Reid has me beat....again liberals make the present the worst of anything......they have no concept of the past, history and anything......everything happens in a vaccum and so Sandy was the worst thing ever!!!!!!!! until the next school shooting or hurricane.

The part I love is the way the thread listing reads in my Control Panel:
The biggest asshole in America followed immediately by the word
"Rottweiler"

:rofl:

Somewhere in there is a lesson on naming one's thread.

"Rottweiler"

Maybe, except, when the see Harry Reid....it's pretty evident who is...by the way has he passed a budget and released his taxes?

"Rottweiler"

Maybe, except, when the see Harry Reid....it's pretty evident who is...by the way has he passed a budget and released his taxes?

I have no idea, but I do notice Rottgut is here to thank your post but has no answer for mine. Go figure.

Brazile writes:

What in the blue fuck does that have to do with anything I've posted?
:cuckoo:

Say, aren't you the shining star of intellect who kept insisting in this thread that authorities were warning people to evacuate for Katrina -- before Katrina even existed? :lol:

He’s also the shining star of intellect who stated Constitutional rights apply only to US citizens.

Way to stop investing in infrastructure, Reagaistas! Anything for greedy idiot rich a-holes...any numer of whom are bigger schmucks than Reid, How did he explain this anyway, dupes?

Majority Leader Harry Reid backtracks after saying Hurricane ...
www.nydailynews.com/.../fellow-senator-calls-harry-reid-idiot-article-1.1234913
Jan 7, 2013 ... Harry Reid (D-NV) has complained about the slow pace of ... WASHINGTON -
After being called “an idiot” by a Senate colleague, Senate Majority Leader Harry
Reid backtracked Monday after declaring that Hurricane Katrina was in some ... “I
simply misspoke,” Reid (D-Nevada) said in a written statement.

Trying to hurry help for Sandy victims...what an a-hole- and except for deaths, he was right in many ways...way to put off levee improvements to pander to the rich., Pubbies.

Forum List

Back