The biggest asshole in America

Way to stop investing in infrastructure, Reagaistas! Anything for greedy idiot rich a-holes...any numer of whom are bigger schmucks than Reid, How did he explain this anyway, dupes?

I support building infrastructure, but I thought it the local government did most of that? Oh I'll agree federal grants do help.

The facts just continue to pile up and embarrass Pogo...

Donna Brazile, CNN contributor and former chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, was born in New Orleans and much of her family was still in the city when Hurricane Katrina hit in 2005. In a column for CNN.com, she says Bush was “as good as his word” in responding to the disaster.

Brazile writes:

He visited the Gulf states 17 times; went 13 times to New Orleans. Laura Bush made 24 trips. Bush saw that $126 billion in aid was sent to the Gulf’s residents, as some members of his own party in Congress balked.

Bush put a special emphasis on rebuilding schools and universities. He didn’t forget African-Americans: Bush provided $400 million to the historically black colleges, now integrated, that remain a pride, and magnet for African-American students. Laura Bush, a librarian, saw to it that thousands of books ruined by the floods were replaced. To this day, there are many local libraries with tributes devoted to her efforts. …

Our recovery can be credited to the civility and tireless efforts of President Bush and other Americans, who united and worked together to help rebuild the Gulf and the place of my birth, New Orleans.

At the time (and still today) the Bush administration was widely criticized in the media as being ineffective in its relief response to the Katrina aftermath.

CNN?s Donna Brazile says Bush got Katrina response right | TheBlaze.com

What's funny is how libs bash Bush for Katrina when, actually, it was the Governor and the Mayor who dropped the ball on this.

Donna Brazile, CNN contributor and former chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, was born in New Orleans and much of her family was still in the city when Hurricane Katrina hit in 2005. In a column for CNN.com, she says Bush was “as good as his word” in responding to the disaster.

Brazile writes:

He visited the Gulf states 17 times; went 13 times to New Orleans. Laura Bush made 24 trips. Bush saw that $126 billion in aid was sent to the Gulf’s residents, as some members of his own party in Congress balked.

Bush put a special emphasis on rebuilding schools and universities. He didn’t forget African-Americans: Bush provided $400 million to the historically black colleges, now integrated, that remain a pride, and magnet for African-American students. Laura Bush, a librarian, saw to it that thousands of books ruined by the floods were replaced. To this day, there are many local libraries with tributes devoted to her efforts. …

Our recovery can be credited to the civility and tireless efforts of President Bush and other Americans, who united and worked together to help rebuild the Gulf and the place of my birth, New Orleans.

At the time (and still today) the Bush administration was widely criticized in the media as being ineffective in its relief response to the Katrina aftermath.

What's funny is how libs bash Bush for Katrina when, actually, it was the Governor and the Mayor who dropped the ball on this.

"You're doing a heck of a job there Brownie!"

Katrina killed that many people because Bush let American Citizens sit in rancid flood waters for 2 weeks.

The storm wasn't as powerful. And the 120 deaths is a testament to good governance. FEMA, Cuomo, Christie and Obama deserve a great deal of credit.

your first sentence is nothing short of false...your second is at best hyperbolic partisan rhetoric
No..my first sentence isn't false.

It was so bad..that doctors euthanized their patients at one hospital.

By the way, 9/11 happened under Bush's watch, after he decided to ignore "mosquitoes" and piss off the Chinese and Russians.

Sallow this is the third time i have seen you mention this.....i never heard of this....i asked the other 2 times for a link and you never produced.....so unless you want me to get Dean over here where is the link?.....:eusa_eh:

Brazile writes:

Actually what's funny is how Rottgutter just makes shit up and bumps old threads that should be downright embarrassing if anybody reads what he's posted in them.

That's not "libs bashing Bush" -- that's the OP making shit up out of thin air yet again.
Notice how as soon as I challenge him to show a post that backs up his premise, he's suddenly nowhere to be found?

It's all a childish game to the troll who started this thread. All he's interested in is finding out who has a D after his name and then laying some shit on them. Even if he has to make it up. Even if he's wrong about what the letter after the name really is. Just make it up.

Another troll came in and said about the governor "he left the state", which belies his ignorance that not only was the governor IN the state throughout, but she wasn't even a he. The guy didn't even know who the governor was. Again, just making it up in hopes of swaying readers with blatant fabrications. Facts? Who needs 'em?

Last edited:
Those people were told for days to get the hell out of there. I don't feel sorry for the ones that stayed behind anyway thinking they could ride it through. None of that is Bush's fault......

And how were the poor and the elderly supposed to leave? There were no transport buses available. The private bus companies were overwhelmed with people fleeing. It's a bit facile to assume that everyone has a car and can drive, or that they have both the means to leave and somewhere else to go.

The Army Corps of Engineers had been telling the Bush Administration that the levees were in seriously need of repair for years, and the Bush Administration had ignored these reports because the fix was expensive. Something like Hurricane Katrina was inevitable. Plus Bush hired Haliburton to clean up the damage so Cheney made a few million this way, and the whole poor district got flooded out opening up all of that waterfront property for re-development.

For the Republicans, Katrina was a win/win situation.

Last edited:

Brazile writes:

Actually what's funny is how Rottgutter just makes shit up and bumps old threads that should be downright embarrassing if anybody reads what he's posted in them.

That's not "libs bashing Bush" -- that's the OP making shit up out of thin air yet again.
Notice how as soon as I challenge him to show a post that backs up his premise, he's suddenly nowhere to be found?

It's all a childish game to the troll who started this thread. All he's interested in is finding out who has a D after his name and then laying some shit on them. Even if he has to make it up. Even if he's wrong about what the letter after the name really is. Just make it up.

Another troll came in and said about the governor "he left the state", which belies his ignorance that not only was the governor IN the state throughout, but she wasn't even a he. The guy didn't even know who the governor was. Again, just making it up in hopes of swaying readers with blatant fabrications. Facts? Who needs 'em?

Projection...thanks for showing us how liberals work...the guy posted and article from black democrat stategist saying Bush was right......and I think he was......where was the local govt during that...FL gets shit done, LA diddnt do shit

Those people were told for days to get the hell out of there. I don't feel sorry for the ones that stayed behind anyway thinking they could ride it through. None of that is Bush's fault......

And how were the poor and the elderly supposed to leave? There were no transport buses available. The private bus companies were overwhelmed with people fleeing. It's a bit facile to assume that everyone has a car and can drive, or that they have both the means to leave and somewhere else to go.

The Army Corps of Engineers had been telling the Bush Administration that the levees were in seriously need of repair for years, and the Bush Administration had ignored these reports because the fix was expensive. Something like Hurricane Katrina was inevitable. Plus Bush hired Haliburton to clean up the damage so Cheney made a few million this way, and the whole poor district got flooded out opening up all of that waterfront property for re-development.

Who's fault was that? not Bush...that's the mayor and governor fucking around and letting people die...good thing their voters never question them........

Projection...thanks for showing us how liberals work...the guy posted and article from black democrat stategist saying Bush was right......and I think he was......where was the local govt during that...FL gets shit done, LA diddnt do shit

Once again, for those of you just learning to read, the projection is here:

-- now exactly how am I supposed to be "embarrassed" by this? I asked him this question and he turned tail and ran away like a little girl.
Shall I then conclude that making stuff up out of thin air and then running and hiding (and we know he read the post) is "showing how conservatives work"?

This is the same guy who posted, in this very thread, that authorities were warning people to leave New Orleans not only before it got to Florida but before it was even born.
He's got his head firmly up his ass. You may call him a "projector"; I call him a lying asshole. Semantics. Go back and read the thread before you embarrass yourself more.

So why do you care that Donna Brazile is black?

Last edited:

And how were the poor and the elderly supposed to leave? There were no transport buses available. The private bus companies were overwhelmed with people fleeing.
It's a bit facile to assume that everyone has a car and can drive, or that they have both the means to leave and somewhere else to go.

what about all those school buses just sitting in the lot?....

And how were the poor and the elderly supposed to leave? There were no transport buses available. The private bus companies were overwhelmed with people fleeing.
It's a bit facile to assume that everyone has a car and can drive, or that they have both the means to leave and somewhere else to go.

Mayor Nagin failed to utilize their sources.

Mayor Nagin failed to utilize their sources.

Whenever I hear somebody bring up the school buses, three words come to mind: "hook", "line" and "sinker". You guys are the classic gullible drone-audience that TV demands.

Some news channel takes a picture of flooded school buses, tacks on a suggestive chyron, and y'all wet your pants over it. Never mind that nobody determined whether there was time to marshal those buses, find drivers for them and organize evacuation; never mind that we don't know if said buses were in working condition, or if the mayor even had the authority to commandeer them; never mind that the pictures taken might not have been within Orleans Parish-- we've got a picture and that's all we need.

Time was the biggest factor of these. Nobody knew Katrina was coming on Monday the 29th (at dawn) until Saturday the 27th.
Three more words come to mind: "Monday morning quarterback".

Don't get me wrong, Ray Nagin was a disaster himself in a lot of ways, some of which came under indictment. But try to have at least some basis before jumping to conclusions. And if you're going to slobber all over yourself every time Television commands you to, at least wear a bib.

Last edited:
This guy is a disgrace to all of America... He cannot disappear from public life fast enough.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) said Hurricane Katrina was "nothing in comparison to what happened to the people in New York and New Jersey" from Hurricane Sandy. Katrina killed 1,833 people compared to 120 deaths from Sandy.

NOLA.com: Baton Rouge : Reid says Hurricane Katrina was 'nothing in comparison' to Sandy

Katrina killed that many people because Bush let American Citizens sit in rancid flood waters for 2 weeks.

The storm wasn't as powerful. And the 120 deaths is a testament to good governance. FEMA, Cuomo, Christie and Obama deserve a great deal of credit.

good gawdamighty.., i had no idea any one human could possibly be this stupid to post such fucking bullshit !!

aaaah ! now i know.., you are a fucking liarberal :up:

This guy is a disgrace to all of America... He cannot disappear from public life fast enough.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) said Hurricane Katrina was "nothing in comparison to what happened to the people in New York and New Jersey" from Hurricane Sandy. Katrina killed 1,833 people compared to 120 deaths from Sandy.

NOLA.com: Baton Rouge : Reid says Hurricane Katrina was 'nothing in comparison' to Sandy

your first sentence is nothing short of false...your second is at best hyperbolic partisan rhetoric

Please do tell how that first statement is false, thanks in advance

Forum List

Back